WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

ya, they could make the portuguese liga, even if it wasnt official, just put there the 3 licensed clubs ( benfica, sporting, porto), and the other teams and liga name dont have to be licensed, ill edit it.

Well, you will always need a certain degree of canned animations in a game, at least for the time being. What It refers to is that collisions, and such movements are generated on the fly.

But It surely won't generate the kick or pass animations itself. If It would, however, we could have instant 360 analog control, or infinite dribbling possibilities.... Mmmmm, maybe we should urge them to start working on it and then convince an european company to make a football game. I know someone at Pyro Studios....

Importing your face isn't mentioned under PS3 features but is mentioned under 360.

Also, according to Google Translate, one of those features is "Play on-line matches with a friend against the computer". Is that new?

Well JayM there isnt the next gen Eyetoy out yet for PS3 so perhaps thats why.... So the 360 may well get something that the PS3 version doesnt :)....

Yeah. Imagine shooting a hard volley with Kaka, and seeing the ball bang into a defenders head, knocking him unconscious. Or hitting his arm causing it to flail from the impact. Running into the post could knock you unconscious.

Combine this with a great damage system (since the physics calculations are so detailed, they know exactly how much forces are put on limbs and bones, and if you for example go to shoot the ball but someone puts their leg in the way, you could end up fracturing your leg from the impact (This would also means no more limbs going through bodies, or legs clipping through someone elses leg).

Imagine also how awesome the safes would look like!

Safes? dont you mean Saves?

Wow AGAIN...

I just read this article on IGN and started drooling on the possibility that some intelligent company puts this technology to good use in a football game...:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705489p1.html

It's a preview of Indiana Jones 2007, currently in development. It uses Euphoria to the bone.

Imagine also how awesome the safes would look like!

They would definitely be more realistic, since the hand or arm or leg would be moved by the ball impacting it, even if the goalkeeper is ready for the shot. Also the goalkeeper could possibly be forced to abide by the rules of physics, so that they cannot save "impossible" shots by changing direction quicker than a normal person (since they have mass and weight).

Yep, animations would still need to be there. The difference being that there is no need for blending from a running animation to a "stagger" animation, all they need to do is let the system react to a tackle, by for example making the player try and maintain balance as best he can, causing him to stagger, only it looks different everytime based on how he was pushed etc.

Yeah. Imagine shooting a hard volley with Kaka, and seeing the ball bang into a defenders head, knocking him unconscious. Or hitting his arm causing it to flail from the impact. Running into the post could knock you unconscious.

Combine this with a great damage system (since the physics calculations are so detailed, they know exactly how much forces are put on limbs and bones, and if you for example go to shoot the ball but someone puts their leg in the way, you could end up fracturing your leg from the impact (This would also means no more limbs going through bodies, or legs clipping through someone elses leg).
It's my dream right here .Too many we've all seen keepers going through posts like mutants .Too many times players receive poweful shots on theirs bodies and they feel nothing.All you described Trance would make the game much more alive .Konami would do well to listen to your ideas cause you're the guy who comes up with the best and most realistic suggestions in order to order to take PES to another level .What a shame :(

Well, you will always need a certain degree of canned animations in a game, at least for the time being. What It refers to is that collisions, and such movements are generated on the fly.

But It surely won't generate the kick or pass animations itself. If It would, however, we could have instant 360 analog control, or infinite dribbling possibilities.... Mmmmm, maybe we should urge them to start working on it and then convince an european company to make a football game. I know someone at Pyro Studios....

I point to Codemasters too for a such project...

GOOGLE TRANSLATA

PS2 feature:
> World route mode with 100 fastidious missions

> Community mode - provide your own off-line Community and play against your friends including detailed statistics

> plays on-line Matches with a friend against the computer

> master league mode can be further-played on the PSP

PC feature:
> is based on the NEXT genes diagram engine of the PS3 and Xbox 360

> new moves

> extended editing mode (edit players inclusive names and movements, team, stadium name, tournament name)

> store your gate highlights comfortably

> Songs and Jukebox licenced feature (provide your own Playlists from the play music)

> master league popularity feature (the play evaluates the popularity of your team, which affects again the transfer behavior)

XBOX 360 features:
> inclusive editing mode (edit players inclusive names and movements, team, stadium name, tournament name)

> bring your face in the play (Xbox live vision camera supports)

> store your Replays and gate highlights comfortably

> Songs and Jukebox licenced feature (provide your own Playlists from the play music)

> master league popularity feature (the play evaluates the popularity of your team, which affects the transfer behavior)

PS3 feature:
> the first PES for PS3 with NEXT gene diagram engine

> inclusive editing mode (edit players inclusive names and movements, team, stadium name, tournament name)

> store your Replays comfortably

> master league popularity feature (the play evaluates the popularity of your team, which affects the transfer behavior)

They would definitely be more realistic, since the hand or arm or leg would be moved by the ball impacting it, even if the goalkeeper is ready for the shot. Also the goalkeeper could possibly be forced to abide by the rules of physics, so that they cannot save "impossible" shots by changing direction quicker than a normal person (since they have mass and weight).

I take it you have never seen gordon banks save against brazil in 1970 then??
that defied physics

I won't play master league if its exactly the same. Don't see the point really. I'm definitely getting the game but for multiplayer with friends only

Empfohlene Systemvoraussetzungen:
> Windows XP
> Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 oder besser
> 1GB RAM
> 6.5GB freier Festplattenspeicherplatz empfohlen
> 8x DVD-ROM Laufwerk
> DirectX 9.0c kompatible Grafikkarte

> 256MB Pixel Shader 3.0 (ATI x1600 oder NVidia 6800 GT/GS oder besser)
> DirectX 9.0c kompatible Soundkarte
> DirectX 9.0c oder besser
> Windows kompatibles USB Gamepad
> 1280 x 720 Bildschirmauflösung
I have a Syncmaster 151s LCD with a max of 1024 x 768...
Is that enough?

Hey about that euphoria engine in sports games well there is a project in the making check this outit's cald backbreaker http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCWbUYtitY

it's supposed to be a real football (american) game, also graphics look good (could be rendering video).

wtf? PS3 version wont have the photo edit??

man if it doesnt have it sucks, konami and seabass is really pissing me off now....master league is the same crap, only 1v1 online, no photo edit..damn

wtf? PS3 version wont have the photo edit??

man if it doesnt have it sucks, konami and seabass is really pissing me off now....master league is the same crap, only 1v1 online, no photo edit..damn
It's in too, but i'm really sad about the 1 vs 1, i just want 2 vs 2 :roll:

Last edited:

It's unbelievable, after all the hype, all the anticipation, all the excitement, we get 90% the same game.

To people asking for System requirement translation, is it fucking hard to go to http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr or google translation and do a copy paste job?

Anyway, here:

PES 2008 System requirements:
Recommended conditions for system:
Windows XP
Pentium 4 3.0GHz /AMD Athlon 64 or better
1GB RAM
6.5GB free fixed disk place recommended
8x DVD ROM drive assembly
DirectX 9.0c compatible diagram map
256MB pixel Shader 3,0 (ATI x1600 or NVidia 6800 GT/GS or better)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound map
DirectX 9.0c or better Windows compatible USB Gamepad
1280 x 720 screen resolution

Supported chip sets:
NVIDIA - GeForce 6600, 6800, 7300, 7600, 7800, 7900, GeForce FX (5950, 5900, 5800, 5600, 5200), GeForce4 Ti, GeForce3
ATI - Radeon x1600, x1800, x1900, x800, 9800, 9700, 9600, 9500, 9200, 9000, 8500
THE GEFORCE MX SERIES IS NOT SUPPORTED!

I wonder if you really need 1280X720 resolution. It is recommended setting.
Wouldn't my 1024X768 be enough?

Last edited:

I wonder if you really need 1280X720 resolution. It is recommended setting.
Wouldn't my 1064X768 be enough?

I'm on 1024 x 768. Hope it works fine. My guess is 1280 x 720 is best used for max HD experience.

GOOGLE TRANSLATA

PS2 feature:
> World route mode with 100 fastidious missions

> Community mode - provide your own off-line Community and play against your friends including detailed statistics

> master league mode can be further-played on the PSP

PC feature:
> is based on the NEXT genes diagram engine of the PS3 and Xbox 360

> new moves

> extended editing mode (edit players inclusive names and movements, team, stadium name, tournament name)

> store your gate highlights comfortably

> master league popularity feature (the play evaluates the popularity of your team, which affects again the transfer behavior)

XBOX 360 features:

> bring your face in the play (Xbox live vision camera supports)

> store your Replays and gate highlights comfortably

PS3 feature:
> the first PES for PS3 with NEXT gene diagram engine

> store your Replays comfortably

play online matches with a friend against the computer?? is this confirmed?

The game its not programmed for 2vs2 it somehow breaks down the same happens with pes6(X-360) i think that seabass&crew are more focused on intense 1vs1 or 2vsCpu for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom