UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

Career mode is very confusing now

When you choose a camp to learn a move it only tells you 1 example of what you can learn.

For example, i wanted to learn the rubber guard and the first session was me learning how to pull guard. Now this is all good and well because its make it more realistic and your not just jumping into the better moves but it should at least tell you all the stuff your doing beforehand. How are you meant to know which one of the 15 or so camps does the move you want?

Also playing on expert is a joke, you can't do nothing in training so earn no points to build up stat's and if you get the CPU down your almost certainly going to get reversed when transitioning especially in mount

1 last thing, i can see all the CAFs online having the cruicifix because its so easy to do and once you get it its unblockable and the elbows/punches come down fast plus if they transition block it wont take long for a KO with all the shots landed

Cheers Jimmy, will have a look at creating some CAFS :)

Edit: In saying that, I'll get it for the PS3 at the end of the month anyway so I can join an online camp so I might as well leave doing a CAF on my 360.

How the hell are you supposed to learn ground subs? You can't sub them in sparring because they've got full health, so how are you meant to keep performing subs to learn the moves?!

The career mode seems a bit borked to me, due to the training (again). You want to try and work on striking? Tough shit on your grappling then, because that's just dropped to rock-bottom 0 and you're going to be garbage on the ground now. WAY too much hassle and messing around in 2010. A third of my stats have dropped to 0 now, meaning I'm fucked if the CPU "works out" that I don't have any skill whatsoever in those fields.

So how are you going to learn moves? Because it seems that even spending EVERY week doing stat training isn't enough and your stats decrease by bucketloads. So taking a week to learn a move means your stats turn to shit, and if it's a ground move you're trying to learn then you've completely wasted a week as you gain nothing at all.

Still too much time messing with stats, fiddling with tiny numbers, too many screens before fights. It just makes the career a chore, same as 2009 (even though this is much better apparantly).

The game engine itself is much better. Career mode, not much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've literally lost ALL of my skills apart from standing strike offense and kicks offense :BRICK:

Career mode is getting turned off until someone explains to me how the hell the shit training model works because I just don't understand it.

On a brighter note, the game engine gets better each fight. Just did Diego Sanchez v Koscheck and focused on kicking his side, it started swelling up and he kept covering his side, leaving his head open to punches :)

On another bad note, the collision detection is shockingly poor at times. Replays of finishing hits can show a punch probably missed the other fighter by a good few inches :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking forward to getting a career going but its the same shit as last time with rest, training ect but with more shit added

Very disappointing

I was looking forward to getting a career going but its the same shit as last time with rest, training ect but with more shit added

Very disappointing

Yep, same filler as last year with having to train etc except this time you need to spend more time in the menus to stop stats "decaying".

Stats go down unless you get them above a certain "buffer" level. Then they do not go below this point level.

I think its 30, 50 and 70 points.

I read all the above from the developer the past few months, so dont hold me to it, but I'm sure thats how it works

But you can't get the stat's that high in the first place. I'm doing sparing and getting hardly any points and you cant do it to often when you have camps, training and stamina to do as well

Its a good idea but its all poorly put together, unless i'm playing it totally wrong

But you can't get the stat's that high in the first place. I'm doing sparing and getting hardly any points and you cant do it to often when you have camps, training and stamina to do as well

Its a good idea but its all poorly put together, unless i'm playing it totally wrong

Exactly.

That isnt good news. I started with Overeem and did the tryoput match, KO'd the can, then saved and quit. Ive not done training etc.

Will make Fedor tonight and give it a right good go. I'll check some other forums and try get some tips for us.

anyone worked the R3 submission "crank" yet?

I've looked around for tips but there's not much around with the game not being available to the masses yet.

I'll just keep doing exhibition/title mode until then and hope someone can come up with a guide.

I've looked around for tips but there's not much around with the game not being available to the masses yet.

I'll just keep doing exhibition/title mode until then and hope someone can come up with a guide.

You done event mode yet?

Best part of the game for me thus far, presentation is excellent

Guys your killing me already. Surely the Career Mode cannot be crap ? It's supposed to be the best part about the game ?

If someone can explain the training system, it'll improve career immensely. But even then, you still spend far too much time in the menus messing with stats for my liking.

After 6/7 fights in career mode in the WFA, I constantly had my stats decaying. In the end, nearly all had dropped to 0 rating despite me taking time to train and distribute stats as much as I could. No time to learn any extra moves either, doing that means losing a week to try and stop the decay :ROLL:

I'm sure it's just a case of not learning how the stat system works though, otherwise nobody would be able to do a career and it would never have gotten passed testing.

Not yet, I might do it for UFC 114 though :)

Its epic.

You pick the fights, Zuffa logo hits, gladiator intro, the fighters in the main and co-main speak with the black background, then it goes to joe and goldy outside the cage. Very cool

Oh and my mission tonight is a perfect jose aldo. Will share if its good

That sounds superb :D

Are the interviews /Joe and Goldie the same speeches everytime though?

That sounds superb :D

Are the interviews /Joe and Goldie the same speeches everytime though?

Joe and goldie had different intros for the 2 events i had, there are no interviews in event mode, only in career, and ive not done any of that really yet.

Sorry mate, I meant the interviews at the start of the PPV with the black backgrounds and the fighters talk about how they're going to win etc.

Its epic.

You pick the fights, Zuffa logo hits, gladiator intro, the fighters in the main and co-main speak with the black background, then it goes to joe and goldy outside the cage. Very cool

Oh and my mission tonight is a perfect jose aldo. Will share if its good

I made Aldo last year Dave, he went 33-1 on Expert. He looked pretty good as well to be honest.

Dags, I'm wondering whether in the Career your maybe better off upping your stats first before looking to learn signature moves ?

Maybe you need a solid stat base before looking to run before you can walk so to speak ?

Just an idea, I dont have the game yet, but it would seem to make sense, I think.:CONFUSE:

Also, read this on another site which was something I didnt realise. I'm fully aware of the new weight-shifting in the ground game. I just didnt realise it also applied to the Clinch.

It's tough to defend if he has you against the cage. But I hold back on the left stick and back/down on the right stick. The left stick is important in defending throws in the clinch. If you hold away from him, your weight is not on him and he can't use it against you in the slam. Use it in conjunction with the right stick(grapple block) and it'll help.

(Originally Posted by Scadilla
Ah, okay. I didn't think you could the left analog had much to do with it.)

Yea, just dont forget that it controls your body even in the clinch. So if you're holding the left stick towards him, you're pushing yourself against him, that's how he get's you against the cage. He pushes you, you can avoid it by pushing back or to the side and you wont go right back into the cage.

Interesting.

I tried career mode on beginner and the same thing happens even on that

I can't get any points in training even though when choosing submissions and ground game i do what it says and i get hardly anything

Another shit thing is the way the skill points for moves dont roll over. you need to get 100 points to get the move if you get 90 in your first go you have to waste another week just to get 10 points and the rest you get in that session don't mean anything

Its all really really poor and why the fuck didn't they speed up the shitty menu's? I may have stuck at it with fast menus but going around in career mode is a chore

I tried career mode on beginner and the same thing happens even on that

I can't get any points in training even though when choosing submissions and ground game i do what it says and i get hardly anything

Another shit thing is the way the skill points for moves dont roll over. you need to get 100 points to get the move if you get 90 in your first go you have to waste another week just to get 10 points and the rest you get in that session don't mean anything

Its all really really poor and why the fuck didn't they speed up the shitty menu's? I may have stuck at it with fast menus but going around in career mode is a chore

Surely it cannot be as much as a chore as last year Coopz ? That was all menus and load times. They said they had addressed this ? :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Sorry mate, I meant the interviews at the start of the PPV with the black backgrounds and the fighters talk about how they're going to win etc.

Dont think so, but then I haven't had the same person twice. What was cool was Eduardo Alonso, Shoguns translator does it for him, and Machida speaks in english clearly off an autocue.

I made Aldo last year Dave, he went 33-1 on Expert. He looked pretty good as well to be honest.
Dags, I'm wondering whether in the Career your maybe better off upping your stats first before looking to learn signature moves ?

Maybe you need a solid stat base before looking to run before you can walk so to speak ?

Just an idea, I dont have the game yet, but it would seem to make sense, I think.:CONFUSE:

Also, read this on another site which was something I didnt realise. I'm fully aware of the new weight-shifting in the ground game. I just didnt realise it also applied to the Clinch.

Interesting.

Good stuff, well the editor is much better now. I made a pretty decent Overeem and definately those with skill will be able to nail him. For Aldo theres lots of scar options, or flesh coloured tattoos for his facial scar.

what I hope the editing community also nails is the fighter movesets, not just appearances. Its daunting when you see how many punches etc there are!

Good stuff, well the editor is much better now. I made a pretty decent Overeem and definately those with skill will be able to nail him. For Aldo theres lots of scar options, or flesh coloured tattoos for his facial scar.

what I hope the editing community also nails is the fighter movesets, not just appearances. Its daunting when you see how many punches etc there are!

That's true. The amount of moves available is amazing and each fighter really does play uniquely now.

Fighting Koscheck and Rua was so different to fighting Griffin and Rampage.

Back
Top Bottom