UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Götze goal vs Moscow as GIF (~22 MB, so you've been warned)

LimitedCourteousAnole.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
My congratulations to Bayern and their fans, amazing goal and great new record (10 consecutive victories in the Champions League)! Bravo guys! :)

CSKA Moscow, good luck in the next match with Viktoria Plzen, hope to see them in the spring in the playoffs of the Europa League. ;)

very dissapointing from Galatasaray and i hear also Leverkusen are bellow average....

does this kind of matches belong to CL?

very dissapointing from Galatasaray and i hear also Leverkusen are bellow average....

does this kind of matches belong to CL?

That'd be the number 2 team in the Bundesliga versus the English champions? Definitely not something we'd want to see in the CL.

That'd be the number 2 team in the Bundesliga versus the English champions? Definitely not something we'd want to see in the CL.

i´m talking about such matches of big differences in score.. i want to see a competitive CL and i was hoping CL is about all teams being strong not getting 5 goals at home if they are so good..seems the difference is there still.. and a big one.

i watched Real vs. Gala... Real are one man down and scoring for fun against one of strongest teams in Turkey..

heck even Arbeloa scored and could have scored twice + a penalty was not given...

Leverkusen played way worse than usual, no idea, what happened there. ManU's win might be one or two goals too high, 3-0 at the other team's home stadium is an impressive way to present oneself.

Fair, but regardless this is exactly the type of match that should be in the CL. No idea what PIPA is on about.

the big difference in results... how shite can a team that is second in Bundesliga play at home.. at least i suppose they did watching the scoreline.. or how shite can Galatasaray 11 play against Real 10 players.. etc. i think CL realistically is not equally competitive as well..some teams are there that have no chance to win it ever... boring to watch matches imo should not be in the competition.

I know what pipa means to say isn't special about galatasaray but turkish teams generally suck. the run they had last year was (almost) pure luck.

matches likes leverkusen-manu can happen time to time. this is the group stage of CL as ever. it's nothing new pipa, really.

yeah but all in all again only 4-5 clubs realistically can win a competition where much more clubs participate... some of them play for just being there.. what´s the point then..? for example when will Anderlecht win it? never if it goes like this.

i know results like that happend but in current form i thought Leverkusen are better than that to be fair.

yeah but all in all again only 4-5 clubs realistically can win a competition where much more clubs participate... some of them play for just being there.. what´s the point then..? for example when will Anderlecht win it? never if it goes like this.

i know results like that happend but in current form i thought Leverkusen are better than that to be fair.

Well I can certainly think of team that wouldn't have been in the CL by your criteria in 2005...

Cmon pipa this is the case for almost every football competition nowadays. In fact, 5 contenders is like a distant reality for some. And about the final score, it happens...just remember last euro, Bayern vs Barca.

pipa I'm all for what you stand for but why should anderlecht win it? :D

come on, man. everybody wants to win but only the better team will win as always. simple logic.

if you ask me, only some certain teams should play the cl (no matter what the number of teams, let it be only 8 or 12) and play even more games. and all the lower tier teams would make a great cup 2.

for example, imho, in germany, bvb and bayern are the only cl calibre teams right now. leverkusen, schalke, wolfsburg etc are the cup 2 teams. leverkusen has been doing great in the league esp. against bvb and bayern but if they would face those two in CL, I don't think they would stand a chance.

but this way, it would be too subjective of course.

as beach says, although it's been almost ten years since teams like porto monaco liverpool played cl final, you never know at the season starts how the teams will perform later.

the big difference in results... how shite can a team that is second in Bundesliga play at home.. at least i suppose they did watching the scoreline.. or how shite can Galatasaray 11 play against Real 10 players.. etc. i think CL realistically is not equally competitive as well..some teams are there that have no chance to win it ever... boring to watch matches imo should not be in the competition.

Thought you wanted top 4 this season? :SMUG:

Thiago Silva is the first captain, Jallet is behind him and I believe Maxwell too.

Really? They just took the captaincy from Jallet just like that?

Yep, in fact there isn't an established order there, even Zlatan could be considered as a random pick. In Blanc's mind there's Thiago and then there is everybody else.

Portuguese teams this year are playing very bad :O

In 4 rounds(we are talking about 5 teams),no one won OMG :O

Benfica dont deserve to pass and I dont even know if they will get to quarter-finals :(

Bayer are just very green at this level. They didn't play anywhere near as well as they have in the league but could still go through anyway.

Thought you wanted top 4 this season? :SMUG:

LOL of course i want LFC to play in the competition..seems like you didn´t get me first..

i think of Plzen and Basel or Anderlecht fighting more than Leverkusen who has better squads and better budget than those teams and i expect such team to fight not to give up after being two goals down...

Gala didint lose last 9 home game against İtalian teams. 6 won-3 draw. Last away win for İtalian teams was 3-1 scores from AC Milan in 1963

We are waiting new scores

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom