Tottenham Thread

I think that record still stands, its an unfortunate coincidence.

Seems like Lennon is having that next step season, I didn't expect it to be honest. Will be interesting to see if he carries it throughout the season.

I think he will, he is even putting decent balls in with his left foot.

Were struggling to break down teams that park the bus, if Arry looked at the whole squad more often then he'd realise that Gio can play on the right wing in Lennon's absence.

Yep he doesn't like him, about three weeks ago he talked up Gio in the press, he came on as a sub vs Stoke but we haven't seen him since.

He can be very useful for us, he is the only other player that we have that can be an outlet on the wings. I haven't seen yesterday's highlights yet but Modric and Niko were both in midfield, with Lennon out injured that means that Bale was providing all the width. That just makes us very predictable.

He is just stagnating at our club along with Pav, he is good enough to add a different dimension to the team but Arry doesn't/refuses to see it.

Man City losing and Villa being held by West Ham has softened the blow though.

I realise that but it doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't scored at home vs Stoke, Wolves and now Hull.

I did not see the match against Stoke.
Against Wolves we were very poor, but against Hull IMHO we played one of our better matches and that without Lennon who is arguably our best player this season.

Gio and Pav are two very talented players.

You'd have thought someone with the experience of 'Arry would have spotted their potential and utitlised them.

Pav might aswell leave as 'Arry clearly signed Crouch as the same sort of option which he obviously prefers.

Gio im not so sure how good he is, Never really did much at Barca, and has only done well at Ipswich in the Championship though he's only 20.

I've watched Gio play for the Mexican u-17 team when he was 15/16 I think. His style was almost exactly Ronaldinho-like. Good thing about him back then all that shine wasn't just to show off, he was actually pretty good and helped his team win the cup. Think he also won best player or some individual trophy.

Then in 2009 he helped the Mexican national team win the gold cup and won the MVP award.

I've no idea why he doesn't play first team football yet. Sell him to a team that can make full use of his talent.

I've watched Gio play for the Mexican u-17 team when he was 15/16 I think. His style was almost exactly Ronaldinho-like. Good thing about him back then all that shine wasn't just to show off, he was actually pretty good and helped his team win the cup. Think he also won best player or some individual trophy.

Then in 2009 he helped the Mexican national team win the gold cup and won the MVP award.

I've no idea why he doesn't play first team football yet. Sell him to a team that can make full use of his talent.

Gold Cup was a joke most of the US squad went back to their respective clubs for most of them were in SA for the confed. Cup and Carlos Vela won the Golden boot for U-17 comp.

I do think Dos Santos is good ,but he`s at a club where his needs won`t be met

Gold Cup was a joke most of the US squad went back to their respective clubs for most of them were in SA for the confed. Cup and Carlos Vela won the Golden boot for U-17 comp.

I do think Dos Santos is good ,but he`s at a club where his needs won`t be met
A lot of Mexico's first choice players didn't play in the Gold Cup either.

A lot of Mexico's first choice players didn't play in the Gold Cup either.

said who?

1 Ochoa • 2 Magallón • 3 Rodríguez • 4 Dueñas • 5 Pinto • 6 Torrado • 7 Medina • 8 I. Castro • 9 Bravo • 10 Franco • 11 Vela • 12 Corona • 13 Barrera • 14 Sabah • 15 J. Castro • 16 Esquivel • 17 Giovani • 18 Cárdenas • 19 Noriega • 20 Martínez • 21 Valenzuela • 22 Juárez •

And how many of those were based in Europe?

Even Honduras sent a reserve team, most teams used it as an opportunity to give fringe players a chance to shine.

what r you on about ? Mexico employs lots of their players from this neck of the world (their country). I`m not sure what you`re implying too , if they play abroad their automatically chosen in the squad. I always thought if you`re playing a lot that helps to convince ,but even Beckham is not on as of yet it`s the boss`s choice. I don`t hear of many South American coaches traveling to Europe to watch a player play I know they keep in contact w/ the club at best.

Mexico wanted to win the Gold Cup , a new coach he needed the support from fans. They had some injuries and a few players not match fit. The USA put out a very weak team he was more concern w/ top spot to qualify for WC. Bradley was over the moon by hammering the ACN winners Egypt which aren`t even in the WC :LOL: and beating Espana! So he said He wanted to try young players that never been in a Tourney of this nature....manage to go into the final too but Mexico was miles ahead scoring for fun too.

Honduras?!?! you never seen them play have ya ?:LOL:

what r you on about ? Mexico employs lots of their players from this neck of the world (their country). I`m not sure what you`re implying too , if they play abroad their automatically chosen in the squad. I always thought if you`re playing a lot that helps to convince ,but even Beckham is not on as of yet it`s the boss`s choice. I don`t hear of many South American coaches traveling to Europe to watch a player play I know they keep in contact w/ the club at best.

Mexico wanted to win the Gold Cup , a new coach he needed the support from fans. They had some injuries and a few players not match fit. The USA put out a very weak team he was more concern w/ top spot to qualify for WC. Bradley was over the moon by hammering the ACN winners Egypt which aren`t even in the WC :LOL: and beating Espana! So he said He wanted to try young players that never been in a Tourney of this nature....manage to go into the final too but Mexico was miles ahead scoring for fun too.

Honduras?!?! you never seen them play have ya ?:LOL:
The point is the Aguirre left out many regulars from Europe, like Salcido, Osorio, Guardardo, Marquez, Franco, Rodriguez, Castillo etc so it was nowhere near their strongest side.

But I guess US fans want to downplay their humbling in the final, as usual.

At best, Aguirre picked an experimental side. You got smashed by a side of a similar standard to your own. Get over it.

you having a laugh Franco scored and was upfont w/ Vela and Castillo and Marquez not match fit...they deserve it was clearly better on the day.

Ah, of course, Franco was called up as a replacement, he wasn't even in the original squad.

I don't even know why I'm bothering with this, I'm neither a Mexico nor USA fan.

You could say Mexico were probably more determined to set the record straight after underachieving in WCQ under Eriksson but there isn't much difference in terms of quality or depth between the two sides at the moment.

you were worrying me for a moment there...I was grabbing at straws next...Mexico has a strong side. I recently became proud of the US for beating Eygpt and I don`t even know anything about them only that they beat Côte d'Ivoire to win the tourney. And the US made the shock win over Spain friendly or not it was against Cesc :CONFUSE:. Brazil will always beat US its mental and Mexico and US plays so much they practically know each others blood type

edit: btw Franco didn`t even play in a club he was released from Villarreal I think

Umm.. My intention was to prove Gio is a very good and talented player. Where did this discussion head to? :P

Another shit performance and another demonstration of how one dimensional and clueless Arry is.

:BRICK:

Lovely goal made in Croatia yesterday, Luka's best game since coming back from the injury.

Its amazing how Arry kept picking Crouch up front ahead of Super Pav, the way the whole team's play style changes when Pav is up front with JD is incredible. Arry should be ashamed of himself.

Hopefully The Hudd's injury won't keep him out for too long, the game changed completely when he went off.

I can't wait for Lennon's return, Azza on the RW, Luka floating from the left, Bale flying up the left side of the pitch and Super Pav up front :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
The battle for fourth is really tight at the moment and you can't really see out of Liverpool/Spurs/City/Villa who's going to get it. The one thing that helps you and City though is the squads compared to the other 2.

How hard you think your run in is Tob compared to the other 3?

Three wins from the next four league games is a realistic target with Stoke away being a potential banana slip. After that we got the gooners, Chelski and Man Utd in consecutive games.

These matches will simply boil down to two things,

- Will the manager step up as a tactician and not play four CM's in midfield (with Wilson on the left) like he did against the gooners...

- And will the players man up and have the right mentality come crunch time.

In matches against the teams above us this season we've been poor collectively, two of the three upcoming matches will be at home and that certainly helps.

21 or 23 more points I reckon, I haven't looked at the other team's fixtures yet but I heard on the radio that Villa's is more favourable.

Back
Top Bottom