UEFA Champions League 2013/2014

Mancini woah! Mancini woah!

mancini.gif

Mancini is through to the next round. Can you believe it?

Drogba is still a beast. Very very very strong in the air (against players like Chiellini). Also good to see that Sneijder is back. I don't think we will make it to the quarters, but this is a big boost for the team. We needed such a boost.

Hell, this 2-1 of Großkreutz was deserved as everything. Should have gotten a penalty a minute before. Plus all those chances, they're the masters of tense matches. Hopefully they can bring it home.

All German teams through to the eliminations, that's fantastic. And will make a lot of the drawing much easier.

Bet Porto will be angry that they lost today. Nobody had a bet on Austria I guess.

That was absolute textbook stuff from Milan. Time-wasting, simulation and creating fouls out of nothing. Incredibly demonstration of the darker arts.

bvb absolutely deserved to be the winners. they were able to use only 4-5 players from their ideal lineup yet they topped their darn group in CL.

that's a f'n great team!

Wow, biggest difference I can remember in finishing first or second in groups.

For the English clubs who came first, they play: Zenit, Gala, Milan, Olympiakos or Leveurkeusen/Basel.

For the English clubs coming second, they play: Barca, Real, Munich, Atleti, Dortmund

Eeeesh.

For the English clubs who came first, they play: Zenit, Gala, Milan, Olympiakos or Leveurkeusen/Basel.

For the English clubs coming second, they play: Barca, Real, Munich, Atleti, Dortmund

Eeeesh.

yep. that's why I always say the real challenge for the contenders starts with the last 8 stage.

Eeeesh.

And PSG

Not surprised to see Napoli go out. They aren't what they were.

OMG I was scared, especially when Marseille equalized... fantastic achievement by the team to win the group when you consider the state the squad is in at the moment.

I'm sad to see Napoli go out though, I'd much rather see them than Arsenal to be honest. Nothing against Arsenal, really, but a bunch of my friends become real dickheads when Arsenal does OK so imagine what they're like at the moment when they're doing more than OK.

come on beach, it's just irrelevant. teams go through with being better than at least two teams in their groups. in their case, exclude the games vs madrid, the only better team in their group, and their goal difference is +2.

they did what they needed to do, with getting 3-2 (in aggregate) against both juve and copenhagen.

a team can win four of their games with 1-0 and lose the other two 5-0. goal difference is just an extra detail sometimes.

zenit's case is more crazy I think.

come on beach, it's just irrelevant. teams go through with being better than at least two teams in their groups. in their case, exclude the games vs madrid, the only better team in their group, and their goal difference is +2.

they did what they needed to do, with getting 3-2 (in aggregate) against both juve and copenhagen.

a team can win four of their games with 1-0 and lose the other two 5-0. goal difference is just an extra detail sometimes.

Oh, yeah, it's new antirecord of Champions League over the last 20 years (!). :FAIL: It's a real shame, it would be better if Porto beat Atletico ... :COAT:

Zenit's is definitely worse - first team to go through with 1 win right?

But, this is supposedly the Elite European teams. Shows the discrepancy when we're supposed to ignore the results from 2 of the 6 matches!

Back
Top Bottom