The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Picking the slowest ever fucking checkout lane in the supermarket :MAD:. I only had 3 things, (a tub of olives, orange + pineapple squash and 6x lucozade lemon bottles), and I was literally stood there in the que with 2 people in front of me for 15 minutes :brick:.

:SHAKE: shocking, wont get that at waitrose and when im busting out on the till. Im like lightning!!

:SHAKE: shocking, wont get that at waitrose and when im busting out on the till. Im like lightning!!

Lightn2.jpg

My boss.

Everywhere else on the retail park closes at 7/8.

But we have to stay in till exactly 9 o'clock when we haven't had a customer since 6 o'clock, and we haven't had anything to do since then....

I hope Next goes bankrupt.

Jugs that when you pour water from decide to somehow let the water run down the front of itself and drip all over the floor.

Why the hell does that happen?

Yes, agreed. Plus those cartons with the round hole and screwtop - when you pour out of them it doesn't flow, it pumps out for a second, stops, pumps, stops... So you splash whatever you're trying to pour everywhere. Bloody Pomegreat.

Olive oil bottles without the special lids. You try pouring it out slowly so you dont get too much out, but it ends up dribbling down the side of the bottle. Then you try cleaning it but its oil so it's a bastard.

CB said:
Yes, agreed. Plus those cartons with the round hole and screwtop - when you pour out of them it doesn't flow, it pumps out for a second, stops, pumps, stops... So you splash whatever you're trying to pour everywhere. Bloody Pomegreat.

Groan, you idiot.

What you do is "stab" a hole in the top of the carton at the opposite side of the screw top. You see the stop/start/stop/start flow has to do with air trying to get in whilst fluid trying to get out. Make an extra hole (I always use a fork, thats all thats needed) and then everything can flow as it wants.

Rad has a good point though, they just arent designed properly........

Groan, you idiot.

What you do is "stab" a hole in the top of the carton at the opposite side of the screw top. You see the stop/start/stop/start flow has to do with air trying to get in whilst fluid trying to get out. Make an extra hole (I always use a fork, thats all thats needed) and then everything can flow as it wants.

Rad has a good point though, they just arent designed properly........

But then that defeats the object of a screw lid doesn't it? To keep the drink fresh? I always try to pour cartons like that really slowly so i always have that gap of air above the juice as it pours out

I realise that's why it happens but then it's not a very good fucking design is it? Why should people have to stab a hole in their carton, you don't have to with any others, and as Rad said the whole point of a cap is to keep the stuff from going off. Why would any company use that design, I just don't get it, it doesn't work...

Actually Ive once, only once, came across one that had a small hole just behind the outgoing hole (all under the cap). That worked well :D

Although its in their best interest to keep it how it is now, cheaper caps and any spilage (sp?) means extra sales.

House alarms going off and don't stop for fucking hours. I want to watch a movie but the noise of that bloody alarm will drive me crazy when I'm trying to concentrate on the film :censor:

This is starting to piss me off a bit, but the person I know who does it most is probably myself...

When someone repeats the same thing twice, as if that adds depth to the meaning and makes everyone realise something on a higher level - e.g. "if we win we win, if we don't we don't", "if he scores he scores, if he doesn't he doesn't".

Something that pisses me off, even though it's such a minor, irrelevant thing, is on dvd cases and posters for films, where they have the names of the leading actors across the top or on either side they always seem to have the actors on the opposite side to their names so it looks like this:

Shanghai_Noon.jpg

I know we all know which is which but it just looks cheap and shoddy in my opinion. How hard would it be to put the names the other way around or just flip the picture? :((

Sponsors on the back of football shirts. Aren't there enough adverts, on the front of the shirt, on the hoardings around the pitch, in the match programme and even on the bloody stands? Obviously not, because TRANMERE ARE GETTING SOME. :(

Sponsors on the back of football shirts. Aren't there enough adverts, on the front of the shirt, on the hoardings around the pitch, in the match programme and even on the bloody stands?

Theyve had that in France for years, looks so cheap and tacky. I think they even have small logo's (for different companies from the chest/back) on the sleeves aswell.

Back
Top Bottom