WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

i hope fifa 08 is released real soon,so the fifafanboys wont have the time to waiste on antipesremarks,they are going to be to busy playing there superb fifagame.

I can't get over the ridiculousness of the running animations. They're worse than PES6's, which weren't exactly physical poetry either.

This comment i totally agree with..
From all of the PES2008 footage ive seen this is what i think. The running animation is much worse than we10jl and jlwe2007cc (which without doubt to me is currently the best video soccer game on any console to date - period!!) - which is very surprising considering its supposed to be next gen.

Both ps2 games, we10jl and jlwe2007cc, still have their flaws, but the running animations on these versions are great, ie. going from jogging to sprinting - konami just has to work on the walking..which fifa2008 does great.. the off the ball movement is great ;) Anyways the gameplay footage of jlwe2007 looks quite a bit more realistic and free flowing and just better in general than what ive seen of pes2008 and fifa08... oh..and yes, i do think that the fifa08 gameplay vid of germany and england looked awesome.. probably most realistic player movement ive seen, but.... the ball physics are wrong.. too much ball on a string for me.. or 'player movement with a ball strung to them' movement...

Just on a side note, those who love pes6 or we10jl on ps2 and havent got jlwe2007, get it.. plays quite a bit different... we10jl played more premier league style.. much faster.. while for me, i liked the slowed down pace of jlwe2007.. and seems to be much more build up play, and great scrambles etc. and biggest positive, is in multiplayer, its easier to defend, and harder to do the cut back passing of we10jl.. the score in jlwe2007 seems to be more realistic as its harder to score goals (due to easier defence).. great work konami.. oh and fernando for the greatest patch work for the last 10 years ;)

So back to the topic: pes2008 running animations are bad compared to the ps2 versions. So are the nets. Nets look horrible.. ie. they arent the box style that you see in every major league around the world.. which they did so damn well in the ps2 versions. Pes2008 needs same nets as ps2 versions.. none of this weights, but a proper weights which you see in the premier league etc.. u know the white strip covering the bottom of the net making sure its secured to the ground..(poor explanation)

The net animations are good though in pes2008... but there is still the ironing out of the ball physics against net to sort out.. ball bounces way too far off the loose nets.. I played football kingdom the other day, and yes, the nets are amazing :) and that includes how the ball bounces off them ;)

All in all, this is what i think.. from what ive seen, pes2008 is made by a slightly different team than the ps2 team, and more of a rush job.. you can tell as there are similarities to pes6 on xbox... i do think there game will be much improved compared to the 75% version..
but..

i think the true next gen version will be the japanese version.. anywone know what this one will be called???

i hope fifa 08 is released real soon,so the fifafanboys wont have the time to waiste on antipesremarks,they are going to be to busy playing there superb fifagame.

well fifa 08 PC demo and xbox 360 demo today ?

I cant believe that konami had a way better version at the press center than in the public area. where is the sense? this is marketing suicide. .

yeah i know, but remember this is the company that spends precious dev time and resources adding shark heads, dog heads and beach balls..............
I think must be on 'shrooms when they have the development meetings, christ knows what they are on in the marketing meetings:D!

can anyone tell me whats the real reason y example fifa 08 demo is out today on 360 and pc and not on PSN Y?

can anyone tell me whats the real reason y example fifa 08 demo is out today on 360 and pc and not on PSN Y?

Almost every (demo of a) game comes out later... Microsoft pays publishers to delay ps3 games ..?
Honoustly i dont have a clue

Development on the PS3 is still a learning curve for some devs.

this ronaldo move is perfect. it looks better then when drogba does it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1HaLD04lHk
It's the only thing I don't like in PES: the skill moves.
Just like this one, it doesn't look right, and in real time it's going much faster and more athletic. That's why I never use tricks in PES.

I really like that almost everyone has his own unique face. I can't wait to play with Ajax.:)

It's the only thing I don't like in PES: the skill moves.
Just like this one, it doesn't look right, and in real time it's going much faster and more athletic. That's why I never use tricks in PES.

I really like that almost everyone has his own unique face. I can't wait to play with Ajax.:)

The only problem i see in this particular skill movement, is the way the player's arms react.. they need to work on the arms!!!

Back on the topic of a rushed pes2008 (from what weve seen of the footage)I am certain that the japanese version of this game will be real deal. Despite what the 'anti-cheating crew' think, u really cant argue that konami have the greatest football engine in their hands, ie. the latest ps2 versions (eg. jlwe2007cc), which has ever so slightly been improved on year after year (despite taking away some good features)... its the most realistic football game to date, and with this, next gen will be great for konami, and i just cant wait for the real deal to come out...

I cant believe that konami had a way better version at the press center than in the public area. where is the sense? this is marketing suicide.

If they showed a more complete, but potentially buggy version of the game, people would be complaining more about every little detail.

When developers create demos they usually begin around a month to two months before the demo is done, often branching out from the main line of development. There will be some things written for the demo, just to get them in, which the main development team will write potentially around the week of the demo. It would be suicide to put untested code in the game so they stick to code that simply works. It may not be final, but it works. For instance, no collision on refs, sometimes they use old code from previous versions (shock horror!).

You'll find this with alot of pre-release demos, showing the latest code can be fatal, a late change may cause it not to even boot up, or crash with a new not properly compiled animation, you dont want this as your setting up a stall at a conference, so early, known working stuff goes in.

There will be different builds of the game, and the press dont always get to take the copies home, but they do get to play them behind closed doors.

This is the way the industry works, so please, get over your beliefs that a conference floor demo two months before release is the best version of the code.

Last edited:

If they showed a more complete, but potentially buggy version of the game, people would be complaining more about every little detail.

When developers create demos they usually begin around a month to two months before the demo is done, often branching out from the main line of development. There will be some things written for the demo, just to get them in, which the main development team will write potentially around the week of the demo. It would be suicide to put untested code in the game so they stick to code that simply works. It may not be final, but it works. For instance, no collision on refs.

You'll find this with alot of pre-release demos, showinmg the latest code can be fatal, a late change may cause it not to even boot up, or crash with a new not properly compiled animation.

There will be different builds of the game, and the press dont always get to take the copies home, but they do get to play them behind closed doors.

This is the way the industry works, so please, get over your beliefs that a conference floor demo two months before release is the best version of the code.
I didn't realise this about demos until recently, A) the FIFA 07 demo was miles behind the final version (which I found shocking), and B) the BioShock demo has items and characters at different locations to the final game. So The Black Sheep speaks the truth.

So you only want to see sycophants posting about how wonderful and perfect and amazing PES 2008 looks and sounds and plays and smells? I'm sorry but that's:

:lol: look @the Fifa thread. There are only fifafanboys who put every user on ignore list who is sceptical about fifa.

When developers create demos they usually begin around a month to two months before the demo is done, often branching out from the main line of development. There will be some things written for the demo, just to get them in, which the main development team will write potentially around the week of the demo. It would be suicide to put untested code in the game so they stick to code that simply works. It may not be final, but it works. For instance, no collision on refs, sometimes they use old code from previous versions (shock horror!).

You'll find this with alot of pre-release demos, showing the latest code can be fatal, a late change may cause it not to even boot up, or crash with a new not properly compiled animation, you dont want this as your setting up a stall at a conference, so early, known working stuff goes in.

Yes, I'm with you.
Let's say if in demo version you have pass&shot on "rails" probably (much) you have it in final ver too.
Main structure must be the same, otherwise they'd have 2 different games.
Dont you agree?

adam can u atleast tell us if the overall running and movement animations have changed? thats the main reason for everyones discomfort after seeing the vids.

adam can u atleast tell us if the overall running and movement animations have changed? thats the main reason for everyones discomfort after seeing the vids.

i can say from what i saw of the demo, the basic animations are the same.

they have added a few more, but it seems similar to pes6 (360)

they added a new sprint animation (which doesn't look good), but have added lots of neat little touches using the outside of the boot and the instep.

when you play a 1-2 pass, the player who give the ball first will dash really fast to get the return pass, which looks nicer as they really pelt it forward to receive it.

it won't ruin the gameplay experience though.

:lol: look @the Fifa thread. There are only fifafanboys who put every user on ignore list who is sceptical about fifa.
I'm not a fanboy and I've never ignore-listed anyone, despite getting personal abuse, so I would think about what you're saying.

i don't think i mentioned how amazing the player faces were.

simply amazing!

fifa has amazing animations and graphics, but the player faces were not as good as PES.

The only way to avoid flamewars is if there are the "kids" who can't handle a little criticism, discussion, comparison about their beloved game (whether that be Fifa or PES) then they be banned from the forum, perhaps temporarily, perhaps permanently, maybe with some time away they'll realise that if someone says "PES 2008 looks like a PS2 game" that doesn't actually mean the person is saying "I hate you, I'm going to rape your cat, steal your granny and kill your car".

Placebo...

you mention "kids"...
I'm sorry to say but when i look at your signature it makes me think of a twelve year old...
I know your quite a while on this forum, and i think you are not exactly a kid, but that signatur of yours is quite juvenile.

A 45 year old fanboy...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gerd, it was made in response to people who have that as their signature already (but reversed), it's supposed to be ironic. There's a guy on these forums who's every post contains the word "FIFAGGOT", if you want to clear out the immaturity on these forums I'd start with him...

Hi guys

Did anybody confirmed 360 movement/passing in PES?

In advance thanks...

I really wonder why there is still an NDA on this game. Finally people get a chance to play with the game and than it turns out to be an older, worser version than the press got.
What do they hide? Are they trying to reduce a negative reaction from the people by pointing out people did only see an early build? The press is not allowed to say what they did see, so nobody can be too harsh?
Dirty game you play, Konami....

Oh my GOD! Mr. Positive has had a breakdown, call emergency services! HOLD ON HAN!! :D

Seriously though, as I said earlier, they've been very "dirty" this year. Releasing screenshots of still, background images, that obviously appear to be moving screens that offer at least some level of interaction... But no. They've been very underhand this year, it's not like them at all...

I'm not a fanboy and I've never ignore-listed anyone, despite getting personal abuse, so I would think about what you're saying.

Ditto :)

Placebo...

you mention "kids"...
I'm sorry to say but when i look at your signature it makes me think of a twelve year old...
I know your quite a while on this forum, and i think you are not exactly a kid, but that signatur of yours is quite juvenile.

A 45 year old fanboy...:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Gerd, from one old fart to another (well there's only 11 years between us ;)) it's just satire as Jack said (and as I explained a page or two back), I'd think you know me well enough from my time here to know I am really a nice person, honest ;)

Oh my GOD! Mr. Positive has had a breakdown, call emergency services! HOLD ON HAN!! :D
LOL :D
No, I am a little less positive since I heared that they even had no 2 vs 2 in the 2008 version ( see a post of me about that from a few pages back ).
Since then I am a bit more reserved ;)

Seriously though, as I said earlier, they've been very "dirty" this year. Releasing screenshots of still, background images, that obviously appear to be moving screens that offer at least some level of interaction... But no. They've been very underhand this year, it's not like them at all...

Just to provide balance and to avoid the uber PES fanboys screaming at us in their yet to break voices ;) hohoho just a joke honest ;)

EA have also been quite devious, they announce be a pro 5v5 as an extra post release free downloadable component, knowing full well it won't be available to Australia (and apparently Asia etc) but they don't mention that at all in the press release, then a few days later IGN.au are quietly told that Australia won't have it and it will only be available to USA/EU, the excuse for Australia is their shitty internet (admittedly their internet is shitty), but here in Singapore we have excellent internet so there should be no excuse :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom