UEFA Euro 2008

WE did awesome in Japan, with next-gen sales around 400k, and PS2 sales close to a million - as usual. Wii not as good, I think around 70k.

At first I thought it was bad news that the game sold so well as Konami desperately need to improve, but those guys realise that they need to.

1. Goals from long range are pretty easy actually, I've scored plenty.

2. Keepers in PES can have the ball morph through their chest and into the net, is that realistic?

3. Compared to PES Fifa is extremely realistic, sure it's not as 100% realistic as it could be but it's moving in the right direction, unlike PES.

I didn't compare euro 08 and pes08...

I wrote some words about Euro 08 and the differences between this demo and Fifa08 (some people think that fifa08 is sim and i totally disagree)

I love EURO 08 and i think that it's the best soccer game at the moment.

The videogame will ship to stores across Europe on April 11 and will be available in North America on May 20 in anticipation of the real-world tournament which begins in June in Austria and Switzerland.

EA Announcement about euro 08, with release dates above

This is interesting, from the newly released Euro 2008 Factsheet.....

eurospecskm9.jpg

so does this mean it is out on the 11th? or ready to ship for sale on the 18th, as listed on many sites as release date!

Last edited:
Lets face it with their history, both EA and Konami could bring out crap titles for a few years and still get big sales... but they wont get growth.
I can't believe Konami is so shortsighted to think they did well last year. If they want to sell as much as last years they should improve a lot. I might assume they tried FIFA and UEFA 2008 overthere, just to see what the concurrent is doing?
Just because of this factor I am happy that EA is improving so much. Konami have to react on this if they don't want to loose their fans...

Lets face it with their history, both EA and Konami could bring out crap titles for a few years and still get big sales... but they wont get growth.
My main fear at the moment.

FIFA is taking the right steps, which will encourage them to tweak as little as possible so that people still buy it. PES needs a complete change but if it's done well in Japan, and we get the same game, then we'll only get the same game again next year. Although Adonis has just said they do realise it's had a poor reception and needs fixing, so perhaps Konami will overtake again this time next year. It's going to be interesting.

To be honest even if PES massively improves their gameplay I really don't think I can go back to playing with the same few teams I have no affiliation with in the same few leagues in the same shallow master league, being able to play as the actual team I support in Fifa is a massive thing to me.

Funny you should say that, I'll just copy and paste a response to Nick Cave on another forum who said he's worried about the lack of teams and competitions in Euro 08.

---

I couldn't go back to PES now, although saying that I have been tempted to rent PES2008 purely for the reaction times.

I only play with the same teams on FIFA anyway, the years I wanted lower league teams and in the end I would always play a Premier League because you get a big variety of commentary and stadia (rather than the same commentary over and over, and TWO stadia to play in in League One). If you buy a game you want the full experience.

So the lack of teams doesn't put me off, I've only ever played with Liverpool, Portsmouth, Tottenham and Bayern in FIFA 08 (plus the odd test game with Tranmere), so it makes no difference to me to play Euro 08 with England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales (plus the odd test game with Croatia).

same conversation over two forums JB ;)), I see what your saying but at least you get a season, Even on PES, where you only had the very bare bones of a league system, you had cups etc. On 08 you had a lot more, even if some of it was stupidly flawed..
How many time in a row can you just play the UEFA cup I wonder?

Funny you should say that, I'll just copy and paste a response to Nick Cave on another forum who said he's worried about the lack of teams and competitions in Euro 08.

---

I couldn't go back to PES now, although saying that I have been tempted to rent PES2008 purely for the reaction times.

I only play with the same teams on FIFA anyway, the years I wanted lower league teams and in the end I would always play a Premier League because you get a big variety of commentary and stadia (rather than the same commentary over and over, and TWO stadia to play in in League One). If you buy a game you want the full experience.

So the lack of teams doesn't put me off, I've only ever played with Liverpool, Portsmouth, Tottenham and Bayern in FIFA 08 (plus the odd test game with Tranmere), so it makes no difference to me to play Euro 08 with England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales (plus the odd test game with Croatia).
good god how do you not get bored?

same conversation over two forums JB ;)), I see what your saying but at least you get a season, Even on PES, where you only had the very bare bones of a league system, you had cups etc. On 08 you had a lot more, even if some of it was stupidly flawed..
How many time in a row can you just play the UEFA cup I wonder?
True, but if you played online you have Online Leagues (which works like a normal league system), you have Interactive Leagues (not a fan but it's a different mode), offline you have Euro 2008 QUALIFIERS, which is a lot of games, plus Euro 2008 itself, and the "captain your country" Be A Pro mode.

True it's the same teams over and over but like I say, I only used the same teams over and over in FIFA anyway!

good god how do you not get bored?
If you like a team you like a team, you know their strengths and weaknesses etc. - I just don't find it fun using a team I know nothing about (might as well play as PES United versus WE United because for all I know the players are fake players who don't really exist, if you see what I mean), unless it's Football Manager because then you have the opportunity to change the whole team (inside out, players staff training and everything) to your liking.

Last edited:
Three times you've asked that now, do you not realise you can just download it from the PS3 store?

Three times you've asked that now, do you not realise you can just download it from the PS3 store?
When i was asked from what country i wanted to have my user in Playstation network, I picked Iceland and always when i try to enter Ps3 Store, I et this message." Playstation Store is not available for this selected country or region."

So i have to download the demo and move it to Ps3 somehow. ;))

Make another account with a fake address in the UK, it's extremely easy and legal. Just put your email address as misternothing@somewhereintheuk.co.uk, full name as Jack Bauer, address as 1 Lemon Grove, Toxteth, Liverpool, Merseyside, L8 0SJ (that's a ZERO not a letter O). Then you have access to the normal European store that everyone else gets.

Last edited:
Yes, yes it is. I have just given out my address for everyone to see, which I have no problems with whatsoever, because everyone on this forum is so kind and trustworthy.

Of course it's not my address. It isn't even a real address. But the PS3 should accept it.

I just finished playing my first ten or so games with Euro 08 and I do think it's an improvement.

Trees (the metaphorical ones) were my biggest gripe and they're MASSIVELY improved on this version. So much so that I went with manual passing from my second game through the end and, because players will move to balls, it really made (IMO) full manual gameplay viable. Loved that.

They did not fix the "play on" glitch. I ended doing my very best CW imitation, and manged to fell three Germans in one sequence (but let them keep the ball) and no one got booked.

That sucks.

Also it does play (IMO) about 15% too fast. It's not necessarily "arcadey" but it's awfully darn close.

You'd think with Euro being a "best of the best" tournament, the player models might be a bit more accurate (have you seen Trezeguet?!)

Overall, it's a definite improvement, and if FIFA 09 continues to improve then we might well look at FIFA 08 as the first nail in the PES coffin.

With fewer and fewer folks making PCs their gaming platform of choice, and more folks taking up with consoles, the license factor is going to be increasingly huge IF the gameplay improvements hold up.

If, OTOH, they go with typical EA gameplan of adding flash and textures and graphical "wows" at the expense of gameplay, then the battle for football dominance between PES and FIFA might still end up on PES's side...
:applaud:

Make another account with a fake address in the UK, it's extremely easy and legal. Just put your email address as misternothing@somewhereintheuk.co.uk, full name as Jack Bauer, address as 1 Lemon Grove, Toxteth, Liverpool, Merseyside, L8 0SJ (that's a ZERO not a letter O). Then you have access to the normal European store that everyone else gets.
Thanks alot Jack. You really are a legend.! :w00t:
But one question..How do i make a new account?

Go to Users (far-left icon on the PS3 main menu) and click "Create New User". Call it the same as your current username but with UK on the end, e.g. "Kallinn UK". Then log off, log on as that new user, go to PlayStation Store and it will ask you to start the sign-up process.

When it asks for the details, put the details I've given above in, when it asks for a PSN name put something like "FutureDaddyUK" or whatever you want - it doesn't matter because you only use it for downloading. Once you've got whatever you want, log in with your NORMAL account and then play whatever you've downloaded.

Have fun.

Hey..Another problem. I´ve done what you said Jack, and after i´ve choosen to make an Sub Account, then i have to say my Email adress and make a password. But if i use the exaccly the same Email and password as on the NORMAL account, there comes a message wich says "The country/region does not match that for the associated master account. Please enter the same country Country/reion as for the master account. Please try again later."

And i created a new hotmail and i subscribed that in the UK and when i add my New hotmail in the Adress box and create a password in the password box. I get this message, "The sign-in ID and password combination is not correct. Please check your entries carefully."

What should i do? :(

Firstly, make a master account and not a sub account.

Secondly, don't use a real email address. Put anything in, it doesn't matter, as long as it's in the form of a real email address. This is why I suggested misternothing@somewhereintheuk.co.uk.

If you still have problems let me know. I suggest you PM me because we're cluttering up the thread here!

Back
Top Bottom