The Retro-PES Corner

THE
50-worst-football-kits-ever-9.jpg

They obviously wanted to match the sponsor on this next one
50-worst-football-kits-ever-10.jpg

Erm, no idea what's going on with this one!

50-worst-football-kits-ever-19.jpg

No. Just no.
50-worst-football-kits-ever-27.jpg

50-worst-football-kits-ever-49.jpg
GK kits has purpose,every striker either gets sea sick or hypnotized looking at those.
Still think the Brighton and Bochum ones are insanely ugly

After reading this topic for a couple hours nostalgia kicked back and I tried WE9LE with a patch and last night I played it till 2 am.
Despite the graphics made my eyes strugle a little, I couldn’t stop playing 20 min friendlies with randon teams.
Damn what a masterpiece that was! I’m gonna miss some festures on the newest master leagues but the gameplay, the randomness and the feel that anything can happen is absolutely killer on this one.
Last one was Benfica-Porto, final result 0-0 with 14-15 fouls, 4-3 attempts on target, a typical ugly match were none of the teams was able to create clear chances. Just f@&#%¥g amazing!

After reading this topic for a couple hours nostalgia kicked back and I tried WE9LE with a patch and last night I played it till 2 am.
Despite the graphics made my eyes strugle a little, I couldn’t stop playing 20 min friendlies with randon teams.
Damn what a masterpiece that was! I’m gonna miss some festures on the newest master leagues but the gameplay, the randomness and the feel that anything can happen is absolutely killer on this one.
Last one was Benfica-Porto, final result 0-0 with 14-15 fouls, 4-3 attempts on target, a typical ugly match were none of the teams was able to create clear chances. Just f@&#%¥g amazing!

Yeah man. Was playing PES 6 last night, and even the simple things on ML like choosing which player to regulate their condition before each game give you a nice simple option of who you want to play rest etc.

I also thought of going with PES 6 but would need to find a good patch as I never really enjoyed the original player stats, a bit overpowered wich makes the gameplay more arcadey in my opinion. Overall it’s still one of the bests though.

I also thought of going with PES 6 but would need to find a good patch as I never really enjoyed the original player stats, a bit overpowered wich makes the gameplay more arcadey in my opinion. Overall it’s still one of the bests though.
pes 6 pech patch english version and firebird patch are two of tghe best you can fing in sanys topic.

Midway through the season, comes my real test away from home, deep in chamartin territory, the santiago bernabeu.
I was lucky on this matchday to have ronaldo out injured and while di maria and ozil were starting for los merengues, it was gonna be a tough match.
I managed to finish the first half with a surprise 2-0 lead due to great efforts going forward by rakitic and reyes, but then in the second half was the hectic one, 2 goals in the last 3 min is when i managed to make it 3-2 for a sublime win, i have to add , my man of the match was Navarro the left back playing out of position as a CB in this match.

Last edited:
Midway through the season, comes my real test away from home, deep in chamartin territory, the santiago bernabeu.
I was lucky on this matchday to have ronaldo out injured and while di maria and ozil were starting for los merengues, it was gonna be a tough match.
I managed to finish the first half with a surprise 2-0 lead due to great efforts going forward by rakitic and reyes, but then in the second half was the hectic one, 2 goals in the last 3 min is when i managed to make it 3-2 for a sublime win

Nice man. Brings back fond memories of being Sevilla in my PES 13 ML.
Love how the AI attack your defenders and goal, none of this tika taka i cant beat a man AI nonsense in PES 19

There's only one good thing about it and that's for teams in group D, where the likes of San Marino, Andorra etc will perhaps for once be able to play a proper game of football against someone instead of seeing if they can keep the score down against some nation they have no chance of beating

Well that is true, but UEFA even managed to balls that good change up a bit. As the winning team from the Group D of minnows gets a spot in the Euro Championships where they will be back to keeping the score down.

Surely, giving a qualification place to all four groups, regardless of quality of opposition, is just random, unlike the qualifying campaign groups.

:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

PEs lovers i tried this PES6 patch, as i wanted always a good patch with Brasileirao. It has Brazil first and second division.
As many years have past, i still cant believe how "to the point" these old games are. They offer the basic football fundamentals without the Mambo-Jumbo BS of the modern ones. I Know i sound like a geek-weirdo but after i tried this patch i felt again the magic tempo of this era (ps2). I know also that i repeat the obvious but if there was a way to implement modern animations and graphics natively, to old games or add more leagues for longevity/variety, it would be a never look back* (forward) for me.

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...installers-by-sany.67651/page-45#post-3303325
https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/p...installers-by-sany.67651/page-45#post-3303325
Tried it and had some variable shots, rising shots, dipping shots!! :P all staff that re-introduced in PES 2019 as new features!!! By the way this PES 2019 trait "DIPPING SHOT" always reminds me the dip sauce that i use when i eat chips !! :P :D

Last edited:
I took a break from WE8I and decided to retake my all-time favorite, PES3. Honestly, i think i prefer the latter. PES3 is so great at portraying what a football game is about, bar maybe the long shots, which lack variations and are maybe too much difficult to pull off ?
I also tried a few games on WE7IJap, WE8LE, WE9Jap, WE10, WE2008, WE2011 on PCSX2 for the first time ever. I was always playing the PES editions back then. Here is my take on them :

WE7IJap : A few improvements on PES3, new animations, better off-the-ball movements, better shooting, but a dumber CPU unfortunately and a few bugs (corners for example). As a PvP game, it's surely better than PES3. Against the CPU, i prefer PES3.

WE8LE : A new favorite of mine. Slower than PES4/WE8I, first touch is even more important, better shooting (more power), CPU seems better, some new animations, HUGE number of fouls. I will definitely try more games on it.

WE9Jap : I had big expectations for this one. But it turned out not that good IMO. It is harder to score goals in this compared to PES5/WE9LE, which is a big achievement nevertheless, but the CPU struggles big time to score, even more so than in PES5/WE9LE. I think WE9Jap/PES5/WE9LE are victims of their own success, by being so brilliant in defense, to the point that the CPU struggles to create chances. So, WE9Jap is maybe the best edition ever for PvP, but against the CPU, not quite IMO.

WE10 : On the contrary, i was expecting the worst for this edition. But it is truly a good game, better than his PES 6 counterpart IMO, especially concerning the difficulty and the CPU. It feels a lot like PES 2008, in the way the CPU attacks aggressively. A bit end-to-end, "Premier League style" of football, but with a lot of fouls compared to PES6 and 2008. Released between PES5 and PES6, this game took things from both and made for a very enjoyable game. I will also try more games on it.

WE2008 : Same gameplay as PES 2008. 6 stars unlockable difficulty feels like top player in PES 2008.

WE2011 : Same gameplay as PES 2011. 6 stars unlockable difficulty feels like top player in PES 2011.

I took a break from WE8I and decided to retake my all-time favorite, PES3. Honestly, i think i prefer the latter. PES3 is so great at portraying what a football game is about, bar maybe the long shots, which lack variations and are maybe too much difficult to pull off ?
I also tried a few games on WE7IJap, WE8LE, WE9Jap, WE10, WE2008, WE2011 on PCSX2 for the first time ever. I was always playing the PES editions back then. Here is my take on them :

WE7IJap : A few improvements on PES3, new animations, better off-the-ball movements, better shooting, but a dumber CPU unfortunately and a few bugs (corners for example). As a PvP game, it's surely better than PES3. Against the CPU, i prefer PES3.

WE8LE : A new favorite of mine. Slower than PES4/WE8I, first touch is even more important, better shooting (more power), CPU seems better, some new animations, HUGE number of fouls. I will definitely try more games on it.

WE9Jap : I had big expectations for this one. But it turned out not that good IMO. It is harder to score goals in this compared to PES5/WE9LE, which is a big achievement nevertheless, but the CPU struggles big time to score, even more so than in PES5/WE9LE. I think WE9Jap/PES5/WE9LE are victims of their own success, by being so brilliant in defense, to the point that the CPU struggles to create chances. So, WE9Jap is maybe the best edition ever for PvP, but against the CPU, not quite IMO.

WE10 : On the contrary, i was expecting the worst for this edition. But it is truly a good game, better than his PES 6 counterpart IMO, especially concerning the difficulty and the CPU. It feels a lot like PES 2008, in the way the CPU attacks aggressively. A bit end-to-end, "Premier League style" of football, but with a lot of fouls compared to PES6 and 2008. Released between PES5 and PES6, this game took things from both and made for a very enjoyable game. I will also try more games on it.

WE2008 : Same gameplay as PES 2008. 6 stars unlockable difficulty feels like top player in PES 2008.

WE2011 : Same gameplay as PES 2011. 6 stars unlockable difficulty feels like top player in PES 2011.

@fmicablues7 , but mate, is that not why we both love PES 3 so much ? it is always very difficult and a true football gaming test of ability. And when, once in a blue moon, one of your players does ping one in from twenty five yards, what joy and genuine surprise.

As for this PES 3 mod: WE7IJAP, sounds to me that pretty graphics and kits are no compensation for screwed up AI / COM team play and worst of all, corners ? How could they mess with PES 3's wonderful set-piece gameplay.

Big Sam and I say to WE7IJAP......:R1:R1:R1

Last edited:
This is no crank question, can someone tell me what the hell is PES MyClub ?
I have not a single PES game after PES 2010 so have never come across this thing I see mentioned.
Get the feeling I may have been lucky to miss this.
:((:((:((

:OT:

Further to my main men: @mattmid , @miguelfcp , @rockstrongo and @fmicablues7 have all discussed here about the sad and greed-ridden state of contemporary football. (That has even compelled poor Miguel to build an entire fantasy football universe from scratch).

I have been looking around the web for what is coming down the tracks after the uninspiring to say the least, launch of the UEFA Nations League. The ESPN article below outlines a grim future of corporate football tournaments controlled by the international super rich and autocratic states and their ill-gotten means.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-nat...l-nations-league-would-outshine-the-world-cup

@WhoAteMeDinner "Fans will probably love it. Far more people care about national teams than clubs"

What absolute ill informed tosh. If my team and England played on the same day from now to eternity it wouldn't even be a contest which one I would choose to go and watch.

As to the idea, same old reason behind anything UEFA and FIFA come up with and that's cash.

Oh and for myclub see above! Same principle - money. Further than that I have no real idea as in the one game I have from recent times I've never even clicked it.

Back
Top Bottom