UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Benfica? What happened there? :CONFUSE:
Why is Cardozo upfront on his own, where is that offensive quator they had last year? Paris won the match within 30 minutes, then they pulled out the hand brakes and engaged their "Barcelona" mode.

Marković should've been a starter tonight as he was the only one actually playing...

Benfica? What happened there? :CONFUSE:
Why is Cardozo upfront on his own, where is that offensive quator they had last year? Paris won the match within 30 minutes, then they pulled out the hand brakes and engaged their "Barcelona" mode.

Marković should've been a starter tonight as he was the only one actually playing...

THIS.

Busquits getting in the face of the ref again all night, an utter utter cunt.

Agreed, Sergio Biscuits is one of the most despicable players I've seen in that respect (play acting and crowding the ref).

Well, Bayern took Man City to school tonight. Really one sided affair!

ibprDAIwMEx9QV.gif

Probably my favorite scene yesterday. :)

My favourite moment was when the Bayern fans were singing louder than the City fans...oh wait.

Last edited:
Nightmare, this brings back very bad memories...i was also a GK and once had something similar, well even more embarassing...

yea, it was totally ridiculous. but at least it didn't lead to an opponent sent off.

benzema's f'n finally subbed off. what a waste of a striker.

hey, Chiellini was the last defender, and he clearly went to Ronaldo, not the ball, so : RED CARD. it's simple.
otherwise, it would be only YELLOW !

Chiellini decision a farce. Penalty not much better either.

Speaking of farce, lol at the Benfica game

Last edited:
I think the penalty was a valid penalty, he had his hands all over him and his hands were pretty high up, it wasnt a case of two players "jockying" for position and in the end he actually dragged him down by the sholder. Doing something like that in Europe is always running a risk, they did that a lot against Celtic in the first leg last year and got away with it, but there was a lot of coverage and debate about it so in a sense they had a warning. I would say the penalty in Leverkusen v Shakhtar was more questionable than the Real v Juve one. I agree that the red card was very soft though.

Exactly, it's okay doing it against little old Celtic where the refs are breeking their pants in case they have to award a decision against a big team, try it against Madrid or other of the big Spanish, German or English team then good luck.

FD

I think the penalty was a valid penalty, he had his hands all over him and his hands were pretty high up, it wasnt a case of two players "jockying" for position and in the end he actually dragged him down by the sholder. Doing something like that in Europe is always running a risk, they did that a lot against Celtic in the first leg last year and got away with it, but there was a lot of coverage and debate about it so in a sense they had a warning. I would say the penalty in Leverkusen v Shakhtar was more questionable than the Real v Juve one. I agree that the red card was very soft though.

yeah the red card was uncalled for, but chiellini should have been smarter about it. he should have known that, in that situation, if u get near ronaldo with your elbows even just a little bit higher than usual, he's gonna fall to the ground. besides u can clearely see that, as both players were running towards the ball, chiellini was much more focused on ronaldo than on the ball itself. the ref certainly noticed that too, and as soon as he saw ronaldo falling, he made up his mind.
i would never give a red card for that, but i wouldn't call it a scandalous call.
it was a shame though, as the game was quite entertaining up until that point....then the red card completely ruined it (at least for every neutral fan). i hate when the refs ruin a game like this, but in this occasion, chiellini is just as much to blame as the ref imo.... if not more.

as for the penalty, it seems pretty clear to me. yeah we see scenes like this one very often, but like u said, in uefa matches u usually get a penalty awarded for this sort of contacts. if u and i know it, then chiellini definitely knows it too, so once again, he's to blame and not the ref.

however the comparison with the celtic match doesn't hold up imo. i think the reason why juve players got away with it against celtic was because celtic players acted like annoying little pricks on every single corner. the ref probably saw it, and rather than start waving around red cards for both celtic and juve players, he decided to let it go.
yesterday was different. ramos never really provoked chiellini in any manner. giorgio simply dragged him down, so it's hard to question the ref's call.

Not sure if Olympiakos could get a better gk xD
Two penalties god damn -.-

He has saved 2 penalties, so UEFA found another way to stop Olympiacos from qualifying. The corner that led to Benfica equalising an Olympiacos side that had them destroyed in the entire match and only winning 0-1 (the ball stuck in the mud one meter away from Benfica's goal line so 0-2 didn't happen) was a vast joke. The portuguese attacker send the ball out, yet the ref and the linesman invented a corner.

Benfica was a side that had many ref decisions against them, yet they finally got referee help when they played against Olympiacos, a side that has lost qualification at least 8 times because of ref decisions

He has saved 2 penalties, so UEFA found another way to stop Olympiacos from qualifying. The corner that led to Benfica equalising an Olympiacos side that had them destroyed in the entire match and only winning 0-1 (the ball stuck in the mud one meter away from Benfica's goal line so 0-2 didn't happen) was a vast joke. The portuguese attacker send the ball out, yet the ref and the linesman invented a corner.

Benfica was a side that had many ref decisions against them, yet they finally got referee help when they played against Olympiacos, a side that has lost qualification at least 8 times because of ref decisions

2 penalties :YAWN:
Every single game with a portuguese team in CL or EL,we(portuguese)already know that will be 11x16 :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom