WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

PES2008 is clearly an improved product over PES6 360 (which had no edits, a freaky gameplay feel, crappy online mode full of cheaters, and cut back goals) we know for a start that PES2008 has a fully featured edit mode, and plays like a "fixed" pes6. And that is what we do know at this time.

We all suspect that the chances are that PES2008 will offer marginal improvements on PES6 360 in gameplay etc, but better nonetheless. Just get over the fact that Seabass has a "if it aint broke dont fix it "policy.
Maybe we have to wait until WE11 or PES2009 next Oct before we really see the major changes.

Having said all that, there is a tiny niggling feeling that the final retail version will surprise us. Why on earth would PES2008 win the PS3 game of the Leipzig convention. The demo shows nothing to suggest it is that special. Plus what the mags told Suffwan, that their beta versions were better to play than the demo...

:applause::applause::applause:

whats the point to cuss Konami and never buy their game again? Seems like we dont exactly have much choice for a footy game with great gameplay. Seems daft to deprive your choices by 50% from the off?

Fifa08 may be that alternative, we dont know fully yet. As in fact we do not fully know what PES2008 final retail is like

We do however know for a fact that PES2008 is not going to be worse than PEs6 360, and that it fixes the bad points. Shit if Fifa 08 doesnt deliver on the gameplay front then , PES2008 is good enough for me to play for a year and enjoy.

Yes we all want as per real life feel and gameplay, and totally real world physics and human AI, and photo realistic graphics and shit loads of modes and extended ML etc etc. But if friggin EA (unlimited cash) cant get it right, then what chance has any other dev team got? Yes EA have got great licences, graphics, animations, leagues, cups etc, but still the early previews are saying they still lack the "killer gameplay". Lets be friggin grateful that PES will still play the best game of video game footy out there. And yes despite the fact the nets/grass/kits/shadows/league mode - (delete as appropiate) are still not "next gen"

Last edited:

samba u r a great forumer and hopefully yes we have game online but lol i might not be to good only 13 probably the youngest here.

haha! homer. no worries, i am not exactly premiership material myself, but just love a good video footy game. Will deffo see you online. Are you on ps3? I am due to get a 360 next week so will have a XBL account soon as well!
I think people here need to lighten up and just bloody enjoy whatever KOnami or EA flog to us this year.

I now just want to know what the full beta version that the press have is like? same or better than Leipzig demo? Only then can my mind rest!!!!!

cactuz take that cactus out your arse and stop acting like a baby you idiot.

this game will be better than pes 6 to play and looks quite good , not great but good.
looks don't make a game maybe for you as you got your priorities wrong as i heard fifa 07 was supposed to be good and so i bought it , it was absolutely shit i couldn't stand playing it was easy the computer was so stupid it can't even string a few passes together the goalkeeper are awful they save 10 one-on-one and stand still and let in a shit side foot through their body just cuz i pressed precision shot the ball physics are like a beach ball the com cheats and can only score shots from 35 yard out with shit players.also the stats for players are bulshit and it must be a kid who made them up. so frustrating . only reason why i played it longer than a week was of the great manager mode and if pes get's that type of thing ( very pissed of it hasn't as everybody i know wants it) it would have no competitionas it would be a straight one horse race with fifa going out of business and downgrading the staff.

all it is mising is a master league mode that is more managerial.

samba im on the 360 and why dont you think about getting an elite, nice post naz very very very true but i dont hate fifa but i just didnt like 07 sorry for going off topic pes 2008 is pes 2008 not 2004 or pes 6.1 it will be playable for the year and i am exited so come on you guys cheer up and stop slagging off konami's efforts to bring you a great virtual footie game (excluding samba and the well wishers) i mean come on you're on a an we/pes/iss dedicated forum enough said.

Last edited:

yeah, may get the elite. Arent these meant to be more reliable?

I just need a half decent footy game to play on either my ps3 or 360 now!!! Come Sept/Oct I think I will have the choice of 2 possibly from KOnami and EA!!

pesnewsiy8.png

lol::Dyeah cacus is a real arsewipe.
p.s: samba ur team going down tomorrow!

:lol:, :lol:, :lol:, :lol:, :lol:, :lol:, :applause:, :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:..... Man where'v u been all this while?..Badgerman to the "evo-web-pes-is-shite-my-fifa-game-is-better-than-your-shitty-pes-without-nextgen-player-model-eyebrows-and-my-ps3-will-kill-your-xbox-360-while-it-hybernates-inhabiting-a-fifa-08-shite-disk-with-crap-textures-wrapped-around-ronaldo's-upper-shin-boot-thingie-discussion-thread" rescue...lol.. but honestly its getting umbelievably childish now, i just needed this, at this very moment and so do a lot of people on here... :applause: :applause: again thanx man "badger for president"..lol

that demo isnt near the final version, that demo didnt had things that we already know this game will have like...pulling shirts, we didnt see pulling shirts on this demo, what makes me think this demo is old, the final version will be much better.

I don't consider myself a fanboy and I put my critics a few pages before, but people why bother with FIFA? Every year is the same shit, different toilet as someone said here. I played UCL in PC and dude what a pile of crap is that game... nice graphics, licenses teams, but about gameplay... did EA honestly have put sometime in FIFA something like that? Please give me a break... I don't consider my words as the last truth since who knows one day FIFA can have better gameplay than PES (honestly I don't think so) but now the REALITY is this: FIFA is a pile of shit as a game to play real football. It is the same with PES2008: less teams than PES5 (no Bundesliga), same ML, that is disappointing and a joke. But well, the choice is up to anybody here: that or FIFA "where is the gameplay?" 2008.

lol, back in my school & college days (was the 90's that long ago?) I was one of a few people who played ISS and could not even have debates about what was the better game due to the sheer number of Fifa fans who used to act like it was cardinal sin and bay for my blood. I find it funny now those same Fifa fans are PES fans and when I try to have debates with them about the game.............act like it is cardinal sin and bay for my blood, guess history repeats its self.

lol guys look at samba2 in the pictures badgerman made.?! :)

Last edited:

About ea's fifa they have a looooooooooooooooooooot of work to do if they want to reach Sea-B(ass), In fact EA's FIFA only opportunity(first window) will be sadly for them in around 10 years of time starting fom now ,no chance if u ask me its impossibe they will never catch up to the masterminds behind pes series its true EA or any other respected company's footy game are long way behind their running out of time,not in this world to put it simple.Its not gonna happen pes will always be the best football game out there because they are 10 years ahead of everyone no wonder why they go so slow.
Samba2 ur the biggest FISH(Bass) in here dude

Last edited:

PES is 10 years ahead? SWOS from 13 years ago had a better career mode than PES 2008......

no one can stop us to buy our best game in the world Winning Eleven\PES .. we will buy it .. and play it .. then all the world will know and the we change there mind when the play PES 2008. mark my word

hahahaha badgerman that was class mate.... " i made a brown" hahaha I've sat and read every post in this thread and refused to jump into the arguments... really sad at times... both games look good, the proof will be when they are both released and you get to try them... no point shouting at each other till the facts are in your own hands.... i dont usually play ml usually just multi player beer and footie nights on pes... so for me it looks ok, i will probably try fifa like i always do then run away from it, unless it actually plays well, although cardboard nets and oh i can trick my way up the park and score solo goals all day doesn't impress me.. so i will wait till i get to try fifa demo to make up my mind... right back to argueing with each other don't let me stop you

I think I know why Konami do a better job with WE than with PES, it might have something to do with the whingey cunts here that can never be pleased no matter what.

The sad part is they probably still play PES to death but talk shit about the game just to get a reaction and masturbate to the fact that someone replied to their negative posts and they start off with 'I was a PES fanboy..' just make your point leave out the history of your sad life

No online leagues is very disappointing, NBA 2K8 will give me that fix.

Yeah they need to get the online issues resolved. The amount of place there is for improvement on an already good game is insane.
Makes one wonder if we'll ever get the perfect PES game.

hihi, badger, where have you been? nice news report dude!!

anyways back to the discussions.

It looks like we are going to get 2 pretty good footy games this year from Konami and EA. Both improved over their last years outings, and as we have historically found games companies rarely make that quantum leap between versions. I admit ,that I was kinda hoping that this time they would blow our socks off with a kind of "Killzone2/gears of war" type of grpahical leap of afooty game.but shit its not the "end of the world" as some make us believe!!

It seems what people are pissed about are that "expectations" may not being met with both PES2008 and FIfa08.
It appears that the degree of improvements in PES2008 in particular that we are SPECULATING on, from some shaky vids and various hands on reports of a demo build that is now possibly 75% finished in gameplay and animations and not just modes etc.

Im just now looking forward to playing both PES2008 and Fifa08 this year, and by all accounts probably yet again be seduced by FIfa looks and modes but get bored by the gameplay, judging by history and return to the old faithful PES. Maybe I am proved wrong this time?

However yet again, the news that the demo is probably a literal 75% build against the later betas that press have, which is reported to be better, does keep fuelling some hope that there is still a surprise in store for us come OCt for PES.

Last edited:

To keep it positive, one thing I am looking forward to is the dive feature (which is after all a new gameplay feature), and also I'm liking the idea of commentary from Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson. You could find yourself playing FIFA and missing the ability to win a cheeky penalty, and I know I'll be wishing I could switch the commentary teams over (the FIFA commentary is excellent but I personally would prefer Mark Lawrenson saying "the fella in-front of me's just stood up, I'll be having words in a minute" to Martin Tyler saying "blah blah blah interesting").

anyways back to the discussions.

However yet again, the news that the demo is probably a literal 75% build against the later betas that press have, which is reported to be better, does keep fuelling some hope that there is still a surprise in store for us come OCt for PES.

As far as I'm concerned ,I'm not waiting for any surprises anymore cause all the most important areas of the game have been revealed.The gameplay might be great but those animations feel so wrong and not life-like at all .

As far as I'm concerned ,I'm not waiting for any surprises anymore cause all the most important areas of the game have been revealed.The gameplay might be great but those animations feel so wrong and not life-like at all .

well , that hope I have that there is a surprise in final gameplay/feel/controls etc is pretty damn slim, but theres no harm in hoping !

yeah sort of know what you mean about the animations, but i know despite that I will probably still play it for the next year and still enjoy it. besides what choice will I have, Fifa08? thats depending on whether they can address the gameplay and responsiveness otherwise, i will be biting off my nose to spite my face by not playing PES2008 because the "animations feel so wrong". If you really do stick by your words and not play it and find that Fifa is not all that. then what, go a year playing basketball and madden? thats your call, but I need to play a half decent footy game on my ps3 and 360!;)

To keep it positive, one thing I am looking forward to is the dive feature (which is after all a new gameplay feature), and also I'm liking the idea of commentary from Jon Champion and Mark Lawrenson. You could find yourself playing FIFA and missing the ability to win a cheeky penalty, and I know I'll be wishing I could switch the commentary teams over (the FIFA commentary is excellent but I personally would prefer Mark Lawrenson saying "the fella in-front of me's just stood up, I'll be having words in a minute" to Martin Tyler saying "blah blah blah interesting").

yeah, agree, the dive feature, if they have implemented it halfway right could be a fun feature, espcially on those beer and footy sessions with mates!! Could well lead to some black eyes tho!!

Commentary for fifa has always been better, but we havent heard PES yet. but not holding out much hope! Shame it alll goes back to the same old wish that we all have - Fifa graphics, animations, sounds, presentations, modes married with PES gameplay. Maybe one day...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom