The Retro-PES Corner

Without any sarcasm , my fix for Windows 8.1 was to revert to windows7 .It was a complete mess with directories.Coyldnt play nonthing more over pes2013
C'mon, don't be so harsh towards the poor Windows 8.1... :((
It still works pretty well for me, to the extent that it's still my choice for gaming.

About the problems with older PES games stuttering and/or tearing (especially tearing was driving me nuts on Windows 8.1 and neither RadeonPro nor D3DOverrider could fix it), they could probably be solved by running the game in Windows XP SP3 compatibility.
At least, this is what worked for me on my AMD card. Your mileage may, as usual, vary.

The football league show on BBC were a great show,when it moved to channel 5 it became really,haven't watched it since really.
Should be brought back to bbc,and dust off Manish

@rockstrongo , yep I agree totally. I liked the BBC highlights show, it was a good ninety minutes long and no ads and as well as affable Manish had that bonkers lass with the muppet show hairdo.

upload_2018-9-3_17-51-20.jpeg

How is Jaric at left holding up ? I have manually moved him on the opponents half while still being a left CDM (his second preferred position) and even then, his attack is around 60. But other than than, his dribble and pace have gone up compared to times when i just let him be a CB.

Also, Stein, the ideal captain is the heart of the defense. He is the main CB and even with his height, he owns my dbox. Everytime when i am down, i employ CB move forward instruction and he just leads the play all the way from the back to the front. He truly deserves to lift the trophy everytime we win any major tournament.

@Chilleverest , I find Stein to be a brilliant right-back now, he is developing some pace and is very strong in defence. Jaric at left-back is doing well, he can be caught for pace still by a rapid winger or forward but his left foot crossing ability is too valuable not to play him left side in some position.

@mattmid , pal, about Macco, he is a beast now, you are dead right. By season three in the ML in PES 6, he is twenty eight and has speed and stamina stats in the mid-eighties. The only original default squad member to still have his best years ahead of him.

I have actually dropped Ruskin for a while at left-wing-forward to play Macco there and Burchet (59 mins precisely) on the right with Ruskin then on as a sub for him. Macco is much more of a goal scoring threat than Ruskin, who for some reason can't score from any position.

But one issue with Macco in all PES editions is that he never gets a free kick. He is pushed, pulled and kicked all over the pitch by COM players and the ref is silent.
:CURSE::CURSE::CURSE:

@WhoAteMeDinner Macco was top scorer for me in I think season 4, with about 8 or 9, even outscoring Hamsun who was by then regular top scorer. I was at season 7 when I last saved and he was still doing ok although he was just starting to drop off a tad. Ruskin scored a handful for me over the season's but his finishing is wayward to say the least!

Slowly getting back to 13 again change of camera angle did the trick,I can defend again
Down 1-0 Vs Espanyol when I scored two goals that were pretty sweet.
First one okaka got the goal,even though it hit my other striker in the head.
Okaka later explained "I aim to please,"
https://youtu.be/a-r-3uEvZRk

Later on,in the 87th minute,freekick 101.
Johnny G later in the pressroom "no chit chat,just get banged" on his freekick
https://youtu.be/IRWKu6McdrA

6th place after 10 games.
Next game is Vs Athletico M,and commendante bastardo Diego Costa

Oouch...
pes6_2018_09_04_00_47_48_239.png

pes6_2018_09_04_00_47_48_239.png

It's a miracle that they managed to smile with those on.
Bet it's doing well in the fan shop

@rockstrongo , It makes me wish we could go back to the 1990s and the day-glo and luminous green and yellow away kits that people used to cringe at, they seem in good taste by comparison to this.

I know the sponsor of the non-leaguers are a hot dog maker, but it was clearly designed to cause a social media stir and nothing else.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

Been a bit busy last days. Congrats to @miguelfcp for the treble.. looking forward to see how do you take it from here :P .

By the way, I've been devolving my playing time on Winning Eleven 8I. Still very fascinated by this game; moving forward with my Valencia league, I've come to particularly appreciate when your players suffer from cumulative fatigue (even better if combined with rain). Added with the other already described strong points of the game, it truly gives an unique experience/dimension in the saga.. it's like as a chapter it excels to show you those unpredictable hard fought football moments, especially in the last 20 or so simulated minutes of a game.

If I had to move a critic to this game, it's that CPU has apparently some difficulties in keeping the offensive costant through all the game. Don't get me wrong, IA is capable of producing some sweet goals and actions (I'll even share some when I'll find the time), and generally I truly find it really human in more than an occasion, but I have the impression it's difficult for them to put up a true continued pressive iniative.. but again, the Valencia of that year is a truly good all-round team (no champions stats-wise outside of Aimar, but plenty of excellent players and choices in all roles) and League is also known to be a more forgiving/balanced mode than others (I've been instead roughly dominated by Brazil one time and Argentina another in an Int. Cup) so I don't know, I guess I need more time and matches.. this doesn't detract anything from the game anyway, I still find it an amazing surprise.

@rockstrongo , It makes me wish we could go back to the 1990s and the day-glo and luminous green and yellow away kits that people used to cringe at, they seem in good taste by comparison to this.

I know the sponsor of the non-leaguers are a hot dog maker, but it was clearly designed to cause a social media stir and nothing else.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:
Yes,it's a difference having a novelty kit Vs a horrible one,90's first div/prem had some stinkers,I think united had most of them

@WhoAteMeDinner I dare say this game for some things is conceptually the PERFECT halfway from Pes 3 and Pes 5 (well, no wonder, it came out in between :D), but as I already wrote pages ago it also has a number of takes and features that makes the gameplay truly unique compared with those two.

For some reasons I used to not think about this particular year (Pes4/WE8) with the same consideration as 3-5, but the more I play it the more I think this game is another classic on his own.

@WhoAteMeDinner I dare say this game for some things is conceptually the PERFECT halfway from Pes 3 and Pes 5 (well, no wonder, it came out in between :D), but as I already wrote pages ago it also has a number of takes and features that makes the gameplay truly unique compared with those two.

For some reasons I used to not think about this particular year (Pes4/WE8) with the same consideration as 3-5, but the more I play it the more I think this game is another classic on his own.
I saw video on YouTube yesterday about We8I,although couldn’t embed it cause of forum issues.Seems better than pes4 by watching the game only,as I have not played it.I just noticed GKs have the same issue in pes4/we8/etc.Despite they are not stick in goal line ,there are times when they face shots and they are standing still like statues.Furthermore I don’t know if I was the only one but in pes4 I remember I scored 70% of my goals against human&cpu with the small chip shot []+R1 which was so OP that year especially with Henry and Pires.

Been a bit busy last days. Congrats to @miguelfcp for the treble.. looking forward to see how do you take it from here :P .

By the way, I've been devolving my playing time on Winning Eleven 8I. Still very fascinated by this game; moving forward with my Valencia league, I've come to particularly appreciate when your players suffer from cumulative fatigue (even better if combined with rain). Added with the other already described strong points of the game, it truly gives an unique experience/dimension in the saga.. it's like as a chapter it excels to show you those unpredictable hard fought football moments, especially in the last 20 or so simulated minutes of a game.

If I had to move a critic to this game, it's that CPU has apparently some difficulties in keeping the offensive costant through all the game. Don't get me wrong, IA is capable of producing some sweet goals and actions (I'll even share some when I'll find the time), and generally I truly find it really human in more than an occasion, but I have the impression it's difficult for them to put up a true continued pressive iniative.. but again, the Valencia of that year is a truly good all-round team (no champions stats-wise outside of Aimar, but plenty of excellent players and choices in all roles) and League is also known to be a more forgiving/balanced mode than others (I've been instead roughly dominated by Brazil one time and Argentina another in an Int. Cup) so I don't know, I guess I need more time and matches.. this doesn't detract anything from the game anyway, I still find it an amazing surprise.

Cumulative fatigue is very much present, i agree. I see what you mean about inconsistent offensive play from the CPU, but then again it's the same in PES3 and worse in PES5 and 6. I only see PES 2008's CPU as a constant threat offensively in PS2 era, but then again it leaves the CPU quite weak at the back on counters.

This is surely why i love this game. I love both PES5 and PES3, it's no wonder i love also WE8I. It has effectively unique traits, like you said. I recently discovered that the corners in WE8I are more curled compared to others PS2 PES. The curling/swerve attribute has more impact.

I saw video on YouTube yesterday about We8I,although couldn’t embed it cause of forum issues.Seems better than pes4 by watching the game only,as I have not played it.I just noticed GKs have the same issue in pes4/we8/etc.Despite they are not stick in goal line ,there are times when they face shots and they are standing still like statues.Furthermore I don’t know if I was the only one but in pes4 I remember I scored 70% of my goals against human&cpu with the small chip shot []+R1 which was so OP that year especially with Henry and Pires.

The goalkeepers might be a bit static at times, it's true, but nothing over the top IMO. It depends a lot on the goalkeeper also, I had a game against Buffon and he was unbeatable from close and long range and had amazing reactions. About the chip shot, i remember it was OP in PES 4. I scored 1 or 2 chip shot in about 20 games on WE8I, so i haven't find them too easy yet. But to be honest, i don't tend to use chip shot often, since i'm so bad at doing it (at least in others PES games).

As there were not already enough official competition games mid-season.
In the latest two EUROs and MUNDIALs, the players were the most tired i have seen since years before. They could hardly finish a 90 minutes game with most of them just barely walking in the latest minutes.

The season's barely started and it's an international break already. Then in 3/4 years every one has to fit around the Qatar World Cup in the middle of the season.

Does anyone have any blank narrow back PES3/4 kit templates?

@matherto , have PES 3 on the Playstation 2, so not even sure what "narrow back" kit is. Can make nice boots on the PS2 version. That is about it, happily.

Worried that some of you PC PES peeps will foof and faff yourselves into oblivion with all these OF's, stadium and kit edits.

:CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

Back
Top Bottom