Tottenham Thread

^ Thats a bit irrelevant, I think you should look at yourself and the post you have made and remove it

Great move on buying Robbie Keane back I have a feeling he just may score on Sunday for you lot

^ Thats a bit irrelevant, I think you should look at yourself and the post you have made and remove it

Great move on buying Robbie Keane back I have a feeling he just may score on Sunday for you lot

why? whats wrong? anyways i hope we stuff you lot this sunday. our season basicly fell apart after that shocking 4:4 draw last october.

totaly fucked up the players confidence and was the cause and reason for galla's famous outburst

Good performance today but it wasn't enough in the end.

The ref had a poor game and Harry tactics and substitutions were baffling once again.

I do not get it. How do you work for a whole season to get into the UEFA cup, and then treat the knockout stages like it's some kind of chore. Fielding a weak side in the first leg, then fielding a weaker side in the second. Disgraceful. Spurs have great European pedigree, and a good chance to get further in the stages of the UEFA cup. But Harry seems more concerned with the Mickey Mouse cup. Baffles me, it really does.

From Day 1 Harry has moaned about playing games on Thursday's despite the fact that Pompey were also playing on Thursday when they were still in the competition.

We have a big enough squad to put out a stronger team last night but he wants us to get knocked out of the Uefa Cup.

We're winning the game right now but why on earth is Zoko Pops starting at RB ahead of Corluka and Chimbonda?!

1st half was superb, 2nd not so much.

Good win though, clean sheet too.

I'm more confident about the game vs Sunderland now.

Awesome!

I don't like the man but he's getting the job done.

wats up with the transfers harry hasnt been very adventerous

ohara needs to be loaned out hes got no chance of cracking the 1st team

I get the feeling he is going to upset a lot of fans with the dealings, don't like some of the rumours I'm hearing.

Barry would have been a good signing, we need that type of player for sure.

Roque was always going to go to Man City. For some stupid reason Harry is trying to get rid of Pav, also Keane or Bent are off to Sunderland.

O'hara is most likely off to Fulham, I like him but he won't anything more than a squad player so I give understand that. Plus £4million is very good business.

One of the biggest issues I have with Harry is that he refuses to give Gio Dos Santos a fair chance. He went out on loan to Ipswich and did well but it sounds like he is still trying to get rid of him.

Adel Taraabt is a wonderful gifted youngster but we signed him two years ago and he hasn't changed one bit. He still refuses to pass the ball when he should and tactically he is very naive. It baffles me how Harry wants to give him a chance over Gio when he clearly isn't going to change.

Another gripe I have with Harry is that he doesn't think about the team in the right sense. He signed Chimbonda back in January when we already had two RB's and Hutton close to recovering from his niggling injury. I don't think Pascal made five appearances from January to the end of the season.

He brinks back Keane, (the guy who got tapped up by Stevie G) comes back six months later and suddenly he is made captain! I'm not surprised Jenas and Woody were upset about it, its a ridiculous decision. Keane was shit during the 2nd half of the season but rarely got subbed. Instead Harry would sub Pav on 60 mins without fail, annoying.

I can go on and on about the guy, he is trying to sign Maxi Rodriguez from Atletico :BRICK: Aaron Lennon was excellent last season, Bentley was brought it and Aaron stepped his game up and now owns the right wing. So why go after Maxi?! How many right sided players does he want FFS!

He wants to buy the over rated Downing to play LW, all Spurs fans know Luka plays best for us when he roams from the left. Why would he want to ruin that?!

I miss Juande Ramos, if it wasn't for the language barrier things would have been so different now.

Last edited:
Yeah the guys an idiot in all fairness, he did quite well at Portsmouth and is now lauded as a great English manager, which frankly he isn't.

Like you say about Taarabt not progressing (I don't know a great deal about the subject), could it be something with the policy/system at Spurs that is causing this? I mean there's been quite a few young players that have been billed as potential stars and then they've been horribly under used and then sold on for peanuts. Ziegler, Derviette, Rodrigo Defendi and Taarabt are a few off the top of my head (obviously AT hasn't been sold yet).

If West Ham can produce loads of great players with a similar pool of resources to you then I think there must be a problem with Comolli or something.

Comolli is definitely partly to blame. I remember when Martin Jol was still in charge, he told Comolli to find him a left winger and he bought Darren Bent!

Frank Arnesen was excellent in that role, then Chelski came along and tapped him up.

John Bostock is the one youngster that will get some playing time next season.

I think a point's come when people don't even take Spurs seriously. It's been going on for years. It's their year, they'll break into the Top 4.

In fairness to Harry he has made our defence stronger, particularly BAE. We only conceded 10 goals at home last season.

Plus he brought back JD, that was awesome. I really hope he doesn't sell Pav though, given a proper rest (Euro 2008, Russian League to EPL, not much holiday there) and pre season I'm sure we'll see him perform on a regular basis.

His transfer policy is strange though like you said before. Getting rid of all of your forwards bar Defoe would be a bit stupid seeing as though none of them are that bad and Pav was playing his first season in England, it's not like there's a plethora of readily available talent either at the minute.

I don't get all the hostility towards Bent either, he was your top scorer last season and I rarely see him getting much praise. And wasn't his £16m price tag that's regularly used against him made up of various incentives which probably haven't even been met? I like him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom