UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

Crap career mode means I aint getting this. Lat year I traded it in as it got boring real quick. With no decent career mode I wont even bother this year. Bring on EA MMA. That is sounding dope!!

My Jose Aldo was actually created using the info from that CAF site Dave. I tried myself but failed miserably.

Would love to see your Alistair Overeem though if ever get chance to post it bud. I take it you made him fully roided up ? :LOL:

IGN: Online fight camps are the one thing you really haven't gone super-in-depth about. What exactly are these?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Online fight camps are a lot like your traditional guild or clan structure found in other games. Fighters align themselves under the same camp name and camp banner, assign leaders, trainers, and members, and train and compete together to raise the stature of their camp as a whole. This is one of the most important additions to Undisputed 2010, as it really raises the level of camaraderie and team competition amongst players.

IGN: Why was this something you wanted in UFC Undisputed 2010?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Fight Camps was one of the first ideas we came up with after finishing UFC Undisputed 2009. The online fight camp feature puts the emphasis on the team, not the individual. While we've seen this sort of clan support in other genres, such as first person shooters and MMOs, UFC Undisputed 2010's fight camp feature adds a huge level of authenticity to an MMA game and will ultimately be a big step forward for online play in the fighting genre.

Throughout our work on the game, it was very common to hear UFC fighters say that the single most important element when preparing for a fight is proper training, specifically who you choose to train with for a fight. We've captured this in UFC Undisputed 2010 with online fight camps, allowing gamers to train, fight and progress as a team. Our goal is to continually create the most robust and authentic online experience in the genre, and we feel we've accomplished that with this year's game while also laying the groundwork for innovation on future UFC Undisputed titles. The concept of training camps and progressing as a mixed martial artist with a group of fighters is something that permeates both the real UFC and the Undisputed community, and implementing a tool to make this easier for players was very important to us.

IGN: How many people can be in your camp?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Fight camps can have up to 40 members each. We bounced around a few numbers in development and decided on a number that most closely represented a large class in a real fight camp or dojo. We want Fight Camps to foster a community so we kept the number in a range where a player could know most everyone's name and not feel isolated in their own group. The technical side of that number is it made balancing and tuning our different milestones easier with a maximum number in mind. Some milestones are easy and others will test the collective endurance of your camp.

IGN: Can you toss people out if they're annoying or suck?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Absolutely! Fight Camps have a lot of the same features that you'd find in your typical clan or guild management system. Fight Camp leaders can promote, demote, and kick members at will but the aim of Fight Camps is to help everyone at the camp get better. The management system is important because when players first join a camp they're labeled a "Recruit" and their privileges are restricted. Recruits can fight under the camp banner but it's a trial period so their wins don't count and, more importantly, their losses don't either. When the higher ranking members see that they're fighting well they can be promoted to a "Member" and start representing the camp on the leaderboards.

IGN: Talk a little bit about fight camp sparring works -- is this just two guys in the Octagon for as long as they want or is something setup so you can roll around on the ground and try out moves?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Fight Camp Sparring closely mirrors that of offline practice sparring, complete with options for displaying control inputs, damage output, and more. It's basically a really long, risk-free training session for fight camp members. Between fighting on your feet and fighting on the ground, Undisputed is a complex game and we improved a number of the striking and grappling systems as well as adding cage interaction. Discovering the best uses for each attack and for each position no longer has to be a solo experience. By giving players the ability to roll with each other in a pressure free environment we hope it will encourage them to educate each other as to the finer nuances of Undisputed's gameplay and improvise new strategies.

IGN: What will it take to be the No. 1 camp? Just wins?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Winning is the way to raise the stature of you and your camp. We do have other means of progression, like camp Trainer levels and Camp milestones, but just like in the UFC, winning is where it's at when it comes to leaderboards.

IGN: Is the camp represented whenever you fight online, or only when you're fighting online as your created character through the fight camp option?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Your fight camp is represented any time you fight in Camp Exhibition or in Ranked Matches with Camp Fighting set to "on." The best camps get shown on the leaderboards so remember to promote your Recruits when they're battle-ready!

IGN: Camp Milestones, eh? What are these?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Camp Milestones are basically mini achievements or trophies that players can acquire through representing their camps. An example of a Camp Milestone would be to have 10 members of your camp that are also level 10 trainers. It encourages a bit of alternative accomplishment in your fight camps. You know, when you're twisting people's arms off!

IGN: Will participating in the camp increase my created fighter's stats and/or attributes?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: Yes! Participating in your camp's training sessions will afford you the ability to gain additional CRED for you fighter's Career, which will work to accelerate your progress. We allow training online with your camp to be completely free to the player; it doesn't increase your fatigue, decrease your condition, or take a week out of your schedule. As such we've limited training with your campmates to once between your Career Mode fights.

IGN: What Fight Camp is the real Brock Lesnar going to be in and can I join it?

UFC Undisputed Dev Team: I can't speaks specifically as to Brock's plans for Fight Camp affiliation, but rest assured that many real fighters as well as members of the Undisputed development team will be a part of the Fight Camp landscape.

This sounds awesome by the way.

Have played the game for about 3 hours now.

Not that impressed. It looks the same as 2009 and still feels as predictable as 2009. Sure, there is a larger variety of moves added (even though the animations for the moves are the same with each character) and a bunch of new features, but essentially at it's core it's the same as the first, which a few quirks. Button mashing is still far to effective aswell. I knocked out Brock Lesnar the first time I fought him with Frank Mir just by spamming punch.

The career mode is just as poor as the first. I genuinely don't see the point. The training is boring, the career progression is boring and I really don't understand how to get the best out of the mode, it's not fun at all.

I played about 20 matches last night with different characters and each match felt very similar, the AI was predictable after a few matches on Expert.

Online is going to be ruined by spammers and cheaters, so forget that mode.

If you already have UFC 2009 I wouldn't rush out and buy this until it's come down in price. It's the same game with a few flashy quirks. I personally won't be buying it due to the poor career mode.

------

EA's MMA game looks original and less rigid (utilising the FNR4 engine opens up the angles for moves and the collision detection is a lot better). I am genuinely more excited about this game as it's trying something different.

Last edited:
My Jose Aldo was actually created using the info from that CAF site Dave. I tried myself but failed miserably.

Would love to see your Alistair Overeem though if ever get chance to post it bud. I take it you made him fully roided up ? :LOL:

This sounds awesome by the way.

No from memory, the proper roided physique isnt there. He just looked a bit wrong!

I'm not sharing Overeem without serious tweakage! :FAIL:

I played 4 last hours with friends and this is king of party games as ufc 2009. I think animations could be better but overall is rly great.
I think we cant say that game is bad because AI is bad . Thay made it for humasVShuman and online to be honest and this is great game.

Not that impressed. It looks the same as 2009 and still feels as predictable as 2009. Sure, there is a larger variety of moves added (even though the animations for the moves are the same with each character) and a bunch of new features, but essentially at it's core it's the same as the first, which a few quirks. Button mashing is still far to effective aswell. I knocked out Brock Lesnar the first time I fought him with Frank Mir just by spamming punch.

The career mode is just as poor as the first. I genuinely don't see the point. The training is boring, the career progression is boring and I really don't understand how to get the best out of the mode, it's not fun at all.

I played about 20 matches last night with different characters and each match felt very similar, the AI was predictable after a few matches on Expert.

If you already have UFC 2009 I wouldn't rush out and buy this until it's come down in price. It's the same game with a few flashy quirks. I personally won't be buying it due to the poor career mode.

Its all about multiplayer on this

The variety in fights is brilliant

------

EA's MMA game looks original and less rigid (utilising the FNR4 engine opens up the angles for moves and the collision detection is a lot better). I am genuinely more excited about this game as it's trying something different.

Bad press there Matt, are you an MMA fan at all bud ?

I loved UFC 2009 and probably spent as much hours on that game as I did PES or not far off. This was, even just from the demo is light years ahead for me. I'm an MMA hardcore fan though, maybe thats one of the reasons.

I loved UFC 2009 and probably spent as much hours on that game as I did PES or not far off. This was, even just from the demo is light years ahead for me. I'm an MMA hardcore fan though, maybe thats one of the reasons.

As a hardcore nut myself, UFC 2010 had me totally off RDR all last night, and night before.

I found you have to have strategy, and play like real life fighters "should" vs opponants. I know the strengths and weaknesses and when to take it to the ground or keep it standing vs all opponants in the game in theory. Mastering it is the hard part!

Theres a load of longevity IMO. The fact you can add detailed fighter logic to the CAF's adds alot for me too

Yeah i agree with you both

I was playing a mate last night and there were some very cagey fights going off because we didn't want to make a mistake

In one fight i was trying to get inside with leg kicks and body shots and he was backing up trying to counter and coming in if my shots fell short, we had spells on the ground and in the clinch and it finished in the most spectacular way i have ever seen, we both threw a head kick at the same time and mine just grazed the top of his head while his caught me on the temple and knocked me the fuck out, the replay was brilliant

Yeah, have been following MMA for many years. Have been watching the UFC since UFC 50 and was a huge fan of K1 and Pride. Now I just stick with Strikeforce and the UFC.

I played UFC 2009 to death when I first got it, and without any practice at all with UFC 2010 I just picked it up and carried on like last time, on Expert. I was shocked how similar it was. UFC 2009 was fine for the few weeks that I had it, but it soon became boring as I'd done everything I could offline and the career mode was a complete let down, the AI became predictable and lost interest online due to people spamming the same moves over and over or quitting after I'd beat them.

This game feels like the same game just with extra moves and few add ons. I've been there, done it and got the T shirt (well I have a tapout shirt if that counts) with the old game and for me this doesn't justify a full purchase. I haven't mastered it by a long shot, but I still won 18 out of 20 bouts without breaking too much of a sweat. I was hoping for a better and more challenging career mode, but now that I've played it, it holds no interest. Disappointed to say the least.

Bring on EA MMA.

Does the clinch game last too long for anyone else? Against the AI, I'm finding it takes a while to get to a position to press the left stick to try and break out of it, while the CPU keeps spamming knees constantly?

Yeah, have been following MMA for many years. Have been watching the UFC since UFC 50 and was a huge fan of K1 and Pride. Now I just stick with Strikeforce and the UFC.

I played UFC 2009 to death when I first got it, and without any practice at all with UFC 2010 I just picked it up and carried on like last time, on Expert. I was shocked how similar it was. UFC 2009 was fine for the few weeks that I had it, but it soon became boring as I'd done everything I could offline and the career mode was a complete let down, the AI became predictable and lost interest online due to people spamming the same moves over and over or quitting after I'd beat them.

This game feels like the same game just with extra moves and few add ons. I've been there, done it and got the T shirt (well I have a tapout shirt if that counts) with the old game and for me this doesn't justify a full purchase. I haven't mastered it by a long shot, but I still won 18 out of 20 bouts without breaking too much of a sweat. I was hoping for a better and more challenging career mode, but now that I've played it, it holds no interest. Disappointed to say the least.

Bring on EA MMA.

Fair enough mate.:)

On a different note, I played my mate on the demo quite a few times last night and had some amazing fights. In one of them, I went to make a cuppa tea, I came back into the front room, to find my mate just kicking the shiit out of Shogun ( my fighter ) with Machida, using leg kicks. He had been doing this for nearly a round. Anyway, when I grabbed the pad to give Machida some back, I found that Shogun moved very, very slowly. There was a big welt on the side of his body and his legs looked bruised. I couldnt believe just how much damage those legs kicks had done. This never happened in 2009, and this was massively noticable. It was like Forrest and Rampage revisited. Awesome.

Looks pretty good, i like the way they have done submissions

The ground and pound punches look a little slow though

Just like Fight Night they make every punch super weak... why? I don't get it. They don't put any power in the hits at all, if they did that it would make it so much better.

The ground and pound looks crap. It was like he was trying to karate chop him.. but with no force behind it... and then he just randomly got KO'd!? Even though the was blocking?

Although EA's game has some weak points I am going for that this year if it is any good. I just dont see the point of buying UFC with the career mode being such a chore again. I would end up getting rid of it so I am not gonna bother. Plus the fact that EA MMA includes Dream fighters with the ring instead of the cage, I am more interested in that then the UFC game.

Now we just need some previews on EA's career mode. Still think EA need to get more fighters also.

Last edited:
Anyone got their head round career mode yet?

I've just been playing 2 hours and very frustrated.

Was working my strength speed and stamina, and went to camps and learnt a couple of new moves. Doen a couple of sparring sessions. Despite being 4-0 all my stats are 0 aside from standing punch offence AT 22

Seems you have to work these stats first to 30 (they will then not go lower than this), then learn moves and strength, speed endurance, then get your points up to 50 (again they then wont go below 50, and repeat)

Stupid if you ask me

Anyone got their head round career mode yet?

I've just been playing 2 hours and very frustrated.

Was working my strength speed and stamina, and went to camps and learnt a couple of new moves. Doen a couple of sparring sessions. Despite being 4-0 all my stats are 0 aside from standing punch offence AT 22

Seems you have to work these stats first to 30 (they will then not go lower than this), then learn moves and strength, speed endurance, then get your points up to 50 (again they then wont go below 50, and repeat)

Stupid if you ask me

It sounds like what I assumed earlier though Dave, you need to learn to walk before you can run. I kind of agree with this to be honest. If your basically starting from scratch, work on your basics and get competent. Then move on to your Omoplata's, spinning back kicks and Superman punches. Just my 2 cents. 4 days and counting.

Even with not learning any moves and just doing training and sparring, you still lose more stats than you gain at any point.

Just like Fight Night they make every punch super weak... why? I don't get it. They don't put any power in the hits at all, if they did that it would make it so much better.
Fight Night Round 4 had sliders to change the punch power, speed, etc. so if they put that in then it should be ok. i hated FNR4 on the demo, but after i tweaked the sliders the full game was pretty decent

Fight Night Round 4 had sliders to change the punch power, speed, etc. so if they put that in then it should be ok. i hated FNR4 on the demo, but after i tweaked the sliders the full game was pretty decent

Hmm can't remember, but did it really have slider to speed up the animations so it looked like they had more power in them? Didn't the power just add more "hit points" and everything looked the same?

I want punches and kicks to move just as fast as they do in UFC, so much more realistic. And I hope they don't add something like the arcady haymakers or whatever they are called in Fight Night... that alone ruined the whole game for me.

i personally never used the haymakers, i increased the punch power and speed.

it meant the punches were quicker (more realistic) and a few big hits and usually the fight could be over (more realistic again).

Just found this post:

As for the degrading, as some other already stated. Once you reach certian levels, you reach a safety point where the skills can't degrade futher down. So the best is to concentrate at one skill at the time, so it reaches one safety point...then go to the next skill and do the same.

The training can be a bitch when you do not have the skills for grappling etc. As for the transitions, you get a point for every thrid transition you manage in a row...so if you get to side, then mount but get blocked before the third, you won't get a point. I have high skills in grappling which mean I have no problems jumping around the guy to get 20 points or more. But it was harder in the begining.

I did concentrate to get my strenght and speed up at first, that makes the sparring easier. If you KO your sparring partner 2 or 3 times you will get 50 points or more to spend on the skills. Which will make it easier in the trainingcamps.

Generally, I think it's best to first concentrate on the stand up, get a few basic skills. Machida´s Straight right is good, maybe Chuck's hook and a high kick of some sort. Then just concentrate on sparring and the general skills to boost your fighters skills. When you reach 50 or more in grappling and lets say punching, it will be easier to do the fight camps.

I had a 32-0-0 record, held the belt in light heavy weight and moved up to heavy weight to snatch it there too..and what happens. I got flash KO'd by freaking Brock Lesner!! Razz I ruined my 32 winstreak..I had plans to go undefeated thru my whole career...darnit!

Edit: I can confirm that the above approach works a lot better :) It'll still take a while but just working on sparring and earning as many points as you can and then allocating them to a stat to get it to the 30 mark works quite well.

After that, do more sparring, work on a different stat and get that to 30. In between, go to training and just check that your strength, speed and cardio aren't dropping down.

I guess then once you've got some basic stats like punches, ground grapple and takedowns, you can then take a week off now and then to try and pick up a new move.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gay. So wait, just like last year, the career mode is only for Created fighters?

What the hell, what if I wanna be someone like Jon Jones and start from where abouts he is right now in real life, win a couple more fights with devastating knockouts and earn a title shot and become champ.

I wanna use real fighters in career mode and depending on who I pick and what their ranking is, work my way up or attempt to keep him there if you pick someone like GSP.

Back
Top Bottom