WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

@Black Sheep: That TV looks dead sexy and I will be sure to find out if I can get one somewhere!

@bbc.alster: thx for 1st hand feedback, bro. :) bad news then..

@Trance_Allstar: thx for commenting on the topic. You have illustrated my point much better than I seem able to do with my english skills... :'( In fact, those long passes that you talk about are exactly what feels weird in the gameplay vids and IMO is worse than in PES6; have the guys at Konami ever played football 11 vs. 11? It's impossible to apply such a strength to a ball and expect that it will travel a 20m+ distance GLUED to the grass, come on.... With these sort of unrealistic issues still in the game (along with the infamous 8-way digital passing AND movement, you listened right Konami), what do we need more realistic animations for? To compensate for the bowling ball? Come on.

@Trance_Allstar: thx for commenting on the topic. You have illustrated my point much better than I seem able to do with my english skills... :'( In fact, those long passes that you talk about are exactly what feels weird in the gameplay vids and IMO is worse than in PES6; have the guys at Konami ever played football 11 vs. 11? It's impossible to apply such a strength to a ball and expect that it will travel a 20m+ distance GLUED to the grass, come on.... With these sort of unrealistic issues still in the game (along with the infamous 8-way digital passing AND movement, you listened right Konami), what do we need more realistic animations for? To compensate for the bowling ball? Come on.

Well said mate.

I dont realize how Konami can ignore our feedbacks, suggestions, prayers, claims.

They have a forum, they managed to structure and collect suggestions to implement, despite that they keep making this mistakes.

Last edited:

Sorry if this has already been asked but do we have weather effects in PES2008??

In your opinion, guys, are the japanese ppl interested to this game?
I never saw even one japanese ppl making a post (probably I can't see, ok).
After all we are talking about a game made by japaneses.

This is a big deal. Why doesnt european software house be able to make a good modern footy game?

Why can we make by ourself our footy game?

Last edited:

Bitter Sweet PES 2008 News

I received confirmation today of information that I had known about for a few days now. It is disappointing for the fans but something I am sure will be rectified next season. PES 2008 will only play as 1 vs. 1 online. Although most fans were hoping for at least a 2 vs. 2 online mode, unfortunately we will probably have to wait until next year for that feature. EA Sports is flaunting FIFA '08's massive online play capabilities that are sure to make it a hit but I believe that Konami will get it right for next year.

So, no 2 vs 2 is confirmed. Way to go Konami:applause:\\:o/

Anyone seen the message on the WENB, online play only 1vs.1. That´s a stepback even. Well done Konami. But hopefully they managed to make a swish online play then without any lags at all.

The "good" news is that more Swedish teams are licensed and in FIFA 08 there will be placeholders now. Whoohoo. I can´t stop celebrating. No disrespect to Swedish people here, but the league is absolutely nothing in Europe and who (apart from Swedish people) would play with a Swedish team? Konami could have well safed that money and get the friggin Bundesliga in. The best would be more Premier League teams, but that seems impossible.

Don´t get me wrong, I still buy the game and I know I´ll love it, but these are annoying things.

Your english is fine mate, I understood your point. ;)

But I agree obviously, it seems pointless for KONAMI to improve animations and such. The look of the game, with the 8-way movements, still looks completely fake (Go back in time 12(?) or so years to Sensible Soccer and you had the same amount of directions to move in). Sure they can polish it, but it's still crap.

By the way, forget animations: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23591.html

NaturalMotion has the right idea finally. :)

They have a "behavioral" physics system. If you are tackled in the game, your player automatically tries to fall as well as he can, yet if something hits his body or leg, it will react as it would in real-life.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/97561.html

The physics will ensure that the bodies react properly to forces and collisions, but they still maintain intelligence with landings and trying to parry and roll so they get out in one piece. Now that is a proper engine.

...A man can dream. :)

Anyone seen the message on the WENB, online play only 1vs.1. That´s a stepback even. Well done Konami. But hopefully they managed to make a swish online play then without any lags at all.

The "good" news is that more Swedish teams are licensed and in FIFA 08 there will be placeholders now. Whoohoo. I can´t stop celebrating. No disrespect to Swedish people here, but the league is absolutely nothing in Europe and who (apart from Swedish people) would play with a Swedish team? Konami could have well safed that money and get the friggin Bundesliga in. The best would be more Premier League teams, but that seems impossible.

Don´t get me wrong, I still buy the game and I know I´ll love it, but these are annoying things.

None taken, I hate my league too. :(

;)

...No, seriously, I do.

Your english is fine mate, I understood your point. ;)

But I agree obviously, it seems pointless for KONAMI to improve animations and such. The look of the game, with the 8-way movements, still looks completely fake (Go back in time 12(?) or so years to Sensible Soccer and you had the same amount of directions to move in). Sure they can polish it, but it's still crap.

By the way, forget animations: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23591.html

They have a "behavioral" physics system. If you are tackled in the game, your player automatically tries to fall as well as he can, yet if something hits his body or leg, it will react as it would in real-life.

The physics will ensure that the bodies react properly to forces and collisions, but they still maintain intelligence with landings and trying to parry and roll so they get out in one piece. Now that is a proper engine.

This is EXACTLY what comes to my mind if I think about next-gen!

A must for every (sports-)game!

No 2v2 might just throw it for me... Pretty much the main thing i wanted.... Another year goes by.....

The other improvements are ok but i have PES 6 on the 360 and would've probably bought 2008 for 2v2 alone.

Damn it.... Hope it changes....

WOW :shock:

I think I'll move towards american football... ;)

This is EXACTLY what comes to my mind if I think about next-gen!

A must for every (sports-)game!

Yeah. Imagine shooting a hard volley with Kaka, and seeing the ball bang into a defenders head, knocking him unconscious. Or hitting his arm causing it to flail from the impact. Running into the post could knock you unconscious.

Combine this with a great damage system (since the physics calculations are so detailed, they know exactly how much forces are put on limbs and bones, and if you for example go to shoot the ball but someone puts their leg in the way, you could end up fracturing your leg from the impact (This would also means no more limbs going through bodies, or legs clipping through someone elses leg).

From NaturalMotion website

"endorphin is in use at many visual effects studios (e.g. MPC, The Mill, Sony Imageworks), game studios (e.g. Sony, EA, Namco, Konami) and simulation companies (e.g. Airbus, Northrop Grumman)."

???

Good news for future?
:roll:

From NaturalMotion website

"endorphin is in use at many visual effects studios (e.g. MPC, The Mill, Sony Imageworks), game studios (e.g. Sony, EA, Namco, Konami) and simulation companies (e.g. Airbus, Northrop Grumman)."

???

Good news for future?
:roll:

Could be for Metal Gear, or just small things. It can also be used to animate videos and such, which MGS usually has plenty of. I doubt the PES team would bother with it. :/

It was used for this ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpgXXhkT9HA :)

Last edited:

From NaturalMotion website also, sacred words:

"With euphoria, animations are not canned but are generated on-the-fly by the CPU as the game is played. Every tackle is your tackle, every haymaker is your haymaker.

euphoria provides unprecedented interactivity and realism, and gives users a true next-generation gaming experience."

"euphoria is currently being integrated into multiple AAA next-generation console titles, including Grand Theft Auto IV, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Indiana Jones"

NO 2v2?! is that oficial?

cos im tired of reading BS over here!! ppl were also saying how cool the ML would be and its the same as last year....dont give us BS anymore unless its oficial.

Last edited:

NO 2v2?! is that oficial?

cos im tired of reading BS over here!! ppl were also saying how cool the ML would be and its the same as last year....dont give us BS anymore unless its oficial.

A KONAMI official said it during Leipzig to Level7.nu. So it seems to be official.

mmm i wont beleive it untill its official from konami.

im tired of this..." an informer" or an "official from konami(noname)" said:....

WOW!!!

2K, EA and Konami purchasing managers should be calling them and begging them to let them use that engine....

I am sure that It would be both financially and technically be much better than develop a new and defective engine year after year.

I simply cannot accept that after 20+ years of half-decent football and other sports' games, we are still talking about the same ol' problems: collision detection (NBA 07 was a joke on this respect, OMG), ball physics (PES6, FIFA07), the jerky linking of the animations (all sports games fail so miserably in this one, sorry).... It's such an old story that It amazes me how the very same errors are still here over and over. Sooo boring.

How much time does it take to develop or modify the engine? I bet that at least half the development time of sports games goes down the toilet INSTEAD of being used for real "next-gen" features, ie. adding new features, making extensions to the licensed engine, etc.

/ironic mode on
It is particularly funny that almost all the games industry uses licensed engines for gfx and physics, but here we have our much beloved Konami doing things "the hard way". How could we possibly expect them to have time to revamp the ML? It is our fault to have such high expectations...
/ironic mode off

Worst part of all is that Seabass has Kojima on the same team and will never learn a word from him. That's arrogancy.

And sorry for the 10-page post... ;)

To add to this comment, we don't need all licensed, what we need is MORE TEAMS, MORE LEAGUES, licensed or not...

btw guys, konami announced system requirements:

PES 2008

Systemanforderungen:

Empfohlene Systemvoraussetzungen:
> Windows XP
> Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 oder besser
> 1GB RAM
> 6.5GB freier Festplattenspeicherplatz empfohlen
> 8x DVD-ROM Laufwerk
> DirectX 9.0c kompatible Grafikkarte

> 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 oder NVidia 6800 GT/GS oder besser)
> DirectX 9.0c kompatible Soundkarte
> DirectX 9.0c oder besser
> Windows kompatibles USB Gamepad
> 1280 x 720 Bildschirmauflösung

Unterstützte Chipsets:

> NVIDIA - GeForce 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, GeForce FX (5950, 5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3

> ATI - Radeon x1600, x1800, x1900, x800, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500

> DIE GEFORCE MX-BAUREIHE WIRD NICHT UNTERSTÜTZT!

http://de.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=163&idGamePlatformInfo=240

and list of features (all in german, can translate, maybe an other guy will do that, have no time atm):

PS2 Features:
> World Tour Modus mit 100 anspruchsvollen Missionen

> Community Modus - Erstelle deine eigene offline Community und spiele gegen deine Freunde inklusive detaillierten Statistiken

> Spiele Online-Matches mit einem Freund gegen den Computer

> Meisterliga-Modus kann auf der PSP weitergespielt werden

PC Features:
> Basiert auf der Next-Gen Grafikengine der PS3 und Xbox 360

> Neue Moves

> Erweiterter Editier-Modus (Editiere Spieler inklusive Namen und Bewegungen, Teams, Stadionsnamen, Turniernamen)

> Speichere deine Tor-Highlights bequem ab

> Lizensierte Songs und Jukebox Feature (Erstelle deine eigenen Playlists aus der Spiel-Musik)

> Meisterliga Popularitäts-Feature (Das Spiel bewertet die Popularität deines Teams, welche wiederum das Transferverhalten beeinflusst)

> Spiele Online Matches mit einem Freund gegen den Computer

XBOX 360 Features:
> Inklusive Editier-Modus (Editiere Spieler inklusive Namen und Bewegungen, Teams, Stadionnamen, Turniernamen)

> Bring dein Gesicht ins Spiel (Unterstützt Xbox Live Vision Kamera)

> Speichere deine Replays und Torhighlights bequem ab

> Lizensierte Songs und Jukebox Feature (Erstelle deine eigenen Playlists aus der Spiel-Musik)

> Meisterliga Popularitäts-Feature (Das Spiel bewertet die Popularität deines Teams, welche das Transferverhalten beeinflusst)

PS3 Features:
> Das erste PES für PS3 mit Next-Gen Grafikengine

> Inklusive Editier-Modus (Editiere Spieler inklusive Namen und Bewegungen, Teams, Stadionnamen, Turniernamen)

> Speichere deine Replays bequem ab

> Meisterliga Popularitäts-Feature (Das Spiel bewertet die Popularität deines Teams, welche das Transferverhalten beeinflusst)

http://de.games.konami-europe.com/game.do?idGame=163&idGamePlatformInfo=239

To add to this comment, we don't need all licensed, what we need is MORE TEAMS, MORE LEAGUES, licensed or not...

This is what WENB need to be putting on their Blog and sending to Konami, if they now have the communication link with the PES team (even if it is via several layers!) then simple suggestions like this should be passed up the line, these are the simple things that make the most out of a game, SWOS didn't have amazing graphics..but its gameplay and levels of play were unsurpassable and as far as I am concerned still are today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom