Tottenham Thread

No reason to become euphoric...it's only 3 points.
As a Spurs fan i would like to trade this 9-1 in against three consecutive 3-1 wins or even better 4 consecutive 2-1 wins (9 consecutive 1-0 wins would be asked too much, i guess).

The extra goals could prove to be vital at the end of the season.

Jesus, what a match! Defoe was on fire. 3 Points or not, I would be delighted with that performance, overall as a team, and the striker! 9-1 for fucks sake!

:ROLL: You really are a buzzkill, aren't you.
I'm not sure what buzzkill means, but coming from you i have an idea.
I'll try to explain myself.
I consider myself a Spurs fan, but a score like that will have more impact on Wigan (a club i like a lot) than on Spurs...it could give the winning team a boost, but we all know Spurs..consistency isn't their strongest point...of course it's nice if your team wins 9-1, but it's only 3 points...i hope you understand what i mean...

PS: i would be over the moon if it would have been against Man Utd, but let's stay realistic (although Man Utd is vulnerable this season).

PS: i would be over the moon if it would have been against Man Utd, but let's stay realistic (although Man Utd is vulnerable this season).

Not sure why you keep saying that? We're no more vulnerable than Arsenal and certainly not as weak as Liverpool and any of the other teams below us.

Even the 'invincible' Chelsea have been beaten, against Wigan infact (the same Wigan that shipped 4 against Arsenal and Portsmouth, 5 against us and 9 against Spurs) and to Aston Villa, so I have to say I disagree with you on this.

I hope you haven't just gone along with the lazy angle that the media seem to be pushing that since Tevez and Ronaldo have left, we are automatically weaker, even though there is little evidence to back that up.

No, he just has some sort of irrational hate for Man Utd.

Which is strange, since he considers himself a neutral and usually doesn't show the same kind of illogicality when he posts about anything else but I suppose even the most intelligent people have certain flaws.

Ha come on, i have no hate for Man Utd...not again...that is the reason why i never visit the Man Utd thread....

When Man Utd won both the league and the CL i said that they deserved it because they had a wonderfull team...Ryan Giggs is one of my all time favourite players (just like Schmeichel, Cantona, and Sammy Mc Illroy).
Why do i always have to prove that i don't hate Man Utd when i'm merely stating that they look vulnerable ???

Is it because i'm a former fan who does not like Ferguson ? Am i allowed to a personal opinion.

I'm not neutral because i consider myself a fan of Spurs in England. But i'm also a fan of teams like Lille, Palermo and Wolfsburg...the club i supported in Belgiump doesn't exists anymore...

PS: why am i even bothering...and that in a thread about another team.

Last edited:
It's just I've seen you mention it a few times Gerd (like you're trying to make a point of it) yet the truth is there for us all to see. Maybe I've bitten because I'm bored of constantly hearing how badly we're missing Ronaldo and how poor we are now, when we're second in the league and strolling through the cups so take no offence. :)

Fact is though, we're clearly no more vulnerable than any other team in the league bar Chelsea who aren't exactly impenetrable themselves. Bear in mind we always start slowly and pick up towards the end of the season, and we haven't played consistently in top gear since 07/08 and I don't think we could be singled out as vulnerable. We've played all the rest of the big four as well as Tottenham, Everton and City whereas the other 'challengers' haven't so it's harder to get a fair picture.

Anyway, back to Spurs.

Watching yesterday it occurred to me that if England are hit by injury at the World Cup, it could be possible to have 4 of the front 6 from Tottenham... Lennon, Huddlestone, Crouch and Defoe. They linked up really well yesterday (what a shame Kranjcar is Croatian ;))).

Last edited:
Watching the highlights is was great to see very few long balls to Crouch, perhaps now they've realised that even without Modric we still have ball players in the squad.

Hopefully Arry wont make the same stupid mistake and play Keane from the left, Niko was excellent yesterday.

I didn't react to your post jumbo.
And i'm not convinced that Ronaldo is such a big loss...the fact is that Man Utd haven't bought that good this summer. Not that i think Valencia is a bad player, but they need to buy some midfielders IMHO (Giggs and Scholes won't last ages and Nani is not the solution IMHO).

I have to admit that Liverpool have a better team on paper, but Man Utd are doing better right now...if Man Utd would win the league, that would be deserved....every team that wins a competition over 38 matches has deserved it.

Ha come on, i have no hate for Man Utd...not again...that is the reason why i never visit the Man Utd thread....

When Man Utd won both the league and the CL i said that they deserved it because they had a wonderfull team...Ryan Giggs is one of my all time favourite players (just like Schmeichel, Cantona, and Sammy Mc Illroy).
Why do i always have to prove that i don't hate Man Utd when i'm merely stating that they look vulnerable ???

Is it because i'm a former fan who does not like Ferguson ? Am i allowed to a personal opinion.

I'm not neutral because i consider myself a fan of Spurs in England. But i'm also a fan of teams like Lille, Palermo and Wolfsburg...the club i supported in Belgiump doesn't exists anymore...

PS: why am i even bothering...and that in a thread about another team.
Oh right, you hate Ferguson. I don't have a problem with you hating Man Utd, I just thought this might have been clouding your judgement.

9 goals against any team in a league game is great though, so no need to downplay it.

Ex-Spurs left back Edman had a torrid time trying to deal with Lennon.

I never said i hate Ferguson...i don't like him.

PS: sorry to be off-topic, i consider this closed now...in this thread...it will return, i'm sure of that.

I wouldn't read anything into that result, would have preferred he put out a fringe side, at least they have something to prove. Bale was good though.

Pav still can't get a game, pathetic.

I wouldn't read anything into that result, would have preferred he put out a fringe side, at least they have something to prove. Bale was good though.

Pav still can't get a game, pathetic.
Not just that result tobi, at times you lot look fantastic, other times just poor, you had a lot of the ball just the last pass and shot was poor...

I'm not sure what buzzkill means, but coming from you i have an idea.
I'll try to explain myself.
I consider myself a Spurs fan, but a score like that will have more impact on Wigan (a club i like a lot) than on Spurs...it could give the winning team a boost, but we all know Spurs..consistency isn't their strongest point...of course it's nice if your team wins 9-1, but it's only 3 points...i hope you understand what i mean...
I'd agree with you if Spurs had just won 4-0 or maybe even 5-0 but how often do you get to see someone score 9 goals in a competitive game? A 9-1 result is a very memorable result and definately worth celebrating no matter who you are.
I mean, with all the great moments we've had through the years, and with my bad memory, I still remember our 9-0 win over Ipswich over 10 years ago.
You sound a little too cold and negative for someone who's apparently a Spurs fan.

:LOL: This is what I dont get about you. You'll try to convince us that you dont hate us but you make comments like that. What happened to the "but its only 3 points" mentality? And what is "although Man Utd is vunerable this season" supposed to imply? That we can conceed 9 too? :LOL:

Come on now, it's pretty obvious what he means. If you beat an average team like Wigan 9-1 it's a special (albeit freakish) result. To do the same thing against one of the best clubs in Europe, i.e. Man Utd would be something else because the opposition is of a significantly higher calibre. That is all.

I think he mentioned us because we are vunerable and the result would be possible whereas against Chelsea or Liverpool this would never happen.

I think it's pretty obvious that joystick has understood what i meant.
Concerning Liverpool and Chelsea.
Liverpool is nowhere near Man Utd this season.
Chelsea looks stronger.

And of course Man Utd is a big club.

About Spurs: it's pretty obvious why they lost: Bale played. The curse of Bale (still i think he's a very good and promising player).

That's tongue in cheek right Gerd?

He'll be starting when BAE goes to the African Nations Cup next month.

Tobi, i really love Bale.
I'm not sure if it's still true, but last season (rather at the end of the season), i heard in the Guardian's podcast that Spurs lost every single match where Bale started...must be tough for a young player...

Back
Top Bottom