WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

This thread would have been better with image macros and accusations of racism.

As it were we'll have to make do with gay insults.

for the win

And its posts like this that arent helpful either! it fuels flame wars and discussion that is completely off topic.. So what if someone appears to be gay? its their choice but what has this got to do with PES? Or someones choice of Football game or console to play it on?

Well actually to me gaming is about playing the game itself, not having access to millions of modes for a mediocre game

You can say it louder but not clearer.

Why you need tons of modes (great modes, I must say) when the gameplay is useless? I WOULD LOVE PES with FIFA modes, but that is what we have right now, take it or leave it. And if the other option is FIFA is all said. I won't even discuss because FIFA for me is a bad football game, pretty far away from reality. PES is not a perfect game (far from, but a lot closer than FIFA), but it has one things that FIFA hasn't (and for me FIFA have never had): good gameplay. That is all.

For me the main topic here is because the poor improvement some people see on PES2008 (I include myself, TBH) some people try to see FIFA as a salvation of our beloved football entertainment. My opinion? Don't bother. After UCL 06-07 I am pretty sure that FIFA is still the same: great modes, mediocre gameplay.

Not because PES is stucked on development means FIFA is better. I think some people here mix up things.

I admit have contributed to the last flurry of insults but this place really needs MODS, in all honesty we should keep Fifa talk in the Fifa thread and all PES talk here. I can trace the degeneration of this thread to Ace Concisousness calling people ''Fifaggots'' the clean up process should start with him.

Sorry to correct you, but you are wrong. That guy Ace at least talked about PES here, even if he is a fanboy. The cleanup should start with the people that bother us with comments about how great FIFA is (when it is not anyway but that is not the point) when we are in a PES topic. Look also your posts. You are pure criticism dude, when someone praise or say something good about FIFA, you are ready to flame him in a minute. And well, now your nice follow-ups after the homophobic insults... well done. You are doing it well, really ... and now you want to call the mods? Please, if you or some others here don't know how to behave, dont blame mods... they are not your parents...

......it fuels flame wars and discussion that is completely off topic.. So what if someone appears to be gay?

No more slurs against Cristiano Ronaldo!! That's

a) outrageous

b) very dissappointing for the lad

c) he's only been shagging Gemma Atkinson for months just to prove things, now he'll have to continue

Last edited:

Here's something else for everyone to argue over!:lmao:

http://www.ps3center.net/story-865.html

"The Xbox 360 version is reportedly only a little superior over last year’s version of Pro Evolution Soccer."

"It seems that thus far the PS3 will be receiving the top version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 when it launches.
"

hahahah funny post, I dont think so some how boyo! PES will be the same on both machines.

And its posts like this that arent helpful either! it fuels flame wars and discussion that is completely off topic.. So what if someone appears to be gay? its their choice but what has this got to do with PES? Or someones choice of Football game or console to play it on?

Was this directed at me?

If so I will hang my head in mourning of the death of satire.

If not, carry on.

Also, 10 more english pounds that the DS is the best version

Was this directed at me?

If so I will hang my head in mourning of the death of satire.

If not, carry on.

Also, 10 more english pounds that the DS is the best version

Satire? Shakespeare? Net-physio-maniacs? Fakers?

This might be better than the Fifa thread you know, where you can almost smell the desparation and the scented body oil of masturbations.

Last edited:

'' PS3 Version of PES 2008 feeling smoother than Xbox 360

Gamespy is posting that the PS3 version of PES 2008 feels a 'little more fluid' on the PS3 console. However at Leipzig, After experiencing both versions they claim that they are much more impressed by what Konami has managed to 'squeeze out of the PS3's hardware' with the Xbox 360 merely building decently on last year's version ''

put some gasoline in the story that PS3 version is better ;)

Its funny if you notice this thread has died since Leipzig and the videos that were released.
No-one excited for scans or videos anymore.

Shows how poor the game looks even if ppl dont admit it.

Its funny if you notice this thread has died since Leipzig and the videos that were released.
No-one excited for scans or videos anymore.

Shows how poor the game looks even if ppl dont admit it.

The game looks pretty good actually. And you'll be buying it, no?

PES is a great game of football, not perfect but excellent to play.

FIFA is also a great game and thoroughly enjoyable as a game.

People need to get a grip and just enjoy the games for what they are, does it really matter which one is the best?? Both are fun and thats why I purchased my 360 to have fun.
I think people are taking things far too seriously and need to A)Lower expectations B)Discuss elements of the game C) contribute without flaming and slagging other members and D)stop making comparisons because although they share the same sport they are both completely different games.

PES Thread so lets taly about a fantastic game being released in October fella's

I will!

I read an article over at gamespy that the ps3 version is shaping up better than the 360 one, but that the controller was mapped weird.

Anyhow here is the article. http://uk.ps3.gamespy.com/playstation-3/konami-ps3-soccer-project-untitled/816313p1.html

Glad i got in early with my ps3. I was really put off by the be a pro video. That goal was rediculous. Still the gameplay looks much improved.

At work we have the release down for 5th October (I work for GAME)

Looking at that 2k forum i read a post regarding 2K sports and EA in which one member said "Let them gloat, especially since we've been enjoying a great franchise that has continuously been improved through the years and never really had to rely on "desperate hope"." Kinda rings true here as well.

Last edited:

Might buy the PS2 version but i didnt buy PES 6 on the Xbox 360 and if this is the same game i wont buy it either.

tank0r got pwned!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I suggest you and the other idiots check this out and compare the hosting domain

evo-web-morons.jpg

but hey I dont take it personal. the us idiots in the nba forum tell me I am lying aswell and say I havent been to the GC and LIVE wasnt playable.
So you are on the same level: you arewarded with the moron status

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a question, because I don't know...
What is worse?
Moron-status

or

FIFA-fanboy status?
Just kidding ;)

So moving back to subject...

Is there any hint related to demo availability?

I would also like to point out that Konami know very well about general public impressions, meaning that they know what people thinks about, ie, the running animation. i am confident that they will change that and other subtle things that are not difficult to implement.

My concern is that 2 months before release, there is still an awful amount of work in progress to be finished (suppossedly), and if there was not indeed a much more polished demo for the press at Leipzig, I can see a clear reason why Seabass didn't attend.. He is not ashamed of the product as someone said here, but afraid of the deadlines...

Badgerman, I miss your pictures...

BTW, It's only 3 days left for Konami to close rosters.

@han: well you cant call me fan boy because I havent played FIFA for 10 years but I agree that I am about to become one. based on the released footage so far I have no other choice

i.E.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDCSpDI5ZQ

@han: well you cant call me fan boy because I havent played FIFA for 10 years but I agree that I am about to become one. based on the released footage so far I have no other choice

i.E.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDCSpDI5ZQ
I got tears in my eyes because I laughed so much about it.
Is that a new feature, playing uphill and downhill?? :lmao:

Sorry to correct you, but you are wrong. That guy Ace at least talked about PES here, even if he is a fanboy. The cleanup should start with the people that bother us with comments about how great FIFA is (when it is not anyway but that is not the point) when we are in a PES topic. Look also your posts. You are pure criticism dude, when someone praise or say something good about FIFA, you are ready to flame him in a minute. And well, now your nice follow-ups after the homophobic insults... well done. You are doing it well, really ... and now you want to call the mods? Please, if you or some others here don't know how to behave, dont blame mods... they are not your parents...

WTFreak, dude do you know my post history, show me where in this thread have I flamed a Pes or Fifa fan? if anything I have been protecting Tank0r as people don't want to listen to him, even when he has been to CG, if you can't back up your statments then please shut up.

Last edited:

I suggest you and the other idiots check this out and compare the hosting domain

evo-web-morons.jpg

but hey I dont take it personal. the us idiots in the nba forum tell me I am lying aswell and say I havent been to the GC and LIVE wasnt playable.
So you are on the same level: you arewarded with the moron status

:shock:you again:lol: stop lying man(kid) now the hole forum knows that:lmao: get out & don't come back till u appologisse, to the people that u call them idiots

I'm going to point out something obvious:

FIFA forums exist around the web...

Just planting seeds...

See if they grow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom