The 'Things That Piss Me Off' Thread

Doctor Rosenpenis?
images

...Dick? What?😁

A levels, visa paperworks, shit agency keep asking for my vietnamese CV (i dont even do vietnamese subjects and ive said the same thing to them every single time ughh)

No smoke, no alcohol and no weed for me... since some years. :CALM:

:YES:It work really well.
N e e d D r u g s A g a i n !🥶 After Konami want to fuck us with his "Warnings" for eOnlineCardCollectingCRAP 2022 with a bit of football.

Properly triggered by the talk of Ancelotti being the first manager to win titles in the 'five major leagues'.

I'll have ranted about this more than once on this forum, but how Ligue 1 can be considered 'major' is beyond me.

Properly triggered by the talk of Ancelotti being the first manager to win titles in the 'five major leagues'.

I'll have ranted about this more than once on this forum, but how Ligue 1 can be considered 'major' is beyond me.
Which one should be the fifth?
Eredivisie?
Liga Portugal?

By last two seasons of CL/EL it should be between Portugal/France right?

Which one should be the fifth?
Eredivisie?
Liga Portugal?

By last two seasons of CL/EL it should be between Portugal/France right?

I've got little issue with it being considered the fifth biggest league right now. Just.

But to say it's a 'major league' suggests prestige. Prestige suggests history. For all of French football's success, its league has underachieved woefully on the continental stage.

England, Germany, Italy and Spain - absolutely major. France, Holland, Portugal on the fringes.

I've got little issue with it being considered the fifth biggest league right now. Just.

But to say it's a 'major league' suggests prestige. Prestige suggests history. For all of French football's success, its league has underachieved woefully on the continental stage.

England, Germany, Italy and Spain - absolutely major. France, Holland, Portugal on the fringes.
I'd say Serie A is getting there too.
Love it ,but results wise ,they're below France the past 2-3 years.
(Looking at CL/EL results)

Maybe the most fair thing is to have it as a top 4?
Then again ,NT results matter ,AVG attendance/TV revenue matters as well.

To me ,I'd have Ligue 1 in there for sure.
From a supporter perspective ,I'd have them as nr 1 ,amazing supporter culture ,but that wasn't the question (but if PL/La liga would hardly break in to a top 10)

I'd say Serie A is getting there too.
Love it ,but results wise ,they're below France the past 2-3 years.
(Looking at CL/EL results)

Maybe the most fair thing is to have it as a top 4?
Then again ,NT results matter ,AVG attendance/TV revenue matters as well.

To me ,I'd have Ligue 1 in there for sure.
From a supporter perspective ,I'd have them as nr 1 ,amazing supporter culture ,but that wasn't the question (but if PL/La liga would hardly break in to a top 10)

I maybe give too much weight to lifetime history but in terms of a leagues establishing itself in comparison to others I think the only currency is trophies. Today, by many metrics, you could say Ligue 1 is 'bigger' than Serie A, certainly. Mainly thanks to one club in a very false position. Indeed, before their rise, I had never ever heard the French league get the same billing as the other four.

One murky European Cup and a Cup Winners Cup in almost 70 years? Not very major to me!

I maybe give too much weight to lifetime history but in terms of a leagues establishing itself in comparison to others I think the only currency is trophies. Today, by many metrics, you could say Ligue 1 is 'bigger' than Serie A, certainly. Mainly thanks to one club in a very false position. Indeed, before their rise, I had never ever heard the French league get the same billing as the other four.

One murky European Cup and a Cup Winners Cup in almost 70 years? Not very major to me!
You're right ,I was more making a comparison on how many teams making it in to the last 16 of various Euro competions ,not trophies.
More on a coefficient measuring (which Uefa uses on leagues).

and I also think that Ligue 1 isn't that "bread and butter" among football fans in Europe either.
Making "good historically" leagues better than they are currently (Serie A).

with all that said ,still firmly believe that Ligue 1 is a top 5 league and has been for a long time

The thing is go past about 6-8th in any of those leagues and are they really major leagues? Would, for example, Southampton win a tournament against Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Porto, Benfica and Sporting? Leaving aside the obvious answer of no because they never win anything :WHISTLE: :D i

The thing is go past about 6-8th in any of those leagues and are they really major leagues? Would, for example, Southampton win a tournament against Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV, Porto, Benfica and Sporting? Leaving aside the obvious answer of no because they never win anything :WHISTLE: :D i
Or spurs.

Reminds me of something I heard earlier. According to a podcast I was listening to, a recent study showed that if people had to choose between going on holiday and not having any memory of it afterwards (no taking photos allowed), or staying home instead, they chose to stay home.

If you don't take a picture of whatever you're doing, it didn't happen - you somehow "weren't really there".

(I'll be honest, I am almost certain I'd do the same thing, because I did something similar when I got to watch Inter at the San Siro a few years ago. My memory is absolutely shot to shit now too - occasionally worse than my pensioner parents'. I often wonder if it's all connected.)

Reminds me of something I heard earlier. According to a podcast I was listening to, a recent study showed that if people had to choose between going on holiday and not having any memory of it afterwards (no taking photos allowed), or staying home instead, they chose to stay home.

If you don't take a picture of whatever you're doing, it didn't happen - you somehow "weren't really there".

(I'll be honest, I am almost certain I'd do the same thing, because I did something similar when I got to watch Inter at the San Siro a few years ago. My memory is absolutely shot to shit now too - occasionally worse than my pensioner parents'. I often wonder if it's all connected.)
I think i do the same when it comes to shooting/filming stuff that matters to me ,and yeah i photo inside stadiums like a good tifo or som crazy flare shows ,but on a game winner for the team I support the phone stays in the pocket ,that celebration is for me and the people around me ,you know hugging people you've never met.

It's obviously not just at football people need to confirm it to the world ,but at everything.
I'd rather sit at a beach watching the sea than photo it (most of the times)

Volume levels on phones.

We've all done it: you're listening to or watching something on your phone, volume up.

Then you're watching something (no, not that, before you start) later on in bed when your partner's asleep and you've forgotten about the levels and hey presto, you've shat yourself and you're in the dog house.

I can fully believe that. I'm prone to taking videos (not as fussed about photos, why just capture the sight I say) when I'm somewhere. But I sort of just hold it to my chest like a makeshift GoPro. That way I, and my camera, can take it in.

There's a time and a place, I think. Even in a football stadium. But when your team has scored? Fuck off. I'm hugging my dad/brother/my mates/strangers and losing my shit, thank you very much.

This thought occurred to me today watching the Man City v Newcastle game. De Bruyne was walking over to take a corner and the commentator said he gets a warm round of applause as he goes over - yeah well apart from those who were using their hands to video him on their phone. Do they do this every single corner do you think?

Can't think what comedian it was now but I remember a few years ago he said my neighbours just came back from holiday. I asked them if they had a good time but they said they didn't know, they hadn't watched it yet. So bloody true.

Also photos, it used to be here's a picture of the Taj Mahal etc etc, now it's narcissism central, here's a picture of me. What's that in the background? Oh I think it was the Sphinx or something.

I don't get the obsession with constant photo taking. We could go months on end without taking a photo years ago, why the need now?

Eurovision song contest... I hate this shite with passion.... Thank god only Third World European countries like mine, give attention or resources, or any piece of damn for this "thing"... :SICK:

Last edited:
Eurovision song contest... I hate this shote with passion.... Thank god only Third World European countries like mine, give attention or resources, or any piece of damn for this "thing"... :SICK:
There are Eurovision parties here. All over the UK. Used to work with someone who would count down to it every year, everybody dressing up to represent a different country. Vikings here, kilts there. Can't think of a worse reason for a party.

Eurovision song contest... I hate this shite with passion.... Thank god only Third World European countries like mine, give attention or resources, or any piece of damn for this "thing"... :SICK:
Agree! But it is more populare in europe than you think. Every damn song sounds the same boring pop music trash. :BRICK:

Last time I was watching every year the ESC even with t.A.T.u.

or Germany pre esc finale:

🤪

Hate Eurovision with all myself as well lol. In the past years noone particularly cared In my country, then they desperately tried to create attention for it with the press and some of the freshly popular singers/groups joining.. and they finally kinda succeded :((

Back
Top Bottom