Tottenham Thread

I've read a lot in the past 24 hours about Veloso. Corluka is a top lad from what I've seen of him, seems a wise, logical player.

There's rumours on the BBC transfer ticker of Milito joining from Real Zaragoza, haven't seen any clips of him playing unless I've forgotten, it'll be interesting if we do sign another striker after Pav, would the one up front focus blur out of sight?

If Arshavin signs too, god, I might just go back on FM08 with the updates from TFMS and cream over the keyboard.

Diego Milito has turned down Spurs and signed for Genoa. Its a done deal according to Italian press. He played their 2 years ago and was their captain, so its quite a personal choice.

Last edited:
Madness if he goes there. But the quick accepting of the bid surely means they'll be splashing out on either Arshavin or Arshavin AND someone else.

No Arshavin until January at the earliest - SSN

Diego Milito has turned down Spurs and signed for Genoa. Its a done deal according to Italian press. He played their 2 years ago and was their captain, so its quite a personal choice.

Well done to Diego, if that's the case. They did pretty well last season, and I'm sure he feels comfortable there. He's a world class goalscorer.

I cant believe General Levy wont pay Zenit £3/4 million extra for Arshavin yet he wait until the last minute and squeeze every last penny of of Man U for Berba :brick:

Our negotiating tactics has cost us again, now we Pav and a young striker with potential but Pav is cup tied, well done DC, you had all summer to replace them and look what where left with now.

Milito went for £6million :brick:

Did it have anything to do with first team football?

I think more to do with a) Going back to a club he loves and b) being part Italian. When he left in 2006, it was because the club got relegated due to their president doing some dodgy stuff.... it was against his decision.

On the one hand i find it a pity that Milito did not went to Spurs, butthis is a fantastic story...going to thclub he loves...what a contrast with Robinho and many others.
I hope Milto does very well in Genoa.

I think more to do with a) Going back to a club he loves and b) being part Italian. When he left in 2006, it was because the club got relegated due to their president doing some dodgy stuff.... it was against his decision.

Fair enough.

First Team dont you think Milito would get first team slot directly in spurs??

If we played 2 up front then yes but the way were set up they'll be games where we have 1 up front with 1 or 2 behind.

Chris Gunter via ITK

Right then you sarky (naughty word here), I will crack on and save myself further embarrassment! 41 comments though, so more fool you!

OK, Gunter did a presser today for nationals in England and the Welsh regionals.

Yes, to whichever smart (naughty word here) above posted all the cliched things he'd say, course he did.

However, any of you who have seen the Spurs end of season DVD will have seen that he's a cracking lad with a lot to say.

He stayed for ages, did a lot of 1 on 1s and was happy to talk to me about Spurs as he knows I am a big fan.

Unfortunately for the doom and gloomers, he was mainly positive.

Here is what he said:Wales see him as centre back long term. Spurs categorically do not and he always trains as a right-back and is often paired in training exercises with Hutton, which I thought seemed rather sensible.

Goalkeepers, he politely told me that the players were very unhappy with this situation last season. Robbo's confidence had gone completely and he felt he was in a vulnerable position at board level as well.

He think Gomes is the best goalkeeper he's ever seen. Apparently he's been phenomenal in training and the players already (naughty word here) love him. His English is excellent and he's replaced Keano as chief prankster.

Ramos picks and drops people sometimes entirely based on their performances in training. Apparently the intensity is very high and Gus organises most things. Everyone accepts the situation with Ledley King. He is treated with great reverance by the players and that was even the case with Berba and Keane.

Yes there was a bust-up in training with Berba - but he wouldn't say who with. He had no problems with Berbatov and says he acted very professionally in training right up to deadline day and the players never bothered to talk to him about him not wanting to play. They just got on with it.

Roman Pavlyuchenko speaks very little English and had an interpreter with him when he was introduced to the players on Friday. As he also doesn't speak Spanish, I presume the interpreter will be kept on.

Bale and Gunter are very close, but Gunter is closest to his new lodger, Aaron Ramsay. Spurs were never in for Ramsay, despite Gunter telling him to join us anyway. Gunter and Ramsay split the chores.

Robbie Keane thinks Gareth Bale will be the best player in the world. Seriously.

Bale did a big selling job on Spurs in January, Everton also wanted Gunts.

A lot of the younger players are really happy we've signed Frazier Campbell.

John Bostock is equal in skill and technique to any senior player.

Modric has replaced Berbatov as most gifted player in the squad in training.

Everyone loves Gio.

Lennon and Bentley are really good mates.

He didn't know Pav couldn't play in Europe.

My biggest revelation was going to be that the players were told we'd be signing another striker yesterday. But Spurs have rather stolen my thunder! I believe the striker to be Huntelaar, from the clues he dropped today and from someone else I spoke to today.

Apologies for the build up, at least your sarky replies are an improvement on the vitorol and pesimism on most other threads.COYS

Some cool info there.

Last edited:
He has final say but Commoli suggestions aren't helping.

Spent the last few hours looking on the internet after hearing the rumors that gazza might have passed away. Doesnt look like its true thankfully. He was my boyhood hero, still have Gascoigne and 8 on the back of my spurs shirts.

A win is a win, lets hope it kick starts something...

I hope so.

Spent the last few hours looking on the internet after hearing the rumors that gazza might have passed away. Doesnt look like its true thankfully. He was my boyhood hero, still have Gascoigne and 8 on the back of my spurs shirts.

Tis a shame how has he as gone downhill.

WILD rumours that troubled former England soccer ace Paul Gascoigne had DIED were rubbished by cops last night.
Hundreds of fans bombarded police switchboards with calls asking if Gazza, 41 — who is battling booze and drug problems — was still alive.

But Northumbria Police confirmed: “We’ve had lots of calls on this but there’s absolutely no substance to it.”

The Sun received hundreds of calls asking if the ex-Newcastle star had passed away.

Footie websites were also besieged.

Dozens rang in from Gazza’s native North East and others from as far afield as Essex and Scotland.

Gazza, 41, was last week pictured trying to get into a pub in Gateshead before ten in the MORNING.

He had just returned from three weeks in Portugal, where he was rushed to hospital after a pills and booze overdose.

Not great news but he's still alive... :((

SpursNewShir.jpg

:brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick::brick:

Back
Top Bottom