Tottenham Thread

New stadium images

zzz420c.jpg
zzz420a.jpg
zzz240b.jpg

and a video --> mms://video.premiumtv.co.uk/club_spursfc/stadium151208hi.wmv

Looks alright I think. Expected capacity to be between 55,000 and 60,000.

Looks like a bad copy of the Emirates!

Ah jesus...after the Eboué thing another example that Arsenal has the worst fans in the world...
It isn't even funny...it's just tribalism.: "Spurs ??? ...oh shit i am programmed to react in a negative way...let's find something remotely funny...oh i can't find anything remotely funny...well let's just react...after all this is about Spurs and i'm supposed to do something even if it isn't very intelligent, but my tribe wants me to do something..."
A Spurs fan who loves Arsenal's football..

And about the stadium: looks nice, does not really look like a stadium for a Championshi team...what i want to say: this isn't really the appropriate time to make megalomanic plans for a team that is still fighting relegation...i think it's a dumb move to make a fuss about the new stadium at this moment...

Ah jesus...after the Eboué thing another example that Arsenal has the worst fans in the world...
It isn't even funny...it's just tribalism.: "Spurs ??? ...oh shit i am programmed to react in a negative way...let's find something remotely funny...oh i can't find anything remotely funny...well let's just react...after all this is about Spurs and i'm supposed to do something even if it isn't very intelligent, but my tribe wants me to do something..."
A Spurs fan who loves Arsenal's football..

And about the stadium: looks nice, does not really look like a stadium for a Championshi team...what i want to say: this isn't really the appropriate time to make megalomanic plans for a team that is still fighting relegation...i think it's a dumb move to make a fuss about the new stadium at this moment...

FFS Gerd lighten up man....banter between Arsenal-Spurs fans has been going on for years....you should know that. You want a positive comment, ok then:

I think it looks a whole lot better than Shite Hart Lane.

Happy now?

Well clockender, i don't like "banter"...FFS it should be possible to respect both Arsenal and Spurs...
Forgive me my reaction but i respect you much and your reaction disappoints me...no hard feelings...

There is nothing wrong showing off the stadium now gerd, it gets the fans excited, something to look forward to.

Last edited:
Well clockender, i don't like "banter"...FFS it should be possible to respect both Arsenal and Spurs...
Forgive me my reaction but i respect you much and your reaction disappoints me...no hard feelings...

Ok Gerd no worries, maybe its an English thing but here we can take the mickey out of each other football wise without it meaning anything.

Hell where I work, everyone is either Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or Spurs and I get football banter all day...

Seriously though the stadium is much needed for Spurs, they are a huge club with a massive fan base and they are getting left behind somewhat in London by Arsenal and Chelsea.

I hope the plans include upgrade to the transfer network as getting to White Hart Lane is even worse than getting to the Emirates!

The transport system is part of the upgrade.

I remember when you lot won the title at the lane :CURSE:, 2 hours after the game I was still cramped on the bus outside the stadium, the bus had only moved about 3 feet in that time!

just cause you respect arsenal doesn't mean arsenal fans have to respect spurs

you should respect that

just cause you respect arsenal doesn't mean arsenal fans have to respect spurs
you should respect that

That's one of the most silly reasonings i've ever read...i guess i should respect it...

BUT

Football is not war (and even in war there are certain rules, think about the Geneva Convention) it's only a game...fans should get passionate but i think respect is an integral and necessary part of being a football fan.

If you have no respect, then you're not a fan...

My family are either Arsenal or Spurs and we take the micky out of each other and take the piss. Its all friendly Banter Just like the post above by Clockender.

When you talk about respect etc you are taking the Banter out of all context.

It may be a London thing or an English/British thing. But It happens all the time and is one of the reasons why supporting your club is fun. When you can take the piss and have a laugh about the other clubs misfortunes.

Gerd I think you should calm down and stop attacking people and flying off the handle.

Football should be fun and aslong as Verbal abuse and Physical abuse are not carried out, then it is all fine.

My family are either Arsenal or Spurs and we take the micky out of each other and take the piss. Its all friendly Banter Just like the post above by Clockender.

When you talk about respect etc you are taking the Banter out of all context.

It may be a London thing or an English/British thing. But It happens all the time and is one of the reasons why supporting your club is fun. When you can take the piss and have a laugh about the other clubs misfortunes.

Gerd I think you should calm down and stop attacking people and flying off the handle.

Football should be fun and aslong as Verbal abuse and Physical abuse are not carried out, then it is all fine.

I think rhis is solved now, i apologized to clockender...i think you jump on the wagon because you are also an Arsenal fan. If i was an Arsenal fan and clockender a Spurs fan, you would defend me (be honest and admit it), so i don't think your being very objective in this...after all my remark was not intended to attack clockender personally, imerely said that i don't like (al arge part of) Arsenal fans...
As for "the banter"...
We do the same thing in Belgium (Brussels-Anderlecht) but maybe this banter seems more harsh when it is written down.
But in the end i have problems with the fact that as a fan you are supposed to follow your club in rivalries...i'm a Spursfan but i love the way Arsenal play football and i don't see why i should consider Arsenal as rivals...maybe people from London should act like that, but as somebody from Belgium this is quite silly...i have nothing to do with a rivalry that goes back approximately 100 years...

And i wonder how much of these so called hardcore fans are real Londoners (i think clockender is), how much of them supportArsenal more than 10 years ????

I think rhis is solved now, i apologized to clockender...i think you jump on the wagon because you are also an Arsenal fan. If i was an Arsenal fan and clockender a Spurs fan, you would defend me (be honest and admit it), so i don't think your being very objective in this...after all my remark was not intended to attack clockender personally, imerely said that i don't like (al arge part of) Arsenal fans...
As for "the banter"...
We do the same thing in Belgium (Brussels-Anderlecht) but maybe this banter seems more harsh when it is written down.
But in the end i have problems with the fact that as a fan you are supposed to follow your club in rivalries...i'm a Spursfan but i love the way Arsenal play football and i don't see why i should consider Arsenal as rivals...maybe people from London should act like that, but as somebody from Belgium this is quite silly...i have nothing to do with a rivalry that goes back approximately 100 years...

And i wonder how much of these so called hardcore fans are real Londoners (i think clockender is), how much of them supportArsenal more than 10 years ????

It was solved, but I have seen you many a times say things like this and then add the 'I respect you blah blah' bit on the end to redeem yourself. You also don't mention names - but it is blatant that you are comenting on what a person has said. So indirectly you are putting them down.

Also please do not tell me what I think - I have defended people who support different teams, when people get easily offended by harmless banter. So It isn't just because you are a Spurs fan etc :ROLL:

I have supported Arsenal all my life - My Dad and Brother both support them and we live only 10 minutes walk from Emirates and what was Highbury. Also I gaurantee that 99% of Fans like me, Regard Spurs as Rivals and vice versa.

It is a healthy rivalry - Like that of Man U and Man City. Liverpool/Everton etc etc.

So I do not agree with what you said in your last paragraph either.

Welcome back JD :)

Also Harry needs to shut his big mouth, the way he talks about other teams players in public is embarrassing.

"We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us.”

That's what Daniel Levy said of United's pursuit of Berbatov.

Shall we ask him about his pursuit of Stewart Downing?

And where the hell do Spurs have all this money from? I thought the Berba/Keane funds were used ot help pay for Pavlychenko/Modric/Gomes/Bentley and so forth? Another £30m on Defoe and Downing? Arsenal fans must be well pissed :) !

"We told both clubs very early on that we had no interest in selling Robbie or Dimitar and that they should refrain from pursuing the player. Both clubs arrogantly chose to ignore this request and we now have evidence that both clubs have systematically been working to prise the players away from us.”

That's what Daniel Levy said of United's pursuit of Berbatov.

Shall we ask him about his pursuit of Stewart Downing?

And where the hell do Spurs have all this money from? I thought the Berba/Keane funds were used ot help pay for Pavlychenko/Modric/Gomes/Bentley and so forth? Another £30m on Defoe and Downing? Arsenal fans must be well pissed :) !

Spurs have always had lots of money to spend - and they have spent lots of money in the past. Just that it has been mostly on shit players :DD Spurs have, on the whole, spent more than Arsenal every season.

We spent a lot of money in the summer but we recouped all of it back so I can believe that some more players will be bought.

I DO NOT WANT DOWNING AT THE LANE!!!

Downing and Bentley on the wings...it's like an England reserve team :) With defoe, King, Woodgate, Jenas, Huddlestone...wow. Creepy!

Back
Top Bottom