V / Paulv2k4 FIFA 23 Mods | Gameplay | Career

Yeah… i think the ref situation is a better now, but still not as good as we had it before. I know you do what’s in your hands Paul!
The weight of the ball and the passes really are the best! Love that aspect.
AI holding on to the ball is not a good thing but overall AI pace is good. A bit slower as before. They tend to run in circles then when not letting go of the ball and you chase them.
I had 1:0 wins with brentford for Bayern and City, wich usually never happens. It seems like harder teams are easier to beat. Will try legendary today. Never did.
Keeper holding the ball for ages when kicking from ground is really a drag… but hey, minor for now. …gives me time to zip on the beer. 😊

I need more time with the mod.
Have a good weekend y’all and play and test and play and enjoy and feed back and have cake and pizza… 😂 🐣
well this is literally telling you hate everything about it haha. as all the problems are due to my objective changes. Either go back to V3 or another mod until I come up with something else for now.
Honestly, I've never even watched the CPU celebrate a goal. But that's really interesting, why do you think that's happening?
AI objectives cause it. It gets confused due to EAs god awful way of handling the AI.

To those complaining about referees. I might as well create you a "vanilla referee mod" and see how you like it with that? (EDIT, see bottom of post)

Yep. As you can tell. Once again FIFA is annoying me. Bored to death with vanilla AI, no fouls, no tackling (and as always EA fucked this up) and soon as i try something different which i enjoy, others don't haha. Weird.

thanks all for your feedback

EDIT:
I've uploaded a vanilla referees mod and project.

Mod Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d87hwytlcukjg5/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fbmod/file

Project Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0cng71rg2334g3/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fmtproj/file

Last edited:
well this is literally telling you hate everything about it haha. as all the problems are due to my objective changes. Either go back to V3 or another mod until I come up with something else for now.

AI objectives cause it. It gets confused due to EAs god awful way of handling the AI.

To those complaining about referees. I might as well create you a "vanilla referee mod" and see how you like it with that? (EDIT, see bottom of post)

Yep. As you can tell. Once again FIFA is annoying me. Bored to death with vanilla AI, no fouls, no tackling (and as always EA fucked this up) and soon as i try something different which i enjoy, others don't haha. Weird.

thanks all for your feedback

EDIT:
I've uploaded a vanilla referees mod and project.

Mod Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6d87hwytlcukjg5/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fbmod/file

Project Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/v0cng71rg2334g3/V_Gameplay_-_Vanilla_Referees.fmtproj/file
I think you got me wrong… I’m never hating. 😊
it’s just what I observed. wanted to give feedback so it might be helpful for further mod optimization.

anyway… the vanilla mod is to be used on top of your mod, right?!

Last edited:
I think you got me wrong… I’m never hating. 😊
it’s just what I observed. wanted to give feedback so it might be helpful for further mod optimization.

anyway… the vanilla mod is to be used on top of your mod, right?!
put the vanilla mod below the main gameplay mod for it to overwrite the main mod.

Gameplay V4 Alpha 9 has been released

Fixes:
- Shot speed of Finesse shots was too fast, this has been balanced
- AI will no longer keep hold of ball for too long
- AI goalkeeper was taking too long to take a goal kick
- Stupid tackles by the AI are gone

Features:
- AI Fouling and tackling has been retained without the downsides or "stupid" fouls
- AI much better at creating chances
- Ball control attribute is used much more when taking a first touch

Link FMT:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/q8hffggpgxurot9/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v4a9.fbmod/file

Link FMM:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vidl0gnauedp6f1/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v4a9.fifamod/file

Fixes:

Features:
- AI Fouling and tackling has been retained without the downsides or "stupid" fouls

Link FMT:

Link FMM:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vidl0gnauedp6f1/V_Gameplay_Mod_-_v4a9.fifamod/file
You are killing me with this support! 🥳😂
Thanks Paul!

please send me your freaking PayPal address! Come one! 💪 have a drink on me! 🍻

Fixes:

Features:

Link FMT:

Link FMM:

Just like @PRO_TOO mentioned please mention your paypal just so that people can support the amazing work you have been doing. And that goes to all mod creators. As for the mod, I believe this is the best version of the gameplay patch. It fixed all the issues you mentioned and it's an addendum to the already wonderful Gameplay v4 Alpha 6(which I believe to be the best version of FIFA 23). I love how the first touch depends on the type of player that takes that touch. It's wonderful.

In terms of feedback, this is what I was wondering if it's even possible. There is an issue with FIFA 23 that even CPU controlled players with low dribbling stat and agility stat can dribble very incesively whilst players with high dribbling stat and agility can't and this is only true when they are CPU controlled. Is there a way to make players like Saka, Salah, Foden, etc dribble more and do more skill moves? If that can be possible, I think this might end up being better than FIFA 17 for me.

Just like @PRO_TOO mentioned please mention your paypal just so that people can support the amazing work you have been doing. And that goes to all mod creators. As for the mod, I believe this is the best version of the gameplay patch. It fixed all the issues you mentioned and it's an addendum to the already wonderful Gameplay v4 Alpha 6(which I believe to be the best version of FIFA 23). I love how the first touch depends on the type of player that takes that touch. It's wonderful.

In terms of feedback, this is what I was wondering if it's even possible. There is an issue with FIFA 23 that even CPU controlled players with low dribbling stat and agility stat can dribble very incesively whilst players with high dribbling stat and agility can't and this is only true when they are CPU controlled. Is there a way to make players like Saka, Salah, Foden, etc dribble more and do more skill moves? If that can be possible, I think this might end up being better than FIFA 17 for me.
Yes, 4.9 is top! 💪

Something to look at for the last alpha of Version 4 maybe? Thanks, I'll look into it! :)
Just like @PRO_TOO mentioned please mention your paypal just so that people can support the amazing work you have been doing.
You are killing me with this support! 🥳😂
Thanks Paul!

please send me your freaking PayPal address! Come one! 💪 have a drink on me! 🍻
I use "Ko-Fi" for donations now. It's actually linked on the GitHub.

https://ko-fi.com/paulovt

Thanks for the offer! As I always say. No need to give me money. I don't need it unlike other modders. All for fun :)

Any chance for a .fifamod version of it? for some reason FMT takes many minutes to build and launch the game for me every time even in a nvme ssd
The gameplay right now is perfect for me, just tweaked the sprint/acceleration sliders and the flow is superb, the referees are the only downside, they call fouls in almost any contact even using the very lenient option, so I would like to try it with the vanilla referees and see if it's fixed

Alpha 9 feels and looks just smooth on my controller and on my TV. I am ready now for a Career Mode Start. With smooth I mean: Animations and Player movement are incredible improved. Didn´t thought that is possible in FIFA 23. Looks just closer to real Player movement than ever before in a FIFA. And the related gameplay matches also what I would call real ball friction, pass speed, and Player Reaction. Gone that overpowered Gameplay speed and AI Players
with 2x time movement speed. It matters how long to hit the xbutton on my PS5 Controller for ball passing while I am playing semi controlled related to ball passing and goal shot. But I am close to change to FUMA. Just out of curiousity how it behaves. Last time I tried FUMA on an FIFA game was 21. I quit it because I didn´t get it after some hours training. :-)
But I will give it a go with Alpha 9. The ball control of my Players and the AI are also feels more alive, just fresher I remember in every earlier FIFA like 17. The general game speed feels so well I would say it´s the perfect mix between FIFA and PES I always dreamed about. I mean the faster Player response and more dynamic gameplay of FIFA and the tactical awareness of PES. But now with a perfect mix. Impressive @Paul-v !

Any chance for a .fifamod version of it? for some reason FMT takes many minutes to build and launch the game for me every time even in a nvme ssd
The gameplay right now is perfect for me, just tweaked the sprint/acceleration sliders and the flow is superb, the referees are the only downside, they call fouls in almost any contact even using the very lenient option, so I would like to try it with the vanilla referees and see if it's fixed

Keep in mind, the leniency level for the refs only dictates whether they are more or less likely to show a card, not a foul itself.

Alpha 9 feels and looks just smooth on my controller and on my TV. I am ready now for a Career Mode Start. With smooth I mean: Animations and Player movement are incredible improved. Didn´t thought that is possible in FIFA 23. Looks just closer to real Player movement than ever before in a FIFA. And the related gameplay matches also what I would call real ball friction, pass speed, and Player Reaction. Gone that overpowered Gameplay speed and AI Players
with 2x time movement speed. It matters how long to hit the xbutton on my PS5 Controller for ball passing while I am playing semi controlled related to ball passing and goal shot. But I am close to change to FUMA. Just out of curiousity how it behaves. Last time I tried FUMA on an FIFA game was 21. I quit it because I didn´t get it after some hours training. :-)
But I will give it a go with Alpha 9. The ball control of my Players and the AI are also feels more alive, just fresher I remember in every earlier FIFA like 17. The general game speed feels so well I would say it´s the perfect mix between FIFA and PES I always dreamed about. I mean the faster Player response and more dynamic gameplay of FIFA and the tactical awareness of PES. But now with a perfect mix. Impressive @Paul-v !

I would absolutely recommend you to go FUMA, once you have it down you can't go back. It feels amazing, even scoring an easy chance feels good on FUMA.

I finally tested your mod after seeing that there is .fifamod version available. At first I want to congratulate you because it's great gameplay compared to the vanilla version. There are two things that are difficult for me at the moment and it would be interesting to understand if anyone else have these issues:

- I constantly underhit passes. Mostly they are too slow and sometimes they are too fast. Do I need more practice with this version or is it a problem? Through passes and lobs for example are much faster in comparison. So if you want to create a combination it's easier to work with these instead of normal ground passes.
- I make a lot of "clean" tackles but it's almost every time a foul. This is really challenging because I have the feeling that when I do a standing or a slide tackle it's always a foul no matter if I play the ball or not.

Maybe it's only my playstyle and I must adapt it but I wanted to ask btw give some feedback. Keep up the good work!

I finally tested your mod after seeing that there is .fifamod version available. At first I want to congratulate you because it's great gameplay compared to the vanilla version. There are two things that are difficult for me at the moment and it would be interesting to understand if anyone else have these issues:

- I constantly underhit passes. Mostly they are too slow and sometimes they are too fast. Do I need more practice with this version or is it a problem? Through passes and lobs for example are much faster in comparison. So if you want to create a combination it's easier to work with these instead of normal ground passes.
- I make a lot of "clean" tackles but it's almost every time a foul. This is really challenging because I have the feeling that when I do a standing or a slide tackle it's always a foul no matter if I play the ball or not.

Maybe it's only my playstyle and I must adapt it but I wanted to ask btw give some feedback. Keep up the good work!
I do notice regular passes are really slow and easily underhit as well but I am using Semi assisted I haven't tested any other setting.

I upped the power bar to 65 and like the ability to do 50cm lay offs and longer ground passes. Pass speed is super fine for me. When I want to cover more space faster I use the driven low pass, as intended.
Edit: FUMA everything.

Last edited:
I use manual through pass if I want to do short accurate passes as that isn't affected by the pass speed slider.
Me too. That could make my own game structure a little bit too sloppy. Like you Guys recommend to change completly to FUMA I will do that from today on. I wonder about myself feeling the ground passes a little bit too slow compared against my manual through passes which are easier to handle by pushing the related manual controlled button. I mixed some controls with semi assisted and full manual. Not a good choice I recognized now. :-)
I remember why I used ground passing with semi assistet. Last time with FUMA I wasn´t able to bring up more than 2 passes to my team mates. :D
But training is everything. I will try it now again to manage that. This gameplay is the best to retry it.

I would absolutely recommend you to go FUMA, once you have it down you can't go back. It feels amazing, even scoring an easy chance feels good on FUMA.
That make sense, Mate. I also tried to play FUMA previously when I am playing PES 2021. Was a mess too. :-) But with alpha 9 you can feel that the manual control are a huge chance to learn FUMA playstyle. I looked yesterday via Editor how many related settings are available for the gameplay. There are massive amount. So the changes in the right way are massivly increased when I look up in the editor for FIFA 17 or 18 a.e. To manage to get a good balance of the Values so that the gameplay feels like in Alpha 9 now gives me a good overview what Paul greatly handles. That testing of the editing of the different Values in game again and again would kill my own patience. :D
So every modder have my highest respect doing that.

@paul, excellent gameplay as always, with many fouls as I like, but above all the variety of situations that arise. I'm not convinced by the speed and power of shots including spin shots (r1)

Hey, I just wanna say thanks for making the .fifamod version of your work! I tried the other method a few months ago, but I'm so used to the mod manager that it was hard to adjust. I'm new to the whole realistic gameplay modding scene, but I've been playing FIFA since FIFA 99. Your gameplay mod v.9 is awesome, especially for a CPU vs. CPU and player-lock player like me. I can definitely tell the difference in dribbling between the high-value and low-value players, and the defenders are pretty strong at challenging the attacker. The game has a much better pace than the vanilla FIFA too! The AI is also doing some fantastic driven passes, and your mod is the first I've tried that makes the AI cross the ball more. It's a bummer that all the teams look and feel the same, but I guess that's just how FIFA is. By the way, have you heard of the AI motion mod? It changes the way players move and feel and changes the ball physics to be more realistic. It would go great with your mod. The only issue with that mod is that the defenders are not as good as you've made them here.

If you need any testers or help, just let me know. I've been trying to get a realistic FIFA since FIFA 12, so I'm always down to help out! Maybe this year will be our year!:LMAO:

Is it important to use the attributes as classic, or can we use default? Same goes for player based difficulty, will the mod still work with that turned off?

@paul, excellent gameplay as always, with many fouls as I like, but above all the variety of situations that arise. I'm not convinced by the speed and power of shots including spin shots (r1)
I agree, the shooting feels a bit weak and finesse (R1) + power shots aren't powerful. Also noticed fouls been given for clean tackles. I tackled the AI in the box clean and got a yellow card and pen against me.

Curious what everyone else thinks... is there comback logic baked into this game??
I seem incapable of ever holding a 1 goal lead. Like, ever. No matter who I'm playing against. Could there be something to this theory? @Paul-v is there something in the locale we can adjust to tone this down?

Back
Top Bottom