The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I'm with Virgin and never get cold called!

Best thing to do though is just have a bit of fun with it and wind them up. Get them to explain what they're selling in great detail and ask loads of questions and sound interested so you keep them on much longer than they want and by the end of the call the roles are reversed and THEY are trying to get rid of YOU.

Give it a go Sarah, might cheer you up next time they call!

our 10 year old tv set in the living room caught fire today...thanks to the fast reaction of my sister and quick thinking to get an extinguisher nothing really happened, but holy shit! how is that even possible? a loewe set, not some no name bullcrap.

they had a product recall in 2007 for all their tv's built from 99 to 2001 - too bad nobody told us! clearly stated that 800.000 produced tv's are a fire hazard and HAVE to be repaired. i'm just so glad nothing else happened, but damn, what a shock.

they had a product recall in 2007 for all their tv's built from 99 to 2001 - too bad nobody told us! clearly stated that 800.000 produced tv's are a fire hazard and HAVE to be repaired. i'm just so glad nothing else happened, but damn, what a shock.
Lucky you spotted it, a lot of TVs and stuff left on standby go up in flames...

Realising I have had Sky HD for over a year but I had been watching it on the wrong output .

For over a year I had been watching it on EXT-1 (Which is a scart lead), After I plugged my PS3 into the TV and put the HDMI lead into the EXT-6 slot (where the sky one was but I never bloody noticed it), I thought to myself "How is the Sky HD working If Im not on that output?". So I put my TV onto EXT-6 with Sky plugged in again...........

Well fuck me what a waste of money for a whole year, the HD looks fucking insane!!!

I always thought to football looked wank but now OH MY GOD

what a mug

Realising I have had Sky HD for over a year but I had been watching it on the wrong output .

For over a year I had been watching it on EXT-1 (Which is a scart lead), After I plugged my PS3 into the TV and put the HDMI lead into the EXT-6 slot (where the sky one was but I never bloody noticed it), I thought to myself "How is the Sky HD working If Im not on that output?". So I put my TV onto EXT-6 with Sky plugged in again...........

Well fuck me what a waste of money for a whole year, the HD looks fucking insane!!!

what a mug

joe :FAIL:

what a mug

:LOL:

Surely you cant know less about technology then Jay?

our 10 year old tv set in the living room caught fire today...thanks to the fast reaction of my sister and quick thinking to get an extinguisher nothing really happened, but holy shit! how is that even possible? a loewe set, not some no name bullcrap.

I'm more surprised that you had a fire extingiuisher in the house rather then a 10 yr old tv blowing up

what a mug

:D

I have three, and one in each car... :COP:

i think in europe its law that you have to have one in your car.

i think we have one in the kitchen and one upstairs. but really, they must be about 15 years old and be about as much good in a fire as a chocolate fireguard!

i was actually just thinking about throwing them out since we had some decorating done 2 weeks ago - but, idk, just forgot about it

i think in europe its law that you have to have one in your car.

i think we have one in the kitchen and one upstairs. but really, they must be about 15 years old and be about as much good in a fire as a chocolate fireguard!

i was actually just thinking about throwing them out since we had some decorating done 2 weeks ago - but, idk, just forgot about it
Replace them or get them refilled, you never know! we had to use one when a car crashed at the top of our road and also when a neighbour had an electrical fire.
Thankfully I have never had to use one in our house though one did get used at a barbecue one summer but nothing to do with a fire...;)

Okay the Jobcentre are now total fucking idiots yet again. My income support [we're on a low income atm due to the credit crunch and what not], did not go in today as it usually would, so I called up to see where it were as I need to buy our lad some new shoes and clothes. So I call, they ask for my address as usual and I give them it. They ask again, so I tell them it again. Woman goes quiet for ages which is odd... so I'm on hold for a while.

Now here's the real golden nugget- They say that the address they have downloaded on their system says that the one I told them is not where I am living, and that I am or have been living recently in INDIA?! INDIA?! Where the fuck have they got this from?!?! I can only just afford to pay the fucking bills let alone immigrate to bloody India, where I never want to go anyway [I prefer a more tropical scene like Greece] so where the fuck has this come from?! So they told me I had to go in to see them and to wait for an appointment would take fucking ages so I told them "no, I need this money, we've skint and I have to get some clothes for our son" now I have to wait for another dullard to call me back and it could mean nothing and I'd still have to go down. How much of a moron can you be?! Twats.

Last edited:
Okay the Jobcentre are now total fucking idiots yet again. My income support [we're on a low income atm due to the credit crunch and what not], did not go in today as it usually would, so I called up to see where it were as I need to buy our lad some new shoes and clothes. So I call, they ask for my address as usual and I give them it. They ask again, so I tell them it again. Woman goes quiet for ages which is odd... so I'm on hold for a while.

Now here's the real golden nugget- They say that the address they have downloaded on their system says that the one I told them is not where I am living, and that I am or have been living recently in INDIA?! INDIA?! Where the fuck have they got this from?!?! I can only just afford to pay the fucking bills let alone immigrate to bloody India, where I never want to go anyway [I prefer a more tropical scene like Greece] so where the fuck has this come from?! So they told me I had to go in to see them and to wait for an appointment would take fucking ages so I told them "no, I need this money, we've skint and I have to get some clothes for our son" now I have to wait for another dullard to call me back and it could mean nothing and I'd still have to go down. How much of a moron can you be?! Twats.

and you know what makes it worse? You pay their fucking wages with your tax! ALL our tax - fucking idiots!

I understand that maybe its policy with an error like this that they actually might need to see you. But what the fuck ever - cant they use some common sense or is it part of the job description when you apply to work there, that you have none?!

I remember going there a few times when i was on job seekers allowence because i couldnt get a job for love nor money through no fault of my own - and the people in there are a bunch of retards (and thats being kind)

Its like a hospital, only worse - you feel like time stands still and you're just waiting to die. You can look from one side of the room to the other and feel physically sick by the people you see in there - do they wash? when was the last time they took a shower or brushed their teeth? Can they speak properly?! Fuck no - stupid fucking illiterate scum (not the ones that are actually trying to find work or or have a valid reason for being there - other then - 'im lazy, so give me money')

JESUS

You're right as well that's the sad thing, everything you've said is spot on. I remember when I lost my job ages ago before I was pregnant and I went there every other day and it was just awful, full of bums, chavs smoking fags, and immigrants who couldn't speak English. I feel sorry for anyone who has to get there.

Back
Top Bottom