UEFA Euro 2008

Cheers Tim.

That explains why it doesnt feel as playable as Fifa 08.
Yeah, I feel the same mate. Hopefully FIFA09 will be the same as 08, but just a bit more responsive.

I really don't know what to do with Euro08, I don't want to pay £40 for it, play it once and think it's shit. But then I also don't want to miss out on the Evo Web Leagues and stuff... :SS

I really really really hope they get rid of the blue box that comes up for celebrations. Ruins a very cool feature.

I really don't understand the 2 min limit. At least give us a proper default game of 4/5/6 mins or whatever it's set at in the full game.

I just put passing on Manual and have noticed a HUGE difference. The passing is so much more realistic now and it doesnt feel like PES. This is the way to play. I've now got everything on manual but shooting on semi. It's not so easy now and feels amazing to play.

I just put passing on Manual and have noticed a HUGE difference. The passing is so much more realistic now and it doesnt feel like PES. This is the way to play. I've now got everything on manual but shooting on semi. It's not so easy now and feels amazing to play.

EXACTLY what I said last night :LOL: Are you noticing you seem to have less space for your players?

Yeah, I feel the same mate. Hopefully FIFA09 will be the same as 08, but just a bit more responsive.

I really don't know what to do with Euro08, I don't want to pay £40 for it, play it once and think it's shit. But then I also don't want to miss out on the Evo Web Leagues and stuff... :SS

You wont mate. Quite easily the best footy game out there. Well worth the money to put you on until Fifa '09

The demo is 2 minutes a half to keep us all wanting more. EA are not stupid.

Same time it doesn't give good enough picture of the game. Same as if you would have shooter demo with just one enemy who would be just standing around.

Anyone seen any reviews of this yet?

I bet it still gets rated down by the pes-loving games media.

Well put it this way, my friend at work is a PES die-hard. told him to try the demo. comes in today saying it is okay but not anywhere near PES's level. He doesnt see the faults in PES though, thinks it is a near perect
football game..

Another guy at my bro's work tried the demo and loves it. He put on PES 2008 afterwards and turned it straight off after playing 1 match saying he cannot play that game anymore..

This has probably been mentioned before but no wonder Euro 2008 is so good and EA are breaking new ground when they try so hard to achieve perfection! just spent some time on their forums where they have a thread dedicated to fans posting their ideas for the next game.

brilliant.

konami are toast.

I blame EA and their shit 2 minute a half Semi Pro difficulty demo
Yep, pretty much. Leaves us frustrated as hell, not wanting more!

I may have to give this a go tonight. But I bet at least 75% of people who play online in ranked matches wouldn't use manual :((.

You wont mate. Quite easily the best footy game out there. Well worth the money to put you on until Fifa '09
Yea, cheers mate :)). As FIFA09s not out until like September then I'll be buying Euro :)).

Well put it this way, my friend at work is a PES die-hard. told him to try the demo. comes in today saying it is okay but not anywhere near PES's level. He doesnt see the faults in PES though, thinks it is a near perect
football game..

Another guy at my bro's work tried the demo and loves it. He put on PES 2008 afterwards and turned it straight off after playing 1 match saying he cannot play that game anymore..
I don't know whether you want to read into this or not, but I know somebody who works for a games company (can't say too much as he's my "contact" as well), and his office (remember these people play games 24/7) were PES nuts up until FIFA 08. I worked there for a while, if you said "FIFA" you would get laughed at, and completely shunned. You'd never say it unless you wanted to sit alone for the day.

Then they got hold of FIFA 08 in the office - and now only 2 (out of 30) still play PES. And even then, it's PES2008 on PS2, not the next-gen game. Everyone else is playing FIFA, and looking forward to UEFA.

VERY little differance. THOUGH I can see a minor detail upgrade in anti alasing with the 360 version looking better. In honest i saw the ps3 versiona nd it's actually Ok, BUT the ps3 version of Fifa08 looks better than euro2008 so....who knows whats going on huh?
That looks more like Frankenstien the Ballack.

Looks like ill have to try everything on Manual and Broadcast cam to see if it feels less PES like

Are you for real? to me this feels like a Tweaked FIFA 08!! they have quickened up Responsiveness and overall sharpened up things like the passing and Shooting.... UEFA CL's shooting was so darn scripted it was untrue!!

Mate its lost its simulation feel and depth. the pace was right already. Its now quicker and as a result more arcadey which makes sense as this will be aimed at the kids bored in the summer.

Its playable like but its definetely more arcade like, theres no vary in pace its very fast.

In fifa you can speed attacks and slow attacks down.

Some of you are moaning about it yet I guarantee EVERY ONE OF YOU will buy it.

How can you moan about this when:

1. You've only played a 4 minute demo on SEMI-PRO difficulty and
2. You've forked out for average games like Army of Two, Burnout Paradise etc?

:)

Ive been playing 08 on manual passing for ages its so much better.

Everything on manual (as in FIFA 08) and coop-cam is brilliant. The only thing that still bother me is that the players are slightly too fast and the goalkeepers is shit, worse than FIFA 08 (or well, "better" but less realistic).

Broadcast cam is only good to look at. It's not great for gameplay because the angles aren't dead in the middle so aiming crosses is quite difficult. Fun ever now and again though. I say stick with co-op cam Coopz

Some of you are moaning about it yet I guarantee EVERY ONE OF YOU will buy it.

How can you moan about this when:

1. You've only played a 4 minute demo on SEMI-PRO difficulty and
2. You've forked out for average games like Army of Two, Burnout Paradise etc?

:)

:SAL: well said! i think UEFA08 will be a good game and most of all FUN ! do we remember when Football games where fun? Jumpers for goal posts ect.........:redscarf:

Just think how much fun we had on PES before (that's why we're here, because we liked PES) and that has always been a fast paced arcadey game (compared to Fifa 08).
If games like this were 100% realistic they would be boring, there would be very few goals (usually people play 10 minute matches, how many goals are there in the first 10 minutes of matches) and it's not like people have enough time to play 90 minute matches...

Back
Top Bottom