Tottenham Thread

As bad as they have been recently, I'm still surprised it has come to this. Don't know what else to say really.

Don't think Harry is suited for Spurs - not sure whether it's underperforming players that are the problem or just that they haven't blended as a team yet. So much for pre-season form, eh?

I feel sorry for Ramos, many things were in place for us to be successful but for whatever reason it didn't work out. I don't want to see him go but its hard to defend him and the players.

I dont think Redknapp is that good really, he's done well at Portsmouth but in the grand scheme of things he's very average. He's always done ok in relegation fights (is it too early to call it that?) so maybe he'll sort Spurs out and galvanise the players but I mean in the long run can you see him taking you back into Europe and breaking into the top 4? I certainly can't.

At least Commolli has gone.

Well I saw that Ramos sacking coming from a mile away but never would have imagined that Redknapp would dump Portsmouth like that

What do you make of Ramos being replaced by Redknapp, Tobi?

I'm not against it, I hope he brings Diarra with him!

I'm glad to see the back of Commoli though, he was never as good as Arneson.

Last edited:
Ramos never deserved that...a lot is to blame on the Berbatov catastrophe...Levy thinks he played that well...winning a couple of additional millions and who cares about the fans and the team....Spurs have got too much new players and they still need a DMF and a goal scorer.

He should have let Berbatov sooner...he always knew what the outcome would be...Berbatov would eventually leave anyway....the wrong person was sacked once again...

As for Redknapp, he's a rascall...poor Pompey and poor Spurs...no winners here...

What a great game.

And I couldn't stop laughing when you got your fourth, nearly jumped through the roof when Modric hit it, and then burst out laughing when Lennon tapped it in.

Wengers reaction was priceless.

I'm an Arsenal supporter and i have to say that we should have killed you off at 4-2 but full credit to you . You fought back well and got the point, well deserved. But if you watched Sky sports tonight you would have seen how much of a wanker Jamie Redknapp was.He constantly belittled Arsenal and went on about how he was "wearing his Spurs shirt" tonight. The times i saw him kiss the Liverpool crest over the years ( when the cripple was fit) would make you sick. I'd bet if Daddy was managing Exeter City he would be all about them. Call it sour grapes if you want but he hasn't a fucking clue about the game from a punditry point of view and shouldn't be on tv. But just let me irritirate, it was a great derby match, its dented our title hopes but changed you're season, i wish i was a neutral tonight, but i have to say well done Spurs. From a slightly pissed off Gooner.

haha nice post.

up until the last goal i was pissed about the double foul on bentley that was let go and then a goal came from the corner. and huddlestone barely touched RvP(?) for the goal/freekick early in the second half.

we came good in the end though.

there were gifts from both sides (hutton and cliche wtf?).

i wish moderic's shot had flown straight in. what a crack!! brilliant match. RvP's throughball was sick.

again, brilliant match. best derby since... the last time we met! :lol:

I usually like to watch football games in piece and quiet with the odd outburst at the ref of player/s here and there but when Luka hit that shot and then Lennon tapped in the rebound I lept out of my chair and nearly threw my football at my TV. :D

I had so many thoughts going through my mind yesterday, we never really attacked them during the game, the ref and linesman made bad calls. The Hudd never touched Van persie yet the linesman was waving his flag furiously! :RANT: and Hutton gift wrapping a goal for them less than 90 seconds after The Hudd let rip but alls well that ends well and I'm very happy with a point.

New 60,000 seater is in the works too :COOL:

Bentley's goal...

Last edited:
I hope Spurs can build on this performance...but the way they were defending...i think they will need to score lots of goals...
Arsenal two last goals were real gifts...
And to be honest, Arsenal should have won this match...but they didn't and this could mean a huge confidence boost for Spurs.

The lane to be a thing of the past...

30 October 2008 01:21pm Add commentsTottenham chairman Daniel Levy has confirmed that the club are planning to sell naming rights of their proposed new 60,000-seater stadium - spelling the end for White Hart Lane.

The plans for the new ground include parts of the existing site, but the stadium will be located to the north of the current one and will carry a sponsor's name.

"Unfortunately it's a function of modern day finance - absolutely there will have to be naming rights on the stadium," Levy told Sky Sports News. "It's going to be a new stadium so it won't be White Hart Lane. If we want things to progress, things have to change."

Levy denied that the new plans would have any effect on new manager Harry Redknapp's transfer budget, but did concede that it would be a "limited" one in January nonetheless.

"The stadium has no impact on our transfer policy," he confirmed.

"When Harry took the job we had a conversation about the current squad and we agreed we have the talent here. One or two small changes maybe but generally we have the talent here.

"There may be limited transfer funds available (in January) but the main transfers take place in the summer.

"Harry's confident and I'm confident that we can move up the table."

© The Press Association

good match just saw the highlights wow good shot by bentley... and good comeback!! Well played...maybe Rednapp was the person for your team after all!!

Tim Sherwood appointed as a coach. Is it because of his superb footballing knowledge and great potential as a coach? Or because he's good mates with Jamie Redknapp?

The latter I think, in the past he has always been bitter when he has been speaking about us on TV etc now all of a sudden he loves us again!

u lot are gunna get ur ass handed by livepool. they are no arsenal and as soon as they score their usual lucky fluky goal, its game over. dont expect to get anything out of the liverpool(preys that u do and arsenal win)

Tim Sherwood appointed as a coach. Is it because of his superb footballing knowledge and great potential as a coach? Or because he's good mates with Jamie Redknapp?

Harry subscribes to the late Jack Walkers sentiments in that he'd rather have Tim Sherwood than Zinedine Zidane, hes THAT good.

Spurs will win the league because of him.

u lot are gunna get ur ass handed by livepool. they are no arsenal and as soon as they score their usual lucky fluky goal, its game over. dont expect to get anything out of the liverpool(preys that u do and arsenal win)

and you call yourself a arsenal fan pfff!

when does a arsenal fan want spurs to win :BLINK:

and you call yourself a arsenal fan pfff!

when does a arsenal fan want spurs to win :BLINK:

yea because if they win and we win, where what, 3 points behind u instead of the current 6 so yeah alot of arsenal fans want liverpool to lose.

your telling me that if arsenal was playing everton in the last game, we was 2 points ahead in 1st and u lot 2nd, you wouldnt want everton to beat us?

yea because if they win and we win, where what, 3 points behind u instead of the current 6 so yeah alot of arsenal fans want liverpool to lose.

your telling me that if arsenal was playing everton in the last game, we was 2 points ahead in 1st and u lot 2nd, you wouldnt want everton to beat us?

:FISH: ;) :APPLAUD:

you bit that one jonney lol

and we are only about 10 games into the season :P

Back
Top Bottom