Tottenham Thread

Congratulations Harry for unsettling the 4 strikers already at the club.

Robbie has gone to London for a medical apparently. No fee agreed but he has been advised to go there in case Spurs meet our valuation (plus players)

looks like either Lennon or Saviola.

Lennon has been our best player this season along with Charlie Corluka and Harry would be mad to include him in any deal.

It will be sad to see Robbie go, he is a quality player, but it just hasn't worked out. I think Rafa and Reeek want to cut their loses incase Robbies stock falls further.

As long as we get a replacement in. Would Saviola be more happy to be a backup to Nando? Gudjohnsen would be my preference as he adds something a little different and has PL experience. Ideally we'd need a like for like, but I think we could do with a right winger too.

I'm amazed that Rafa spent all that money on Keane and never played to him to his strengths. Granted Robbie has to change his style a bit because Liverpool use a different system but I see no reason why Keane playing off Torres wouldn't work.

Saviola needs minutes and if Keane can't get them then he certainly won't, its disappointing how he has fallen off the map in recent years.

Gio has been sold, I officially hate Harry Redknapp!

banghead.gif

Last edited:
Is that Dos Santos ????
He never really had a fair chance with Spurs.
I can only guess that he was bought for the long term.
I never liked Redknapp and i had a bad feeling when he succeeded Ramos.
He was lucky that Spurs had a good spell when he started, but i think it was a mere coïncidence...
Spurs need 3 or 4 wins in a row (but who doesn't..).
I'm not convinced by Cudicini either. I had the impression Gomez was getting reliable and IMHO Cudicini was to blame for Bolton's winning goal...

When Harry was appointed he said that he had never seen him play, well he has been fit now for about 3 weeks now and he still hasn't given him a fair chance.

He came on as a sub against Man Utd in the FA Cup but that was only because the squad was stretched thin that day. He was OK in that game but to be honest the team performance in general on that day was poor.

He has a lot of talent and potential and came through the excellent Barca academy so its very disappointing that he refuses to give him a chance and also picks the very, very raw Taraabt ahead of him. I can accept a loan move but selling the guy is short-sighted.

Harry is spending money like there is no tomorrow.

PS: I'd welcome Quaresma to the lane, Jenas can go the other way, I want Bentley to stay.

Gio deal is off, lack of match fitness.

:COOL:

48 mil in transfer window :CONFUSE: and 15mil broke down defoe (injured rest of the season) unlucky good luck Sunday :SMUG: will berba be the next purchase? I see utd selling him back to you lots

Last edited:
That's what I call shite management... God, if my team bought back all the players they sold after 3-4 months I would want them gone IMMIDEATLY. Where's the freaking vision?

The long term vision for the club left with Juande Ramos.

I wonder if there ever was a long term vision (and i'm not talking about managers now)...as i said in another thread...i'm very pessimistic.

Defoe is injured.
Personally i don't rate Keane very high.
Like somebody pointed out: Chimbonda was'nt needed.
And Palacios is a good prospect but still has a lot to prove, and i don't think he's the player Spurs need. Spurs needed a player like Bullard (off-topic he's a very good player who makes strange choices...first from Wigan to a bad Fullham, now from a rather good Fullham to Hull City in decline...).

Spurs were pushing for a top four finish with Keane, Chimbonda, Defoe, Berba etc

(although Keane and Defoe cant play together IMO)

Spurs needed to build with Ramos. I.e keep the good= Berba, Keane...get rid of the deadwood (Zokora etc)

I think Zokora is a fantastic player, he was great in Genk and St-Etienne...he was also great at the WC2006.
Until now it didn't work out for him at Spurs, but i think he's a great player.

I like him to, his distribution is poor and his positional play isn't the best at times but he makes up for it in other areas.

What is his favoured position?

I don't know a lot about him.

Central midfield, he's not a DM but I think Harry thinks that he is. He's combative I suppose, but better at passing than tackling. For Wigan, Cattermole was the destroyer who did the dirty work and he was the one who played the ball a bit more. He's a good player, but quite unproven has only had one good season really but he's young and can still improve. He had a trial at Arsenal and Wenger recommended Bruce should sign him for Birmingham, so he did, then took him to Wigan with him.

I hope he makes the difference Spurs need to start winning games again, I'd hate to see you guys dragged into a relegation battle...
why? i would love if they get relegated. many arsenal fans do as spurs would also love if arsenal where in there shoes

The reality is that we are in a relegation battle, Harry realises this and his January signings reflect this.

I'm confident that we won't go down though and Harry certainly has a big job on his hands next season because he has caused some unnecessary problems for himself with some of the signings.

why? i would love if they get relegated. many arsenal fans do as spurs would also love if arsenal where in there shoes

I consider myself a Spurs fan, but i love Arsenal's football...i really don't understand those feelings of hate...a team who plays bad football should go down, no matter which team that is.
That said, one could argument that Spurs is playing very bad this season and relegation would not be undeserved...just like Villa is clearly the better team compared to Arsenal...but do i hope that Arsenal don't qualify for the CL...no. I simply think Villa are better this season.

Back
Top Bottom