WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

http://www.youtube.com/browse?&sess...BrmgR8GO7GGAXJaojn-8CIaJ8XZ1CgwbeQbURyjhtC8cb
kain_acmilan : ..

Now that I see this video...you cant put current gen gameplay with a little bit better graphics and claim it next gen,next gen is about gameplay,inovation,new tecnologies...it looks a lot like PES6.The crossing animation is HORRIBLE,when do players fall on their back when crossing the ball???Crespo heads the ball forward without moving his head,but the ball goes 90 degree right of him...These things were always in PES,but I hoped that the "new" engine(is it really new?really???) will offer a lot more.I love PES and thats why I am so dissapointed,imagine that you want to move forward(marrige for example),but your girlfriend refuses all the time,thats how I feel with PES at the moment,you got the point.
"Adam whants to go home"
"I need Konami to make a different game"
These 2 lines killed me.I hope this doesnt hurt your relationship with Konami.but you are free to speak your mind.Suff,can you add subtitles or something?Or just explain what Adam was saying at the middle of the video as the crowd is too loud and I cant hear a thing and I am interested.

:applause::applause::applause: that all is true !!!

Last edited:

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :)

Hows it been hanging here? shit loads of pages I've had to skip, did we do well or everyone still a bit confused?

Oh and new 360 vid on the blog ;) thanks to Suff as always :applause:
Absolutely Brilliant coverage. You promised and you lived up to it. Just a quick one if you know the answer.
When will it be releaed, we've been hearing dates from 21 September to 26 october. If you could just clarify it for us, thanks again for the great videos.

Adonis what do you say about the gamespeed? See @ my signature. ;)

Cristiano Ronaldo heel flick video on WinningElevenBlog

Last edited:

i guess a video of the german giga games TV show which shows pes2008.

Well the version I played was in wide cam so a little slower, but I'd describe the game as more considered. Its not as fast as it was in normal view, but still premiership pace.

I personally hope the Japanese release is a tad slower.

As for release date, I can only confirm that its some time in October. So defo no 21st Sept.

New vid on blog, the heel flick :)

The heel flick looks :8):

i saw the giga-show ... nothing new really, the guy only confirmed again there will be a demo BEFORE release of full version and he was a little bit sceptical about 2on2 online (like swedish article "only 1on1" and so on), they are testing online-modus right now and will see what they can do

Saha's running motion in that giga video is not nice at all.

When will someone make a substitution?

Last edited:

someone pls tell me i can get the ps3 version and play it on a u.s ps3

i saw the giga-show ... nothing new really, the guy only confirmed again there will be a demo BEFORE release of full version and he was a little bit sceptical about 2on2 online (like swedish article "only 1on1" and so on), they are testing online-modus right now and will see what they can do

Its also mentioned that they think about downloadable content.

DLC would be nice, online leagues Konami, online leagues! [-o<

Last edited:

Did you get anymore tricks? ALso how did you pull that heel flick off? Was it automatic? Any nutmegs?

Did you get anymore tricks? ALso how did you pull that heel flick off? Was it automatic? Any nutmegs?

Heel flick is while you dribble normally, hit R1 and a diagonal direction simultaneously.

The nutmeg I never tried, but I hear its accessible while holding R2. I guess its automatic though.

I noticed in a few vids players sprinting like hell into space, especially when having just passed the ball (looks similar to how L1 makes a player run in FIFA) but must be the AI doing this.

Did this affect the game for you Adam?

I noticed in a few vids players sprinting like hell into space, especially when having just passed the ball (looks similar to how L1 makes a player run in FIFA) but must be the AI doing this.

Did this affect the game for you Adam?

Oh yes a huge improvement. Something I love infact as it opens up options for people to use wing play more often.

This also happens while doing one-twos, players set off at an immense pace once they hit the first pass.

The game is certainly very rewarding once you play it for while.

Calm down, remember the difference between ISS Pro Evolution 2 (PS1 - 2000) and PES1 (PS2 - 2001), not much was there.

Compare PES3 to the PS1 games though, BIG difference.

Oh yes a huge improvement. Something I love infact as it opens up options for people to use wing play more often.

This also happens while doing one-twos, players set off at an immense pace once they hit the first pass.

The game is certainly very rewarding once you play it for while.

Yeah, it reminded me of when the L1 (make team mates run into space) was introduced to FIFA 2002, they even had a yellow trail behind the player back then.

I've noticed they won't make the run if there's a player available up front for you to knock it onto. I guess this is part of the "Teamvision" Konami have been harping on about.

watch the graphics, animations and the GAMEPLAY! I wish Konami gave us a real next gen experience but they are fuckin with us

Anyone hoping this is different from Fifa 07/CL should stop hoping.

Dont be fooled by Fifa's great looks, it plays very similar to 07. Animations are better but there is the same lag there to contend with.

You wish nearly the same gameplay as fifa 2007 gameplay? No thanks!

well I have been to the GC and I played both and I dont agree with with adonis opinion. 08 plays way better than 07 and PES08

Says the person who on this very page made his mind up over PES 2008 based on a video.

Whatever TankOr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom