The Retro-PES Corner

Today I've got a recommendation for you guys: don't put your PES disc in another box. I accidentally put my PES 6 disc in the box of a dvd that I was watching (so that dvd was in my PS2) and later on put that dvd box in a bag to bring it to the second hand store. Long story short: I lost my PES 6 disc and still got the dvd :BRICK: And also: bye bye master league with Celtic :GSCARF:

The story doesn't end there: this little accident has made me (re)start a PES 3 and PES 4 master league save. I play PES 3 on the 3 star difficulty, because that's enough challenge for me at this point and I play PES 4 at the 6 star difficulty with the ML original players (won my 1st match against Everton with a 2-1 score).

A thing that really sets these older PES games apart for me is that the AI can even miss their shots/headers on goal on the highest difficulty setting. For example: in the PES 4 master league game against Everton the AI had more shots on goal that I had, but they only managed to score against me via a corner head in.

@WhoAteMeDinner: Sometimes they do evolve more than that. Seen my newgen CB Jackson, 21 years-old? He's evolved almost 15 levels in each of his attributes in just 3 seasons or so, and keeps gaining a lot of EXP after each match. It depends on the player though, Fredriksson has evolved only two levels in two seasons.
Also remember that in PES6 you can apply different training regimes for each player: if you picked a 17-year-old regen Minanda, for example, you could train him from the start to become a faster player, or a better shooter or header just by focusing mostly or solely on speed/shooting/aerial ability.
Another thing: winning matches influences the EXP points your players get after each match. This, combined with the training regimes, makes the evolution of a player unpredictable...so even if you get a "familiar face" for your team, you'll never quite know how good he'll be in a few years time.

As for the russian bots, we should be welcoming them too. We have to maintain the cool reputation of the Corner, which is probably the most relaxed thread on the internet. So my friends, here's a gift for you.

11.jpg

From The Corner With Love,
the Retro-PES crew

Last edited:
Hello community.

This thread will never catch on:PP :APPLAUD:

I'm going to start a variation of the Solo Challenge (playing as one player) in that I'm going to create a player using random numbers generated from excel for his skills. When that's done I'll decide his position based on what numbers the stats throw up. He's not going to be a keeper though! I'll also allow one extra position alongside the registered one. The player will be 16 and I'll set the random numbers to be between 40 and 70. I will make one proviso to that and give him very good stamina as I don't want to end up watching every other game as my player isn't fit enough to start! I will allow the addition of one special ability as well.

For a bit of fun the player will be from the Minanda family. :D

Ok numbers have been done and we have

ATT 67
DEF 57
BAL 69
STA 90
SPD 58
ACC 41
RES 63
AGI 62
DRA 48
DRS 61
SPA 63
SPS 52
LPA 53
LPS 67
SHA 63
SHP 46
SHT 67
FK 42
SWE 63
HEA 67
JUM 52
TEC 54
AGG 65
MEN 64
GK 42
TW 48

Not too bad a starting point at all. Teamwork is a bit iffy but elsewhere not too bad at all. In honour of the :KING:, young Minanda will be an AM with a secondary position of CM. He will be Portuguese of course as well. I have opted for the middle shooting ability.

Young Minanda has come up through the PES Utd youth team and has made the first team squad for the new season. There was a bit of unrest in the camp as Agata had to give up the number 10 shirt to the young whippersnapper but fortunately Uncle Jose Minanda, the PES Utd coach, smoothed things over and told Agata to make the new boy feel at home.

PES Utd will start in Div 2 (League D) with FC Koln, Breda, Anderlecht, Brugge, Metz, Mainz and Sporting Lisbon who Minanda will be keen to do well against after being released by them at 14 and told he wouldn't make it.

The season will kick off home to Metz.

I certainly had a relief of coming away from the bernabeu with a draw vs a mighty side of madrid, two weeks after that, right at the end of first part of the season, the visit of the blaugrana, top of the league.
Game started slowly while using the 4-5-1 formation to stop these beasts in midfield of barcelona, leo messi needs two and three people marking him in this game as his trickery and dribbling speed is immense, on the other end victor valdes showed why he was the spanish nb 1 keeper after 2010, with two sublime stops to deny me a crazy win at home.
Nil nil it finished

this pes13 on pc and no gameplay patch?

Hey guys, found this thread a week or so ago and took me that long just to go through the whole thing! Loving the content and stories. Anyways, I will be looking to put a few things up soon. I play PES 2008, 2012, and 2014 for the PSP and WE9 for the PC. I may do some PES 2013 as well, (still have my copy on Steam).

Anyways my most recent adventure is re-creating the 2018 FIFA World Cup on PES 2014 for the PSP. I have the updated OF for the correct rosters. I will only be controlling 1 team, (Belguim) and the rest of the games will be played through the Exhibition mode CPU vs CPU on TP difficulty. I believe Exhibition mode has the least amount of "scripting" so hopefully I will get realistic results.

Anyways Group A looks like this so far.

Saudi Arabia 3 points
Eygpt 3 points
Russia 0 points
Uruguay 0 points

Saudi Arabia 2-0 Russia
Eygpt 2-0 Uruguay (Salah 2 goals)

Group B is up next.

I've hopped for a quick one in the memories wagon :) .

Time ago, I've briefly talked about the Pes 5 ML I'm probably more attached to.. seven seasons of epicness in which I've won it all with a Serie A transplanted Chelsea.. I still have the savegame:

pes5 chelsea1.jpg pes5 11.jpg

Had the chills :BLUSH: .

I obviously felt like firing it up for a quick game.
I dominated, but just ended with a draw, against Ac Milan.. with an episode I'll show you:

I can't remember a bigger goal failed in all my Pes life :LMAO:.

By the way, leaving hilarity aside for a moment, I was sure that either Adriano or the keeper would have hit the ball.. when it surprisingly arrived to Joe Cole, I kinda panicked and spammed shoot and other buttons, and that's what happened! It's like the engine read in my mind and translated it in game :LOL:.. scripted or not, wonderful. God, this kind of randomness is so missed in the last years.

On a brighter note, I'll also show you a nice goal I've hit with CR7.. same ML team, but friendly:

Failed the trick, but the shooting after that was sooo satisfying :) .

@Madmac79 That miss is hilarious! It reminds me of something that happened when my brother-in-law and I were playing co-op once. There was a goalmouth scramble and the ball broke loose rolling across the goal about a yard out. He ran onto it to tap it in but pressed the through ball button by mistake, executing a back heel on the goal line which went straight to my player who was out near the penalty spot. I was by that time laughing my head off and didn't even get a shot off before being tackled.

@Madmac79 That miss is hilarious! It reminds me of something that happened when my brother-in-law and I were playing co-op once. There was a goalmouth scramble and the ball broke loose rolling across the goal about a yard out. He ran onto it to tap it in but pressed the through ball button by mistake, executing a back heel on the goal line which went straight to my player who was out near the penalty spot. I was by that time laughing my head off and didn't even get a shot off before being tackled.

:LOL: sounds hilarious as well. In coop or even in multi, especially live with friends or relatives, it was even easier to see this kind of stuff in my experience.

I've hopped for a quick one in the memories wagon :) .

Time ago, I've briefly talked about the Pes 5 ML I'm probably more attached to.. seven seasons of epicness in which I've won it all with a Serie A transplanted Chelsea.. I still have the savegame:

Had the chills :BLUSH: .

I obviously felt like firing it up for a quick game.
I dominated, but just ended with a draw, against Ac Milan.. with an episode I'll show you:

I can't remember a bigger goal failed in all my Pes life :LMAO:.

By the way, leaving hilarity aside for a moment, I was sure that either Adriano or the keeper would have hit the ball.. when it surprisingly arrived to Joe Cole, I kinda panicked and spammed shoot and other buttons, and that's what happened! It's like the engine read in my mind and translated it in game :LOL:.. scripted or not, wonderful. God, this kind of randomness is so missed in the last years.

On a brighter note, I'll also show you a nice goal I've hit with CR7.. same ML team, but friendly:

Failed the trick, but the shooting after that was sooo satisfying :) .
Hahaha lol dude.The missed chance reminded me my pes6 video.I have a bunch of this stuff. :P

@mattmid: That's a very interesting challenge indeed! The Minanda family seems to have its tentacles everywhere, from the Defaults to PES United - and also they hacked my profile picture to put the more famous Minanda there for the world to see. I'm betting Jose Minanda will give the boy a lot of minutes...
Is he tall? He looks like a very young Hamsun with his combination of decent attack, balance, short passing, shooting and header; only with a sh*tload of stamina. Still early to tell what kind of player he could be, it's up to Uncle Jose to shape him into whatever he wants.

Good luck young Minanda!

@Special4988: Welcome to the Corner, the water's fine and the weather is always a treat. Like Hotel California, "you can check out anytime you like but you can never leave", that's how positively addictive this place is.
I got to say, I'm glad to finally meet a fellow PSP PES enthusiast! The PSP versions were completely forgotten by the majority of PES players over the years, which I always found quite unbelievable, as they all provide super solid football gaming experiences - with the advantage of being able to play it on the go.
I've been mainly on the PS2 and sometimes the PC and PS3 for my retro-PES fix, but before creating this thread I spent many years almost exclusively playing many PSP PES versions, particularly PES2011, 12, 13 and 14 for a few ML saves. I didn't play any other football on any other console...that's how satisfying PSP PES was (and is).
Hoping to hear more from you here.

@Madmac79: Damn, that miss...knowing how emotional I can get when playing PES, I'd have immediately subbed off Joe Cole.

EDIT: Mad, that's a great idea. We could also have a "Retro-PES goal of the week/month" contest, what do you guys think?

@miguelfcp I did subbed him indeed.. with Robben.. who of course got injured (C injury players were TRULY fragile back at the times) and needed to be subbed himself after no long :BORED:.. that damn right winger position had some kind of curse :LOL:.

The goal contest sounds like a great idea by the way:))!

This thread will never catch on:PP :APPLAUD:

I'm going to start a variation of the Solo Challenge (playing as one player) in that I'm going to create a player using random numbers generated from excel for his skills. When that's done I'll decide his position based on what numbers the stats throw up. He's not going to be a keeper though! I'll also allow one extra position alongside the registered one. The player will be 16 and I'll set the random numbers to be between 40 and 70. I will make one proviso to that and give him very good stamina as I don't want to end up watching every other game as my player isn't fit enough to start! I will allow the addition of one special ability as well.

For a bit of fun the player will be from the Minanda family. :D

Ok numbers have been done and we have

ATT 67
DEF 57
BAL 69
STA 90
SPD 58
ACC 41
RES 63
AGI 62
DRA 48
DRS 61
SPA 63
SPS 52
LPA 53
LPS 67
SHA 63
SHP 46
SHT 67
FK 42
SWE 63
HEA 67
JUM 52
TEC 54
AGG 65
MEN 64
GK 42
TW 48

Not too bad a starting point at all. Teamwork is a bit iffy but elsewhere not too bad at all. In honour of the :KING:, young Minanda will be an AM with a secondary position of CM. He will be Portuguese of course as well. I have opted for the middle shooting ability.

Young Minanda has come up through the PES Utd youth team and has made the first team squad for the new season. There was a bit of unrest in the camp as Agata had to give up the number 10 shirt to the young whippersnapper but fortunately Uncle Jose Minanda, the PES Utd coach, smoothed things over and told Agata to make the new boy feel at home.

PES Utd will start in Div 2 (League D) with FC Koln, Breda, Anderlecht, Brugge, Metz, Mainz and Sporting Lisbon who Minanda will be keen to do well against after being released by them at 14 and told he wouldn't make it.

The season will kick off home to Metz.
I see he has my Acc (41), takes me 30 Min to get to the fridge!
I see great things for young Minanda.

@miguelfcp I did subbed him indeed.. with Robben.. who of course got injured (C injury players were TRULY fragile back at the times) and needed to be subbed himself after no long :BORED:.. that damn right winger position had some kind of curse :LOL:.

The goal contest sounds like a great idea by the way:))!
Oh i remember back at that days Joe Cole and Robben were as i used to say "wasted money" for a full ML season with their C injury resistance. I signed them in only one save and their total playing ratio in a season was about 1 match/ 3 weeks out.Great times! :D

ML United - Generations Mode - PES2008 PS2

2 matches left to go this season and everything's been decided already.
We will finish 2nd in the league behind an extraordinary Bayern (currently 77% of matches won, incredible season for them) which is 10 points away; and also 10 points away from 3rd placed Benfica. It will be our best D1 performance after our 5th place in our debut season last year.
As for the D1 Cup (which we won last season), we lost in the semis against Galatasaray (0-3, 1-1) who would eventually win the Cup against Bayern. I still have nightmares with Barth, Galatasaray's newgen defender who is a beast of a player...his performance on both legs is one of the most impressive CPU defensive showcases in this save, up there with Maldini's son from Besiktas (regen Maldini) in a match back when we were in D2. They have another newgen CB (Bos, I think) and when they play as a CB duo they are unbeatable - sometimes Barth plays as RB or DMF though.

dkbuzz3.jpg
WEFA Masters Cup: we faced Juventus in the semis and after a 1-1 draw in the (now extinct) Delle Alpi, we won 5-0 at home to clinch a place in the final! It was one of our greatest performances in this save, it was already 4-0 on the 36th minute!
Now the final against AC Milan, an aging team with Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo the brazilian one, Kaká, Gattuso...playing in their legendary 4-4-2 diamond. No team was able to get clear cut chances on goal, though Milan had a lot more shots than us which were never really dangerous. On the only defensive mistake of ours, Kaká scored a left-foot curled shot outside the box and won them the Masters Cup. Well-deserved, though we had a couple of chances to score too.
It was disappointing but still, not bad for our first-ever WEFA participation (was eliminated in the first group stage on the WEFA Championships before joining the Masters Cup).

Despite the heartbreak, something to smile about:

8gSiN6C.jpg
Gutierrez clinches the top scorer award, whilst the already legendary Fredriksson got the assist award - though at least two more players finished also with 2 assists, but WEFA had to give the award to The Most Interesting Man In The World™, naturally.

--
We still have two league matches until the end, which we'll use to give minutes to the younger guys for them to develop more and also for the older folks who never play, including a farewell to Valeny and Ximelez who'll be retiring after the end of this season.
I know what you guys are thinking about: will Zamenhof show up for it?

@miguelfcp Great season :) So, so close in the Masters Cup but there's always next year.

I brought Zamenhoff on with a couple of minutes to go in the last game of Season 6 when he was due to retire. He only played 5 minutes but never conceded during his Domzale career :LOL:

Have you been caught out yet with Fredriksson taking corner's!

@rockstrongo: I always thought Espimas would get an acting career, or at least doing some Pantene ads, now Zamenhof?
The guy really knows how to pick his agents. Haven't played a single minute in 6 seasons, never shows up on practise, and keeps getting his contract extensions over the years...

@mattmid: He'll be telling his kids he was the only keeper who never conceded a goal. He's that sneaky!...
As for Fredriksson, when he takes a corner and we lose the ball, the AI quickly puts a defender on goal. I tend to not let the opponent reach our own half so I immediately commit a foul to stop the counter. On a few times I wasn't able to, but only on one occasion I was in trouble: the shot was stopped by the body of our "temporary keeper". It's always fun to see Fredriksson running the whole length of the pitch like a goddamn maniac to return to his goal, also his speed is quite low so you can almost feel his struggle.

The unbelievable thing is, he's assisted on more corner kick goals on just a few matches than Jaric (previously our only corner-kick taker) on 6 seasons...

Min.jpg

PES Utd are playing a 4-4-2 with two DM's and two wide AM's. Minanda is starting in the left hand side AM role.

It was a warm afternoon in Metz when the son of the legendary Minanda made his professional debut, not that the sparse crowd seemed overly interested about it. With Minanda Snr sitting proudly in the stands along with his ex wife and mum of Jnr, former Russian supermodel Unida Maykova, whose hair was only slightly less incredible than Minanda's own lustrous locks. There was no sign of the tension that was caused by the divorce and the rather large dent in Minanda's bank balance, that ultimately led to him having to see out his career at the less than glamorous ML Utd instead of hanging up his boots in his prime at Madrid. All that was on both faces today was a look of pride as their boy came of age.

Minanda cut an understandably nervous figure early on, trying to stay in space and waiting patiently for a pass, but when he did get the ball he was neat and tidy, if unadventurous, as he adapted to the pace of the professional game. After a quiet first half in which Metz took the lead from their only shot ,the second half burst into life as Agata looked up and saw Minanda's run into the box. He fed the ball through, was this the moment a glorious career was ignited? Well, actually no, he scuffed the shot wide, rather killing the moment. He looked at the ground wanting it to swallow him up, but it wouldn't so he decided to put it behind him. A few minutes before the end a half chance fell to him from a corner. As the ball dropped into a crowd scene in the box he stuck out a leg only to agonisingly poke the ball just wide.

He left the field a little disappointed that he hadn't taken one of his two chances and got his side a draw they probably deserved.

PES Utd 0-1 Metz

He got a 5.5 rating for the game, completed 79% of his passes and had 42 touches. All in all not too bad a debut.

Next up was Breda. Looking more confident in his second game Minanda made a few nice passes and set up a chance for Agata, who incidentally was still wearing the number 10 shirt after it was deemed to late to change it for this season. With half time approaching PES attacked and the ball arrived in the box where Agata controlled it with his back to goal, he rolled it back towards Minanda who had time and space to bring it under control and steady himself before striking it towards goal. It beat the keeper's dive and it buried itself into the net!!! GOAL!!

Breda equalised in the second half before Agata got a late winner for PES Utd, giving themm their first win and points of the season. After the game Minanda said his parents had been very proud of him for scoring his first goal and that his mum hadn't been this proud since winning Rear of the Year several years ago.

PES Utd 2-1 Breda (Minanda 1 goal)

Rating 6.0, Shots 7 (mostly hit and hope!) 60% pass completion, 32 touches.

PES Utd are playing a 4-4-2 with two DM's and two wide AM's. Minanda is starting in the left hand side AM role.

It was a warm afternoon in Metz when the son of the legendary Minanda made his professional debut, not that the sparse crowd seemed overly interested about it. With Minanda Snr sitting proudly in the stands along with his ex wife and mum of Jnr, former Russian supermodel Unida Maykova, whose hair was only slightly less incredible than Minanda's own lustrous locks. There was no sign of the tension that was caused by the divorce and the rather large dent in Minanda's bank balance, that ultimately led to him having to see out his career at the less than glamorous ML Utd instead of hanging up his boots in his prime at Madrid. All that was on both faces today was a look of pride as their boy came of age.

Minanda cut an understandably nervous figure early on, trying to stay in space and waiting patiently for a pass, but when he did get the ball he was neat and tidy, if unadventurous, as he adapted to the pace of the professional game. After a quiet first half in which Metz took the lead from their only shot ,the second half burst into life as Agata looked up and saw Minanda's run into the box. He fed the ball through, was this the moment a glorious career was ignited? Well, actually no, he scuffed the shot wide, rather killing the moment. He looked at the ground wanting it to swallow him up, but it wouldn't so he decided to put it behind him. A few minutes before the end a half chance fell to him from a corner. As the ball dropped into a crowd scene in the box he stuck out a leg only to agonisingly poke the ball just wide.

He left the field a little disappointed that he hadn't taken one of his two chances and got his side a draw they probably deserved.

PES Utd 0-1 Metz

He got a 5.5 rating for the game, completed 79% of his passes and had 42 touches. All in all not too bad a debut.

Next up was Breda. Looking more confident in his second game Minanda made a few nice passes and set up a chance for Agata, who incidentally was still wearing the number 10 shirt after it was deemed to late to change it for this season. With half time approaching PES attacked and the ball arrived in the box where Agata controlled it with his back to goal, he rolled it back towards Minanda who had time and space to bring it under control and steady himself before striking it towards goal. It beat the keeper's dive and it buried itself into the net!!! GOAL!!

Breda equalised in the second half before Agata got a late winner for PES Utd, giving themm their first win and points of the season. After the game Minanda said his parents had been very proud of him for scoring his first goal and that his mum hadn't been this proud since winning Rear of the Year several years ago.

PES Utd 2-1 Breda (Minanda 1 goal)

Rating 6.0, Shots 7 (mostly hit and hope!) 60% pass completion, 32 touches.
Great stuff mate,really top drawer stories.

ML United - Generations Mode - PES2008 PS2

2 matches left to go this season and everything's been decided already.
We will finish 2nd in the league behind an extraordinary Bayern (currently 77% of matches won, incredible season for them) which is 10 points away; and also 10 points away from 3rd placed Benfica. It will be our best D1 performance after our 5th place in our debut season last year.
As for the D1 Cup (which we won last season), we lost in the semis against Galatasaray (0-3, 1-1) who would eventually win the Cup against Bayern. I still have nightmares with Barth, Galatasaray's newgen defender who is a beast of a player...his performance on both legs is one of the most impressive CPU defensive showcases in this save, up there with Maldini's son from Besiktas (regen Maldini) in a match back when we were in D2. They have another newgen CB (Bos, I think) and when they play as a CB duo they are unbeatable - sometimes Barth plays as RB or DMF though.

dkbuzz3.jpg
WEFA Masters Cup: we faced Juventus in the semis and after a 1-1 draw in the (now extinct) Delle Alpi, we won 5-0 at home to clinch a place in the final! It was one of our greatest performances in this save, it was already 4-0 on the 36th minute!
Now the final against AC Milan, an aging team with Nesta, Pirlo, Ronaldo the brazilian one, Kaká, Gattuso...playing in their legendary 4-4-2 diamond. No team was able to get clear cut chances on goal, though Milan had a lot more shots than us which were never really dangerous. On the only defensive mistake of ours, Kaká scored a left-foot curled shot outside the box and won them the Masters Cup. Well-deserved, though we had a couple of chances to score too.
It was disappointing but still, not bad for our first-ever WEFA participation (was eliminated in the first group stage on the WEFA Championships before joining the Masters Cup).

Despite the heartbreak, something to smile about:

8gSiN6C.jpg
Gutierrez clinches the top scorer award, whilst the already legendary Fredriksson got the assist award - though at least two more players finished also with 2 assists, but WEFA had to give the award to The Most Interesting Man In The World™, naturally.

--
We still have two league matches until the end, which we'll use to give minutes to the younger guys for them to develop more and also for the older folks who never play, including a farewell to Valeny and Ximelez who'll be retiring after the end of this season.
I know what you guys are thinking about: will Zamenhof show up for it?
I dont get what s the difference btw pes 2008 on ps2 and any other pes on ps2? They are basically all the same bar the silly goalkeepers in some games where they can t do anything about long shots

Guys, i'm planning doing a PES3 option file, with starting transfers from starting 2003/2004 correct.
I'm totally on PES 3 for the moment, but also PES1... Which is unfortunately uneditable in terms of transfers and not on PC, you can only play it with PCSX2.

I'm a "stat-man", so for NIG players especially, i will take stats from WE7 or WE7LE (japanese version) that i've found.

...But i've remembered that since PES 4 which includes full leagues, stats were way better and more representative.
If you take on old option file on Neoseeker or Gamefaqs, you will have 2004/2005 seasons players, and find takes stats converter with the old CM, so less authentic and less adapted to PES.

So on the short term:
-i will update squad from 2003-2004 season, created players, flags, formations etc.

And on the long term:
-i will try to update every players with WE8 or PES 4 stats (they are the same as PES 3) but it will take time... And i've got project for PES 2019: so it could take more than one year.
...But if i take stats directly WE7 Liveware evolution, it should take less time. What's ennoy me is that PES 4 standards are much more realistic.

Why i want to update stats from others PES version?

-Because between WE7 and PES3, every players which aren't in WE7 and created from scratch was totally "randomised" in terms of stats.
Those players doesn't fit at all with their playing style neither with konami standard, and corrected in WE7LE japan version.
PES 3 was the game i've most edited, so you could trust me, or i could give you some screenshots to prove that.

- It's better to have squad from 2003/2004 but with their values not from the past season, but the 2004/2005 season, or the after the Winter transfers (WE7LE j version)

Let know if you need any help

Back
Top Bottom