The Retro-PES Corner

@WhoAteMeDinner: I don't want to spoil you, as I remember how well those players you mentioned turn out to be :P what I've found out is that some of the newgens might even start with fantastic statsheets but they'll evolve little over the following years. It adds another layer of depth to the challenge, as you never really know how good these players will be in the future, even if they are really talented from the get-go.

Hello, anyone here know how to fix stuttering problem in we9le on windows 8.1? Have been reading through the forum looking for solution but seems like none of them works for me so far. Thanks in advance

@WhoAteMeDinner: I don't want to spoil you, as I remember how well those players you mentioned turn out to be :P what I've found out is that some of the newgens might even start with fantastic statsheets but they'll evolve little over the following years. It adds another layer of depth to the challenge, as you never really know how good these players will be in the future, even if they are really talented from the get-go.

@miguelfcp , I suspected as much when I looked at several of these youth players' stats, with quite a few yellow numbers in the 80s even as seventeen-years-olds and not played a game yet. The stats conundrum or riddle in PES has always been the beauty of the game. You and I have discussed at length how a player that looks very poor on paper can turn out to be the game changer in your team. Glad to say that PES 6 still has this brilliant aspect in place.

@WhoAteMeDinner: Oh, absolutely. I remember when I got Jackson, on paper as you say he was already the best defender of the squad as a 17-year-old but on the first season he was very inconsistent. I remember when @mattmid got a new keeper and he commited so many mistakes that Matt began to field Ivarov instead of the newgen...

After a series of wins in 5 matches in a row i find myself sitting second in the standings 2 points behind real madrid, up next an away match in the group stages of the uefa europa league away to celtic glasgow with their mesmerising crowd, although not many turned up for this, but i managed to get a 3 1 win , just to show you guys how much randomness is lost since pes 2013, look at the baba header with that keeper positioning mistake.

Hello, anyone here know how to fix stuttering problem in we9le on windows 8.1? Have been reading through the forum looking for solution but seems like none of them works for me so far. Thanks in advance

Which one's have you tried?

@miguelfcp Congratulations!!! A fantastic achievement from our ML boys! It's fascinating how the league has completely changed around with team's getting old, new teams emerging and so on. Have you noticed different teams appearing in the WEFA as well? I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Zamenhof had his moment. I heard there were rumours he was looking to go into management. He said that what with today's technology he's sees no reason why he can't manage from the hotel poolside.

@WhoAteMeDinner Looks like this might be the save if you're almost into season 3 now, things started to pick up for me from then, at least points wise anyway. Although that lack of love for Minanda is hindering you :)

@miguelfcp Congratulations!!! A fantastic achievement from our ML boys! It's fascinating how the league has completely changed around with team's getting old, new teams emerging and so on. Have you noticed different teams appearing in the WEFA as well? I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the house when Zamenhof had his moment. I heard there were rumours he was looking to go into management. He said that what with today's technology he's sees no reason why he can't manage from the hotel poolside.

@WhoAteMeDinner Looks like this might be the save if you're almost into season 3 now, things started to pick up for me from then, at least points wise anyway. Although that lack of love for Minanda is hindering you :)

@mattmid , the superannuated one has already been sold and my playmakers are Celnili and Oswaut, who is now a re gen AMF in PES 6 and is very good already at eighteen.

Without any sarcasm , my fix for Windows 8.1 was to revert to windows7 .It was a complete mess with directories.Coyldnt play nonthing more over pes2013

@mattmid: Thanks! This is the first time we ever played the elimination rounds of the Championships but I'd say one of the biggest surprises for me was to find Galatasaray among the top teams, its at least their second year in a row reaching the last 4 of the competition. Also Valencia is one of the best teams of the world right now, alongside the usual suspects Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man Red...
That's the most Zamenhofian thing I've heard today :D it'll be like playing FM. Can't wait to face a team managed by Hologram Zamenhof in the future!

WLS challenge on WE9LE (lazoli of)

City (me) against Newcastle:
upload_2018-9-2_16-25-37.jpeg

So that is 0 points for both teams.

PS: Shearer scored a goal of the week contender but I have hard time recording it with OBS since I switched to the HD exe of the game, any idea way?

PS2: I will not buy PES2019 until they fix the AI behavior in the last third (which might be never) but I will be happy to play against others manual fellas on the demo. Against other humans this game is superb but I have hard time finding others manual players. Anyone interested PM me, we can try to arrange a game or two when my baby girl do not need attention.

Edit: I just updated OBS it fixed my problem.

D3Doverrider, high priority on task manager, nvidia inspector, directx 8 to directx 9 wrapper

D3Doverrider, high priority on task manager, nvidia inspector, directx 8 to directx 9 wrapper

Have you tried setting Vertical Sync to a different setting that it's at, that might help? I think those are the only one's I've seen. Is that DX8 to 9 the enb thing?

My only wishlist is to have this vibrant atmosphere when you play at home, everytime i play at home for sevilla, there are no noises, no flags in the stands etc....it needs these stuff to give you the immersion...shame we don t have those

That's borderline heresy :SHOCK: :LOL:

Yeh heresy my ass. @mattmid , the Minanda fella, after I dropped him from the squad was left to wither away in the no-club players list. But guess what, he is as hard to see the back of as Zamenhof. He popped up yesterday playing as an AMF for some team called FC Belgium (Club Brugge) and Vornander and Ceciu did not let him have a kick all game. Minanda makes Vornander look like Usain Bolt.

Nostalgia cuts no ice with Big Sam. :NONO::NONO::NONO:

@miguelfcp , the lad Kobayashi is some left- back and defensive midfielder already, one the two youth player signings I made at end of season two. Think he could be a typical PES-alt name for Yuto Nagatomo, who was the Inter left-back for years.

Other kid I signed, just as we said, is one of those that looks great at the start but his stats are hardly moving a digit each game. Soares, a Brazilian striker. Baumann, the big German new gen is my next target to sign as Ceciu is starting to slow down and decline sadly. :CRY::CRY::CRY:

@WhoAteMeDinner The first five yards are in the head :D I'll agree he's not much use if you're Big Sam'ing it though!

It's great how each game pans out differently. I barely used Ceciu at all in my save, Ordaz couldn't hit a barn door most season despite having some of the best stats in the squad while Hamsun turned into an Alan Shearer wannabee. It was all I could do to stop him running to the corner with one arm raised.

Ah ! The good old kobayashi, part Japanese part Elven beast. His defense is immaculate once he gets regular play time.

Yep, I am definitely playing him more in the left side DMF position in midfield, he is quick already and has great defence stats and passing too so would be wasted as a defender. Jaric is my left back and Kobayashi playing in front of him in midfield is good protection against fast COM wingers.

@WhoAteMeDinner: Kobayashi is class, you won't regret getting him. And like @mattmid, I also rarely ever used Ceciu but he actually played really well in the 3/4 times I remember fielding him. Much better than his horrible statsheet suggests, anyway.

@miguelfcp, and @mattmid , totally see why the likes of Ceciu and Vornander would not often be used by you in ML teams in PES 6 or PES 8 when centre-backs like Baumann, Jackson and Jaric are fully developed. But in PES 2 and PES 3, I learned how speed and acceleration numbers can often be misleading with respect to centre-halves as ideally I found you only want one quick central defender like Valeny and the other centre-back should be a more steady anchor role defender like Vornander.

Often I am sure we have all found that fast defenders can run out of position and get passed around quite easily, having a slow fella with boots that seem to have glue on them anytime the ball comes near them is a goal saver in these scenarios.

Vornander forever. :BEER:

:OT: God help us, has anyone else seen the EPL football league highlights show on Discovery Quest channel ?

What are the football league doing ? Channel Five, Quest, where next to dump these important sports rights ? The Food Network maybe ?

:R1:R1:R1

Yep, I am definitely playing him more in the left side DMF position in midfield, he is quick already and has great defence stats and passing too so would be wasted as a defender. Jaric is my left back and Kobayashi playing in front of him in midfield is good protection against fast COM wingers.
How is Jaric at left holding up ? I have manually moved him on the opponents half while still being a left CDM (his second preferred position) and even then, his attack is around 60. But other than than, his dribble and pace have gone up compared to times when i just let him be a CB.

Also, Stein, the ideal captain is the heart of the defense. He is the main CB and even with his height, he owns my dbox. Everytime when i am down, i employ CB move forward instruction and he just leads the play all the way from the back to the front. He truly deserves to lift the trophy everytime we win any major tournament.

I always found Jaric an invaluable team member but I have never quite found where is his best position. Like @WhoAteMeDinner I think I played him mostly at left back in the end after initial spells as CB and DM where he did fine but I felt I had better players for the position. In the end he was at LB with Ruskin pushed forward on the left where he could use his pace and stamina to bomb up and down the left with Macco on the right. Oh and @WhoAteMeDinner in my pes6 save Macco was a revelation from about Season 3 to 6, he just suddenly became almost the star of the team for 2-3 seasons. I could never get on with Stein at CB, I agree he's great for the role in most aspects but I just found at almost every corner or cross he'd end up against a giant and it cost me a few goals over the season.

@WhoAteMeDinner They really should give it back to the BBC where it belongs. I don't even watch it now it's that bad since going to 5 and now Quest. Apart from the stupid late time, the BBC did it well.

@Bryankgu Sadly I don't know what else to suggest, it seems you've tried all the methods that usually work for most. Could try changing back to an older driver perhaps if that's not a pain for other games you might play? I think my problems were initially driver related with win 10 because although the enb fixed it for me at the time since then I've downloaded Sany's patches and they work perfectly fine with none of that stuff in the pes folders so I think the driver at the time must have had something to do with it or the windows updates perhaps!

:OT: God help us, has anyone else seen the EPL football league highlights show on Discovery Quest channel ?

What are the football league doing ? Channel Five, Quest, where next to dump these important sports rights ? The Food Network maybe ?

:R1:R1:R1
The football league show on BBC were a great show,when it moved to channel 5 it became really,haven't watched it since really.
Should be brought back to bbc,and dust off Manish

Back
Top Bottom