UFC Undisputed 2010 and EA's MMA

Custom banners and custom mouth guards in this year?
While you can’t customize your own banner for the Create a Fighter mode, you can do it for the online fight camps. Sorry, there are no custom mouth guards in this game. There is a large selection of cool mouth guards that you can select for your fighters.

Can u put Ecko designs on your CAF shorts? Lots of UFC fighters wear Ecko, but was not in 09
Yes, Ecko is in the game as an official sponsor to the fighters, and is featured in CAF.

Are sponsors in career mode still unlocked randomly based on rank/cred, and is cred still the career currency?
Cred is back in the game, but is now accompanied by “Popularity”. Both play a role in your fighter’s progression, including what sponsors you unlock. Another difference in this year’s game is that sponsors are now unlocked in tiers. Where as last year some sponsors like TapouT couldn’t be unlocked until very far into the game, this year we let you unlock all of the sponsors much earlier. However, you won’t have access to all of their items and logos right away. You have to earn the higher prestige gear through your performance, your cred, your popularity, etc…

Is there a function to tweak specific areas such as arm size, leg size, and weight?
No, not in this game.

CAFs have access to special signature moves now (pretty sure confirmed) and with that believe it was said certain moves are fighter specific where CAFs won’t have them, are certain ones only open to CAFs?
There aren’t any CAF specific special moves that the pros don’t have access to. Actually, the opposite is true. For instance, if you wanted Gabriel Gonzaga’s head kick, we make that available to you in Create a Fighter… but we don’t allow ALL of the pro signature moves to be available in CAF, just some of them.

Any cap on the amount of CAFs you can make?
There is a limit, it’s just absurdly high… I think it’s a hundred fighters. It’s the same limit that we had in place last year. If we find a good enough reason to raise that limit, we will… but it doesn’t seem like there’s been that need just yet.

Will it be harder this year to bring your opponent to the ground? Last year you couldn’t block throw attempts, only reverse no matter how high your defensive stats were.
With the newly unified rules set of the clinch and the ground, throws can now be blocked as well as reversed. Throws could be reversed last year, but this year it’s no longer the 25% guessing game that it was. You can now defend throws in a much more simple way from a gameplay perspective, which is to block them, just as you would block a transition. Your defensive stats have always mattered and will continue to matter with this.

Can different weight classes fight? Lesnar vs. Penn anyone?
In career mode you have opportunities to move up or down in weight class but other than that, no. We’re still as real as it gets. Until Brock Lesnar and BJ Penn fight in real life, they won’t fight in our game.

I say it every time but each time i see and read more about this it gets better

do wish you could be a pro in career mode and not be forced to CAF. Is career mode gonna be the same where if you are a muay-thai fighter for example you wont have access to a high kick till you have done a certain amount of sparring. I thought that was stupid and not realistic at all!

apart from worries about the career mode it sounds great. :)

I say it every time but each time i see and read more about this it gets better

Agreed. Can't wait!

EA MMA looks really robotic and lacks tons of transitional animations. Hopefully they'll be sorted before release.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can clearly see EA are using the same system that Fight Night is using. Every punch and kick are so slow. Looks shit. At least the UFC game have quick and nice looking attacks that have power in them.

This is how you setup your fighter moves. Looks alot better now and you can actually see the moves before you add them to your fighter. I like the way you can go to certain camps to learn a move then move onto another to learn different moves as well so every fighter should be different

YouTube - UFC Undisputed 2010 Move Acquisition Demo

Here a tournament video and it shows the new and very realistic pre fight build up and intro to the fights with the new stuff

YouTube - UFC Undisputed 2010 Tournament Demonstration Demo

The demo pits Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida, Rashad "Sugar" Evans and Quinton "Rampage" Jackson against one another in exhibition mode or offline tournament mode. THQ is promising more details soon.

Hopefully the 22nd rumour of the demo coming out is true, i can't wait for this game

I think it will be true, because they've said they want the demo to be out around a month before the game is released so the 22nd would fit that...

I think it will be true, because they've said they want the demo to be out around a month before the game is released so the 22nd would fit that...

The game is released on the 25th in the US 27th here so we might be waiting a few more days yet

Same here. To be honest, there's 100+ fighters already isn't there? The DLC fighters aren't that great anyway so I'll just wait until the DLC comes on the PSN store.

Did a standalone DLC ever come out for 2009?

I can't remember ever seeing one on Live

Did a standalone DLC ever come out for 2009?

I can't remember ever seeing one on Live

THQ said the DLC for UFC 2009 would be FOC after 90 days. This never happened. The DLC is there but there is a charge, and you only get Efrain Escudero and Ryan Bader.

Isnt the demo ready to hit any day now ? I've just read that there is an online Tournament you can access via the demo. Sounds awesome if it's true.

Back
Top Bottom