The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

I thought he meant his own sister. I'm still interested though :DD

All that build-up and he still hasn't typed it!

MOTD!

They were just showing Bolton vs Arsenal and it was a prime example of why I hate the show and stopped watching it years ago.

On Bolton's goal the camera zoomed in on Davis about 4 times before he headed the ball in - almost as if to hint he was about to score. It could be pure chance as he's a target man so would make sense. But it happens in every MOTD highlights package - a free kick can happen and they'll start to talk about how Player X who is stood miles off to the left of the wall is asking for a pass or that he hasn't scored for a while. and you're thinking... but he's not stood over the ball so why are you telling me that? - and then the ball will be sent to that player who kicks it and scores.

They'll randomly mention history between the two clubs and say something like 'the last time these teams met at the start of the season was in 1975 and arsenal beat Bolton 3-1 back then'. And leave it at that so you're thinking 'why are you telling me about a 3-1 score from 1975?' and then it finishes 3-1.

Without a doubt they'll throw in a quick line about a player who is about to score along the lines of.

"Now here comes Rooney, he's got the ball... Tevez is asking for a pass... but here comes Fletcher who hasn't scored in 46 games... ... ... ... and wouldn't you believe it... he scores a beauty!

Yeah they always have handy stats with them but when you watch Sky and the above had just happened they would be sat there live with no idea Fletcher was coming to score so they'd keep chatting about Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo. They'd look like idiots if Fletcher came running down the wing and they started to say 'Well here comes flethcher who hasn't scored in 46 games. Oh... while i was saying that Rooney played a one two to Tevez and went on to score again to make it 3 - 0'

Or they'll use that line at the start of the highlights on the team sheets by saying 'Arsenal bring in a couple of changes from their mid week European game. Eboue on the left wing and Bendtner up front, both who have yet to score in open play this season' - And there you go.. they both score from open play... AND to make it worse they never once mentioned the CB who was brought in and who didn't play mid week.. clearly because he didn't score or make any big contribution and of course they already knew that so why risk hyping someone up who will do nothing.

You never hear them question a decision or throw in an opinion on a tackle of suspect offside decision UNLESS it's clear cut and will be a HUGE talking point after the game. It's as if they already know what the outcome was on every decision so it's not worth saying 'That was a clear cut foul' and risk looking stupid when the referee doesn't give anything and the replays show there was nothing wrong with it.

Someone can take a shot at 60mph, the ball hits someone who had their back to our camera and the MOTD commentator will shout out, 'it hits his hands and that's a penalty' almost before the referee has blown his whistle.

It just stinks of smug scripting and how they're all desperate to get the next iconic 'they think it's all over...' line in.

I hate MOTD

Last edited:
MOTD!

They were just showing Bolton vs Arsenal and it was a prime example of why I hate the show and stopped watching it years ago.

On Bolton's goal the camera zoomed in on Davis about 4 times before he headed the ball in - almost as if to hint he was about to score. It could be pure chance as he's a target man so would make sense. But it happens in every MOTD highlights package - a free kick can happen and they'll start to talk about how Player X who is stood miles off to the left of the wall is asking for a pass or that he hasn't scored for a while. and you're thinking... but he's not stood over the ball so why are you telling me that? - and then the ball will be sent to that player who kicks it and scores.

They'll randomly mention history between the two clubs and say something like 'the last time these teams met at the start of the season was in 1975 and arsenal beat Bolton 3-1 back then'. And leave it at that so you're thinking 'why are you telling me about a 3-1 score from 1975?' and then it finishes 3-1.

Without a doubt they'll throw in a quick line about a player who is about to score along the lines of.

"Now here comes Rooney, he's got the ball... Tevez is asking for a pass... but here comes Fletcher who hasn't scored in 46 games... ... ... ... and wouldn't you believe it... he scores a beauty!

Yeah they always have handy stats with them but when you watch Sky and the above had just happened they would be sat there live with no idea Fletcher was coming to score so they'd keep chatting about Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo. They'd look like idiots if Fletcher came running down the wing and they started to say 'Well here comes flethcher who hasn't scored in 46 games. Oh... while i was saying that Rooney played a one two to Tevez and went on to score again to make it 3 - 0'

Or they'll use that line at the start of the highlights on the team sheets by saying 'Arsenal bring in a couple of changes from their mid week European game. Eboue on the left wing and Bendtner up front, both who have yet to score in open play this season' - And there you go.. they both score from open play... AND to make it worse they never once mentioned the CB who was brought in and who didn't play mid week.. clearly because he didn't score or make any big contribution and of course they already knew that so why risk hyping someone up who will do nothing.

You never hear them question a decision or throw in an opinion on a tackle of suspect offside decision UNLESS it's clear cut and will be a HUGE talking point after the game. It's as if they already know what the outcome was on every decision so it's not worth saying 'That was a clear cut foul' and risk looking stupid when the referee doesn't give anything and the replays show there was nothing wrong with it.

Someone can take a shot at 60mph, the ball hits someone who had their back to our camera and the MOTD commentator will shout out, 'it hits his hands and that's a penalty' almost before the referee has blown his whistle.

It just stinks of smug scripting and how they're all desperate to get the next iconic 'they think it's all over...' line in.

I hate MOTD

Did MOTD say anything about Newcastle to get you that pissed? :LOL: only joking.

I've always wanted to watch MOTD though, But the shows in Italy are the best! however, I don't get any English football shows here in Asia which sums up the week of football in the EPL or other leagues which is disappointing really.

Last edited:
MOTD!

I hate MOTD

The commentators are at the grounds so unless they can see into the future, I think you're wrong :-pp

"WBA haven't beaten Villa since 1984, that's a VERY long time!"

Well how many times have the two teams played since then? They haven't been in the same league every season since 1984 so why bother saying it like they have been? I hate football commentators and their "stats".

Our neighbours toddler throwing rubbish over our fence when we're inside or away etc, which lands in our grate and blocks it without our knowledge (until today), sending waste water from the kitchen out across the back yard.

Aye we do. And we tell them to give over, but they never learn, I just wish they'd speak the language of this country, then they'd maybe understand.

When you're crackin' one off with your favourite copy of Fiesta and you're just about to come but you can't find a good page and you end up shooting all over 'The History of Rolls Royce.'

The 60 minute makeover show...

For one they take over 12 fucking hours...

For two they block up the whole entire STREET.

For three they stop for tea breaks every 60 seconds...

The 60 minute makeover show...

For one they take over 12 fucking hours...

For two they block up the whole entire STREET.

For three they stop for tea breaks every 60 seconds...

Throw in the ads and we only get about 40 minutes of tv make over time - and why does the woman hosting it act like such a bitch and boss people around? I've seen her bitch at someone to paint a wall they're already painting and stop someone to chat to them and then moan at them to get a move on as they don't have much time left.

Back
Top Bottom