UEFA Euro 2008

I think people are just seeing some bad points in game how good these games are they still can be tweaked hell of alot.

no fcuking way does every 1 on 1 situations end up a goal. I shoot normal and finesse and GK's pull of some good saves.

I haven't but I've seen people do it time and time again so it's obviously possible.

I just haven't practiced hitting finesse shots enough because it ruins the game for me seeing your keeper freeze up and watch them go in so often.

Would like to see them then if possible guys not that i dont beleive you more that i would like to see them. :))

Rounding the keeper is quite possible in Fifa08, I do it now and then, I did it the first day I played Fifa08 at GDCA at EA's booth ;) Would be annoying if it happened too easily as it did in PES (AFAIR), would be nice if occasionally you round the keeper only for him to take your legs away from you and get a straight red, if only, presumably Euro still has no red cards and no injuries for keepers, which is frankly shit.........

I'm by no means putting this game down, i'm just saying what I think could be improved.
I have only Fifa 08 game about a week and the Euro 2008 demo for a few days and I use assisted shooting on both, so it's probably no surprise I havn't seen many great finesse shots.

I am serious about the 1 on 1s, almost every time I get through on goal I score. Go fairly close to the keeper then just a tap on the shot button and aim away from the keeper and it's in...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to be fair to James it was (IMO) more a failure of the back four than James, there was really fuck all he could do once Analka was clean through, either stay on his line and pray, or run out and go for the ball, and pray ;)

Rob what skill level are you playing on? Are you playing as Coventry or a good team?

When I play offline I usually do challenge mode as a top team for that area against a shit one (e.g. Man Utd v Barnet) but I play online most of the time as a team equal to the one they choose or as Coventry.

The arena isn't really the best way to practice as it doesnt give a proper camera angle...

Rounding the keeper is quite possible in Fifa08, I do it now and then, I did it the first day I played Fifa08 at GDCA at EA's booth ;) Would be annoying if it happened too easily as it did in PES (AFAIR), would be nice if occasionally you round the keeper only for him to take your legs away from you and get a straight red, if only, presumably Euro still has no red cards and no injuries for keepers, which is frankly shit.........

did you round him or plow thru him? did it look realistic, in euro i pushed the player on direction then the other real quick and i faked him out as he fell..
in fifa you could do it, but i think the keeper AI was, how do you say, wank?

Quite right Bingham but I think people are not appreciating it enough and are picking silly little holes in a Semi Pro Demo...

"Nets dont move realistically.... bring on PES2009"

I hear what you are saying and personally really like this game. I believe it will without a doubt be the best next gen football game available - however you must realise that this game is still not perfect. people have a right to criticize......the shooting certainly isnt perfect hence why there are so many goals from crosses, the shooting arc has been commented on - i think personally the shooting on the winning eleven games (ps2) ws near perefect...and the nets as well!!;)) there are too stiff for my liking!

however it is certainly a step in the right direction overall and fifa 09 could be everything.

all this is my personal opinion of course just we think we have to be open to both critical acclaim and distain if we are going to have any influence in finally getting a decent next gen kick about!

I still think every sport game should give us the freedom to chose where the players off the ball need to run like in NHL 08 and PES 2008 wii.

Setting up specific set plays or having the chance to tell specific players how to move into space is gonna give a brand new approach to the game. Most of the times gols are decided by the cpu forward movements or lousy defending, not by our abilities to create a good opening and execute a good manual pass.

I still think every sport game should give us the freedom to chose where the players off the ball need to run like in NHL 08 and PES 2008 wii.

Setting up specific set plays or having the chance to tell specific players how to move into space is gonna give a brand new approach to the game. Most of the times gols are decided by the cpu forward movements or lousy defending, not by our abilities to create a good opening and execute a good manual pass.

At the very least give this to us on set pieces and corners.

I've been dying to have a game make it easy to bring up my defenders for set pieces and leave my wee midfielders in the back for years...

did you round him or plow thru him? did it look realistic, in euro i pushed the player on direction then the other real quick and i faked him out as he fell..
in fifa you could do it, but i think the keeper AI was, how do you say, wank?

I would dribble head on towards the keeper then at the last second push up left or up right to dink the ball past his forward lunge, and then tap in the net, or blaze over if I didn't use finesse and my player was off balance ;)

Most AI is wank in Fifa08 ;) At very the least it's all implemented in a very basic level, as witnessed by the shocking opposing manager AI in manager mode.....

Played it quite a bit. Enjoyed it.

Just wonder why they can't get the player models right. Is it that hard? Close up, the majority look big and odd shaped, plus the names and numbers on the back are again a mess. How many more Fifa games before they sort this out?

Though I find some problems with the game, and stated my major concerns about it some pages ago, I admit it's a very fun game to play and I would consider it the best football game alongside with fifa 08. The moaning is because of details that could be improved in my opinion (too much space between lines, lack of physical contact in most situations, too easy to dribble even vs. human)... These things have nothing to do with the difficulty level of the cpu AI, be it semi-pro or professional or whatever. These things are set in the core design of the game.

But, this is aimed specially and affectuously to Dj Doc, I like to play it even if it seemed I didn't and think there a very good points about it. Just that I would prefer a different approach on reaction times / dribblings / passing and make it rely a lot more on skill.

Maybe the biggest problem I have with the game is because in assisted or semi the game is too easy to play, too accurate, while in manual you've got only 8 directions and it's not as rewarding as fifa 08 was. And between both approaches, I still prefer it to be hard to build up play.

Played it quite a bit. Enjoyed it.

Just wonder why they can't get the player models right. Is it that hard? Close up, the majority look big and odd shaped, plus the names and numbers on the back are again a mess. How many more Fifa games before they sort this out?

Player models are just as weird in PES, I reckon.

Without the huge PES modding community, PES would look terrible.

My $.o2...

You can see from the responses he gives there that both himself and EA know what we want. For example, we want "South American football to feel different, [for] Southern European football to feel different to Northern European football". This is why I have hope that FIFA 09 will be an incredible game.

I just don't think Konami listen to anyone outside of Japan, and the European/American game will therefore suffer in the eyes of those buyers. There's even a warning on the Konami site somewhere saying that all suggestions are binned immediately - they must have had some bad experiences with people suggesting things and then suing because the ideas have been implemented and they've not received any money for them...

Back
Top Bottom