UEFA Euro 2008

I played Everybody's Golf the other day and noticed that the first 5-6 times I used the advanced swing I got a "how to play" guide. After that it disappeared so I'm hoping it's like that for Euro 2008 - but the videos don't suggest so.

Has anyone seen a goal video yet where that "CELEBRATE!" screen doesn't come up?

Yeah I had some where it did not show up and some where it does...no clue as why that is. On a funny note, i did pull off the robot with Henry, quite hilarious.

my 360 is back from m$ today...will download and give this a try!

Has anyone here who has experienced RROD ever had it again after it being repaired? Will be so cut if it does it again.

I agree with Bobby again. When we played in the CL games, I definately feel I could've done a lot better if the response times weren't so shit. I conceded silly goals because my defenders wouldn't clear the ball or react quick enough.

Though I suppose it works both ways ...

I was thinking last night, that "Online Tournament" option in the Xbox Live menu (the description says "16-team knockout") is probably the new Interactive Leagues mode. I was also thinking, it says "Online Career" - now if this is the list of games won drawn and lost (and all the other stats), usually that bit is in the user profile bit. Is there the possibility it could be something else do you reckon?

Last edited:
Im amazed just how excited I STILL get at the age of 24 over a Video Game... its fuckin nuts!!

i don't play many games, and normally only ever get excited over football ones

so this is an extra treat for me, having a decent enough footy game coming out while i wait for the big one

fifa 09

After playing FIFA last night for the first time since the Euro demo I can safely say FIFA is now history.:SHAKE:

I never realised how frustrating the response times were in FIFA. Euro 2008 is by far the better game and there's no going back now for me.

After playing FIFA last night for the first time since the Euro demo I can safely say FIFA is now history.:SHAKE:

I never realised how frustrating the response times were in FIFA. Euro 2008 is by far the better game and there's no going back now for me.

i still play fifa 5v5 everynight and it is still great even after playing euro...

If I play FIFA now I still enjoy it, but only up to a defender not clearing a ball properly or a shooting opportunity being missed because the striker takes a step too far. Then I realise how much I'm looking forward to Euro.

If I play FIFA now I still enjoy it, but only up to a defender not clearing a ball properly or a shooting opportunity being missed because the striker takes a step too far. Then I realise how much I'm looking forward to Euro.
Spot on JB.. thats my thoughts entirely. I do expect it to get harder when we play on Higher Difficulty levels but Online should be 10 times better than FIFA 08

I literally can't enjoy it - The players just feel so Slow and unresponsive. Its soooo Frustrating. I really feel like I am not controlling the players.

I have gone off of it a bit anyway - I like playing COD and Rainbow at the moment - I would rather play them. This means I am hardley playing Fifa - When I do its a league game which I lose - Because I haven't been practicing (and I'm shit) so its like a vicious circle!!

I usually fall in and out of love with Fifa - but for only an evening. This is the longest I have hated it for.

The Euro Demo has just been so refreshing - it is a tad too fast - but the response times are spot on.

I like to play a quick passing game playing a lot of triangles and give-and-go's, which I've found to be a joy in Euro (I know it is only semi-pro), but after playing my mate on FIFA last night I just found it so frustrating.:brick:

Constantly being caught in possession while you wait for the player to do what you want him to has started grate on me.:brick:

Really hope that I do get into this and enjoy it when it comes out. But if it does indeed turn out to be a fast paced, arcadey, goal frenzy then I won't be keeping it very long :((.

:) that is indeed the big one, then im sure we can all point and laugh at Konami's miserable effort that is PES 2009 and its EA's game for another year!

Yeah, FIFA09 could be something special. But I'm not dismissing PES09 just yet. I truly hope that Seabass and possibly more importantly, Konami, have had a serious wake-up call with the reception from the public (not the PES fawning press, unfortunately) for FIFA08. I'm quite sure Seabass has it within him to produce something spectacular if given the time to develop it.

btw DjDoc, are you going to do a video review for Euro08? I think you should do another "first impressions" review ala the GT5 one. I know some people criticised you for reviewing that game as you played it for the first time but that's what made it entertaining. No time to think, you just say it as you see it.

Yeah, FIFA09 could be something special. But I'm not dismissing PES09 just yet. I truly hope that Seabass and possibly more importantly, Konami, have had a serious wake-up call with the reception from the public (not the PES fawning press, unfortunately) for FIFA08. I'm quite sure Seabass has it within him to produce something spectacular if given the time to develop it.

btw DjDoc, are you going to do a video review for Euro08? I think you should do another "first impressions" review ala the GT5 one. I know some people criticised you for reviewing that game as you played it for the first time but that's what made it entertaining. No time to think, you just say it as you see it.

Yeah I still have hope for PES - I really don't care who makes the better game - I just want the best football game. I don't give a shit if it says Fifa or PES on it.

so u have told us 3 million times

You can never say it enough PES2008 SUX :)

Yeah I still have hope for PES - I really don't care who makes the better game - I just want the best football game. I don't give a shit if it says Fifa or PES on it.

You sir I agree with, as long as the game is good who cares what it says on the tin, lets leave the fanboy shyt to the birds

Back
Top Bottom