Tottenham Thread

we need a good holding mid and well be off. also modric must stay he is quality i know harry is rlly english and domestic but we have some real european quality in the side and give him some time he will do something. i have faith in his transfers, anything is better than comolli. and bostock needs some time to grow harry trusts him

The latest ITK

Benjani and Pennant. Not first teamers, just HR wheeling and dealing for the squad.
Pennant is ours as soon as Bentley is sold.
Benjani is a fall back option if we are left short of strikers - he is desperate to come but we will only take him as a last resort.

Then nickchrissi on SC :

I can confirm Pennant has been spoken to, and although didn't directly say it, he's on his way to us.

:COAT:

pennant can be quality i have a good vibe from him altho he is too 2006 for me. he is a slow and crappy aaron lennon

Some more ITK.

'Quiet on the transfer front' was the first line of this conversation... followed by this:

OUTGOINGS
Zokora to Sevilla only solid deal ATM but NOT complete, just very hopeful
We'd sell Pav ahead of Bent - neither are definitely off, though (no solid interest at our prices)
No-one in for Bentley - could stay
Would sell Taarabt tomorrow if we could, but only Malaga have come in and they are skint
Bale wont be sold - loan possible
Harry doesn't like Gio - simple as
Gunter is for sale, don't reckon he'll make it for us, but Forest are skint so loan more likely
Trying to shift boateng & gilberto but no offers
Trying to shift O'Hara while his stock is high, fulham not interested ATM but Birmingham are

INCOMINGS
Vucinic (Roma) is high on the list but they want silly money - part exchange with Pav is possible
Chamakh (Bordeaux) is an option but not priority
Llorente (Bilbao) is an option but we believe he will be too expensive
Crouch (Portsmouth, dontcha know) is a last resort
Pennant is true - but way down the list
Joe Cole is signing a new contract at Chelsea :(
Harry wants Bellamy but Levy won't do it :)
None of Madrid lot are interested, tried very hard with Robben & Huntelaar but no luck
Ashley Young very unlikely, Villa won't sell

And finally, Townsend & Rose are very highly rated, may well be with the first team next season if an ideal loan offer does not arrive.

not sure if these are opinions or a conversation hes had with someone. seems a lot of info to me told though so make of it what you will, just passing on.

From same source as always...

As we all know, Harry is desperate to sign Kenwyne Jones. One of the reasons the Bent deal is taking a while to go through is because Spurs are trying to force a player-exchange deal on us involving Kenwyne.

We'd only be interested in doing this IF we can wrap up the signing of Peter Crouch. Again, this is holding things up further.

Now Harry has thrown another spanner in the works by declaring his interest in Da Silva, who was on the verge of signing for us. The reason he's done this is to give him further bargaining power i.e. Give us Kenwyne and we'll give you Bent plus cash AND (in true NUFC style) we'll "step aside" for Da Silva.

Apparently we WOULD be interested in selling Kenwyne IF both Bent and Crouch were to come. In fact, the transfer fee we'd receive for Kenwyne would cover the fees we'd be paying out for BOTH Bent and Crouch. The only downside is that Bent and Crouch would be costing us LOADS more on wages (both around £70k per week).

Good business?

Harry doesn't like Gio - simple as :BRICK:

None taken, got to be realistic with transfer targets.

Not sure which Da Silva it is.

Certainly looks good but we have a talented youngster who is good enough for the first team in Gio. Harry won't give him a chance, I can't see him a taking a gamble and buying an unknown quantity.

Chris Gunther has been sold to Forest, I knew it was coming but I was hoping that it would fall through. Now Harry wants to buy two more full backs from Sheffield Utd.

The man is obsessed, his judgement is dreadful. I can't understand why he wants to buy these young players when its quite clear they wont get a chance.

We have two excellent RB's in Charlie and Hutton who compliment each other well. I'm bracing myself for when Hutton is sold.

:BRICK:

PS: Gooner Viera is not wanted or needed at the Lane and I'd delighted with Negredo or Huntelaar.

Yep, they where all set to go to Everton then Redknapp and his love for full backs stepped in.

Strange move IMO. They're not going to dispose Corluka and Assou Ekotto off the starting XI and possibly Hutton and Bale on the bench either. There are rumours saying Harry wants Crouch too...

We have a decent chance og getting Klaas and a small chance of getting Negredo, if we end up with Crouch...

Crouch is quality. Negredo might not take to the league, and he's only had one really good season. I'd take Crouch over him for sure.

I can understand going for Huntelaar or Negredo, they are different to our current forwards but Crouch is a silly one, Pav is better than him in almost every respect.

Not much good news in this thread...last year's transfers made me very enthousiastic about the new season (i was wrong of course).
This year it all looks dull...i don't like Harry Redknapp...
Do you guys think he will end the season with Spurs ???

Yea, I think he'll be there.

I'm actually quietly confident about the new season, I just wish he would give everyone a fair chance and think long and hard about his transfer targets.

It gets worse, the latest ITK is saying that if we don't get Crouch then Benjani will be a target.

The man has zero ambition!

:FAIL:

I've heard rumours he wants Huntelaar and said he doesn't want Crouch because he was too expensive. Do they really need a striker?

Last edited:
Seems like a good fit for him to end up at Spurs, I personally don't think hes good enough for the top tier clubs as he doesn't bring enough to the table other than goals which he'll get wherever.

We need to sell Bent first, he is different from our current strikers and that's nice.

His wages are the stumbling block.

Last edited:
Spurs seemed so lost against a "Plan C" Barcelona, i don't honestly think your able to win anything next season playing like that.
Your best team vs a cantera team (youth+3/4 1st teamers) struggled just to equalize, i would be a bit worried if i was a fan..

It was weird how they just backed off and them dictate the game, not many plus points last night.

why does harry constantly fall back to players he has had at other clubs.

You need a settled team and you need to shore up your weak areas, strikers are not one of those areas!

Back
Top Bottom