The Retro-PES Corner

@mattmid , and the :l1: button too as Big Sam likes those big lads that are not the most mobile and you need to hit them direct on the forehead with the cross.

As for your post last page about Premier League clubs stockpiling or as I call it warehousing (as they may disappear without a trace). It has gotten completely out of hand. The likes of Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs just scoop up every talented young player as a blocking move to stop any other club getting them. Half the time, they have zero interest in developing these young players and loan them out to League 1 and League 2 sides season after season.

Premier League murdered football in 1992. :RANT::RANT::RANT:
I saw a note on PL and academies/own youth players.
Man City had none coming through.
Awful!
I used to love PL and the old first division,but I can't watch it anymore,goes against everything I believe in,no wonder tired PL fans turns to lower/non league or even start their own clubs.

Atmosphere is shit, pricey tickets,club owners flirting with fans and says the club's are "integrated in the community" etc.
Plus,The Taylor report (in which both the cops and goverment lied) proved standing isn't dangerous,30 years later it's still all seaters.
It's for the tourist nowadays,who wants to experience the atmosphere,and not create it.
Feel sorry for the true fans

Just ordered Pes 11-12-13 again,gonna keep em in the vault.
Plus got my controller for the PS3 so I guess it's gonna be some gaming done this weekend.
Plus gf is away til Thursday,she managed to pick up a dirt cheap Pes 19 in Copenhagen for me,even though I didnt/wouldn't get it this year.
But,for £10/€12 who could blame her!

To be honest, i heard some good things about PES 2019. Stats do have an impact, seemingly.
The only downside according to the Pes 19 thread is a pretty toothless AI,but that could be (it's konami...) Fixed by updates.
And the reason for me not buying it (unless crazy ass cheap) no D2 leagues except France and England

My take on WE8I so far.

Gameplay talking it's a great surprise:

-fouls wise, with the right referee it truly rivals Pes 5. There are more collisions fouls in 5, but I think 8I it's the chapter in which standing tackles are the more overpowered of them all, I almost foul on will when I press X, and cpu it's pretty aggressive with it as well.

-the ball is super free, sometimes (not really often, but it happened) it even run away from my feet during a dribbling all alone. Plenty of first touch error as well, and I'm seeing a good numbers of balls touched by the keeper ending in the net the same. I also feel inertia is better than 3 and 5, with players turning and moving with more sensible weight than both.

-Injuries! Only a few days and I have had an incredible amount compared from the other
games. I started a League with Valencia and in 5 matches, I already had Aimar and Vicente injured for some time both. Very good for me.

The cpu is very balanced. I still prefer Pes 3 attacking and Pes 5 defending :D, but I must say I've seen nice creativity by the cpu and also good defensive solutions. Only critic I'd move is that sometimes defenders are a bit TOO aggressive and they leave some space by consequence, but it doesn't happen often and certainly not when they park the bus. Still also have to unlock 6 stars.

All in all, it seems like a truly great chapter as well, maybe a bit overshadowed by the greatness of both his predecessor and successor, but it has a very good number of unique things that makes super worth the re-exploring. Can't really make accurate comparisons with Pes4 or the other We8 as too many years passed by and after Pes 5 came out I've never retook those.

p.s. @fmicablues7 would like to know what do you think of my mini review. Could you also help me with Kitserver :JAY:? I keep downloading either bugged stuff (like the 2013 patch that I can't seem to start), or things that just don't work. As of now I'm playing with vanilla version, but I'd love to have high details and fixed kits.

Plus gf is away til Thursday,she managed to pick up a dirt cheap Pes 19 in Copenhagen for me,even though I didnt/wouldn't get it this year.
But,for £10/€12 who could blame her!

Seeing as she's in Copenhagen and managed to pick that up for that price it only remains to say.... If Carlsberg made girlfriends...

My take on WE8I so far.

Gameplay talking it's a great surprise:

-fouls wise, with the right referee it truly rivals Pes 5. There are more collisions fouls in 5, but I think 8I it's the chapter in which standing tackles are the more overpowered of them all, I almost foul on will when I press X, and cpu it's pretty aggressive with it as well.

-the ball is super free, sometimes (not really often, but it happened) it even run away from my feet during a dribbling all alone. Plenty of first touch error as well, and I'm seeing a good numbers of balls touched by the keeper ending in the net the same. I also feel inertia is better than 3 and 5, with players turning and moving with more sensible weight than both.

-Injuries! Only a few days and I have had an incredible amount compared from the other
games. I started a League with Valencia and in 5 matches, I already had Aimar and Vicente injured for some time both. Very good for me.

The cpu is very balanced. I still prefer Pes 3 attacking and Pes 5 defending :D, but I must say I've seen nice creativity by the cpu and also good defensive solutions. Only critic I'd move is that sometimes defenders are a bit TOO aggressive and they leave some space by consequence, but it doesn't happen often and certainly not when they park the bus. Still also have to unlock 6 stars.

All in all, it seems like a truly great chapter as well, maybe a bit overshadowed by the greatness of both his predecessor and successor, but it has a very good number of unique things that makes super worth the re-exploring. Can't really make accurate comparisons with Pes4 or the other We8 as too many years passed by and after Pes 5 came out I've never retook those.

p.s. @fmicablues7 would like to know what do you think of my mini review. Could you also help me with Kitserver :JAY:? I keep downloading either bugged stuff (like the 2013 patch that I can't seem to start), or things that just don't work. As of now I'm playing with vanilla version, but I'd love to have high details and fixed kits.

Great review ! I agree with most of the points you made.

- I noticed that the fouls depend a lot on the referee in this version, there are some very lenient (PES6/2008 style) and some others more fussy (PES5 style)

- You know, i always assumed before taking on WE8i that PES4 versions were nearly 1-touch error free compared to PES5, i don't know why. But when i first played WE8I, i immediately noticed a very free ball, lots of loose balls and 50-50 challenges. About the goalkeeper : I love the fact the keepers sometimes struggle to deal with the aerial balls according to their stats, whereas in PES5/6 they catch any aerial ball without any problem. You're also absolutely right about inertia, especially compared to PES3. Bulky players like Heskey don't turn on a dime.

- WE8I is the PS2 edition where the corners feel the most dangerous IMO. There are each time a lot of offensive and defensive players in the box. In PES6 and in the further editions on PS2, you only see 3 offensive players in the box most of the time. There is obviously a downside, there are more counter attack possibilities, but i find this realistic. I read on pesfan a few months ago that Konami limited the number of players going up and prevented defenders to go up, because the online players complained about the counter attack. Online play began to dumb down PES already at this stage.

-Injuries are very much present ! And I also love it. Had a player with a red cross injury, was out for 40 weeks.

-I also play 5 stars so far. Heard 6 stars was easier than 5 stars on PES4, i don't know about WE8I. The game is balanced like you said. Difficulty-wise, it's varied for me. Some games are easy, others are hard. It depends a lot on the stats. So far, so good. The CPU defenders are effectively sometimes too much aggressive, but i found they are very intelligent with the offside trap an portray well the today's football with high defenses and high pressure.

Here is the latest kitserver version for PES4, download the 440 one. It should be easy enough to set it up, it's almost the same as PES3 or PES5's kitserver. For kits, i don't know because i have not replaced yet the default ones, but i read that @lazoli made a patch with correct names/kits/logos and otherwise keeping the default game.

https://kitserver.mapote.com/files/

Seeing as she's in Copenhagen and managed to pick that up for that price it only remains to say.... If Carlsberg made girlfriends...
Ha ha .
Yeah she's a keeper,knows my interests (gaming/guitar/concerts/football) so she suprises me quite often.
I was a bit pissed off since La Liga and Serie A weren't on my normal channels of n the telly anymore (lost rights for it) so she bought a one year deal two weeks back,so now I have every game on the tv.
So Yeah,she's a keeper @mattmid .

Evening all...I have been on holiday for a week so had limited internet so haven't been on here much. I have just caught up with the last few pages of retro goodness.

Even though I was on holiday I have still played lots of WE9LE and a little bit of PES2013 while I have been away.
I have captured all of my matches in my 1970's ML and will edit them over the next couple of weeks or so and post them as I do so.

My last ML update had me drawing 0-0 with Cardiff in the season opener then beating Celtic 2-0. Next up was lowly Shamrock Rovers at home, surely another 3 points to make it 2 wins on the bounce?

I got a soft penalty early in the 1st half which John Robertson converted to go 1 nil up, nice early goal - happy days.
O'Neill had a decent chance to make it 2 shortly after but didn't hit the target and Robbo put one just wide from 20 yards just before the half hour mark. Promising start from the Tricky Trees and surely just a matter of time before the get a second goal.
More chances in the form of a Gemmill free kick & a Trevor Francis header come to nothing. A quick breakaway and a very good chance squandered by Bobby Collins of Shamrock just before half time serve as a reminder that the game is not over yet.

It remains 1-0 to Forest at the half time whistle but a warning that a second goal will be needed to ease the nerves of The City Ground faithful.

2nd half begins and Shamrock are looking lively. The ball is played long to Billy Dixon, he nods it back to midfielder Michael Lawlor who ticks his man before splitting the CB pairing of Lloyd & Burns, finding Dixon 8 yards out with just Shilton to beat. Shilts commits early and Dixon slots home to make it 1-1.

Gemmill gets a chance to regain the lead almost immediately but blazes his free kick over the bar.
Couple more chances for Forest including a Francis free kick that goes just wide but the score remains 1-1 and the forest faithful are looking nervous as they can't seem to find the second goal.

Peter Withe comes on for Birtles and Woodcock for O'Neill. Francis finds Withe unmarked just outside the 6 yard box, this has to be it...but he blazes over the bar and puts his head on his hands in despair.

In stoppage time with the game still poised at 1-1, Shamrock get a free kick dead centre, about 25/30 yards from goal. It is floated into the box, nodded down into ground and it bounces into the no mans land between 3 Forest defenders & the keeper, a Shamrock player ghosts in to head into the top corner for a late, late winner. Forest 1, Shamrock Rovers 2...disaster for the Reds so early in the season.

Here are the highlights to some 70's music...

Next up is Wolves and Forest are eager to not be as weak defensively as they were against Shamrock Rovers last week.

Game starts off with chances for both sides but is looking like it will remain goalless for the 1st half.
On the 40 minute mark, Garry Birtles comes off injured and is replaces by Peter Withe.
Couple more chances for Forest in the first half including an excellent free kick from Gemmill that brings out a fantastic save from the Wolves 'keeper to make sure that the score is 0-0 at half time.

2nd half begins and Wolves get a golden chance from around 10 yards as Larry Lloyd fluffs what should be an easy clearance. Shilton saves superbly then (quite rightly) lambasts big Larry for his cock up.
Withe links up nicely with Gemmill who is then brought down just outside the box but can only manage a tame free kick effort at goal.
Wolves then get a couple of decent chances but a combination of good recovery defending and poor finishing mean that they are both squandered.
A John Robertson driven effort and some nice build up play with no end product from the Reds round out a fairly disappointing game that ends 0-0.

At least we managed to keep a clean sheet after the debacle in the last game and 1 point is better than none.

The highlights and a jolly 70's tune are below...

Next up is Coventry in the D2 cup

I saw a note on PL and academies/own youth players.
Man City had none coming through.
Awful!
I used to love PL and the old first division,but I can't watch it anymore,goes against everything I believe in,no wonder tired PL fans turns to lower/non league or even start their own clubs.

Atmosphere is shit, pricey tickets,club owners flirting with fans and says the club's are "integrated in the community" etc.
Plus,The Taylor report (in which both the cops and goverment lied) proved standing isn't dangerous,30 years later it's still all seaters.
It's for the tourist nowadays,who wants to experience the atmosphere,and not create it.
Feel sorry for the true fans

Not at all surprised by your reaction to the Premier League, @rockstrongo , mate. Doubt such a pure market driven, survival of the greediest football league would ever have been allowed to break away and start their own private league in any scandinavian nation, where society and solidarity are valued.

@mattmid and myself are particularly dismayed by the media coverage of football in Britain and Ireland, it is as if Sky Sports and the Premier League invented football in 1992. What they really did was destroy the soul of the beautiful game and make it a haven for Russian, Chinese and Middle Eastern gangsters to launder their ill-gotten gains through shell companies disguised as football clubs.

The BBC two weeks back said that it had found ten of the twenty Premier League clubs in England could survive financially without selling a ticket for a single seat in their stadiums all season, play to empty stands and just rake in the TV rights money and marketing revenues.

No wonder, some thoughtful English fans have chosen to follow clubs in Germany like Borussia Dortmind and Hamburg SV, works out cheaper to fly over to northern Germany and watch these clubs with great fan involvement.

Rant over for now. EPL, UEFA, FIFA, we are coming for you all......:BRICK::BRICK::BRICK:

Not at all surprised at all by your reaction to the Premier League, @rockstrongo , mate. Doubt such a pure market drive, survival of the greediest football league would ever have been allowed to break away and start their own private league in any scandinavian nation, where society and solidarity are valued.
Very true,even though the Danish league is kinda close to the PL bullshit.
We have the 51% rule in Sweden which means the fans have the power,fuck up,and you'll get voted out next year.

@WhoAteMeDinner: Thanks mate! A few defaults become interesting players, such as Ordaz or Hamsun, while Gutierrez and El Moubarki are one step ahead of any other, both could play for any top team in the ML World. Those 2 I'd say are world class by now, and my newgen CB Jackson too.

I would do it if he was around, but he never is! Zamenhof learnt the Art of Zamenhofing with the samurai, and uses those ninja skills to evade anything more than just collecting his (generous) paycheck. Still waiting for the day when he finally commits seppuku and retires, though given he's The Zamenhof, creator of the verb to zamenhof, I bet we won't even notice it.

@miguelfcp , can't see any of these players, El Moubaraki, Gutierrez and Jackson in PES 6, not in the newcomers list or in alphabetical search of all players either. Do they pop up as re gens a few seasons later ?

Very true,even though the Danish league is kinda close to the PL bullshit.
We have the 51% rule in Sweden which means the fans have the power,fuck up,and you'll get voted out next year.

Not surprised about Sweden. Denmark seems more to the right like Britain.
Germany has a similar fifty plus one rule as you guys and it works very well too:

“The German spectator traditionally has close ties with his club,” Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said in 2016. “And if he gets the feeling that he’s no longer regarded as a fan but instead as a customer, we’ll have a problem.”

Could you imagine the CEO of any Premier League club saying that ? And if they did it would be bolloxology as everything in England has a price tag, maybe even a soiree with Quenn Betty. :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:

Last edited:
@fmicablues7 thank you! Works perfectly! No more partially bald Owen, finally :D . I've also mounted the original kits from this zip (https://gamefront.online/files/3791195/KitServer_4.2.1_ALL_KITS+BONUS.rar in case you were interested, kitserver itself of course didn't worked for me!) and even if more than some of the number color behind the shirts is a bit messed, I'm pretty set for now.

I also agree with what you added, of course. There is a pleasurable, very stats based variety that determines the mood of the single games. Until now every game felt more or less very plausible and I'm in love with the freedom they gave to the ball.

Not surprised about Sweden. Denmark seems more to the right like Britain.
Germany has a similar fifty plus one rule as you guys and it works very well too:

“The German spectator traditionally has close ties with his club,” Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said in 2016. “And if he gets the feeling that he’s no longer regarded as a fan but instead as a customer, we’ll have a problem.”

Could you imagine the CEO of any Premier League saying that ? And if the did it would be bolloxology as everything in England has a price tag, maybe even a soiree with Quenn Betty. :SHOCK::SHOCK::SHOCK:
Ha ha:)
Yeah The BL knows values of fans,when my Swedish league isn't playing (played march-november ) I usually go down to Hamburg to see a few games every now and then,it's cheap,good atmosphere,you can drink on the terraces (even have beer guys with big tanks on their backs selling beer for a few € a pop) so it's a nice country to watch football.
My club has open trainings,which means you can go down to the training ground,have a coffee watch it,then have a chat with the players afterwards.
Some recognise you and says hello.
Imagine that at Arsenal

@WhoAteMeDinner: Jackson is a newgen, he'll probably appear a couple of seasons into the save (I got him on season 2 or 3). As for El Moubarki and Gutierrez, they are defaults introduced only in PES08 so you can't get them - which is a shame, because alongside Baumann, Ettori and Van den Berg (the other defaults introduced in 08) they have so much potential from the get-go. I like them all but particularly Van den Berg and Gutierrez are now among my all-time favourite ML defaults after this save, so much fun to play with and so much individuality they have.

Malaga away!
Fucking love it!

Started off on a bad note,Rondon scored after 20 Min,but I managed to get a proper screamer in from 20 meters or so.
First half ended 1-1
Second half and Malaga kept attacking so they left gaps in the back which I exploited with long balls down the wings,Okaka went for a header after a hard cross from the left wing,goalie got a touch and it bounced off the post out to Campbell who banged in 2-1.

Rest of the game I played very defensive,kept a clean sheet in the second half and won the game 2-1.
Great win by the lads!
And welcome back to Pes 13 gaffer!

Big John smashing in 1-1 like Sputnik rocket post and in.

The BBC two weeks back said that it had found ten of the twenty Premier League clubs in England could survive financially without selling a ticket for a single seat in their stadiums all season, play to empty stands and just rake in the TV rights money and marketing revenues.

And yet they still put the prices up each year. Possibly the worst part of the whole thing is the inflated wages filter down and increase all the wages in the lower leagues. When a single player is earning more in two weeks than Accrington Stanley's wage bill for the entire season then something is fundamentally wrong with the game. As for the fit and proper person test for ownership, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard. I read an article a year or two back about the Championship and between them all the clubs together were 1 Billion in debt. That's absolutely crazy, how is that sustainable? All chasing the riches of the Premier League. It's going to go bang in a very big way eventually.

@miguelfcp , can't see any of these players, El Moubaraki, Gutierrez and Jackson in PES 6, not in the newcomers list or in alphabetical search of all players either. Do they pop up as re gens a few seasons later ?

Yes I can confirm Jackson is a newgen in PES6 I signed him in about season 4/5.

@WhoAteMeDinner: Jackson is a newgen, he'll probably appear a couple of seasons into the save (I got him on season 2 or 3). As for El Moubarki and Gutierrez, they are defaults introduced only in PES08 so you can't get them - which is a shame, because alongside Baumann, Ettori and Van den Berg (the other defaults introduced in 08) they have so much potential from the get-go. I like them all but particularly Van den Berg and Gutierrez are now among my all-time favourite ML defaults after this save, so much fun to play with and so much individuality they have.

@miguelfcp , Thanks mate, will just have to survive around ten seasons then and wait for Espinas, Macco, Ceciu, Valeny and Burchet to retire and reappear as re gens in the newcomers list. My PES 6 team is basically my old PES 2 and PES 3 starting XI's with the addition of Jaric, Giersen, Ruskin and Ordaz, the remainder of the new gens are not up to much and the PES 08 defaults do sound amazing, but that does not detract from your amazing treble as they are still defaults. I have taken an oath never to cross the rubicon again of PES games after the mid-2000s.

I consider Konami to have lost the plot in the last decade. :SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

Malaga away!
Fucking love it!

Started off on a bad note,Rondon scored after 20 Min,but I managed to get a proper screamer in from 20 meters or so.
First half ended 1-1
Second half and Malaga kept attacking so they left gaps in the back which I exploited with long balls down the wings,Okaka went for a header after a hard cross from the left wing,goalie got a touch and it bounced off the post out to Campbell who banged in 2-1.

Rest of the game I played very defensive,kept a clean sheet in the second half and won the game 2-1.
Great win by the lads!
And welcome back to Pes 13 gaffer!

Big John smashing in 1-1 like Sputnik rocket post and in.

Nice one @rockstrongo , I do love a strong defensive performance. Big Sam as well gives you a big....

:TU::TU::TU:

And yet they still put the prices up each year. Possibly the worst part of the whole thing is the inflated wages filter down and increase all the wages in the lower leagues. When a single player is earning more in two weeks than Accrington Stanley's wage bill for the entire season then something is fundamentally wrong with the game. As for the fit and proper person test for ownership, that's the biggest joke I've ever heard. I read an article a year or two back about the Championship and between them all the clubs together were 1 Billion in debt. That's absolutely crazy, how is that sustainable? All chasing the riches of the Premier League. It's going to go bang in a very big way eventually.

Yes I can confirm Jackson is a newgen in PES6 I signed him in about season 4/5.

@mattmid , thanks for that dude.

As for "fit and proper persons" getting into Britain, you may know of this little scheme already....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ssian-oligarchs-have-bought-British-visa.html

I'm currently taking a break from PES 3, because there are still some PES games that I haven't played that much (as in: completed a ML season in).

So: I've started a PES 2013 ML with a custom made team and ML original players (not so original if you ask me, hence: a guy called Castolis and another guy called Minandinho :BLEH:). It was really fun to use the stadium editor (why did Konami scrap that after PES 2013?). I'm playing on the 'professional' level, which is enough for me, especially with a squad full of wannabee Castolos and Minandas (and scripting). At the moment I'm really enjoying the ML mode in PES 2013, with the inventory thing (not realistic, but gives it an RPG light element). What do you guys think about the ML mode in PES 2013?

I really think that Konami should've continued with the PES 2013 engine on the old gen consoles (PS3 and XB 360) instead of giving us a bogged down version on these consoles. That might have led to a product like PES 2008 on PS2.

I'm currently taking a break from PES 3, because there are still some PES games that I haven't played that much (as in: completed a ML season in).

So: I've started a PES 2013 ML with a custom made team and ML original players (not so original if you ask me, hence: a guy called Castolis and another guy called Minandinho :BLEH:). It was really fun to use the stadium editor (why did Konami scrap that after PES 2013?). I'm playing on the 'professional' level, which is enough for me, especially with a squad full of wannabee Castolos and Minandas (and scripting). At the moment I'm really enjoying the ML mode in PES 2013, with the inventory thing (not realistic, but gives it an RPG light element). What do you guys think about the ML mode in PES 2013?

I really think that Konami should've continued with the PES 2013 engine on the old gen consoles (PS3 and XB 360) instead of giving us a bogged down version on these consoles. That might have led to a product like PES 2008 on PS2.
Getting rid off stadium creator is probably the dumbest move ever by konami.
I'm enjoying 13,but it's a bit scripted,manual on professional/top player,in my mind (not counting Pes 1-8) probably the best ML experience, that and Pes 12 of the whole series.
Don't bother with shoes and other treats,don't mind them either.
This game has to be the most content packed game ever (licences and stadiums)
Enjoy

Title frenzy #3

EGNsdn9.jpg

ouHFrEy.jpg

Stein lifts the third trophy of the season after winning the D1 Cup and the WEFA Championhips, confirming our total international domination in this wonderful Season 9. Thanks to a fixture 29 loss against Dynamo Kiev, and also to ML United's comfortable win against Nancy, Galatasaray confirmed our title win even before the very last match.
A perfect scenario for Ivarov and Zamenhof's farewell on the last match of the season, that is.
Vs. River Plate at home, neither team was fighting for anything at all. It allowed us to play some of our reserves, including Ceciu (40 years old, hadn't played in years!). Ivarov started the match on goal, Fredriksson was subbed in at halftime to play as CF - he didn't score though. 60 minutes in, and Ivarov is subbed off for Zamenhof, and the russian says goodbye to ML United's crowd.

A few minutes after the substitution, Zamenhof concedes a goal, which would be the only goal conceded in his whole career. The match ends 3-3 (great game by the way, totally unexpected given the circumstances) and Zamenhof decided to un-Zamenhof himself for just a few minutes

weQuQ1y.jpg
The other players had left the pitch, only to leave Zamenhof alone on it, surrounded by the crowd who witnessed this amazing moment. We saw more of him in this situation than in 9 years. Anyway, it's the end of an era and Zamenhof retires.

tGyR40n.jpg
We win it mainly because of our excellent offense and the downfall of Bayern and Benfica, which led to the rise of both us and Galatasaray, but that was it. The others were always far away from disputing the title, as you can see by the huge difference of points between the top 2 and the rest.

TQ86HDW.jpg
Gutierrez wins the award for the 3rd year in a row and Ordaz comes as second. There's a shortage of talented strikers in this league right now, as the former usual top scorers are aging and declining. Unless the other teams work out that issue by bringing in more talent, I can see Gutierrez retaining this title for many years to come.

Title frenzy #3

EGNsdn9.jpg

ouHFrEy.jpg

Stein lifts the third trophy of the season after winning the D1 Cup and the WEFA Championhips, confirming our total international domination in this wonderful Season 9. Thanks to a fixture 29 loss against Dynamo Kiev, and also to ML United's comfortable win against Nancy, Galatasaray confirmed our title win even before the very last match.
A perfect scenario for Ivarov and Zamenhof's farewell on the last match of the season, that is.
Vs. River Plate at home, neither team was fighting for anything at all. It allowed us to play some of our reserves, including Ceciu (40 years old, hadn't played in years!). Ivarov started the match on goal, Fredriksson was subbed in at halftime to play as CF - he didn't score though. 60 minutes in, and Ivarov is subbed off for Zamenhof, and the russian says goodbye to ML United's crowd.

A few minutes after the substitution, Zamenhof concedes a goal, which would be the only goal conceded in his whole career. The match ends 3-3 (great game by the way, totally unexpected given the circumstances) and Zamenhof decided to un-Zamenhof himself for just a few minutes

weQuQ1y.jpg
The other players had left the pitch, only to leave Zamenhof alone on it, surrounded by the crowd who witnessed this amazing moment. We saw more of him in this situation than in 9 years. Anyway, it's the end of an era and Zamenhof retires.

tGyR40n.jpg
We win it mainly because of our excellent offense and the downfall of Bayern and Benfica, which led to the rise of both us and Galatasaray, but that was it. The others were always far away from disputing the title, as you can see by the huge difference of points between the top 2 and the rest.

TQ86HDW.jpg
Gutierrez wins the award for the 3rd year in a row and Ordaz comes as second. There's a shortage of talented strikers in this league right now, as the former usual top scorers are aging and declining. Unless the other teams work out that issue by bringing in more talent, I can see Gutierrez retaining this title for many years to come.

@miguelfcp , huge congratulations again Mig, massive achievement and enormous effort over many seasons to develop the default journeymen so much.

:BAND:

@WhoAteMeDinner: Thanks a lot mate, it was very rewarding indeed!
Regarding your question, yes this is the list of newgens that you can get on this challenge. Have you started you ML yet?

@miguelfcp , I can well believe it must have been as enjoyable to win this amazing treble as the very first time any of us played PES 1, 2 or 3 back in the day and won our first promotion out of Division 2 at the max difficulty. You have invented a new Everest challenge for us all.

I am thrilled to hear all the players on this youth list can be signed. Some like Kobayashi, Machado and Soares look like they can become world class like you have found El Moubarki and Gutierrez to be.

As for my eighth attempt at the Default Originals Challenge, just getting to the end of season two and after eleven games, two wins and two losses and sold a couple of players and brought in several of the old guard defaults that are now new gen teenagers. Having to give myself a bit more freedom in terms of numbers of transfers than you and @mattmid , to get my team moving.

Otherwise, while waiting for old Zamenhof, Iouga and Minanda to retire, before signing new players, may have provoked me to run them over with a Range Rover in the club car park.
:RANT::RANT::RANT:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom