UEFA Euro 2008

Thats it after playing Euro for a while and then playing Fifa just now - I Hate Fifa!!!!

The response times are FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

Its so nice in Euro to hit the shoot button and you know what he does straight away?!!!!!!.........HE FUCKING SHOOTS STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!

And do you know what the player does when you press pass?!!!...........HE FUCKING PASSES THE BALL STRAIGHT A"MOTHERFUCKING"WAY!!!!!!

And when a Professional footballer controls the ball............IT DOESN"T TAKE HIM HALF AN HOUR TO CONTROL THE FUCKING THING (LIKE A FUCKING 2 YEAR OLD!!!!) TO ALLOW A MEMBER OF THE OPPOSITE TEAM TO GET IT OFF OF YOU!!!!

They are simple concepts I know but Fifa fails at them considerably.

I really do hate Fifa - I only just realised after playing this Demo. I wish I didn't play it till after I played my league games though.

Brunnoce! Off-topic, but what's Guilherme like for Cruzeiro? I signed him for Atletico Madrid for £11m on Football Manager and the boy's a genius!

Thats it after playing Euro for a while and then playing Fifa just now - I Hate Fifa!!!!

The response times are FUCKING TERRIBLE!!!

Its so nice in Euro to hit the shoot button and you know what he does straight away?!!!!!!.........HE FUCKING SHOOTS STRAIGHT AWAY!!!!!

And do you know what the player does when you press pass?!!!...........HE FUCKING PASSES THE BALL STRAIGHT A"MOTHERFUCKING"WAY!!!!!!

And when a Professional footballer controls the ball............IT DOESN"T TAKE HIM HALF AN HOUR TO CONTROL THE FUCKING THING (LIKE A FUCKING 2 YEAR OLD!!!!) TO ALLOW A MEMBER OF THE OPPOSITE TEAM TO GET IT OFF OF YOU!!!!

They are simple concepts I know but Fifa fails at them considerably.

I really do hate Fifa - I only just realised after playing this Demo. I wish I didn't play it till after I played my league games though.

thank you bobby, YOU ARE CORRECT SIR!

Bobby's post is great. Faster pace or not, reaction times are key and in 08, they are atrocious. Euro has them spot on I reckon :)

Some of you are moaning about it yet I guarantee EVERY ONE OF YOU will buy it.

How can you moan about this when:

1. You've only played a 4 minute demo on SEMI-PRO difficulty and
2. You've forked out for average games like Army of Two, Burnout Paradise etc?

:)

Im moaning becuase this is more like PES than fifa

Fifa is a simulation, in PES the AI do most of the work and in Euro 08 the AI doin most of the stuff for you as well

Bobby's post is great. Faster pace or not, reaction times are key and in 08, they are atrocious. Euro has them spot on I reckon :)

I agree. Shooting mechanics and response times are exactly what I begged EA to fix in the final version of FIFA 08. That was basically the major let down and killer for me aside from other little annoying things.

Having said that, I am playing the demo to no end over and over and over again. I play on "All Manual" with Shooting on "Semi" and it's a thing of beauty.

Love the graphics, animations and it feels like it has lots of depth in terms of gameplay.

And finally, I'm sorry but I have to say it, they fixed the net animations!!!!

Woooohooo!

Roll on 5/19 release date!

Last edited:
Brunnoce! Off-topic, but what's Guilherme like for Cruzeiro? I signed him for Atletico Madrid for £11m on Football Manager and the boy's a genius!

He will be a great player...its already showing it but still has to develop specially his consistency.

anyways, anyone know about a store that deliveries to brazil?

Completely agree with Bobby. It's so good to have the players finally do what you want. In Fifa, the players control the ball so slowly and I didn't realise until playing Euro.

Im moaning becuase this is more like PES than fifa

Fifa is a simulation, in PES the AI do most of the work and in Euro 08 the AI doin most of the stuff for you as well

the only reason fifa is considered a simulation is because they simulate real football with shity response times, so they game seems more like a real game,yet the jokes on us cause of the shitty response times, its impossible to consistently put together good attacks, and attacks break down because of poor touches and shitty response times, reall footballers can pass when they want too, so why cant we? how is that a SIM?. Am i wrong here? look i wish EA would implement better AI to create a better simulation, not scripted radnom response times to create an illusion that the game is a sim. Fifa was fun while it lasted but after player euro i think we all realize that response times were a BIGGER issue then we all wanted to admit...

I agree. Shooting mechanics and response times are exactly what I begged EA to fix in the final version of FIFA 08. That was basically the major let down and killer for me aside from other little annoying things.

Having said that, I am playing the demo to no end over and over and over again. I play on "All Manual" with Shooting on "Semi" and it's a thing of beauty.

Love the graphics, animations and it feels like it has lots of depth in terms of gameplay.

And finally, I'm sorry but I have to say it, they fixed the net animations!!!!

Woooohooo!

Roll on 5/19 release date!

man, where u going to import the game from?

the only reason fifa is considered a simulation is because they simulate real football with shity response times, so they game seems more like a real game,yet the jokes on us cause of the shitty response times, its impossible to consistently put together good attacks, and attacks break down because of poor touches and shitty response times, reall footballers can pass when they want too, so why cant we? how is that a SIM?. Am i wrong here? look i wish EA would implement better AI to create a better simulation, not scripted radnom response times to create an illusion that the game is a sim. Fifa was fun while it lasted but after player euro i think we all realize that response times were a BIGGER issue then we all wanted to admit...

er... thats what happens when you play football...if it didnt the games would be like cricket scores.

Im sure every player in the world wants to pass correcly and carefully and do what they want with a ball but it just doesnt happen which makes it all the more sweeter when it succeeds.

Thats the beauty of the game. It would get boring very quickly if you could successfully achieve what you wanted in the game all the time. thats where fifa fell on its arse in the past. Spectacular goals where too easy. Tricks where too easy. Dribbling was too easy.

They dumbed down the a.i on this version because in Fifa 08 defenders hardly stand around admiring your running they close you down. Last night Anelka waltzed past three german defenders and they all stood and watched.

I wanna be frustrated at my inability to finish a team off, i wanna be angry at missing a golden chance or pissed at a mislaid pass.

because when i curl in a 35 yarder from a lovely passing move, which doesnt happen a lot i can savour the moment.

Some of you guys want it too easy.

Last edited:
er... thats what happens when you play football...if it didnt the games would be like cricket scores.

Im sure every player in the world wants to pass correcly and carefully and do what they want with a ball but it just doesnt happen which makes it all the more sweeter when it succeeds.

Thats the beauty of the game. It would get boring very quickly if you could successfully achieve what you wanted in the game all the time. thats where fifa fell on its arse in the past. Spectacular goals where too easy. Tricks where too easy. Dribbling was too easy.

They dumbed down the a.i on this version because in Fifa 08 defenders hardly stand around admiring your running they close you down. Last night Anelka waltzed past three german defenders and they all stood and watched.

I wanna be frustrated at my inability to finish a team off, i wanna be angry at missing a golden chance or pissed at a mislaid pass.

because when i curl in a 35 yarder from a lovely passing move, which doesnt happen a lot i can savour the moment.

Thats it though - I would say 85% of the goals scored against me are because the computer would not let me do what I wanted to do - what my button commanded it to do.

If I mislaid a pass fair enough - but at least let me be able to control my player properly so he can actually pass!!!

Basically when I played the old good PES - When I played people and they beat me - 90% of the time they deserved it or I made a mistake etc.

In Fifa I feel that around 85% of the time if a guy beats me its because the computer fucked it up - or wouldn't let me do something.

For example a hoof out of defence. In Fifa it takes you so long to control it and then be able to hoof it away - an opposing player comes in and gets the ball. This happens more often than not. So much so that players play more over teh head balls in Fifa because they know if the defender controls it - the attacker can just run at them and get the ball - quite easily.

In our league we have great players of Fifa - But I do think they are great because they manipulate the flaws of the game more. That shouldn't be how it is, You should be good because you play the better football.

(Not putting down any of the players in the league - you probably are just as good at all other football games and will be just as good on Euro 2008)

In real life or in Euro the player turns and hoofs all in one motion - Thats what they are meant to do - thats reality.

I just think Fifa isn't much of a Sim when you don't have the freedom to do what you want with the player.

Goddammit, the demo is on SEMI-PRO!!!

Thats spot on

with these super fast reaction times we have now its took the realism away becuase i can make 20 passes even through players and at weird angles without even controlling the ball now

How can you pass a ball behind you without controlling it first or falling over anyway :))

I have said countless times that all i am playing is multiplayer

maybe the multiplayer cpu side is still using a weaker AI, the same as semi pro is, cos there just as shit

maybe its all part of Ea's big plan to draw new customers in, pes players and the ones who cannot get a grip with fifa 08..

then they will hit people hard with a fine release of fifa 09

Thats it though - I would say 85% of the goals scored against me are because the computer would not let me do what I wanted to do - what my button commanded it to do.

If I mislaid a pass fair enough - but at least let me be able to control my player properly so he can actually pass!!!

Basically when I played the old good PES - When I played people and they beat me - 90% of the time they deserved it or I made a mistake etc.

In Fifa I feel that around 85% of the time if a guy beats me its because the computer fucked it up - or wouldn't let me do something.
Amen brother. Spot, fucking, on.

I keep saying it but when two guys play eachother on this, who are excellent at the game, it will be a really tight affair because A) they're skilful and B) because WHEN THEY PRESS THE BUTTON, IT DOES IT. Bottom line. Whereas on FIFA, sometimes one guy would win because the player wouldn't clear, sometimes the other guy would win because the defender chested the ball into his own net (fuck me I hate it when that happens).

The game is better than FIFA, no doubt in my mind for a minute. Just a shame that it's too fast, but I can live with that. I've lived with shit-slow reactions, so I can live with shit-off-a-shovel players.

Last edited:
Amen brother. Spot, fucking, on.

I keep saying it but when two guys play eachother on this, who are excellent at the game, it will be a really tight affair because A) they're skilful and B) because WHEN THEY PRESS THE BUTTON, IT DOES IT. Bottom line. Whereas on FIFA, sometimes one guy would win because the player wouldn't clear, sometimes the other guy would win because the defender chested the ball into his own net (fuck me I hate it when that happens).

The game is better than FIFA, no doubt in my mind for a minute. Just a shame that it's too fast, but I can live with that. I've lived with shit-slow reactions, so I can live with shit-off-a-shovel players.

a hell of a lot questioning over fifa's value here....
I intend to get a console just for that game and always someone has to say somethink bad for the game.

Last edited:
Im gonna have to post clips of me and my mate playing it becuase you lot obviously cant see how unrealistic the passing, dribbling and speed are

Either that or its becuase people like this game becuase its far far easier than Fifa

i think the latter is why people like it

Im gonna have to post clips of me and my mate playing it becuase you lot obviously cant see how unrealistic the passing, dribbling and speed are

Either that or its becuase people like this game becuase its far far easier than Fifa

i think the latter is why people like it

post some clips...

just out of interest!

Nope. I like it because when i press the button it actually works. It does what i want it to do. Apart from that everything looks the same to me with a bit more animations added. I'm not going to put a final judgment on euro 2008 yet as its only a demo.

Maybe EA did this on purpose because its only a 2min half match and putting it on a harder level would end up being frustrating as you wouldn't be able to do crap.

My main gripe for FIFA 08 was the button lag/responsiveness. The demo showed its been sorted and i'm happy. Other than that and for final judgment i'll have to wait for the full game.

Back
Top Bottom