Tottenham Thread

u lot are gunna get ur ass handed by livepool. they are no arsenal and as soon as they score their usual lucky fluky goal, its game over. dont expect to get anything out of the liverpool(preys that u do and arsenal win)

This is either one of those comments you hoped you didn't do or one moment where you shouldn't say anything and shut up. :BLINK:

wow congrats guys!! Quite a win against Liverpool!! hmm... Rednapp is doing and saying something which Ramos hasn't done!!

Good win. Won't jump on the Redknapp bandwagon though.

Better take points of United as well while you're at it.

We got out played but that old football cliche bit Liverpool in the ass, 7 points from 9 is lovely.

u lot are gunna get ur ass handed by livepool. they are no arsenal and as soon as they score their usual lucky fluky goal, its game over. dont expect to get anything out of the liverpool(preys that u do and arsenal win)

Oops...great prediction jonney....please make one like that every week, it brings luck.

Spurs won the way Liverpool usually wins this season (Standard, Boro, Wigan,...).
Great fighting spirit and Bentley is clearly on form...

Maybe another keeper in january...(how bad was Gerrard, he wantedto do something beautifull but should have passed to Keane...Lampard showed why he's much better in Chelsea's match...he passed unselfishly...).

Last edited:
We don't need a new keeper, Gomes just needs to get his confidence back, in the first few games of the season he wsn't doing what he has done in the last 4 games.

Oops...great prediction jonney....please make one like that every week, it brings luck.

Spurs won the way Liverpool usually wins this season (Standard, Boro, Wigan,...).
Great fighting spirit and Bentley is clearly on form...

Maybe another keeper in january...(how bad was Gerrard, he wantedto do something beautifull but should have passed to Keane...Lampard showed why he's much better in Chelsea's match...he passed unselfishly...).

gerd, I get what your saying, but Liverpool have never ever been outplayed this season by anyone.

Boro, they scored an early goal, we pressed and pressed and pressed for the rest of the game and scored 2 late goals. Wigan, scored with two oppotunities, a mistake by Agger and an outstanding individual goal. We then scored three after a long run of pressure.

United scored early, we got one back before half time, and were by far the better team just before half time and in the entire second half.

You were outplayed by Standard in Liège Peter...clearly outplayed.
I've seen the match now and Liverpool were clearly second best.

Butit's not that important. I don't like watching Liverpool, but i admire their clever play...but sometimes it goes wrong and as a Spurs fan i'm glad it was against Spurs. Of course Liverpool were the better team, but sometimes that is not enough.
What is positive for Spurs is that they showed fighting spirit. Right now they need results, they have good players but they need results to get confidence when they will have a couple more good results they will play better football and will win matches they deserve to win...

was they? from match of the day, liverpool where all over spurs. liverpool hit the post twice and had lots of other chances. liverpool gifted a goal to u lot.

spurs are riding their luck no doubt against pool and arsenal but as you know, you cant rely on luck all the time.

Spurs rode their luck, but you need that sometimes. They did do well in the last 20 mins.

Still not all over Redknapp. Think he's decent, but the whole 'Harry mania' is a bit cringing. They've been playing just as badly, but have had a bit of luck.

Think they'll got out of the relegation fight, and then be stuck in the bottom half of the table. Don't really expect Redknapp to take them much further.

how bad was Gerrard, he wantedto do something beautifull but should have passed to Keane...Lampard showed why he's much better in Chelsea's match...he passed unselfishly...

Gerrard was one of the better players in the match. You obviously missed his beautiful chip over Gomes, that hit the crossbar. Lampard is much better? If you say so :BLEH:

Gerrard was one of the better players in the match. You obviously missed his beautiful chip over Gomes, that hit the crossbar. Lampard is much better? If you say so :BLEH:

I was talking about his beautiful chip abhishek...he should have passed to Keane and a goal was garanteed...
Gerrard has great figthing spirit and a fantastic shot.
Lamaprd has a great shot, great passing, great vision and fighting spirit. Gerrard is a poor man's Lampard...but we wil never agree on this... i don't agree but i respect your opinion.

I was talking about his beautiful chip abhishek...he should have passed to Keane and a goal was garanteed...
Lamaprd has a great shot, great passing, great vision and fighting spirit. Gerrard is a poor man's Lampard...but we wil never agree on this... i don't agree but i respect your opinion.

Im a United fan and think thats very unfair. Gerrard is a quality player and if anything he has much more vision than Lampard.

Its amazing what confidence does for players.

Dear Friend,

Part of the greatness of football means accepting the rules of a sporting event that is quite simply a game.

After almost 20 years in this profession, I know all the unwritten rules of football, which is why I accept the decision made by the bosses at Tottenham Hotspur. Now it is simply time to say goodbye and thank you.

Coincidently, it is exactly one year ago today that I first entered the world of English football, and it is today that I say goodbye and thank you to you all.

We joined the team, filled with enthusiasm, when they were in the relegation zone, in a similar situation to the one they are in at the moment. We had a good start and got to the middle of the League table. As well as this, we also qualified for Europe, which had seemed like an almost impossible task. It took great a effort on behalf of the whole team but we achieved out goal despite the difficulties.

We also managed to win a Cup after nine years without success, which brought immense joy to the team and the fans. For this reason we can say that the season was a tremendously successful one.

During the summer we had quite a difficult pre-season due to the changes in the team, which meant that we couldn’t work as calmly as a pre-season requires. Some of the new players were very young, and despite their quality they needed time to adapt and mature, which unfortunately the intensity of the competition hasn’t allowed them to do yet.

When Robbie Keane and Berbatov left the club, it had a huge effect on the team as they were key players with regard to tactics, goal scoring abilities and also as team mates they had an important influence. All this has led to a situation which I hope will change as soon as possible because the Club and the fans deserve success.

First of all, I want to tell the Spurs fans how grateful I am for the way they have treated me. Thank you for your support, respect and kindness, and even for your constructive criticism. You have made me feel very happy for many months and I am only sorry not to have been able to offer you more magical evenings like the one at Wembley last February. You have always been with the team and I thank you for unconditional support.

I would also like to send a special message to all the people who work at the Club. The family that is Tottenham Hotspur; you are the people who make it all possible. You have treated me excellently, both on a professional and personal level, I send you my eternal gratitude and affection.

Lastly, I want to thank Tottenham and the Directors for giving me this opportunity to fulfil my dream. I had always wanted to coach a Club in England - the home of football – to feel the emotion and live the experience of the Premier League.

Thank you all, goodbye, and TO DARE IS TO DO…COME ON YOU SPURS!

Jaunde Ramos is a true gentleman, I wonder what he is thinking now.

Where did you get that tobi ???

As glad as i am for thewin, i think Spurs were rather lucky sunday against Man City...the first sending off changed the match completely...it seems that Bentley and Modric are getting better and better...

To a point I agree with you Gerd, speaking in terms of technical ability Gerrard is better, but overall I think Lampard contributes so much more to the team than Gerrard does. In terms of goals and assists, something Gerrard gets A LOT of praise for, I think Frank has scored nearly 30 more goals over the past 5 or 6 seasons) and set up more too. Gerrard is good but I would rather have a Lampard than a Gerrard definitely.

Sorry for the offtopic post...

Anyway, I'm glad to see Spurs doing better again, they've got the potential to be a really great team and listening to what Darren Bent said about not feeling confident under Ramos makes you realise how little it takes to turn talented footballers into donkeys.

Where did you get that tobi ???

As glad as i am for thewin, i think Spurs were rather lucky sunday against Man City...the first sending off changed the match completely...it seems that Bentley and Modric are getting better and better...

Its on his official website.

true the first sending opened the game for you guys!! But kudos taking the 3 points!! Bent is stunning under Rednapp!! Lol!!

It sounded like it was a poor performance today.

Harry needs to get into Gomes' head.

Well, beyond Gomes' slight resurgence and the honeymoon period now being officially ended early for Harry Nintendo, has anybody heard rumours of who we could be going for in the transfer window?

As much as I like Pavlyuchenko's style, his substance is lacking, whether it be just for now or for his Spurs career completely. Bent is bent, simple as that. Will get there (top form), but will take his time (due to the bentness, he veers off course), and when he gets there he swerves out of form.

Shit metaphors aside, it feels bad when I'd rather play The Hudd up front right now.

Kevin-Kung-Fu Boateng didn't inspire me today whatsoever, I would personally keep him out of the first 18 for at least a month.

Didn't think Pavlyuchenko was that bad for you to be honest... I think you're trouble is in midfield, without Modric you've noone who can really supply the strikers with that killer ball, the service to the stikers was shocking today.

I don't really rate Lennon or Bently as crossers, they are both good at running wide but their delivery is a bit suspect... Zakora is ok, but mainly a defensive player so I dont see him making telling passes in the business end of the pitch. I've never really rated Huddlestone at all, he's always struck me as a lumbering pugilist of a player a bit too podgy and lacking the vision to be a great player.

Proxi what do you mean when you say that Roman is lacking substance?

To be honest I'd rather have Roman upfront than Bent because he can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Also he is a genuine threat in the air and he makes more intelligent runs.

I have nothing against Bent its just that watching him play reminds me of what BMJ said about JD - his all round game isn't that great, he is a predator fair enough but he doesn't do much else. Against certain teams starting Bent in a 4-5-1 will work but against most teams Id start Roman.

And I haven't seen yesterdays game yet.

Proxi what do you mean when you say that Roman is lacking substance?

To be honest I'd rather have Roman upfront than Bent because he can hold up the ball and bring others into play. Also he is a genuine threat in the air and he makes more intelligent runs.

I have nothing against Bent its just that watching him play reminds me of what BMJ said about JD - his all round game isn't that great, he is a predator fair enough but he doesn't do much else. Against certain teams starting Bent in a 4-5-1 will work but against most teams Id start Roman.

And I haven't seen yesterdays game yet.

Something I agree on. Bent is definetely excellent and clinical finisher, but otherwise his game is non-existant. If he can get service, he'll deliver, but when team is out of form and modric injured there's not much that much service.

And Lennon put some quality balls into the box!

Pics from Xmas party

n747372005_1159233_8677.jpg

spurspartyXP_450x382.jpg

dossantosXP_450x399.jpg

balespursXP_450x327.jpg

:LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom