WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Just to provide balance and to avoid the uber PES fanboys screaming at us in their yet to break voices ;) hohoho just a joke honest ;)

EA have also been quite devious, they announce be a pro 5v5 as an extra post release free downloadable component, knowing full well it won't be available to Australia (and apparently Asia etc) but they don't mention that at all in the press release, then a few days later IGN.au are quietly told that Australia won't have it and it will only be available to USA/EU, the excuse for Australia is their shitty internet (admittedly their internet is shitty), but here in Singapore we have excellent internet so there should be no excuse :(

It's called PR people! Guess what: the makers of Rush Hour III have also told us its an excellent film!

My opinion: PES 2008 will be a 8/10 game, with many people disappointed it wasn't the 10/10 it could have been, and unable to really see what innovation Konami has been able to come up with after the (now famous) 18 development time.

As to versions, betas, etc, I said way before now that some journalists already had more advanced versions than the demo at GC.

It's really poor PR from Konami, and reading between the lines, had Seabass been really confident and proud of what they were showing, do you think he would have been there himself?

anyway, time to go outside.

I cannot beleive that the PS3/360 versions won't even support 2v2 online. I play PES6 online on my PS3 all the time. I often play with my brother (matron) in the same team and he's in England and I'm here in Sweden. It works very well to be honest, no worse than the normal 1v1.

Why would they worsen the online features? Sounds very strange.

It's not strange for Konami though, is it? There's a similar thing with being able to select the CPU team, what I like to do in multiplayer is choose a team each and then control your team while your mates control the opposition. So if I choose Liverpool and a mate chooses Man City, and Liverpool play West Ham, I will control Liverpool and he will control West Ham, then when it's his game vice versa...

Well, it was something like - in PES2 you could do it, in PES3 you could, in PES4 you couldn't, in PES5 you could, in PES6 you could (on PS2) AND couldn't (on 360), so WHO KNOWS if it'll be available to do this year. But seriously, multiplayer-wise, it will be a massive blow to me if you can't do it because that's the only way we like to play (don't want non-stop friendlies, don't want a two-team league, don't want to play the CPU obviously).

Welcome back big man

How was the flight back up North then?

why do you call him big man?

did you guys get up to something when i was asleep in our hotel room?

why do you call him big man?

did you guys get up to something when i was asleep in our hotel room?

I couldnt possibly comment...

Maybe not PES-like, but I like it. The AI seems to be strong.
The AI plays not defensive anymore and still gives almost nothing away.

It's not strange for Konami though, is it? There's a similar thing with being able to select the CPU team, what I like to do in multiplayer is choose a team each and then control your team while your mates control the opposition. So if I choose Liverpool and a mate chooses Man City, and Liverpool play West Ham, I will control Liverpool and he will control West Ham, then when it's his game vice versa...

Well, it was something like - in PES2 you could do it, in PES3 you could, in PES4 you couldn't, in PES5 you could, in PES6 you could (on PS2) AND couldn't (on 360), so WHO KNOWS if it'll be available to do this year. But seriously, multiplayer-wise, it will be a massive blow to me if you can't do it because that's the only way we like to play (don't want non-stop friendlies, don't want a two-team league, don't want to play the CPU obviously).

Typical Konami\\:o/

What about Home & Away games during Konami Cup Group League, to recreate a CL? So simple to implement, but always grayed out.

you need a password

i have already watched the vid with arg-ita (2nd half) a few days ago ... i dont need this shit pes6.1 on ps2 (called pes2008), ps2-version of pes2008 is the worst of all

give me a direct link please

forget it then

evel7.nu has a big movie from PES 2008 PS2 with England vs Germany? and many other movies.

I did not say it was a PS3 movie!

yes i said you dont need to watch these pes2008 ps2-vids ... ps2-version is worst of all, you watch video (not only watch, played it and plays exactly as pes6) and think its pes6

The PS2 version hasnt moved on at all in graphical style, I was shocked.

Even more shocking was the fact it won "Best PS2 game" at the show

I hope this game is the last on the PS2.

I hope not, because PES6 was better than the 360 version,
and according to everyone the new videos look the same.

Maybe if they stop developing for the last gen we will get a better next gen game

surely konami cant get away with essentially releasing pes6.1 on the ps2 and charging full price, i dont know about the next gen games but if pes2008 is essentially pes6.1 i hope they get slaughtered for it both in reviews and sales

Having watched the video of the guy playing the CPU again, it's raised my hopes for a good single player game.
The CPU no longer just goes down the wing and tries to score headers.

Having watched the video of the guy playing the CPU again, it's raised my hopes for a good single player game.
The CPU no longer just goes down the wing and tries to score headers.

It would be a good thing. I hope at least we'll have 360 degrees control....
:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom