WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Nice to have you back Adam. :)

Yeah, I think Jack's right albeit slightly dramatic perhaps. ;)

But I am definately not enthusiastic based on the videos. Running animations look odd (someone referenced old Kick-Off games, which sort of suited it for me).
Gameplay still looks stilted, passes refuse to bounce even the slightest even over longer distances, goalkeepers look better although The official KONAMI video from GC still had the stupid overhead save when ROnaldo struck the freekick at the end.

Passing and running looks extremely robotic, the pace is 100% all the time, there are no tempochanges in the matches (compared to the FIFA videos where you see players very fluidly running, walking and jogging, and transitioning seamlessly between the different tempos). All moves the PESplayers do are like they have an opponent 2 meters away from them and need to be explosive in every move. You don't see players walking casually when not near the ball, whenever they move it is always in an "aggressive" way with very jolty and sudden moves. FIFA08 just looks incredible with how players move and act on the pitch. If they aren't in any hurry go get anywhere on the pitch, they don't run around, they walk or jog (sort of like 50% of the PES normal running speed without R1).

So not impressed, I was expecting a much bigger leap, it is clear the foundation is still the PS2 version with layers of paint over it.

Adam, did you guys use the analog stick and try to strike :circle: longpasses (With the longpass mode set to "the manual method" rather than "normally", and was there any sign of more control of directionality)?

Good to have you back.

Cheers guys!
PES 2008 is a game that im both impressed with and dissapointed by. Lets just say my last day at the show was very revealing in Konami's press centre. Im much happier now with the game than I was with the awful one on the show floor.

Explain!
I played it at the GC on Friday and I am really pissed of it (PES6.1)

vlcsnap2669020yf0.jpg

vlcsnap2669194ws9.jpg

vlcsnap2669306tt3.jpg

nearly time for this live stream to start, ive tried it and its working great, boy am i glad i got 8mb internet last week!

cheers for whoever posted the link, although i've a feelin its that argumentative little git power!!!!

only jokin lad, thanx for the link!

welcome back adam!
did a good job over there. looking forward to reading more when youve settled back!

they wont show it the whole time, giga games has pc-games, consoles and so

every sector gets about 5-10mins and then they change, have to wait to see it again ... maybe 3 blocks 4 consoles (and so pes2008)

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :)

Hows it been hanging here? shit loads of pages I've had to skip, did we do well or everyone still a bit confused?

Oh and new 360 vid on the blog ;) thanks to Suff as always :applause:

Great work this week. PES is looking great.

Yeah, Adonis (and Suff), all your hard work is greatly appreciated. Without your work we'd still be in the dark about a lot of things, and we'd have a lot less (honest) opinion to work with.

Nice to have you back Adam. :)

Yeah, I think Jack's right albeit slightly dramatic perhaps. ;)

But I am definately not enthusiastic based on the videos. Running animations look odd (someone referenced old Kick-Off games, which sort of suited it for me).
Gameplay still looks stilted, passes refuse to bounce even the slightest even over longer distances, goalkeepers look better although The official KONAMI video from GC still had the stupid overhead save when ROnaldo struck the freekick at the end.

Passing and running looks extremely robotic, the pace is 100% all the time, there are no tempochanges in the matches (compared to the FIFA videos where you see players very fluidly running, walking and jogging, and transitioning seamlessly between the different tempos). All moves the PESplayers do are like they have an opponent 2 meters away from them and need to be explosive in every move. You don't see players walking casually when not near the ball, whenever they move it is always in an "aggressive" way with very jolty and sudden moves. FIFA08 just looks incredible with how players move and act on the pitch. If they aren't in any hurry go get anywhere on the pitch, they don't run around, they walk or jog (sort of like 50% of the PES normal running speed without R1).

So not impressed, I was expecting a much bigger leap, it is clear the foundation is still the PS2 version with layers of paint over it.

Adam, did you guys use the analog stick and try to strike :circle: longpasses (With the longpass mode set to "the manual method" rather than "normally", and was there any sign of more control of directionality)?

Good to have you back.

Yeh I can understand your dissapointment mate.

Dont be fooled by Fifa's great looks, it plays very similar to 07. Animations are better but there is the same lag there to contend with.

To TankOr, quite simply press had a more complete version to play. Much better than the shambles that was on the show floor.

thanks adonis, haven't spoken to you before but appreciate the blog

Welcome back mate, hope you enjoyed the trip and appreciate all the hard work :)

quite simply press had a more complete version to play. Much better than the shambles that was on the show floor.
Any chance of elaboration?

Why would konami do that to themselves they had the fans up in arms, the should work on their freaking marketing strategy. I reckon they need that from EA more than the bloody licences.

The lack of real stadiums is ridiculous

Nice to see you back Adam good job at Leipzig. :applause:

Made yourself vocal enough on beginning of videos. :lol:

Edit: Take it i have missed PES 2008 action then on stream.

Last edited:

questions regarding the adboards, will these be going into pes2008 or will it be those stupid konami ones

the konami-developer on stream said there will be a demo before release and they are working on something (something special, something new) to do with online, but they dont know if they can get it to work

Cheers guys!

Funny post by Jack as always ;)

Well yeh Fifa 08 looks solid this year. The animations are AMAZING, but you'd expect that really with the incredible motion cap equipment they have now. Still a problem with response time though.

Is the ball still floaty like FIFA 07 on 360? If so I certainly won't be bothering with it.

Welcome back mate, hope you enjoyed the trip and appreciate all the hard work :)

Any chance of elaboration?

Ta!

Well I cant go too much into it tbh, not allowed. All Im saying is that I was very impressed, certainly changed me view.

Does anyone know anymore about the edit mode, and whats available in that, thankyou.

yo wats up with the ps3 version , why is it in disaray adam or suff and whats that about it being a erlier build. are they having problems with it or just not satisfied with the gameplay and trying to continually improve it to the last few days available.

yo guys u gotta spill the info we need to know.

also when you guys gettin the copy to review it is it gonna be soon.

A round of :applause: for the WENB team, your work is much appreciated.

Ta!

Well I cant go too much into it tbh, not allowed. All Im saying is that I was very impressed, certainly changed me view.

So the gameplay was also different?

Man just reg as a new member and give us your information :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom