WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Personally, i'm looking forward to FIFA more this year. I feel they are taking steps in the right direction.
Long story, I’ve got accustomed to hearing the same story since 1999. Nothing gonna happen – same bla-bla…
That’s why I prefer PES to FIFA. Even miracle can’t change the style of FIFA. Too much outrageous lie from EA.
Of course, everything IMHO.

about that fifa 08 vid it looks great and the passing and player animation are so realistic, however what i can't get over is the two main things about the game and what are really imporant in a football game i.e. shooting looks awful scoring weird goals(ronaldinho in be a pro mode video on utube) and the ball physics it's way to bouncy and is like a beach ball curling all over the place and the keepers which are AWFUL MAKING INCREDIBLE SAVES LIKE SPIDER MAN AND THE NEXT minute OUt of position flapping at everything, and finally the com AI is awful so no need playing against com as all you need is bury fc and put a fast striker like say lita and you will run past the man u defence and score and win the match about 6-1 and thats on the hardest level.

thats the problem with it, pes has all the basic fundamentals of football right or about right and none of them tremadously bad like fifa which has some aspects of ther gameplay i.e. animations and graphics and passing which are great and better than pes but not too significantly and the other aspects which are needed to make the game realistic and flow like a proper footie game like A.I., keepers ,ball physics and shooting are way behind pes and make the fifa gameplay feel awful and have no depth as the com is predictable and no challenge and not half as good as the multiplayer of pes which most people play alot and is alot of hours on internet or with mates.

Last edited:

But, what did WENB see behind closed doors at GC that made them feel better about the game? Talk about a better version than what was shown to the public. Why would Konami do that? What are they hiding? Or is it just "Damage Control"? What were all the NDA's for? Now we have a new NDA for the "closed doors" version?I am very grateful to the guys at WENB for their excellent work, but something just doesn't add up.

I am a big PES fan, but I have to be honest, I am very dissapointed at what Konami has shown us at Leipzig. Why was all the media and the "super contacts" saying things like "wait till you see it in motion", "it is unbelievably realistic". Did they play a different version than the one shown at Leipzig? Because from what I have seen in the videos something is very wrong with animations, pace, fluidity. Can't really say what it is, but it just doesn't look right. Or maybe it just doesn't look like what we were led to believe it looked like.

So many questions.

...pes has all the basic fundamentals of football right or about right and none of them tremadously bad like fifa which has some aspects of ther gameplay i.e. animations and graphics and passing which are great and better than pes but not too significantly and the other aspects which are needed to make the game realistic and flow like a proper footie game like A.I., keepers ,ball physics and shooting are way behind pes and make the fifa gameplay feel awful and have no depth as the com is predictable and no challenge...

Don’t forget, u’ve to define – what we’re talking about – SIM or ARCADE?
AND - what du u think, which way PES is supposed to be ?
- play vs CPU?
- play vs online player?
In every way we may take a gimmick, that’s why we’ve got to wait and grab the original core of the game when it’ll be released.
Just my two cents.

P.S.
Actually. I’m still wonder – what the hack to make a switched features? SIM or ARCADE?

sorry but is it real ? :)
No... Konami is never very fast with demo's. Expect one when the game is about to release.
The game is not finished yet, so there is no way of expecting the demo soon.

No... Konami is never very fast with demo's. Expect one when the game is about to release.
The game is not finished yet, so there is no way of expecting the demo soon.

Han don't play with my emotions, tell me a demo will be out some time before the game is released and not after

Han don't play with my emotions, tell me a demo will be out some time before the game is released and not after
I would play with your emotions if I told you untrue promises ;)

I found some interesting info on the German Konami-site.

Translated into English it roughly says:

As the PS3 and 360 versions will be the same I wonder if these on-line features will also be at LIVE.

[-o<

yeh but you cant relly tell if there are difference of the gameplay by watching a video

are there any videos of someone doing a sub

Adonis said it wasn't in the version at Leipzig, just confirmation.

Having spent a lot of time abroad I can see where Konami get their view of football slightly different to our Sky view of the Premiership. However I just dont get the following, can WENB speak to their contacts so that these bl00dy things can get sorted, they may not be big but they bug me!!

1. Invisible Box around the keeper when ball is in the air..WTF!
2. What I call the tackle then spin, where my player does a 720 after going in for a tackle...WTF where does this happen.
3. The "Fall to my knees and Roll after missing a chance"...WTF!
4. metal rods at the back of the nets.
5. When running 1 on 1 with a defender who is stationary, if I knock the ball past him he cannot with super speed, turn around and catch me up as Martins or Owen to get in a tackle..its just pants..
6. From a throw in , if I have a player that can launch the ball into the box I should be able to, not just throw the ball out for a goal kick....

And thats basic stuff that doesn't require a lot of work at all....

Thomas, I want your babies.

on my face

However I feel that there is a fundamental comunication barrier, that would mean that you might have to babblefish some of my posts so as to get a translation. I feel this as my sentence structuring isn't like what you find on Dawsons Creek, which, as we all know, is how people learn to use English.

die pacey die

finally the com AI is awful so no need playing against com as all you need is bury fc and put a fast striker like say lita and you will run past the man u defence and score and win the match about 6-1 and thats on the hardest level.

You've clearly never played UCL next gen on the hardest difficulty because there is no way you would win 6-1.

As for Fifa 08's "com AI", from what I've seen (yes, yes proof of the pudding is in the eating) it looks pretty good at building up attacks:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zGUB2n0kLsw
http://www.mediafire.com/?an2p9wnihmi

If there are any PES2008 videos floating around showing comparable AI please provide links because I'm interested in playing PES if it's good in singleplayer :)

Seriously though everyone, how much more "fluid" can the game become. That word has now become pointless.

I suppose the testers don't have enough will to try and explain exactly what is different, but they just settle for "fluid". How about trying to analyze it and come up with some "facts", like some animations being quicker or slower, or something concrete.

If it is only this "feeling" they seem to have now, it is safe to say their arguments are completely pointless. They say "It looks like PS3 will receive the superior version", when they can't even say what is superior, other than "more fluid".

Are the textures in higher resolution (Has anyone that has played the game even used the replay mode yet to get some really close up shots of details or movements (other than the WENB footage of the Ronaldo Heel Rush)).

I think it is safe to ignore these reports until they can actually put these differences into words.

Besides, as mentioned by me before, it is pretty pintless trying to judge the response of the game when you have 2 different consoles with different input devices. Try going from a laptop keyboard to a proper keyboard with "deeper" keys, and notice a really big difference in "response" immediately.

WHen KONAMI announces the features and the possible differences between the consoles, then I'll believe it. And KONAMI did announce some time ago that all Next-Gen versions are going to be the same.
Now, KONAMI might seem flaky, but I would guess they have some amount of planning, rather than, 2 months before the game is due for release, saying:

"hey guys, we can squeeze a ton more shit into the Blu-Ray discs! And we should change the PS3 version slightly out of the blue right now for no apparent reason."

"Yeah, because we don't want them to be the same, what if someone buys it for both the 360 and the PS3, what will they think?"

"Yeah, I agree that we shouldn't release our own 'favourite version' to all consoles. Instead we should deliberately put an inferior version on the 360, one that we aren't as happy about, because there is nothing programmers want more than not having their preferred code played by millions of people".

jesus fuck man...why do you always write 10 pages essays? lol

cliff notes please

You've clearly never played UCL next gen on the hardest difficulty because there is no way you would win 6-1.

As for Fifa 08's "com AI", from what I've seen (yes, yes proof of the pudding is in the eating) it looks pretty good at building up attacks:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zGUB2n0kLsw
http://www.mediafire.com/?an2p9wnihmi

If there are any PES2008 videos floating around showing comparable AI please provide links because I'm interested in playing PES if it's good in singleplayer :)

why are you here? please stop trolling man...jesus fuck...im so tired of your FIFA bullshit...those videos you posted look SHITE! TOTAL SHITE!

Obviously, you don't know shit about real football, ur from a 3rd world nation....LOL@Singapore

Just go to the FIFA area, this is discussion of PES fans

why are you here? please stop trolling man...jesus fuck...im so tired of your FIFA bullshit...those videos you posted look SHITE! TOTAL SHITE!

I'm here for the sole purpose of irking you, apparently, which is like a bonus, you know :)

Oh and BTW, "trolling" is posting a negative opinion about something without backing it up with any kind of fact or balanced argument, you know something like "those videos you posted look SHITE! TOTAL SHITE!" ring a bell?

Obviously, you don't know shit about real football, ur from a 3rd world nation....LOL@Singapore

Says you in "Los Angeles".

And if you think Singapore is a 3rd world nation you need to pick up an encyclopaedia or something because you're betraying your complete lack of intellect.

Only people with positive things to say about PES can post here? Riiiiiiight, well you may not be aware of this but you don't run this forum, until CW says no Fifa discussion in the PES thread, no negative comments in the PES thread I'll post where I like, when I like :)

Seriously though, this is not the place for fifa videos. Every other post you've made (although not litteraly) has been about prommoting fifa and not about discussing PES2008. Now you can throw me the bullshit about making comparisons, whatever. But we are more than capable of doing that for ourselves. I know you have made some good contributions on the side of PES and improving it but that should be all this thread is about.

I for one am tired of people ramming fifa down my throat and telling me to swallow up.

Now all your probably going to do is quote me and make digs at MY opinion.

Can you not see that although your opinion is valid what you have done in battling so hard for fifa is that youve alienated some of the community, which is not the reason for being here. (It's all in the name, community.)So i sudggest that if you want to discuss fifa you do so in the correct thread and leave this thread for PES2008.

I'm sorry for rambling but all the FIFA crap has been annoying me for too long.

EDIT: ok so back on topic thoes videos don't show anything secial. The ai looks pretty poor i mean there are a group of 4 attackers within a few feet of each other. The only thing the makes it look better are the animations. You should view the video of the guy getting creamed 3-0 by the CPU if you want to see the AI in PES2008, but i dont know which vid has is (best to ask Thomas)

Last edited:

It's this video here. The way the AI distrbutes the ball is much more realistic swhiching play from left the right and creating space. In thoes fifa vids i there saw were alot of players grouped.

http://www.psking.net/video/PlayStation+2/Pro+Evolution+Soccer+2008/big/667

Now the only reason you may believe it isn't better is because of the animations. But this is why although it doesnt look as pollished, PES2008 will play very well.

Ban please.

Last edited:

:shock::shock:
to bad!!!!
i´m brazilian!! i´m from a 3rd world nation and just because of that i don´t know nothing about football!???:shock:
sorry, but your post is a big mistake!!!
in the 3rd world nation there is cable tv, there is internet and there is stadiuns and pitches to play and watch...
so i really don´t understand your post!!!
some people many times do huge mistakes judging people for you nations without even know what them are talking about!!!
what a shame!!!

Thanks, I'm 99% sure I haven't seen that one, I'll clean it up a bit and mirror it :)

That Video looks class

shows some subtlety of movements you can use to turn/beat a man when recieving the ball ala zidane.

also nice to see hard low shots beat the keeper, one on one, on a more realistic basis.

In this video the game is played intelligently which gives you more of an idea how good the game is. (no random hits of pass and constant R1 holding)

I've edited it to remove the TV frame and clean it up a bit, added slow mo replays of the 3 goals at the end, uploading now :)

Having spent a lot of time abroad I can see where Konami get their view of football slightly different to our Sky view of the Premiership. However I just dont get the following, can WENB speak to their contacts so that these bl00dy things can get sorted, they may not be big but they bug me!!

6. From a throw in , if I have a player that can launch the ball into the box I should be able to, not just throw the ball out for a goal kick....

And thats basic stuff that doesn't require a lot of work at all....

Some players can do it, only the ones with long throw special ability.

That statement is utter fucking ignorance. First of all African countries are third world nations and they produce numerous football talents who become world class players; cannot be compared to your shite players.

2nd of all, Singapore isn't a third world nation you mongrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom