The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

There is a strict etiquette I believe should be followed when using the urinals. You should have a distance of around a foot between you and the next person I think, and also if there is say 3 urinals, and only the middle one is free, you should wait for one of the others to free up. I hate trying to piss when you've got some fat cunt stood next to you heaving his belly up talking to his mate in the middle staring at yours and each others cocks.

I get the perfect distance by using my Cock as a measuring device ;)) HOO HAA!!!!!

like someone mentioned before england away games not being shown on normal tv. i dont have sky and cant afford it. greedy fuckers!

like someone mentioned before england away games not being shown on normal tv. i dont have sky and cant afford it. greedy fuckers!

It's just as off pissing if you have Sky as Setanta bought the rights for away games. At least with Sky Sports the commentary isn't bad...!

The BBC NEWS website guys who have been making spelling mistakes every day for the past month, along with headline writers who are equally stupid.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who reads "PARALYMPIC GOLD FOR DEAD MOTHER" and thinks, wow, the dead are allowed to participate in the paralympics now? That's a hell of a disabilty...

Just to confirm my hatred of the BBC and their writers...

This is a quote from THIS article; hopefully they will leave it in its current state so that the world will never employ the writer of the article ever, ever again.

In his second season, he was voted Scotland's player of the year by his fellow.
His fellow? Do you mean his penis?

However, the Japanese says the chief executive has not informed him of the club's plans for him.
The Japanese says? The Japanese what?

Stuff like this makes me want to smash things, I get seriously angry about stuff like that. I'm earning peanuts and these guys are working for the BBC writing shit like that at three o'clock in the morning high on fuck knows what.

Last edited:
The Japanese says? The Japanese what?

Stuff like this makes me want to smash things, I get seriously angry about stuff like that. I'm earning peanuts and these guys are working for the BBC writing shit like that at three o'clock in the morning high on fuck knows what.
You know I love you and will back you up on most pedantry (like your other examples) but this is correct usage of "Japanese" as it is used as the singular noun.

The term "sustainable"

My work related to United Utilities and everywhere you go, it's bloody "sustainable" this or "sustainability" that! It's in papers, TV, everywhere and people use it for anything now!

Even bloody Mike Ashley (Newcastle owner) is using it to talk about Newcastle United!

You know I love you and will back you up on most pedantry (like your other examples) but this is correct usage of "Japanese" as it is used as the singular noun.
In which case it would be "the Japanese say" and not "the Japanese says" surely, if England won a competitive game of football England would say "hurray", England wouldn't "says" hurray...

In which case it would be "the Japanese say" and not "the Japanese says" surely, if England won a competitive game of football England would say "hurray", England wouldn't "says" hurray...

He is talking about the Japanese player - so he is saying that the player 'says' whatever he was saying.

Pedant group high five!

No, my morning coffee, it would appear some of the people are the vermin and I wouldn't moan if they were kicked in the nuts.

Agreed.

The Japanese say - when talking about a group of Japanese people
The Japanese says - when talking about an individual

All the things I've been taught about English are crashing down around me... If that's correct usage it's the first time I've ever seen it. Surely it makes more sense to say "the Japanese chief says" or "the Japanese say". Does not compute, language file failure, the system must shut down...

That quote (no longer in the article) is about Nakamura himself though isn't it? It's just saying that he hasn't been told by the chief executive what the plans for him are. You use "Japanese" there where other nationalities, as already mentioned, would use "Croatian" or "Englishman" - even those two differ in construction. Otherwise what would you use? Japaman, Japanishman?

It's strange but I guess most of the time people avoid using it like that due to it sounding weird so they construct the sentence differently instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking, surely it would be "Japaneseman", if a man from England is an Englishman. It looks odd but it's the same construction. But it could be avoided completely, it all looks odd. Give me a job BBC, I'll do you proud.

I was thinking, surely it would be "Japaneseman", if a man from England is an Englishman. It looks odd but it's the same construction. But it could be avoided completely, it all looks odd. Give me a job BBC, I'll do you proud.

But you don't say the "Spanishman" or the "Croatianman". I would have thought when talking about a Japanese individual you would have to say "The Japanese man" or some word after Japanese otherwise it would sound weird.

Back
Top Bottom