UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

This is gay. So wait, just like last year, the career mode is only for Created fighters?

What the hell, what if I wanna be someone like Jon Jones and start from where abouts he is right now in real life, win a couple more fights with devastating knockouts and earn a title shot and become champ.

I wanna use real fighters in career mode and depending on who I pick and what their ranking is, work my way up or attempt to keep him there if you pick someone like GSP.

yeah it is a shame that again Yukes decided not to allow gamers be real fighters. That was something that bugged me in the first game. I found that I never really got a chance to play with the real fighters as I hardly touched the other modes.

Hopefully EA will go down the same route as fight night and let us be real fighters in the career mode.

I don't get it. I mean that's just stupid!

That's like FIFA coming out with a manager mode but you have to CREATE your own team! lool and progress them.

Creating yourself is exciting and should be an option but the option to play with real fighters which are for god's sake IN the game already, should be SO obvious that it baffles me that for a 2nd year running, it's not in!

Was really excited before, not so much anymore. Last year I said, oh well, maybe it's their very first ever UFC game, they're stupid... they'll get things fixed up but this is unacceptable.

It's Yukes and THQ. You can scream in their face that you'd want to use real fighters in career mode until you're blue in the face and they'd still ignore you. Shit like this has been happening to the WWE wrestling games for years on end. People have created polls, gaming websites have ran Q&As and listed the fans most requested improvements and all these have been passed to THQ/Yukes and nothing changes. So it really is no surprise to see them up to their usual dog shit here.

Give it a few more years and you'll all notice them removing certain features like the ability to create and play your own ppvs and they'll claim that 'no one uses them' which is what they claim when they remove features from the WWE games.

I think if EA's game is a big hit, THQ will release a 'as little effort as possible' game in 2011 and then when EA MMA 2 is coming they'll add loads of features they've been holding back or removed to create the impression that they listen to fans and they've made the biggest improvements etc...

Career mode wouldn't work with real fighters because they already have movesets

And if they took them off so you start fresh you could have Brock Lesner doing flying armbars, rubber guards and omaplantas ect taking all the realism away so it would be shit :LOL:

Career mode wouldn't work with real fighters because they already have movesets

And if they took them off so you start fresh you could have Brock Lesner doing flying armbars, rubber guards and omaplantas ect taking all the realism away so it would be shit :LOL:

Or you start where he is now, and move abilities also degrade, so to there is an incentive to train and stay as good as you are/ become more well rounded

They should defo allow a career for fighters in the game

Yeah just let you start career as an in game with all the moves and the idea is just to play the game for fun. not be restricted because they want you to struggle as a nobody over and over and if you want to play as the real roster... go into exhibition.

-

By any chance did the allow titles to be defended and won/lost in exhibition this year like they promised?

There's a Title mode where you can work through a ladder of fighters to get the belt, then you go through and defend it. Not sure on exhibition itself though.

And does the game remember who the champion is after you do that title mode so the next time you play your created fighter is the champ and you can work your way to fight against him?

Not sure as I haven't done that mode much to be honest, maybe Vondave knows though?

Theres a great exploit for CAF's so you dont have to do it repeatedly.

Without boring you with technicalities, and the fact as I'm at work s cant be bothered cutting and pasting where i read it last night i'll overview it for you.

Basically, you can do 1 career in a certain way, to have a CAF with exceptional stats. Then this career CAF can be copied into other CAF slots, and then everything in this slot is fully editable. From appearance,to realistic stats, to moves, to logos you name it.

In your first career you work your attributes to 30, or 50 or 70 (a threshold of no decay) then do your sparring, and getting your techniques up to similar levels. Then spend the last year or so learning new moves. The new moves on copied fighters can be removed, in exchange for points to put towards other techniques.

so all in all its pretty perfect. The editing community i'm part of (my CAF's are crap I contribute nothing but praise) has already been mentinoed by jimmy, but I well recommend it www.mma-caf.com. Theres a ridiculously good Overeem so far amongst others.

In hindsight i should have just sent the link.....:COOL:

P.S I also got the Shaq code worknig, and had my first game online. A bit laggy, he picked Machida, i naturally picked Shogun, and got a LHK KO. Very satisfying.

Evo-web camp anyone for 360??

Anyone spotted a really good training guide? The tips I posted earlier work well but hoping for something a bit more detailed.

Anyone spotted a really good training guide? The tips I posted earlier work well but hoping for something a bit more detailed.

What I did like above worked well last night. Also once you get enough CRED (Logo's on shorts + fight bonuses etc) you can then upgrade either sparring partner or Strength, Speed, Cardio threshold

I pretty much worked everything to 30, then sparred and raised every attribute to 30. Then worked strength to 50, and find it easy to KO opponants and trainig partners.

YouTube - UFC Undisputed 2010 - Career Mode Tips (How to Create A Super CAF)

Theres a great exploit for CAF's so you dont have to do it repeatedly.

Without boring you with technicalities, and the fact as I'm at work s cant be bothered cutting and pasting where i read it last night i'll overview it for you.

Basically, you can do 1 career in a certain way, to have a CAF with exceptional stats. Then this career CAF can be copied into other CAF slots, and then everything in this slot is fully editable. From appearance,to realistic stats, to moves, to logos you name it.

In your first career you work your attributes to 30, or 50 or 70 (a threshold of no decay) then do your sparring, and getting your techniques up to similar levels. Then spend the last year or so learning new moves. The new moves on copied fighters can be removed, in exchange for points to put towards other techniques.

so all in all its pretty perfect. The editing community i'm part of (my CAF's are crap I contribute nothing but praise) has already been mentinoed by jimmy, but I well recommend it www.mma-caf.com. Theres a ridiculously good Overeem so far amongst others.

In hindsight i should have just sent the link.....:COOL:

P.S I also got the Shaq code worknig, and had my first game online. A bit laggy, he picked Machida, i naturally picked Shogun, and got a LHK KO. Very satisfying.

Evo-web camp anyone for 360??

I spotted the Overeem CAF as well Dave, absolutely awesome. These guys know what they are doing with these CAFS alright. I got the game yesterday, but had limited time on it. But .....

WOW !! Are you kidding me ? This game is facking AWESOME !!

Played with Jonny Bones Jones against Ryan Bader in my first match, unbelievable the way the fighters move and strike. Both completely independent of the next. Jones has some crazy takedowns and spinning elbows, fists kicks etc it felt just like him.

My brother then fought my mate, Terry Etim v Ross Pearson. Again, outstanding. Etim and Pearson looked and fought like carbon copies of their real life counterparts, right down to they way they throw their shots. Phenomenal.

I stayed up till 1am playing in the Title Mode with Wanderlei. Went 6-0 before I got sloppy and Patrick Cote knocked me clean cold. I then had to drag myself to bed.

WOW !!

Oh,,and here is that awesome Demolition Man.....

http://www.mma-caf.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2863&start=0

I spotted the Overeem CAF as well Dave, absolutely awesome. These guys know what they are doing with these CAFS alright. I got the game yesterday, but had limited time on it. But .....

WOW !! Are you kidding me ? This game is facking AWESOME !!

Played with Jonny Bones Jones against Ryan Bader in my first match, unbelievable the way the fighters move and strike. Both completely independent of the next. Jones has some crazy takedowns and spinning elbows, fists kicks etc it felt just like him.

My brother then fought my mate, Terry Etim v Ross Pearson. Again, outstanding. Etim and Pearson looked and fought like carbon copies of their real life counterparts, right down to they way they throw their shots. Phenomenal.

I stayed up till 1am playing in the Title Mode with Wanderlei. Went 6-0 before I got sloppy and Patrick Cote knocked me clean cold. I then had to drag myself to bed.

WOW !!

Oh,,and here is that awesome Demolition Man.....

http://www.mma-caf.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=2863&start=0

I feel the same. I was waiting for my legit version to come to start career, (and use Nelsons belly!) and I'm very impressed, and glad you like it too. I'm sure you aprpeciate what a couple of us said last week that you really have to fight smart like the fighter you are would approach the opponant.

Also regarding Patrick Cote, how enormous is he on this?? Must have been scannned when rehabbing his cruciate injury

I feel the same. I was waiting for my legit version to come to start career, (and use Nelsons belly!) and I'm very impressed, and glad you like it too. I'm sure you aprpeciate what a couple of us said last week that you really have to fight smart like the fighter you are would approach the opponant.

Also regarding Patrick Cote, how enormous is he on this?? Must have been scannned when rehabbing his cruciate injury

I totally appreciate what you guys said about utilising each individual fighters styles and strengths Dave, easily the most satisfying and rewarding way to play. I started a career on Expert and got knocked out in the first round via dirty boxing, I just couldnt get out of the clinch. Maybe I need to knock it down a level. :CONFUSE:

I then played Event mode, that was brilliant. I love Vitor Belfort in real life, and he is outstanding on this game. I tried to go online but couldnt find a fight in half an hour. Even in quick Player Match, once it located different options, I then tried to access the fight only to be told the session had expired ? Instead of keeping on searching till I found a match, it kicked me back to the online screen. Very annoying.

I totally appreciate what you guys said about utilising each individual fighters styles and strengths Dave, easily the most satisfying and rewarding way to play. I started a career on Expert and got knocked out in the first round via dirty boxing, I just couldnt get out of the clinch. Maybe I need to knock it down a level. :CONFUSE:

I then played Event mode, that was brilliant. I love Vitor Belfort in real life, and he is outstanding on this game. I tried to go online but couldnt find a fight in half an hour. Even in quick Player Match, once it located different options, I then tried to access the fight only to be told the session had expired ? Instead of keeping on searching till I found a match, it kicked me back to the online screen. Very annoying.

Cheers Jimmy Re the PM

The online is a pain, very laggy i found.

Aside from submissions (anyone got a how to on this yet that works???) the clinch game is definately by weakest area. I understand the flow and progression, but sometimes in a dominant position i just want to be free again. Anyone got any tips?

Unlock shaquille o'neal----- Right, Up, Left, Right, Down, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left, X, Y, Y, X, Start

Unlock Tapout characters (Mask, Skyscrape, Punkass) D,D,U,R,L,D,Back,Start

Gone 11-3 in career so far 2 defeats due to submission i just cant reverse them no matter what i do with right stick any tips. ?

Will also teach me for being cocky i faced Patrick Cote and i rocked him he was on the ground ready for TKO finish but i let him up. I was trying to go for flash ko finish but got caught with one myself ouch! i wont be doing that again. :LOL:

Gone 11-3 in career so far 2 defeats due to submission i just cant reverse them no matter what i do with right stick any tips. ?

Will also teach me for being cocky i faced Patrick Cote and i rocked him he was on the ground ready for TKO finish but i let him up. I was trying to go for flash ko finish but got caught with one myself ouch! i wont be doing that again. :LOL:

I'm 20-4 with Overeem.

Lost to Nog twice and Mir twice, all by submission.

MY first loss was to Nog, eventually got a rematch, and he was champion, so I was all set to avenge the defeat. I didnt touch him once, he outboxed me, took me down, and arm triangled me. all in 32 seconds- e was awarded Submission of the Year for it.

Then fought Mir, he beat me by Kimura, I called him out for a rematch a few months later, and again lost by Kimura.

Oh dear.

the career mode is one of the most boring things i've ever played, i think i'll stick to the other game modes.

I agree. I'm doing it once, and well, then using this as my "quality template CAF" to then make realistic other fighters

Four times now I've faced Griffin in Title mode and he's battered me :( He just keeps right on me, not giving me any time to breathe. If he gets a clinch, he's guaranteed to throw me to the mat and get into side control, otherwise he just pummels me.

I can't block attacks to save my life on fighting games. By the time I realise the CPU has thrown an attack, I can't react quick enough to do a block as it's pretty much split-second when an attack is thrown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my head in now i just keep getting submitted lost about 4 fights on the bounce due to it and im playing on Experienced.

I am spinning the stick clockwise but nothing seems to be happening from looking around the net it seems this is a big problem even with Sub defence of 95 ffs.

Doing my head in now i just keep getting submitted lost about 4 fights on the bounce due to it and im playing on Experienced.

I am spinning the stick clockwise but nothing seems to be happening from looking around the net it seems this is a big problem even with Sub defence of 95 ffs.

The Shine is different to last years, it has nothing to do with speed. It's all about smooth perfect circles. I had the same problem with Wanderlei against The Polish Experiment ( I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) on Expert. I kept getting subbbed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. I changed the way I rotated the stick, and hey presto, Wanderlei got out of loads of submission attempts, some deep as well that I thought were a dead cert.

The developers stated this smooth, perfect circle technique, and it works exactly as they explained. Alot of people will be just trying to Shine as fast as they can like 2009, thats why people are reporting issues. I like the new system, it feels more technique based which is kind of replicating the slick technique in Jiu Jitsu.

I think the career mode can be a little repetative if your purely trying to make a Super-Caf. All sparring is geared towards the takedowns, GNP and maybe reversals. If you play the career just for fun, and dont worry too much about your final stats, its so much better.

Last edited:
Got it today and created an event in Bell Center, Montreal.

5 fights. Seems a good mode and like a real UFC Event. Game is good too, still getting used to it and having no luck submitting people (they seem to be out of it after a few seconds) but already knocked out a couple and was knocked out as well.

Seems like a good game overall but it's still too early to judge for me.

The Shine is different to last years, it has nothing to do with speed. It's all about smooth perfect circles. I had the same problem with Wanderlei against The Polish Experiment ( I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) on Expert. I kept getting subbbed 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds. I changed the way I rotated the stick, and hey presto, Wanderlei got out of loads of submission attempts, some deep as well that I thought were a dead cert.

The developers stated this smooth, perfect circle technique, and it works exactly as they explained. Alot of people will be just trying to Shine as fast as they can like 2009, thats why people are reporting issues. I like the new system, it feels more technique based which is kind of replicating the slick technique in Jiu Jitsu.

I think the career mode can be a little repetative if your purely trying to make a Super-Caf. All sparring is geared towards the takedowns, GNP and maybe reversals. If you play the career just for fun, and dont worry too much about your final stats, its so much better.

Have you been able to submit people Jimmy? Far too difficult. Dunno what I'm doing wrong.

They talked a lot about the all new 'sway system', dodging and ducking and leaning out of the way of punches similar to what Anderson Silva did masterfully against Forrest Griffin.

How do you them though?

Back
Top Bottom