The Retro-PES Corner

@slamsoze: Moretto went to AEK after playing for Benfica? But...why? The guy showed flashes of quality in Vitória de Setúbal, if I'm not mistaken, then Benfica bought him but he never showed those skills ever again. AEK scouts must've been high on crack when they made that call...
Yeah they had a good streak in successful transfers and loans from Portugal I.e. Bruno Alves,Paulo Assuncao,Geraldo Alves,so I guess they overtrusted some managers after on Moretto case.It took 2-3 season matches to show his “talent” and stay on Bench.It was fun cause the other goalie who was signed as his backup was Jurgen Macho a very decent GK who played also for Austria NT.By the end of the season Moretto played only when Macho was injured and when he couldn’t perform worse , they picked Arabatzis the 3rd goalie from the youth academy instead of the destined number “1” :P I think they are AEK’s roster in pes2008ps2.
Checked in transfermarkt he retired in Feb 2017!!So he fooled many other teams after AEK .
Honestly I remember Portugal after the great Vitor Baia and maybe a little bit Ricardo had serious issues in number “1”.

@rockstrongo dont bully Shaban dude.I remember he was in Arsenal squad as a third sub in PES 3.He was Arsenal’s Zamenhof :P

Last edited:
Yeah they had a good streak in successful transfers and loans from Portugal I.e. Bruno Alves,Paulo Assuncao,Geraldo Alves,so I guess they overtrusted some managers after on Moretto case.It took 2-3 season matches to show his “talent” and stay on Bench.It was fun cause the other goalie who was signed as his backup was Jurgen Macho a very decent GK who played also for Austria NT.By the end of the season Moretto played only when Macho was injured and when he couldn’t perform worse , they picked Arabatzis the 3rd goalie from the youth academy instead of the destined number “1” :P I think they are AEK’s roster in pes2008ps2.
Checked in transfermarkt he retired in Feb 2017!!So he fooled many other teams after AEK .
Honestly I remember Portugal after the great Victor Baia and maybe a little bit Ricardo had serious issues in number “1”.

@rockstrongo dont bully Shaban dude.I remember he was in Arsenal squad as a third sub in PES 3.He was Arsenal’s Zamenhof :P
Ha ha,he was even Hammarbys Za enhof,expensive and broke down after a season,collected 3 years of pay without playing
Very much a Zamenhof

@Rayemou Thanks, but I have to say that went pretty much over my head :LOL: I've never owned a PS2 so all that stuff mentioned is alien to me. Are you saying that app can convert the PC PES6 option file into a PS one cos I didn't get that impression from reading the thread although like I say most of it is PS stuff that I know nothing about. I have the feeling you mean it would change a standard PS PES option file into those formats you mentioned?
The latter. There is a tool for converting PES PC format to PS2 IIRC too, think it part of the pesfan editor or something idk

Keeper Bugs: Worst one so far is in PES 3 a while back, one of my players struck a hard shot and the COM goalkeeper saved easily. He dropped the ball to his feet and then staggered about in the box with the ball trapped between his legs, like a zombie.

Can't see this online anywhere, has anybody had this horrible glitch ? :Y1:Y1:Y1

@WhoAteMeDinner and @mattmid: Over here we have the small country mentality, so anyone who proves himself internationally in any field is guaranteed to be treated as the second-coming of Jesus for the next few decades, by both the media and the people. Mourinho achieved that status long ago, so whenever he's going through a rough patch as he's right now people downplay it, and when he wins he's the best ever.
He has a particular thing about him though: he single-handedly changed the established, mainstream training method and invented one that is now the "standardized" method used by every single football coach in any professional team in Europe. Without going in too much detail, before Mourinho the mainstream method was compartimentalized: on day one we have fitness training, day 2 tactical training, day 3 defense...etc. What he did was to mix it all together so that when you're on fitness training, you do it whilst playing football: then you get to train multiple things at once. This was what won Porto the CL in 04, because that squad was fairly mediocre (Deco and Carvalho being the only above average) but you could easily see that the team was tactically light-years ahead of anyone else.

Then, as other managers began copying his method - and improving over it, like Guardiola did -, he no longer was "special". He's now just collecting paychecks and using his name to keep being relevant in the football world.

Apologize for the off-topic.

Thanks for that @miguelfcp , mate, sad to see that small-minded nationalism of little nations is not unique to Ireland. And as our peep, @mattmid , said, hard to like his style of football. And even his "revolutionary" training regime you detailed that Mourinho brought in at FC Porto, was simply a revival of the way footballers trained in the 1960s and 70s.

Nothing is ever new.

The individuality in these games boys.
Still gets me how good it is.
A small thing like half empty stadiums,have we seen that post Pes 13?
oh man I forgot about this

need to start my master league soon ... decided on Valencia CF.

Spent last few hours finishing editing all Premier League club emblems and even made my own kits [they're basic but much better on the eye than the terrible PES default ones]

which remind me ... why do konami always make washed out fake default kits with those horrible stripes for nearly EVERY team? never understood this ... they could at least attempt the correct colours and pattern?

anyway, they look good now I have put official emblems on ... I did toy with idea of adding sponsors to all kits but I can't be bothered, it would take me far too long. :LOL:

oh man I forgot about this

need to start my master league soon ... decided on Valencia CF.

Spent last few hours finishing editing all Premier League club emblems and even made my own kits [they're basic but much better on the eye than the terrible PES default ones]

which remind me ... why do konami always make washed out fake default kits with those horrible stripes for nearly EVERY team? never understood this ... they could at least attempt the correct colours and pattern?

anyway, they look good now I have put official emblems on ... I did toy with idea of adding sponsors to all kits but I can't be bothered, it would take me far too long. :LOL:
Good team choice!
Yes the fake kits are very,even gets worse on newer games
Just finished creating kits for Last Palmas/Villareal/Xerez and stadiums for them.
Hope you'll get some ML action going mate

Can't really decide which to play, Top Player or professional on 13.
Since I'm on manual,strange games when playing on TP.
Just played newly promoted Las Palmas ,they had 91% passing Vs me.
Very unrealistic,went back and played them on professional,and the had 77.
So I'm back and forth between those two

Anyway won the game 2-0
Okaka with the first,and the Lafiti with the 2nd one

Last edited:
I had the same issue back in 2013 and this time which i replay slowly a ML with Panathinaikos in Liga123.The last time i ended playing professional (2013),it was more realistic but after second season every match was an easy victory.This year i started an ML in superstar,reverted to TP and after some destructive defeates i reverted back to professional.
Yesterday i started 2 new seasons due to editing,in top player.Both times in the first training match i won with some decent football 3-1.But when i go to season matches there are times that i feel i don't have control over my team.Especially the ball control and the first touches become so hard to achieve and keep ball possession although i press R2 constantly. The most time i surrender the possession to the opponent by my ownmistakes and less often, they steal the ball.
Really after all these years i still wonder what's the appropriate difficulty level for me.Am i really unskilled for TP? Stil can't figure out.Superstar is a cheat fest and it is out of my taste.The ideal maybe would be a level between prof and tp. I wonder cause back then i was browsing pesgaming and pesfan and there were those who said over prof the CPU is cheating and some others who said that they found superstar too easy!!! Which always made me suspicious if they don't play pes and just trolling.
But this time i promised i try for the bedt in TP.I dont have problems to loose evey match and dont win anything in season.I start having problems when the AI makes me play something that i find unrealistic and repetitive/mechanical and doesn't feet my vision about football playstyle.

I had the same issue back in 2013 and this time which i replay slowly a ML with Panathinaikos in Liga123.The last time i ended playing professional (2013),it was more realistic but after second season every match was an easy victory.This year i started an ML in superstar,reverted to TP and after some destructive defeates i reverted back to professional.
Yesterday i started 2 new seasons due to editing,in top player.Both times in the first training match i won with some decent football 3-1.But when i go to season matches there are times that i feel i don't have control over my team.Especially the ball control and the first touches become so hard to achieve and keep ball possession although i press R2 constantly. The most time i surrender the possession to the opponent by my ownmistakes and less often, they steal the ball.
Really after all these years i still wonder what's the appropriate difficulty level for me.Am i really unskilled for TP? Stil can't figure out.Superstar is a cheat fest and it is out of my taste.The ideal maybe would be a level between prof and tp. I wonder cause back then i was browsing pesgaming and pesfan and there were those who said over prof the CPU is cheating and some others who said that they found superstar too easy!!! Which always made me suspicious if they don't play pes and just trolling.
But this time i promised i try for the bedt in TP.I dont have problems to loose evey match and dont win anything in season.I start having problems when the AI makes me play something that i find unrealistic and repetitive/mechanical and doesn't feet my visiob about football playstyle.
I think I either have to play PA1 if I'm gonna keep going on TP
Like you say,either ball gets stolen or you lose it to easy.

I think keeping a team around 70-77 ovr and play Professional/manual works.
Still get tough games on professional.vs Barca/RM etc.
First season didn't have this problem,it's coming now,season two.
Might stick to TP,no matter what,maybe Professional Vs top teams.
Strange right?

Anyway won the game 2-0

The crowd in the background :LOL::LOL:

I always found Professional to be right difficulty for me. The AI seems to play more realistic on this level, and less "super-human". I mainly play as a fixed player though, so trying to match my overall skill level isn't really an issue when I can only control 1 player.

I always found Professional to be right difficulty for me. The AI seems to play more realistic on this level, and less "super-human". I mainly play as a fixed player though, so trying to match my overall skill level isn't really an issue when I can only control 1 player.
Professional is always the best difficulty,I see mistakes on that level that I don't see on higher difficulty.

Remember when I played Pes 11 when it came out,the second hardest difficulty, impossible,but when playing the hardest,much better.
Strange!
Might give superstar a go on 13 to.
But professional is the best balanced one

Anyway won the game 2-0

Never mind that, what the jesus is going on with the lad in the lilac baby grow ? :NONO::NONO::NONO:

upload_2018-8-22_22-24-12.jpeg

:OT: Would any of you sign Usain Bolt if he was in the PES Master League Players database ?
Could we be looking at the new gen version of Tijani Babangida, the quickest player in PES history. I recall in PES 2 he had some crazy speed stat of 99 and acceleration of 96 or something. Only problem was you had to cross the ball twenty yards from the byline as the bugger would run the ball into row ten of the stands otherwise. Bolt could be the same ? :NO::NO::NO:

Last edited:
@miguelfcp
Miguel, man, I am the off-topic bandit on here, not you. Coffee, Japanese anime or Retro RTS games, take your pick.

That last forum I was chucked from would have perma-banned me five times over by now and there were no people there who would take a hit for me, like you.
:SAL::SAL::SAL:

:OT: Would any of you sign Usain Bolt if he was in the PES Master League Players database ?
Could we be looking at the new gen version of Tijani Babangida, the quickest player in PES history. I recall in PES 2 he had some crazy speed stat of 99 and acceleration of 96 or something. Only problem was you had to cross the ball twenty yards from the byline as the bugger would run the ball into row ten of the stands otherwise. Bolt could be the same ? :NO::NO::NO:

No, his hamstring will go in the first game :)

@WhoAteMeDinner: At the rate we're sharing retro-PES content in here (we're close to the 100th page!) I think we can indulge ourselves once in a while in off-topic...

@mattmid: I knew it! Individual performances do have an effect on EXP gained. Goes to show how complex and rich player development is on these retro-PES games, a lot of factors are involved in that.

In other news, look who's retiring by the end of my Season 9...
to7uUFm.jpg
Zamenhof will leave us! I can't believe it! A wave of sadness went through my body as I realized the polish legend will abandon us...
What is Master League United without Zamenhof?

@WhoAteMeDinner: At the rate we're sharing retro-PES content in here (we're close to the 100th page!) I think we can indulge ourselves once in a while in off-topic...

@mattmid: I knew it! Individual performances do have an effect on EXP gained. Goes to show how complex and rich player development is on these retro-PES games, a lot of factors are involved in that.

to7uUFm.jpg
Zamenhof will leave us! I can't believe it! A wave of sadness went through my body as I realized the polish legend will abandon us...

I'd love if this thread could outgrow the PES 2019 thread lol

to7uUFm.jpg

About 400 less salary points and no need to pay for a GPS tracking device to follow the globe trotter around the planet.
:SHAKE::SHAKE::SHAKE:

I'd love if this thread could outgrow the PES 2019 thread lol

Me, @miguelfcp amd @mattmid have only got started here , I have yet to kick off a mini discussion of some of my other old favourites: Instant coffee, Columbo and all things motorbikes related, to name just a few. And then there is the authorised official biography:

Espinas: His Life, Times and Headbands.

PES 19 is a load of old pony. :LMAO:

Back
Top Bottom