The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Assignments..

They're really doing my head in, should have started one today but I was so tired from working last night, that after classes today I just fell asleep for a kip and its now 7pm... looks like I'll need to step up a gear!

I feel your pain. My company has made an announcement this morning that there are going to be 3 redundancies. My boss is coming to pick me up (still can't drive because of the ankle) at 8:30am tomorrow and we're going for coffee to talk about it...

Good luck Timbo - It will be fine. I bet he is just consulting you on who you think he should get rid of :)) you will be his sidekick and then get a raise :DD

Unluck Jay but I'll, y'know, keep tabs on the school, see how you get on. Good luck Tim. Don't want anyone to be affected by companies claiming credit crunch to cut costs. :(

Mac Computers.. Using one for my assignment as its got XP on it as there is no PCs free... just tried to load up a previous assignment turns out it not compatible now I wonder if I start my next assignment on this Mac would I be able to finish it off tomorrow on a standard PC?

And Oh Evo-Web main forum page thinking im a guest when I'm logged in :S

Mac Computers.. Using one for my assignment as its got XP on it as there is no PCs free... just tried to load up a previous assignment turns out it not compatible now I wonder if I start my next assignment on this Mac would I be able to finish it off tomorrow on a standard PC?

And Oh Evo-Web main forum page thinking im a guest when I'm logged in :S

It's not the Mac though is it, it's the software. Who ever put XP on a Mac when you already have OSX needs shooting :). Windows has a time and place.

As long as you use the same software it should be fine. I assume you're talking about Microsoft Office (word/excel/powerpoint documents) for your assignments. You need to ensure they are cross compatible, make sure you save the file as a .doc/.xls/.ppt (Office 1997-2003) rather than the new .docx/.xlsx/.pptx files that only work with the latest version of Office. It should then potentially work on any computer that has Office.

Last edited:
It's not the Mac though is it, it's the software. Who ever put XP on a Mac when you already have OSX needs shooting :). Windows has a time and place.

As long as you use the same software it should be fine. I assume you're talking about Microsoft Office (word/excel/powerpoint documents) for your assignments. You need to ensure they are cross compatible, make sure you save the file as a .doc/.xls/.ppt (Office 1997-2003) rather than the new .docx/.xlsx/.pptx files that only work with the latest version of Office. It should then potentially work on any computer that has Office.

The Uni has complaints off people saying there were not enough PCs free so they put both OSX and XP on it and its solved the problem... cheers for that info I'm supposed to be working but the lure of St Patrick's Day is calling me....

Well the boss said they are still looking for 2 more volunteers to come forward for voluntary redundancy. If not then they will have to make 2 people redundant, and he said the criteria they were going to use would be objective things, such as sick days etc. Which basically means unless some volunteers come forward then I am fucked.

Well the boss said they are still looking for 2 more volunteers to come forward for voluntary redundancy. If not then they will have to make 2 people redundant, and he said the criteria they were going to use would be objective things, such as sick days etc. Which basically means unless some volunteers come forward then I am fucked.

Thats fucking shit mate - Sorry to here. Have you had many sick days then apart from with your foot?

You should start looking for jobs as soon as possible if it is more than likely.

My mate has been made redundant a couple of times and was gutted both times and thought that he wouldn't find anything as good etc. But everytime he moved onto something better and he enjoyed more.

Sometimes these things can be a positive - I know it doesn't seem like it now.

Anyway you haven't been made redundant yet, so hopefully others come forward.

Cheers Bobster, (and mj ;))). I haven't had many days off sick apart from these last 2 weeks either no.

Are they allowed to use sick days as a valid reason? Isn't that discrimination?

i don't think that is allowed to come into play but i am no expert

I think if you have lots of single days here and there then it can be considered as they look a bit fishy.

But Tims foot - he has a doctors note to say he has to be off and his boss has seen it aswell. So It is very harsh if they use that as an excuse.

St Patricks Day

It's not the Irish, they're fine, it;'s the fact that English people seem more bothered by it than St Georges Day, the same one's that go on about how we cant be proud to be English cos of the 'foreigners'.

This morning they played loads of Irish songs on the radio, then at work one department all came in wearing green and everyone's saying shall we go out for a drink etc for St Pat's! When it's St Georges nobody even bloody knows.

Fucks. Me. Off.

St Patricks Day

It's not the Irish, they're fine, it;'s the fact that English people seem more bothered by it than St Georges Day, the same one's that go on about how we cant be proud to be English cos of the 'foreigners'.

This morning they played loads of Irish songs on the radio, then at work one department all came in wearing green and everyone's saying shall we go out for a drink etc for St Pat's! When it's St Georges nobody even bloody knows.

Fucks. Me. Off.

Thats because its tradition to go and get pissed on St Patricks Day. Not Many Dragons around these days for St Georges day :((

Cheques taking three days to clear :BRICK:

If bank transfers can now be done in 2 hours, why can't cheques?

Sick days can be used in redundancy criteria as they'd come under "attendance record" so see how you do there. The criteria and all that is generally bollocks, though, in my opinion. I've been through a couple of redundancy situations and both times I got the impression the people had already been selected in advance...

As Bob said, though, smarten up the CV and get onto agencies and the like anyway. Even if you aren't made redundant you might get a better job elsewhere so it doesn't hurt to look.

:BLINK: Damn, that's shocking...

St Patricks Day

Fucks. Me. Off.

"Te be sure n all tis a fine day for us Irish"... Damn I need a green smil... hang on...:SICK: Not great but it is green "te be sure"...

Back
Top Bottom