UEFA Euro 2008

Anyone knows if you can play be a pro through the tournament? If you can, and even play two players be a pro like in the demo, then this game is pretty much what I wanted FIFA 08 to be. It's a bit pacey, but I rather have that than the slow response times.

I'll try later during the night but for the moment it's "ok", not great for the moment but it's a good change (what I really expected in the PES series).

Speed is a bit too much but it's not a problem. But it makes me play in a way I don't want to. I don't want to just run forward and not built my actions. It's a strange feeling.

I love the shots power and all the rain effects (oh the hair !).

With time, I'm sure I'll love the demo, but it may not be enough to convince me to buy it at full price.

Game has been tested by Germanys two greatest Gamer magazine MAN!AC and Gamepro, Maniac has given 86%(PES2008=88%)and Gamepro has given 83%(PES2008 =89%) so both say best looking footballgame on Console, only gamepro says that the ballphysics are not 100% realistic and the response time is a litle bit late! Gamepro say PES2008 is the better game, more Fluid!

I have tested the Demo and i find this game great, it is not PES but PES goes like FIFA so, i will give this a chance! Game looks great and i find it has a good gameplay, allways when you play PES it feels othewise with FIFA in the discdrive! But Sorry after PES2008 i want something other especialy for online matches!and sorry but PES is faster than Euro 2008!

now that i played this very short demo to deth all night till 6am like a maniac,
i can give my honest ipression of UEFA Euro 2008.
firs of all i am happy to see that ea sport is improving they football game with every version, i hope that will still continue with fifa09 & in the future.
for me this is a great improvment comparing it to the fifa08 in every way, maybe not a big step up, but u can clearly see the problems fifa08 had, are improved in euro08, especialy the responsivnes, finally i can play the game all night with out hurting my fingers, or with out being frustrated, its very smoth & enjoyable gameplay.
what i liked the most gameplay wise is

*responsivnes

*players react better now in all situations, with or without the ball,

*u feel more in controll when u are controlling the player, such as when running, slowing down, or using the skillz (this is something ea has strugeled always)

*the passing & throwballs, length metter was something i always wanted it in pes game, u feel alot more in control when u pass, it works great & its very addictve. it feels great & realistic when u pull it off.

*players now fight for a good place te head the ball, this is another good addition.

* skillz now can be more usefull if u time it right, easyer to pull them off, this can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your preferences, i like it better now.

*now the prefect back four defenders do mistakes when u keep attacing and holding the ball well

other things that i liked is the weather, wet players look & they wet shirts, (but getting them get dirty could have ben better maybe in 09)the ingame camera, & the managers reaction are all looking great.

overall is a better game then fifa08 & the best football game on the market.

what i like to see improved for 09 is,
*the sliding tackle is something they really need to work on, it is getting better, as they add some nice animations, but need to be more efective usefull when u time it right with good deffenders, but also it has to be a good balance, so players don't over do it & slide always.

* free kicks also need to feel more natural, giving the player more options, like bringing 2players for the fk (like in pes) more variacion better it is + giving the stars the right fk stand & kick animation, it is importand if they aiming for realitic football game.

i still think they need to work more on the players states, for example traziget was as fast as henry, ofcourse u can tell the diference when u control a star or non star player, but i still want all the player to be accurate & feel realistic as they are in real life.

not many problems with the gameplay but there is alaways room for improvments,

sorry for the long read, the demo is great & i am sure the game will be, but i ll have pass on that due to the fact there is no clubs includet it doesn't cut it for me, but i can't wait for fifa09

Has anyone Posted a stadium list yet?
I'd like to know if Old trafford made an appearance, i'd love to play a rainy game there

I read somewhere that there is going to be some stadia from around Europe, not just those used for the tournament. I'm guessing EA will cut and paste a few stadia in from FIFA 08, probably Wembley, Berlin Olympic Stadium, Stadio Olympico, etc...

oh yeah, i do :). Your gonna have some kick ass fishing up in canada. NOrthern Pike... Do you texas, carolina, or drop shot rig the soft plastics?

i cant wait to start bassing this summer

I tend to use weighted jig heads so tie them direct to the main line and that does the job, if the plastic is small, and thus the weighted jig head is small I sometimes add 1 or 2 small bullet shots directly to the line above the jig head, they aid in casting and aren't felt by a fish on biting with them freely sliding up and down the line :)

4aa1f910-b7fa-4c87-a5dc-9c6a2d952f38_original.jpg

To be honest I prefer European fishing methods, as in float fishing as that's the fishing I did from being 8-31 in England and then the Czech Republic so will try to do that in Canada where places/conditions allow :)

Anyone knows if you can play be a pro through the tournament? If you can, and even play two players be a pro like in the demo, then this game is pretty much what I wanted FIFA 08 to be. It's a bit pacey, but I rather have that than the slow response times.

You mean as in Be a Pro through the tournament competition mode not the captain your country mode? Can't say I've seen that anywhere so your guess is as good as mine.......

Game has been tested by Germanys two greatest Gamer magazine MAN!AC and Gamepro, Maniac has given 86%(PES2008=88%)and Gamepro has given 83%(PES2008 =89%) so both say best looking footballgame on Console, only gamepro says that the ballphysics are not 100% realistic and the response time is a litle bit late! Gamepro say PES2008 is the better game, more Fluid!

I have tested the Demo and i find this game great, it is not PES but PES goes like FIFA so, i will give this a chance! Game looks great and i find it has a good gameplay, allways when you play PES it feels othewise with FIFA in the discdrive! But Sorry after PES2008 i want something other especialy for online matches!and sorry but PES is faster than Euro 2008!

I mean it is clear that reviews are still pesbiased, how can u possibly give 89% to such a broken crappy game.

Played the demo at my brothers yesterday.

- Dribbling and player movements much improved, dribbling made much more realistic and responsive, you can string together stuff better now. Also they included a new nice trickstick feint which is very welcome (LT + doubletap backleft or backright for a shot-feint type flick of the ball). I don't see any unrealistic aspect yet since FIFA doesn't seem to resort to physics cheating to make players be able to move faster than they should. As long as that isn't violated I'm good. Also less skilled players now drop the ball if you try too much skill moves, and have less control over the ball when doing skills.

- Shooting still dodgey. The ball always seems takes a high arch. You can't do those longshots that just rise and rise and go into goal without ever rising above the crossbar (too rare tendency for backspin on shots it would seem).

What I got so far.

Last edited:
Well I finally got it.

First of all it is simply georgeous to look at ingame. The frame rate is off the charts and everything is smooth - the pitch looks magnificent. Closeups arent as good as they have been in things like RTWC06. Im playing on all manual - I too think the shooting is too high arch and would like to see some ever rising riise/edman/seedorf type shots possible in F09. The passing in this version is odd. With the normal pass button, it kicks ass, however with the through ball (on manual) every single through ball is with the outside of the foot and IS NOT TRULY MANUAL. It seems to only have 8 directions or so and it gives me the shits. FIFA 08 had brilliant manual through balls and when i got good at it i could literally drop the ball on a 2 cent piece. These just feel scripted and weird - they end up going to opposition players 99% of the time. I remember this was a problem with F08 on assisted...but semi and manual solved the problem. Other than those two gripes - its a marked improvement...and just as they added quite a few new finesse shot animations i would like to see some new animations for normal shooting..it just gets tiresome seeing them try the same shots over and over and over and over and over.

PES2008 - 89%?

FIFA surpasses the ghastly PES2008 in every conceivable way - gameplay, on-line play, innovation, features, graphics, sound, licenses, longevity, updates.

Is a picture of an old man and a dog really worth so much?

Well I finally got it.

FIFA 08 had brilliant manual through balls and when i got good at it i could literally drop the ball on a 2 cent piece. These just feel scripted and weird - they end up going to opposition players 99% of the time. I remember this was a problem with F08 on assisted...but semi and manual solved the problem. Other than those two gripes - its a marked improvement...

99% of the guys here think the opposite way about those through passes... :)

*fingers crossed* We should have a video review over at FIFA Web a few days before release for the lads who have to wait a while for it.

:)

i dont believe any longer to the german magazines, all Guys there are PES FAns, so they never give Fifa a new chance. especialy for the test of the Xbox360 PES2008, there was no word about online laging, nothing! Only psalmes about gameplay and how good this game is! In every Fifa review they write it "the better footi Gme is PES2008, licences are not the same as an good gameplay"! I say if you play FIFA online this is an expirience, no lags no cheatings, no superbarca...nothing! If you can play you will win!

Finesse shots in this game suck, they do in Fifa as well really.
Only useful for 1 on 1 and that's only to make it look better because every 1 on 1 is a goal in Fifa and Euro if you just aim for a corner and tap the shot button.

Finesse shots need to be better in Fifa 09 I think, they could be made much more useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finesse shots in this game suck, they do in Fifa as well really.
Only useful for 1 on 1 and that's only to make it look better because every 1 on 1 is a goal in Fifa and Euro if you just aim for a corner and tap the shot button.

Finesse shots need to be better in Fifa 09 I think, they could be made much more useful.

no way...

the finese shot is amazing on this game, i can do so many variations of it.. which shooting setting have you got?

Assisted, every shot I take on semi or manual just goes wide :-pp Finesse shots should be placed right in the corners, not just slightly to the side of the goal, and semi or manual is way too fiddly to aim accurately.

Well there you go mate... finesse shots are amazing on semi and even better on manual. Of course they're gunna be rubbish on assisted.

Back
Top Bottom