UEFA Euro 2008

I want faster button responses

I dont want faster player responses and thats what they have done and will spoil 09 if they leave it like this

I want faster button responses

I dont want faster player responses and thats what they have done and will spoil 09 if they leave it like this

Aye its only a little fear, but a fear none the less.

I think its just because its the new kid on the block, i'll betcha everyone will be moaning how easy it is in 3 months time and how it better be fixed for 09 :)

For me, the faster response times are vital. The delays in FIFA08 were horrible and contrived.

The problem is passing is now too easy, even on full manual. It's essentially only 8 directional for a start (except whnen it gets scripted to a different direction) and it's far too easy to first-time pass the ball around, even with your back to the receiver.

They need to work on making passing a genuine skill. First time passing should be hard, and virtually impossible for players in weaker teams to achieve, particularly when the player is not facing the receiver.

I'd like to see the ball freed up far more. I want to see far more passes genuinely into space, not scritped to got to the receiver. The whole thing still feels 80% scripted. It's better than PES pure scritped system, but not that much better.

I'll not be impressed if I go San Marino and am first-time passing my way around the pitch.

No, there is a difference between pressing pass and the player instantly passing it, and the player who receives it, instantly controlling it without blinking and being ready for the next command.

No, there is a difference between pressing pass and the player instantly passing it, and the player who receives it, instantly controlling it without blinking and being ready for the next command.

I have to disagree, if you replace the star players and put in the crap bench ones you will notice a huge difference in passing, reactions and speed skills. I think it´s quite obvious that quality players from top nationals have the ability to play fast paced soccer.
I think it would be more reasonable to wait for the full game and then make a proper judgement.

Last edited:
I have to disagree, if you replace the star players and put in the crap bench ones you will notice a huge difference in passing, reactions and speed skills. I think it´s quite obvious that quality players from top nationals have the ability to play fast paced soccer.
I think it would me more reasonable to wait for the full game and then make a proper judgement.

agree
u guys are judging it from a france x germany macth...
wait till u try playing faroe island x luxemburg

Coopz I am shocked that you don't like this demo - it's a fucking breath of fresh air. I played FIFA for an hour last night and it's S O O S L U G G I S H compared.

After watching Arsenal's swift passing against L'pool tonight I can see how I'd play like that on Euro 2008 but would never be able to play at that pace with FIFA 08 because of the poor response times.

Is it just me or are people now repeating the same point over and over and over again in this thread now?!

All I can say is Euro 2008 gives me that same feeling as playing PES back when it was the best..........

.............and thats good enough for me.

Im gonna have to post clips of me and my mate playing it becuase you lot obviously cant see how unrealistic the passing, dribbling and speed are

Either that or its becuase people like this game becuase its far far easier than Fifa

i think the latter is why people like it

I think you should because the game has some nice touches but the pace of the game is off, Fifa 09 better not be like this

Moving on, I noticed in all the videos I've seen so far, including videos of the full version, that celebration text is there when a goal goes in. Bit worrying.

Yeah tbh Jack I'm not a fan of the general graphic design of Euro 2008. It all seems a bit tacky to me and that celebration sign only adds to this. I prefer the design and layout of FIFA 08 - blacks and greys.

Moving on, I noticed in all the videos I've seen so far, including videos of the full version, that celebration text is there when a goal goes in. Bit worrying.

I brought this up while back when early videos come out poxy blue box pops up i understand once or twice but thats all that needed tbh.

I played Everybody's Golf the other day and noticed that the first 5-6 times I used the advanced swing I got a "how to play" guide. After that it disappeared so I'm hoping it's like that for Euro 2008 - but the videos don't suggest so.

Has anyone seen a goal video yet where that "CELEBRATE!" screen doesn't come up?

maybe it will be down to the profile thing

once a profile is saved, then it should know we have seen the pop up x amount of times and then not show it again

I hope to god we can turn it off. Takes so much from the realism. There needs to be a button you can press to skip it too. When you run with your arms out it can take about 10 seconds before it goes to the cutscene.

Back
Top Bottom