UEFA Euro 2008

They read this forum !

IGN: This game is a halfway house between FIFA 08 and FIFA 09, and as a full price release how would you allay fears of people who may be skeptical of buying the game due to its shorter shelf life?

Simon Humber: Personally, I'd buy it because it's the best game on the market. I realise that the tournament itself ends in June, but come July 1 it'll still be the best game on the market. We've got feedback from people who've played the demo and gone back to FIFA 08 and said they couldn't play it anymore, because they've got used to the increased responsiveness.

Simon Humber said:
"We've got feedback from people who've played the demo and gone back to FIFA 08 and said they couldn't play it anymore, because they've got used to the increased responsiveness."
This doesn't convince me to by this "update" with less teams and full price.
It's not a good argument.

Simon Humber said:
"FIFA and World Cup in theory could, but to do that you'd need to include so much that's special about the World Cup"
What is so special about that?

They're a business like any other, they're not going to combine things they can get away without combining... I wouldn't say "fucking EA", I'd say that's life. If Konami had the licenses you could bet they'd do it too.

I still haven't played the demo, but for those of you who have...

Are the Trees fixed..?

Meaning, when you pass a ball forward, do your players (often) sit stationary, waiting for the pass, oblivious to the defenders who run 15 meters, step in front and steal your pass.

All while your forwards/midfielders sit there growing roots..?

There's even a warning on the Konami site somewhere saying that all suggestions are binned immediately - they must have had some bad experiences with people suggesting things and then suing because the ideas have been implemented and they've not received any money for them...

I think it's because someone suggested they implement shark heads and turnip footballs and when they took up the suggestion, were taken aback when everyone went "wtf are they doing putting this crap in the game?".

I still haven't played the demo, but for those of you who have...

Are the Trees fixed..?

Meaning, when you pass a ball forward, do your players (often) sit stationary, waiting for the pass, oblivious to the defenders who run 15 meters, step in front and steal your pass.

All while your forwards/midfielders sit there growing roots..?
i would say yes

Listening to Simon Humber you'd think this game was the next coming. its not THAT good.

So wow they've increased responsiveness, which now means Makelele is actually quite nimble now. Really relaistic that.

Its too fast paced for my liking and im convinced its aimed squarely at the kids market while they are off in the summer. Im hoping it isnt what Fifa 09 will be, i want realism like what i stated earlier in my posts, its needs to be enjoyable but not 'fun' i want to experience footy realism and football as real as it is and loved the world over isnt game after game of exciting free flowing attacking football. I want to play hard fought draws, suffer last minute wins and defeats, be able to spank teams now and again when i just get in the groove and play some real scrappy affairs.

So far this game although only a demo hasnt hit me like the fifa08 demo did.

Last edited:
Listening to Simon Humber you'd think this game was the next coming. its not THAT good.

So wow they've increased responsiveness, which now means Makelele is actually quite nimble now. Really relaistic that.

Its too fast paced for my liking and im convinced its aimed squarely at the kids market while they are off in the summer. Im hoping it isnt what Fifa 09 will be, i want realism like what i stated earlier in my posts, its needs to be enjoyable but not 'fun' i want to experience footy realism and football as real as it is and loved the world over isnt game after game of exciting free flowing attacking football. I want to play hard fought draws, suffer last minute wins and defeats, be able to spank teams now and again when i just get in the groove and play some real scrappy affairs.

So far this game although only a demo hasnt hit me like the fifa08 demo did.
i think we should all breath deep and wait till you play against pro or world class or legendary before making any judgements, against humans i could play defense and it wasnt that arcadey, if EA marketd games towards kids they would go bankrupt.. video games are no longer "kids games" there too expensive

The thing that I'm really looking for in this game is for the entire fouling system to be overhauled. The lack of fouls and the unfair CPU advantages handed out by the referee have destroyed FIFA for me.

The demo shows that there some improvements to control and responsiveness but, FIFA 08 was a joke when it came to the lack of Red Cards and fouls in the game.

They're a business like any other, they're not going to combine things they can get away without combining... I wouldn't say "fucking EA", I'd say that's life. If Konami had the licenses you could bet they'd do it too.

The thing that I'm really looking for in this game is for the entire fouling system to be overhauled. The lack of fouls and the unfair CPU advantages handed out by the referee have destroyed FIFA for me.

The demo shows that there some improvements to control and responsiveness but, FIFA 08 was a joke when it came to the lack of Red Cards and fouls in the game.

Aaaargh not 2 of you!

Yeah. Ditto that. Trees are my first complaint, but the "play on" bug is inexcusable.

Some of the other features we all hope are fixed might take significant retooling of their engine, but the foul bug should be a straightforward fix.

If that simple feature isn't fixed in this iteration, then they suck and I hope they sell 3 copies.

He's using the word metaphorically in the sense that the players seem to stand as still as trees waiting for the ball while the defenders come in and nick the ball.
It's quite annoying, but the defenders in PES don't even try to intercept the ball most of the time and real defenders wouldnt stand there and let the striker have it...

He's using the word metaphorically in the sense that the players seem to stand as still as trees waiting for the ball while the defenders come in and nick the ball.
It's quite annoying, but the defenders in PES don't even try to intercept the ball most of the time and real defenders wouldnt stand there and let the striker have it...

In PES we have super cancel - which Fifa needs. It does still happen in Euro unfortunately. We need a PES super cancel in this game

In PES we have super cancel - which Fifa needs. It does still happen in Euro unfortunately. We need a PES super cancel in this game

There is a kind of super-cancel in FIFA/Euro08. It just doesn't work all the time, but now and then, you can use it to stop your player going on scripted runs. I don't really understand why they've implemented in such a way.

There is a kind of super-cancel in FIFA/Euro08. It just doesn't work all the time, but now and then, you can use it to stop your player going on scripted runs. I don't really understand why they've implemented in such a way.

Its Rubbish - Needs to be a million times better.

It's two buttons simultaneously. On my PS3 conifg (New Analog), L2 + R2 = Cancel. It is listed in the controls screen.

I think that's more for stopping your player from passing/shooting first time when they get to the ball if you pressed the button before but changed your mind.

I wonder if they will include injuries during the qualifying campaign. I'm not talking about injuries during games but injuries like "Henry was injured in his last league game for Barcelona and will miss the qualifier against Italy". That would be a cool adition to the game.

I have just had a quick go with shooting on semi on both Fifa and Euro, and the difference is immense.
Yes, more shots will go wide to start with but with some practice I think I will be a lot better because of it. On assisted, shots from wide positions aimed at the far corner are almost useless, with it on semi they can be placed closer to the corner and away from the keeper.
I have been practicing in the Arena on Fifa, it would be a lot harder to aim the a match on tele cam I presume.

EA could probably make an almost perfect football game if they wanted to with countless game modes and features with great gameplay, but they won't because if they did, there would be nothing new in the next version that people would buy it for if the previous version had it.
EA probably made Fifa unresponsive on purpose so that people would play the demo of the more responsive Euro 2008 and then persuade them to buy it because of this which = more £££ for EA. If Fifa was as good as Euro in the gameplay, hardly any of us would consider buying it...

This is where PES is falling on it's arse, it's becoming too samey every year with very few changes... People won't buy the same game year in year out...

It true but should that really be adopted i think best game should be made as possible. (I know EA not a charity but i dont think it should work like that thats all i think Euro 08 should be dlc addon but there we go)

I wouldnt say PES has come to its end its more the fact that EA done so much with there game it makes PES look like turd aging engine now fact is Konami become complacent and lazy thinking they had nought to do now they have red faces because EA with Fifa surpassed there game.

EA could probably make an almost perfect football game if they wanted to with countless game modes and features with great gameplay, but they won't because if they did, there would be nothing new in the next version that people would buy it for if the previous version had it.
EA probably made Fifa unresponsive on purpose so that people would play the demo of the more responsive Euro 2008 and then persuade them to buy it because of this which = more £££ for EA. If Fifa was as good as Euro in the gameplay, hardly any of us would consider buying it...

This is where PES is falling on it's arse, it's becoming too samey every year with very few changes... People won't buy the same game year in year out...

No no , i dont think so...Pes desaster started with next gen and especialy there online lags and bugs ( they have changed to much to make it for the masses)! I beginnig only Freaka played PES, Now everyone wants it! And to steel some Fifaplayers the go FIFALIKE!But Fifa comes closer to PES and thats good! But also dont forget, its a company and they want our Money! Nothing else!

Last edited:
I wouldnt say PES has come to its end its more the fact that EA done so much with there game it makes PES look like turd aging engine now fact is Konami become complacent and lazy thinking they had nought to do now they have red faces because EA with Fifa surpassed there game.

Konami had it coming.

Everyone said that it was only a matter of time before EA caught up. With the licenses and massive development team at their disposal, EA have always had the potential to create a football game that could blow PES out of the water. I think with FIFA 08 it came sooner than Konami had anticipated.

Serves them right for complacency.

Back
Top Bottom