WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Today 22pm (UK time 21 PM) Giga Games a german games TV channel will present and play pes 2008 for ps3.

Here is a livestream

mms://giga.streamed.by.ngz-server.de.esl-tv.net/GIGA

Tbh i don't want to see anymore Cam footage. I would prefer any True HD footage, if any.

Good good, is it me or does the brasil player attempt a dive near the begining of the vid, only for advantage to be played? If so it adds a little more the the risk element when diving.

I just watched the championship with Jon Champion comentating on my beloved Saints 3-2 win, it made me feel all warm inside. At last a credible commentator (no offence to brackley fans!).

If the scripting is well implemented this will add to the gameplay experience alot.

true. this could well go a little way to easing the pain of the gradual improvements of PES2008 over PES6. sound has so much to play towards the experience, just hope that the crowd chants etc are up to scratch as well.

i want to know what's the difference between 360 & ps3? every bit of footage iv'e seen looks the same

Since the mobile PES2008 review never made it from the blog, I have a v.imp question (I'm getting it tomorrow, hopefully):

Will the Nokia e65 be able to run PES2008 mobile?

Nokia e65
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/item/Nokia_E65.php

Anyone?

FIFA 07 mobile already plays and looks great. But with PES mobile coming out for the first time, I'd like to know if it will play on the Nokia e65. Thanks.

i want to know what's the difference between 360 & ps3? every bit of footage iv'e seen looks the same
In the GC it's almost the same, but the PS3 built version are better (source PC Action/Adonis)

i don't think one will top the other, like what happened with Madden.

The giga livestream works for me, just tried it. Can't wait to see some footage. Is there a way to record/capture live streams btw? with software I mean.
For me it doesn't . Did you copy that URL in your browser?
That's how I did it and I got a network error and it pointed to proxy-settings, which are set at 'none' for me.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, i did copy and paste the link in my browser (Firefox) and then Windows media player (10) popped up and after buffering it showed up. :)

I use WM 10 because i had to many problems with live streams when i was using WM 11 :S

edit: BS Player also works, use the open URL option

Last edited:

From what I saw on the GC floor the 360 version looked sharper but I heard that there was a better looking version on PS3 doing the rounds behind the scenes. So by putting together what I have seen and heard there aint no difference between the pair of em

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :)

Hows it been hanging here? shit loads of pages I've had to skip, did we do well or everyone still a bit confused?

Oh and new 360 vid on the blog ;) thanks to Suff as always :applause:

It's been a fucking madhouse.

40% say PES2008 looks incredible and the new animations commentary and diving feature are great, 20% are disappointed but cling onto the hope that it's only a 75% complete beta, and 40% say it looks exactly the same, that Seabass is a lying turd to say that it's took them 18 months, and that FIFA 08 looks better this year - which is causing daily flame wars and teenage boys to say over and over "my game is for men, your game is for boys".

I'd advise you to go back to Germany Adonis...

what's up adam, i personally think the game is going in the right direction and so do others but still a lot of mixed reports from a lot of memebers. Have to thank WENB for providing us with shitloads of info, THANK YOU! When is the next podcast adam?

It's been a fucking madhouse.

40% say PES2008 looks incredible and the new animations commentary and diving feature are great, 20% are disappointed but cling onto the hope that it's only a 75% complete beta, and 40% say it looks exactly the same, that Seabass is a lying turd to say that it's took them 18 months, and that FIFA 08 looks better this year - which is causing daily flame wars and teenage boys to say over and over "my game is for men, your game is for boys".

I'd advise you to go back to Germany Adonis...
hahahaha :) this is hilarious but also very very true!

Im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :)

Hows it been hanging here? shit loads of pages I've had to skip, did we do well or everyone still a bit confused?

Oh and new 360 vid on the blog ;) thanks to Suff as always :applause:

Welcome back big man

How was the flight back up North then?

Cheers guys!

Funny post by Jack as always ;)

Well yeh Fifa looks solid this year. The animations are AMAZING, but you'd expect that really with the incredible motion cap equipment they have now. Still a problem with response time though.

PES 2008 is a game that im both impressed with and dissapointed by. Lets just say my last day at the show was very revealing in Konami's press centre. Im much happier now with the game than I was with the awful one on the show floor.

Welcome back big man

How was the flight back up North then?

Better than the one to London!

Just hooked up the camera to the PC and processing files. Loads more footage coming everyones way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom