The Retro-PES Corner

You could try the gamecube emulator "dolphin", works pretty neat both on PC and Mac. That's where I play Jikkyō World Soccer (ISS).

I'm very "at the page" about emulation/retrogaming, already tried Dolphin but it's slow on my computer.
Even if weirdly, the Saturn SSF emulator runs well.

I'm very "at the page" about emulation/retrogaming, already tried Dolphin but it's slow on my computer.
Even if weirdly, the Saturn SSF emulator runs well.
GAmecube is more complicated than sega saturn. Furthermore some companies have so confused (for antipiracy obviously) hardware and software to be emulated fluidly. Take for example NDS from Nintendo, which is very poor compared to PsP. If you take a ppspp emulator it flows like a river, but it took years for devs to create an, NDS emulator that runs with stable FPS and it also needs a relatively powerfull PC to run it without issues. For me it was needed to take a Lenovo 5i laptop to run smoothly a Pokemon RPG. While in PPSPP i was playing Dragon Ball Z - Tenkaichi Tag Team without any issue.
Some emulz work strange by their nature.

N64 emu too, it seems to run smootly at first but in comparison to the real hardware there's missing textures and glitches.
I'd wanted to buy a N64 (for exclusives nintendo games) and a PS2 (from far the biggest game catalog), but they can be modded for a better picture rendering.
Dreamcast with VGA output for example makes the picture better on HD tv, unfortunately there's not as much games, especially football.

N64 emu too, it seems to run smootly at first but in comparison to the real hardware there's missing textures and glitches.
I'd wanted to buy a N64 (for exclusives nintendo games) and a PS2 (from far the biggest game catalog), but they can be modded for a better picture rendering.
Dreamcast with VGA output for example makes the picture better on HD tv, unfortunately there's not as much games, especially football.
I would love to by a Dreamcast for many reasons.Virtual Striker,Virtual Tennis,NBA showtime,Crazy Taxi, MarvelVSCapcom,so much awesome titles with awesome graphics only in Sega Dreamcast for the age.
An article about the original ML defaults “whereabouts”.Strange it doesn’t question about Zamenhof!!!

https://www.balls.ie/gaming/default-pro-evo-master-league-players-now-133178

Last edited:
Score my first goal in Top Player. Lovely shot and finish from Santi Carzola after the Bilbao GK spilled it.

games are SO varied in PES 2013. havent started ML yet, cant decide on team ... either Valencia or Sevilla. hmm

I've edited all teams with real names and club crest, even did the competitions!!

this game man forgot how good it was and good memories for me my son was born when this game release

Score my first goal in Top Player. Lovely shot and finish from Santi Carzola after the Bilbao GK spilled it.

games are SO varied in PES 2013. havent started ML yet, cant decide on team ... either Valencia or Sevilla. hmm

I've edited all teams with real names and club crest, even did the competitions!!

this game man forgot how good it was and good memories for me my son was born when this game release
Takes a bit of time with the editing,good thing is that you can always do it as you go along.
I have some editing in Liga 123 left,mainly kits,but I've done the three promoted ones,and if I face any other in the cup,I'll do them before I play them.
Have fun mate

Ok i have no clue still, how to vote for Goal of the Week, when are the nomimations deadline ,until when can i vote, the last two times i was waiting to vote until the end to see all videos and the competition was finished!! :P I know, i am an old stuborn dog who acts like a noob from time to time! So this is my goal from yesterday's re-trial of PES 2016. This game as it is known to everyone is more bad than good, but still has some points that even 2017-2018 and probably 2019 do not have, like the animation of body when shooting and how the inertia and human body weight is represented when players go from out of balance to in-balance condition.And the OFF-THE BALL AI ,movement and positioning, of CPU controlled teamates, which is awesome they are aware all time long, where is the best position to make a move and they have also brilliant timing (momentum). I do not need to post the negatives of 2016, i think everybody is aware of.

So thats my goal scored by M. Arteta.
If the goalie were good ( I even edited them ALL) and CPU fouled once in a while,that game would have been much better than 15-17-18.
Played half a ML season a few months back

If the goalie were good ( I even edited them ALL) and CPU fouled once in a while,that game would have been much better than 15-17-18.
Played half a ML season a few months back

Yeah mate, exactly.

As we were saying in the Pes 17 thread, Pes 16 is such an incredible wasted opportunity. It's like they forgot to program keepers and defences.

It's a shame because in some things it truly feels unique. Animations are so varied and well tied togheter it's amazing, I played it again with just a sweetfx and it looks incredible with broadcast cam, almost real life like. Players have the right weight, individuality is good (players ID truly stand out), cpu teams actually play a good football.

If only keepers weren't as bad and defenders had some awareness, and the game was generally more challenging without every shoot being super op or almost every through/long ball being lethal.. I'd be all over it. I know it's a lot of big "ifs", but it's stuff they kinda corrected in 17, so it's not like it wasn't possible with some bit more of attention. Classic modern Konami at work, I guess!

The article is nice, but I'm getting incredibly triggered from how many nationalities he failed.. :CONF:
I don’t know the author’s background and content,but without trying to be bad at him,he obviously was a “casual” type who listened from somewhere about the ML defaults and tried to write something “catchy” based on the golden era of pes.It is very possible he has never played with them or at best he played only one pes version of them.
If he had the connection we have here he would surely make some special reference to more then the starting XI, or he would make some reference to names variations like Minanda/Miranda,Ximelez/Ximenez,Espinas /Espimas etc.Or he would know that Castolo/Castillo retained his African-American heritage and changed his “passport” to a Greek one being Castolis!!! :P Or that some of them tempted by the dark side of money became MyClub managers!! :D
Ok I know I sound like a supernerd! I go to sleep now :) :P

Last edited:
@slamsoze I think it must have been PES6 because he got that Castolo spot on!

@miguelfcp He did try to contact Zamnenhof, he was 'unavailable for comment' but left a message that he'd be back for pre season training once his safari was over.

@mattmid: Zamenhof should release an autobiography. Sadly only half a page would mention his football achievements, while the remaining 299 and a half pages would focus on his nihilistic pursuits around the globe. Zamenhof, a legend on everything but football.

Some of you already know Fredriksson is not only a keeper but also an excellent dancer; however, this time he outdid himself.
Fredriksson On Ice - teaser trailer
Bravo!

Now, welcome to the VAR room.
0c1c119ac22ce8642651646f8e1c5f9d9e00ab63r1-1200-676v2_hq.jpg

Penalty or not? The referee awarded the penalty to ML United.

@mattmid: Zamenhof should release an autobiography. Sadly only half a page would mention his football achievements, while the remaining 299 and a half pages would focus on his nihilistic pursuits around the globe. Zamenhof, a legend on everything but football.

Some of you already know Fredriksson is not only a keeper but also an excellent dancer; however, this time he outdid himself.
Fredriksson On Ice - teaser trailer
Bravo!

Now, welcome to the VAR room.
0c1c119ac22ce8642651646f8e1c5f9d9e00ab63r1-1200-676v2_hq.jpg

Penalty or not? The referee awarded the penalty to ML United.
Lol this happened to me back in pes6pc.Thought it was some bugged OFs that caused it.Didnt know still present in pes2008

Yeah mate, exactly.

As we were saying in the Pes 17 thread, Pes 16 is such an incredible wasted opportunity. It's like they forgot to program keepers and defences.

It's a shame because in some things it truly feels unique. Animations are so varied and well tied togheter it's amazing, I played it again with just a sweetfx and it looks incredible with broadcast cam, almost real life like. Players have the right weight, individuality is good (players ID truly stand out), cpu teams actually play a good football.

If only keepers weren't as bad and defenders had some awareness, and the game was generally more challenging without every shoot being super op or almost every through/long ball being lethal.. I'd be all over it. I know it's a lot of big "ifs", but it's stuff they kinda corrected in 17, so it's not like it wasn't possible with some bit more of attention. Classic modern Konami at work, I guess!
Played that game to death when it came out,such potential,like you said it got corrected in 17 ( best/most fun modern game?) a game I even played more.
Came in here from that game this spring,guess I was already playing retro then?

Might give my Pes 12 some long deserved love the next few days,ML in that game is so good.

@slamsoze: I have an explanation for both of those videos
1st video - The keeper was clearly talking with the fans and got caught off-guard. Happens to everyone, sometimes we're talking with friends and lose track of time.
2nd video - The goalkeeper, Quim, was bugged in real-life too. Check out this video:
Everytime he conceded a goal, he'd raise his hand asking for either an offside, foul or whatever to be called. This video is only minute and a half long but I've watched him play for the last 20 years, this guy had a problem.

The individuality in these games boys.
Still gets me how good it is.
A small thing like half empty stadiums,have we seen that post Pes 13?
In my pes13 ML vs top-player difficulty my stadium is almost empty every match with my record,about 2w-3D-10L in secunda division.It is a miracle that I see 50-100 fans come to see our games :P In one of these good all MLs,don’t remember specific which one of 11-12-13-15 you could edit your team to have a bigger capacity stadium so you make more income from full attendance matches.When at least stadium capacity used to matter in-game except from cosmetics.

1st video - The keeper was clearly talking with the fans and got caught off-guard. Happens to everyone, sometimes we're talking with friends and lose track of time.
2nd video - The goalkeeper, Quim, was bugged in real-life too. Check out this video:
Everytime he conceded a goal, he'd raise his hand asking for either an offside, foul or whatever to be called. This video is only minute and a half long but I've watched him play for the last 20 years, this guy had a problem.
Classic goalkeepers.
The drummers of football,we had a goalkeeper in my team(Hammarby) Rami Shaaban,had a stint at arsenal early 2000.

Anyway he took the ball far up the pitch,the team were playing was backing down,and he strucks the ball over the mf,but their defence gets it and hoofs it all the way to our goal,Shaaban was outside the penalty box and could only watch it becoming an insane goal.
First reaction?
Started to yell at his poor defenders!
Classic goalkeeping?
Still bully him every now and then on Twitter for it

In my pes13 ML vs top-player difficulty my stadium is almost empty every match with my record,about 2w-3D-10L in secunda division.It is a miracle that I see 50-100 fans come to see our games :P In one of these good all MLs,don’t remember specific which one of 11-12-13-15 you could edit your team to have a bigger capacity stadium so you make more income from full attendance matches.When at least stadium capacity used to matter in-game except from cosmetics.
That's so cool.
Yeah,I've played teams in the relegation zone with no fans in the stand:)
Have to check which version had that feature,great feature.
I think it matters a lot in my ML,I'm playing the Europa league this season,and I'm expecting to make €3 million from that.

Hahaha Miguel since you are the “Portuguese” here I think you remember the best GK duo of Benfica last decade.Quim and Marcelo Moretto :D :P Moretto played here in Greece for AEK Athens.He was brought to replace S. Sorrentino !!!a very good Italian goalie. He ended up being every Sunday’s joke with his goofs.The most representive video I found :) :D

@rockstrongo it is cool ,but it kills some realism,especially if it is in 13 where all Spanish teams have their original stadium cause if you have Rayo for example you must assign them to play in Bernabeu/Nou Camp.I did it to an English club some made up Leeds which was totally fake either way,if I recall my memory.

Last edited:
@slamsoze: Moretto went to AEK after playing for Benfica? But...why? The guy showed flashes of quality in Vitória de Setúbal, if I'm not mistaken, then Benfica bought him but he never showed those skills ever again. AEK scouts must've been high on crack when they made that call...

I don’t know the author’s background and content,but without trying to be bad at him,he obviously was a “casual” type who listened from somewhere about the ML defaults and tried to write something “catchy” based on the golden era of pes.It is very possible he has never played with them or at best he played only one pes version of them.
If he had the connection we have here he would surely make some special reference to more then the starting XI, or he would make some reference to names variations like Minanda/Miranda,Ximelez/Ximenez,Espinas /Espimas etc.Or he would know that Castolo/Castillo retained his African-American heritage and changed his “passport” to a Greek one being Castolis!!! :P Or that some of them tempted by the dark side of money became MyClub managers!! :D
Ok I know I sound like a supernerd! I go to sleep now :) :P

Castello you mean? Lol

Agree with all of the above. Had a cracking evening with PES 12, so much variety in the matches and playing the game like each player mattered to their individual stats.

Gonna give the ML a rattle, though don't know if il delve into the default players as I may be at it for months

PES 18/19 just seem so diluted in comparison, games/players pretty much play the same.

One thing I noticed is that each players first touch mattered depending on how good they were. Del Piero had a great ability to take the ball on the turn and create a chance even though he did not have the necessary follow up speed.

ANother thing I noticed is that PA1 felt so good that you had the right flavour of freedom and star input. Something again nowadays just doesn't seem to matter as most if not every pass goes straight to the players feet. Looking forward to delving into an ML

Castello you mean? Lol

Agree with all of the above. Had a cracking evening with PES 12, so much variety in the matches and playing the game like each player mattered to their individual stats.

Gonna give the ML a rattle, though don't know if il delve into the default players as I may be at it for months

PES 18/19 just seem so diluted in comparison, games/players pretty much play the same.

One thing I noticed is that each players first touch mattered depending on how good they were. Del Piero had a great ability to take the ball on the turn and create a chance even though he did not have the necessary follow up speed.

ANother thing I noticed is that PA1 felt so good that you had the right flavour of freedom and star input. Something again nowadays just doesn't seem to matter as most if not every pass goes straight to the players feet. Looking forward to delving into an ML
Yeah Castello.Im typing from an I-phone and it fking autocorrects everything.If you read the post before my first edit it corrected Espinas/Espimas to Espinoza/Espinoza!!wtf Apple!!? :P

Back
Top Bottom