WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Everyone knows i am all about single player MasterLeague.

And even if PES is slightly better than Fifa i can put up with missing out this year, Because Fifa has the excellent Manager Mode which will swing me in favour of Fifa this year.

But don't blame me what i want from Konami and the MasterLeague is so easy to implement it really gets more frustrating year after year why they dont add anything.

And even if PES is slightly better than Fifa i can put up with missing out this year, Because Fifa has the excellent Manager Mode which will swing me in favour of Fifa this year.

But don't blame me what i want from Konami and the MasterLeague is so easy to implement it really gets more frustrating year after year why they dont add anything.
Yes, for this reason I can understand you are disappointed. Sometimes I find you too harsh towards the new version, but here I have to agree with you. I expected more from the ML as well.
On the other hand I am happy with TeamVision and the great editor, which can be used for the ML as well.
On-line I am disappointed with the 1 vs 1 in stead of 2 vs 2 and more.

I am dissapointed that Han's up-hill down-hill mode isn't in pes2008 its clearly next-gen :lol:

Konami better not dare release a better MasterLeague mode in their Japanese release.
Slightly better gameplay i can handle and gotten used to but an improved MasterLeague will be taking the Piss.

it will be good if they do i just want the ml beter , if i have to pay £50 then so be it , i always get my moneys value out of pes as i play it about 200 hours every year on master league and don't usuallly go past the fourth season with the same team. it's great multi player but master league is what i want. you guys in usa are getting it easy £250 ps3 to £425 i uk games 40 to 50 uk , compared to £30 usa.

also no need to be modded as it is region free so game would cost cheaper for me in uk.

it will be good if they do i just want the ml beter , if i have to pay £50 then so be it , i always get my moneys value out of pes as i play it about 200 hours every year on master league and don't usuallly go past the fourth season with the same team. it's great multi player but master league is what i want. you guys in usa are getting it easy £250 ps3 to £425 i uk games 40 to 50 uk , compared to £30 usa.

also no need to be modded as it is region free so game would cost cheaper for me in uk.

Is the UK PS3 region free or is it the USA version?

Yeah we can play the japanese game because its region free but it will be all in Japanese and i dont know anyone whos producing Patches for the PS3 yet

Yeah we can play the japanese game because its region free but it will be all in Japanese and i dont know anyone whos producing Patches for the PS3 yet

Lol, I like your sig nice satire

Really? Don't you need a Japanese console, like it was with the previous WE?

...Hi Everybody...On "Gamespot.com" there is a preview of PES 2008...They say PS3 version is better than Xbox 360 one...Is that true???? Please ThomasGoal answer me...I was sure that the two version was equal :(

so all those storys about the ML ( edit own stadium, sponser deals..etc) were BS?!

Here's something else for everyone to argue over!:lmao:

http://www.ps3center.net/story-865.html

"The Xbox 360 version is reportedly only a little superior over last year’s version of Pro Evolution Soccer."

"It seems that thus far the PS3 will be receiving the top version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 when it launches.
"

Yeah I am sure thats true, just like the PS3 version was gonna be 3x better using all of the 20gb blue-ray disc. these sites speak BS man!!

Really? Don't you need a Japanese console, like it was with the previous WE?

yes all games are region free on the ps3 , unless the developers want to restrict it to a specific region. so far all the games releasd are region free and you can play any title out in japan i.e hot shots golf 5 which not out in EU yet etc.

sony only want the blu-ray or dvd videos to be region locked and not games.

I found some interesting info on the German Konami-site.
"Football is coming home: Das derzeit beste Fußballspiel feiert seine PS3-Premiere mit Schwalben, Mauerverstärkung und kompletter Online-Unterstützung - inklusive Ligen und Ranglisten."
Translated into English it roughly says:
"Football is coming home: The best football-game today celebrated it's premiere on the PS3 with diving, stronger walls and complete on-line support - including leagues and tables"
As the PS3 and 360 versions will be the same I wonder if these on-line features will also be at LIVE.

Last edited:

I love me some stats.

Can anyone bring me up to speed on the state of play regarding whether or not we have a boatload of detailed stats now? Really random stuff like longest goal, biggest win, most goals in a match type stuff? Basically the records bit in FM, is there anything like that in the upcoming game?

...Hi Everybody...On "Gamespot.com" there is a preview of PES 2008...They say PS3 version is better than Xbox 360 one...Is that true???? Please ThomasGoal answer me...I was sure that the two version was equal :(
Why you use Materazzi avatar for speak to me :(
so, the both version are the same but the PS3 is the lead SKU ;)

Apparently because Japanese gamers don't care about the ML they want silly heads and costumes to put on their footballers so that's what Konami give them because they apparently don't give a toss what anyone outside Japan wants from the game, despite worldwide sales being higher than Japanese sales (presumably?)

As for Fifa's gameplay being rubbish, we'll have to agree to disagree there, I personally find it rather good so look forward to managing Sheffield Wednesday to league and cup glory and promotions in Fifa 08 (if only in real life!) :)

well its not rubbish, it improves every year. but compared to pro evo, the gameplay is pretty bad.

according to Placebo the mangement aspect of FIFA took EA a year or longer to implement, even though it was implemented in the current gen version. So maybe its more involved then you think... maybe not 8 years! LOL

There's some rumours about that Kofi Annan is also on the cover.

I'd buy it on that basis alone.

Yeah I am sure thats true, just like the PS3 version was gonna be 3x better using all of the 20gb blue-ray disc. these sites speak BS man!!

Yeah really. The way people were talking a month or two ago, you would think the PS3 version could jump out the console and kick you upside the neck.

sorry mates if previously said, but there are some news about the brands of the 30 boots in the game? I hope adidas, nike, puma and lotto for sure..

sorry mates if previously said, but there are some news about the brands of the 30 boots in the game? I hope adidas, nike, puma and lotto for sure..

adidas and reebok for sure.

i hope nike, umbro, puma are also there.

if we could photo edit boots it would be great lol

@han: well you cant call me fan boy because I havent played FIFA for 10 years but I agree that I am about to become one. based on the released footage so far I have no other choice

i.E.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpDCSpDI5ZQ

You're becoming a fanboy of a game based on some video you saw?

Ooooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

adidas and reebok for sure.

i hope nike, umbro, puma are also there.

if we could photo edit boots it would be great lol

Someone posted news saying Adidas, Reebok, Nike and Puma would be doing boots and balls a while ago.

Saw a couple of Nike balls in the official trailer so I guess it's true.

Talk about a Game Show that doesn't work in favor of a game.

All these flooding gameplay videos show me that this is PES6 with:

1) Slightly improved gameplay.
2) New graphics, and they aren't that "next-gen" either.

I know what they're thinking. What's the point of changing the animations engine if it will only last 1 year? (Next year will have a new animations engine based on 360 movement)

It's a lot of work, and apparently Seabass thought it's not worth it if they'll just change them again next year.

It will sell pretty good, still.

Last edited:

'' PS3 Version of PES 2008 feeling smoother than Xbox 360

Gamespy is posting that the PS3 version of PES 2008 feels a 'little more fluid' on the PS3 console. However at Leipzig, After experiencing both versions they claim that they are much more impressed by what Konami has managed to 'squeeze out of the PS3's hardware' with the Xbox 360 merely building decently on last year's version ''

put some gasoline in the story that PS3 version is better ;)

Seriously though everyone, how much more "fluid" can the game become. That word has now become pointless.

I suppose the testers don't have enough will to try and explain exactly what is different, but they just settle for "fluid". How about trying to analyze it and come up with some "facts", like some animations being quicker or slower, or something concrete.

If it is only this "feeling" they seem to have now, it is safe to say their arguments are completely pointless. They say "It looks like PS3 will receive the superior version", when they can't even say what is superior, other than "more fluid".

Are the textures in higher resolution (Has anyone that has played the game even used the replay mode yet to get some really close up shots of details or movements (other than the WENB footage of the Ronaldo Heel Rush)).

I think it is safe to ignore these reports until they can actually put these differences into words.

Besides, as mentioned by me before, it is pretty pintless trying to judge the response of the game when you have 2 different consoles with different input devices. Try going from a laptop keyboard to a proper keyboard with "deeper" keys, and notice a really big difference in "response" immediately.

WHen KONAMI announces the features and the possible differences between the consoles, then I'll believe it. And KONAMI did announce some time ago that all Next-Gen versions are going to be the same.
Now, KONAMI might seem flaky, but I would guess they have some amount of planning, rather than, 2 months before the game is due for release, saying:

"hey guys, we can squeeze a ton more shit into the Blu-Ray discs! And we should change the PS3 version slightly out of the blue right now for no apparent reason."

"Yeah, because we don't want them to be the same, what if someone buys it for both the 360 and the PS3, what will they think?"

"Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't release our own 'favourite version' to all consoles. Instead we should deliberately put an inferior version on the 360, one that we aren't as happy about, because there is nothing programmers want more than not having their preferred code played by millions of people".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom