WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

How about "Give FIFA 08 a chance!" and stop telling people what game they should be playing just because you dont like FIFA or EA? You dont see me telling people not to buy PES2008 just because it LOOKS like PES6... :)

really?
more people seem to like fifa in this thread.

does anyone know of any option to upload goals to be viewed in the new pro evo, i havent heard anything. i know in the new tiger woods, you can save shots then upload them for everyone to see.

i remember back in the day, i always wanted to upload my goals, because lots of other people were, but you had to buy a max drive i think it was.

this would be a great adition, to be able to view other peoples uploaded saved goals.

as i say, i doubt it, but was just wondering.

just look to ronaldinho in Fifa 08 he is like real and the game play wow i think i`ll be waitting for fifa more :)

who cares about what u will buy or not, dont post fifa crap in here, this is a PEs2008 topic only.

btw fifa nets suck, the ball hit the nets and the net doesnt move :lmao: fifa gameplay sucks

regarding the disputed release date, amazon have it down as 19th october which is more believable as its friday and most games are released on fridays.

I hope that the CPU makes more sensible subs in this game.

I have read somewhere that it indeed does and even changes it's formation during a match if it needs to...

That is good to know.

I have read somewhere that it indeed does and even changes it's formation during a match if it needs to...

Happened alot in PES5 aswell. ;)
A team being down by 2-0 in an important match with nothing to lose could even go to a 3-3-4 formation at the end (subbing a defender for a forward). :)

But it could definitely happen more often to make small corrections, rather than a simple "let's score a goal ffs" change in matches where they have nothing to lose.

I meant along the lines of me winning a game with 15 mins to go and the CPU decides to take off Henry and replace him with some inferior player.

How about "Give FIFA 08 a chance!"

Oh SON

You are either pulling all of our collective goat's or you think you have filled your big boys shoes a few years too early.

I know you like to stick up for Fifa and that but you've constantly down-played PES2008, criticising the gameplay and going on about how it seems like nothing more than a next gen port of PES6.

Well here's the newsflash. We here want to play a game that looks and feels like real football, PES is simply as good as it gets in that respect. Fifa just doesn't make the player feel involved. T'is difficult to explain but Fifa's emphasis has always been on it's presentation, simple as. Is PES perfect? No but jeet christ, it's a transitional period for the entire computer game industry, give it some time.

Every single one of your posts seemingly has a snide derogatory comment directed at PES. It's grown a tad tiresome.

To have you condemn PES2008 on the basis of some wobbly videos and grainy screenshots to now say "give fifa a chance" is off the scale of batshit insaneness. I have shat my pants, laid a log in my bed, left some rabbit pellets in the toilet and gave my father a cleveland steamer for good measure.

Just saying is all. Perhaps I've gotten the wrong end of the stick here but hopefully I've shed some light on as to how pages and pages can be filled as people try to fight out their respective corners with smiles on their faces (or in their posts)

why cant konami scrap the master league. it is rubbish.

why cant they put in a proper season mode, and have 3 divisions for each league. that would grab my attention. its a shame that fifa looks better and yet the gameplay is rubbish. i always hope and pray that konami can one day have all the licenses, but it will probably be quicker for fifa to sort there gameplay out.

maybe one day.

Why wait, just get 07 it's the same game ;)

How exactly is it the same game?

07 has 6 leagues, 08 has 30
07 has no tricks, 08 has tricks up the yingyang
08 has be a pro mode offline and be a pro mode 5v5 online (if you live in EU/USA)
07 has press a button player switching, 08 has analog stick player switching
07 had no manual replays, 08 has manual replays, replay saves
08 has updated graphics, physics, ball control, animations as can be seen by looking at the videos.

Contrary to popular opinion I look forward to trying PES 2008, if it had the very excellent sounding fantasia mode of current gen it would be a certain buy for me, sadly in terms of teams and modes it's a very limited game next to Fifa 08 but I still plan to try it at least before deciding if it's worthy of buying......

why cant konami scrap the master league. it is rubbish.

why cant they put in a proper season mode, and have 3 divisions for each league. that would grab my attention. its a shame that fifa looks better and yet the gameplay is rubbish. i always hope and pray that konami can one day have all the licenses, but it will probably be quicker for fifa to sort there gameplay out.

maybe one day.

Apparently because Japanese gamers don't care about the ML they want silly heads and costumes to put on their footballers so that's what Konami give them because they apparently don't give a toss what anyone outside Japan wants from the game, despite worldwide sales being higher than Japanese sales (presumably?)

As for Fifa's gameplay being rubbish, we'll have to agree to disagree there, I personally find it rather good so look forward to managing Sheffield Wednesday to league and cup glory and promotions in Fifa 08 (if only in real life!) :)

I meant along the lines of me winning a game with 15 mins to go and the CPU decides to take off Henry and replace him with some inferior player.

LMAO, and then the CPU goes 2-3-5 all out attack

Sometimes ,if the central defender has a red card ,they make the changes according to the situation and fill the whole let by him.It's a great thing that could be pushed forward

well thats just great thanks for stopping by

Earth shatteringly deep discussion by you there, almost as wonderful as "PES is god's gift to games end of story".......

PES looks and feels like real football? Not a chance, Fifa looks, feels and sounds like real football. PES looks and feels like an arcade version of football, not that there's anything wrong with that for a quick blast but there's little depth to the game, certainly not in terms of career mode/ML.

i have already watched the vid with arg-ita (2nd half) a few days ago ... i dont need this shit pes6.1 on ps2 (called pes2008), ps2-version of pes2008 is the worst of all

what sort of comment is that!!! ps2 version of pes2008 is worst of all..
graphically it maybe doesnt look as good as the next gen version, but mechanically it looks better (big call you reckon) just like jlwe2007cc to me..
the running looks better than in the next gen pes2008... as do the goals...
so to say it is worst of all is silly call. Mind u, we havnt played it yet, but if it plays anything like jlwe2007cc itll be damn good, and probably better than the ps3 or xbox version, which may well be rush jobs. Mind you, the final versions may well be supreme.. we dont know yet. Regardless.. the ps2 version will be a great game (if ure into we/pes).

and if u dont need it.. dont buy it.

I've said this a few times, I'll say it again. I'd like to get every whiny "PES is arcade, doesn't feel like Football, FIFA08 will rock" guy in here into a room with a copy os PES6 and play against them all. I bet many of you suck at it. And you can't even perceive it. That's why you don't like PES. Thats why you can't understand why most of us here say that PES feels right, feels like football. You don't understand that which you do not master.

yes i said you dont need to watch these pes2008 ps2-vids ... ps2-version is worst of all, you watch video (not only watch, played it and plays exactly as pes6) and think its pes6

.. and who cares if its like pes6. Pes6 on ps2 was actually a great game, minus some of the so called cheating some of you constantly bring up. Further, it was enhanced with the next 2 versions, we10jl and then jlwe2007cc.. and there's little doubt that this new pes2008 will be a similar game with the addition of national teams, not to mention a few minor fixes. A pes6.1 is better than a totally revamped and possibly fked up all-new pes etc.. People say the pes/we engine is all too old and washed up etc, yet its still the best engine to date.. .. no.. no.. its the best engine to date..

I do agree that there are a few mistakes konami make in regards to new versions, eg leaving things out, or making things worse..but they can easily go back n fix em, cause they havnt changed things too much or gone too far..
.. but Im still in favour of konami doing the slight fixes every year, and building upon a great game.. stick with the winning formula if u ask me as long as they make a better version each year, im happy...

we7int was my fav.. and infact i wasnt a fan of we8 (and the pes versions surrounding that one), but looking back now, no version is better than jlwe2007cc,and pes2008 should be an improved version of this.. so why people are all so negative astounds me..

The PS2 version hasnt moved on at all in graphical style, I was shocked.

Even more shocking was the fact it won "Best PS2 game" at the show

Its called: sticking to the winning forumla.. not shocking at all..
and why would it move on at a graphical style considering its the ps2 version..

Next gen wise.. ofcourse it should move on graphically... adding 360 movement to the winning foruma engine is also needed.. but these arent needed (and infact would just ruin things - as they probably couldnt be properly implemented without causing problems) for the ps2 version..

I'll say it again. I'd like to get every whiny "PES is arcade, doesn't feel like Football, FIFA08 will rock" guy in here into a room with a copy os PES6 and play against them all. I bet many of you suck at it.

That's ludicrous, beating someone at a game means you're better at that game than them, end of.

I think Armed Assault is a better game than Battlefield2 because ArmA is more realistic, if someone beats me at Battlefield2 does that make it more realistic than ArmA? Of course not, the only way your logic works is in the old "my Dad's bigger than your Dad" playground argument and one is actually taller/wider than the other......

Hey embraceuk, by the way, thanks for the games ^^

just had a couple of games of pes6, ahhhhhhhh that feeling of keeping possesion, that feeling of putting opponent under pressure and pinning them into their own half, i too have been seduced by fifa graphics, but pro evo is still a brilliant brilliant game! i hope im not dissapointed by fifa coz it looks good so far, but the gameplay in pro evo is inspiring!

Now that you mention it...

You are correct. :) I suppose that is one of those PES things that are so common that you just don't even notice it anymore, I have had that happenb so many time I no longer give it much thought. The disadvantage of playing PES too much, even the most illogical flaws become unnoticable because they happen so much you just get used to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom